PDA

View Full Version : This would be the perfect time to trade Barden

WinterIsComing
08-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Let's face it, there is a good chance he never gets a snap this season. I think now would be a good time to trade him for a 5th rounder (if thats possible) and free up a roster spot. Discuss.

davepc
08-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes, because other GMs will trade for a guy who's going to cut later this week. They're all just dying to throw draft picks at the Giants for marginal talent.

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Let's face it, there is a good chance he never gets a snap this season. I think now would be a good time to trade him for a 5th rounder (if thats possible) and free up a roster spot. Discuss.

Grab your helmet lol

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 09:46 PM
No not now. Giants maybe need to show more. Yet then again, nope not going to happen.

ShakeandBake
08-25-2012, 09:50 PM
who the hell would trade a 5th or any pick for Barden?

TheEnigma
08-25-2012, 09:56 PM
If I was the GM of another team, I'd take the chance on Barden being released rather than giving any draft picks for him.

Bones911
08-25-2012, 09:57 PM
who the hell would trade a 5th or any pick for Barden?

The Jets? lol

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 09:58 PM
The Jets? lol

The Patriots like to raid our fridge

pacco_diablo
08-25-2012, 10:10 PM
For what it's worth... I sat next to Jason Garrett on a flight and we discussed Ramses Barden. He was pretty high on the kid. He has a lot to show yet. I'm with everyone else in that the game last night was just preseason. I personally don't think that he got many opportunities during his first two years but I'm sure that a lot of that was because of what was seen from him in practice. The leash is still very short. It's do or die time.

RagTime Blue
08-25-2012, 10:11 PM
The Vikings gave the Skins a 5th rounder for McNabb. Barden has one more year remaining on his contract.

FlyingTruck
08-25-2012, 10:14 PM
He's now worth something because he finally showed some production in a preseason game? Are you crazy?

nhpgiantsfan
08-25-2012, 10:37 PM
For what it's worth... I sat next to Jason Garrett on a flight and we discussed Ramses Barden. He was pretty high on the kid. He has a lot to show yet. I'm with everyone else in that the game last night was just preseason. I personally don't think that he got many opportunities during his first two years but I'm sure that a lot of that was because of what was seen from him in practice. The leash is still very short. It's do or die time.

Wait, so you had the opportunity to have a conversation with Jason Garrett, and you chose Ramses Barden as your topic of choice?

TheEnigma
08-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Wait, so you had the opportunity to have a conversation with Jason Garrett, and you chose Ramses Barden as your topic of choice?

I laughed at this comment way more than I should of.

seawolf47
08-26-2012, 12:27 AM
He has far too much upside and far too little on his resume to be traded to anyone. His development this year has been tremendous, and the injury to Nicks has a lot to do with it. He has good hands and worked with Eli alot in the off season which is why you are seeing the improved timing in games so far. He had a lot of work to do this off season and seems to have done it. One of the big things holding him back the last two years is his inside breaks were very slow and easy to defend, obviously in Coach Gilbride's offense that trait does not work because they run about 80% insides on both sides of the field. They have kept him because he is so athletic and his hands are good and he is so tall, if putting in the extra work with Eli on High School fields this winter and spring works he not only will make the team but will make an impact this season.

rainierjef
08-26-2012, 01:30 AM
I laughed at this comment way more than I should of.

sadly......me too.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-26-2012, 01:36 AM
I wouldn't even take a 5th for Barden... he's going to be good you'll see.

GMan-67
08-26-2012, 03:50 AM
For Who ??

Marvelousmik
08-26-2012, 08:38 AM

I stopped playing madden a long time ago

NYG6timeworldchamps
08-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Carr did look rough

Roswell777
08-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't even take a 5th for Barden... he's going to be good you'll see.

I agree. Split time between Barden and Randle on one side, Nicks on the other and Cruz in the slot in three wide sets.

Joe Morrison
08-26-2012, 12:15 PM
That is why you post and coach's coach, they have him on the cheap and have invested 3 years, he showed last night when he plays with the 1's he will be a capable reciever, big guy, Eli will tested him last night and he passed. You have to remember that Nicks has yet to play all 16 games in a season so the GMEN can never have enough depth at reciever.

mcillo
08-26-2012, 12:40 PM
He's now worth something because he finally showed some production in a preseason game? Are you crazy? So the Giants finally decide to throw to him , ( as if it`s his decision on when to get thrown to ) he beats Tillman badly twice, and your logic against him is that it`s a preseason game ?

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 01:02 PM
I have to wonder who would knock on our door for a receiver who has one TD catch in three seasons and a history of injuries?

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 01:08 PM
I agree. Split time between Barden and Randle on one side, Nicks on the other and Cruz in the slot in three wide sets.

in two wide formations, nicks/cruz.
in three wr formations, I do like the idea of Nicks Cruz (JJ spelling him) Barden/Randle

Then you use Hixon to spell any one of them...

We would not only have a LETHAL 1-2-3 combo on top of having a top 3 WR tandem in Nicks n Cruz. But we would also have some seriously talented youth behind them learning and progressing themselves. When you have guys like Nicks n Cruz setting the bar so high, the rest of the groups play rises to try and meet that challenge...we're set with Eli leading the way

Sarcasman
08-26-2012, 02:18 PM

Because Jason Garrett is of course going to be completely candid and honest discussing his assessment of opposing team's talent while talking with a fan on a flight.

seawolf47
08-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Because Jason Garrett is of course going to be completely candid and honest discussing his assessment of opposing team's talent while talking with a fan on a flight.

Believe it or not coaches and players, when in a position to actually talk to fan's in normal situations will typically be honest and forthright in discussion if the fan is normal and respectful during the talk. There is no downside to it and it is great PR. They all are taught that by their employers in classes that the teams pay for. And in giving a fan a glean of information that is not common, like chatting about a seldom used backup wideout, the player or coach earns a "fan" themselves in the fan they are talking to.

Sarcasman
08-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Believe it or not coaches and players, when in a position to actually talk to fan's in normal situations will typically be honest and forthright in discussion if the fan is normal and respectful during the talk. There is no downside to it and it is great PR. They all are taught that by their employers in classes that the teams pay for. And in giving a fan a glean of information that is not common, like chatting about a seldom used backup wideout, the player or coach earns a "fan" themselves in the fan they are talking to.

Good point. It's probably the same type of training they receive in how to deal with the media. I wouldn't call it candid obviously nor insightful for that matter, but I agree that it is probably honest as there's no reason on earth not to be honest when meeting with the media or a friendly opposing fan and tossing a few generic platitudes their way.

seawolf47
08-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Meeting with the media is completely different, and a completely different class they have to attend. The media represents everything evil but is the necessary type that bridges the gap between fans and the game and creates the bulk of the revenue that the league enjoys. media rules are imposed on players and coaches, fan guideline behavior is simply suggested. Increased popularity creates increased revenue opportunities however and most will take them. Coaches, and players who one day will be coaches, simply enjoy talking about the game with anyone and will typically do it. Garrett as an example is a great x's and o's guy and most likely chats the game up with anyone who will listen all day long. Its also a little give back opportunity, knowing full well that discussing non reported issues give the fan a feeling of having learned something not publicly known which people love. ill bet that was a great flight for whoever had that discussion with him.

Sarcasman
08-26-2012, 03:19 PM
I never advanced the idea that same type and exact same are synonymous. That said, the respective trainings would be more similar than different as each would have at the core of its curriculum the idea that one should never say anything too controversial, provocative or candid.

Axels17
08-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Yes, because other GMs will trade for a guy who's going to cut later this week. They're all just dying to throw draft picks at the Giants for marginal talent.

You realize that happens all the time, right? GMs don't always want to risk waiver wire for a guy who has really impressed

myles2424
08-26-2012, 03:49 PM
We should definetly hold out for a 7th round pick in the 2017 draft...

Tmurda1984
08-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Yea like some of the posters already said, GMs should wait to see if Barden would get cut, Why on earth would any GM would give up picks. I still wondering why Reese even drafted this bum that high.

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 02:18 AM
It's the perfect time to trade Eli also... 2 time sb mvp, in his prime, doesn't mean we're gonna do it.

pacco_diablo
08-27-2012, 10:36 AM

We chopped it up for a good two hours. We talked a lot more about family rather than football, but we did talk about his days with the Giants and a lot about the Fassel era. I wished him good luck but with true allegiance to my team I had to tell him "except against us." With my job, I've been fortunate enough to work with many hall of famers and professional athletes. He was definitely a very down to earth nice guy, unlike the many NBA players, who are by far the worse in regard to attitude and self-indulgence.

pacco_diablo
08-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Meeting with the media is completely different, and a completely different class they have to attend. The media represents everything evil but is the necessary type that bridges the gap between fans and the game and creates the bulk of the revenue that the league enjoys. media rules are imposed on players and coaches, fan guideline behavior is simply suggested. Increased popularity creates increased revenue opportunities however and most will take them. Coaches, and players who one day will be coaches, simply enjoy talking about the game with anyone and will typically do it. Garrett as an example is a great x's and o's guy and most likely chats the game up with anyone who will listen all day long. Its also a little give back opportunity, knowing full well that discussing non reported issues give the fan a feeling of having learned something not publicly known which people love. ill bet that was a great flight for whoever had that discussion with him.

Indeed seawolf. It was definitely memorable. It was like chatting with any stranger honestly.

mainefan
08-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Barden has a world of potential, so why not give him a shot at proving his worth?
The fade can be a major weapon, and if he does well, end of story. He demonstrates
great hands, and has proven he can get open at this point. Say what you want, his height can
be a major advantage.

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Barden is tall he just needs to get his feet under him.