PDA

View Full Version : Where were David Wilson runs most effective...?

Razur
08-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Didn't DVR the game : /...Did our O-line open up holes or was he more productive outside? He was exciting to watch, just wondering if he has the "north-south" instinct ?

FlyingTruck
08-25-2012, 10:57 PM
From the highlights he was doing it himself really. Just using his speed and shiftiness. His balance is amazing! Doesn't really go down from the first hit, and can keep gaining yards even with a defender on his back. I guess you can say he's a north-south runner, but he only turns it up field once he shakes the defense and sees an open hole.

jimmie ray
08-25-2012, 11:01 PM
He did bounce off a couple guys, and stuttered around a little bit - before continuing in the right direction. Not the familiar Bear's swarming defense at times...

titwio
08-25-2012, 11:02 PM
They ran some different misdirection plays yesterday to get Wilson in space. I thought It was pretty clever of Gilbride and actually I felt like I was watching Wilson at Virginia Tech with some of those plays.

I could picture Ahmad saying to himself "why they don't run that for me".

All in all Wilson had some pretty good holes and space to work with last night.

Here's his highlights courtesy of snappinnecks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxTRbN16rIo&hd=1

TheEnigma
08-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Oline actually had some nice blocks on the outside last night but Wilson made the plays even bigger by shedding some key tackles. With our inability to run up the middle, I expect most of his production will be runs outside the offensive tackles.

giants8493
08-25-2012, 11:32 PM
They ran some different misdirection plays yesterday to get Wilson in space. I thought It was pretty clever of Gilbride and actually I felt like I was watching Wilson at Virginia Tech with some of those plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxTRbN16rIo&hd=1Impressive running. Eh?

seawolf47
08-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Nice job by both the line and Wilson. He did a nice job out of the backfield as well. He has pretty good hands and put them on display last night. Tough runner for a small guy and not afraid of contact at all. Was nice to watch. Both quick and fast, which is always fun to watch.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
08-26-2012, 02:38 AM
Top notch for yards after contact. That alone makes him valuable and a top notch RB for the future.

ELI_Iz_God
08-26-2012, 03:43 AM
I don't want this to come off as too much...or setting expectations too high....but doesn't his running style kinda resemble Barry Sanders? I remember that Cat would run into a whole group of defenders and keep his balance the same way and take off in another direction unaffected. Again in no way saying he is the next BS...but just sayin....it's similiar

GMan-67
08-26-2012, 04:06 AM
i have zero concerns about his running ... for him it's all about blitz pickup and ball security ... he's a dynamic young back ... could be a lot of fun to watch this year

Toadofsteel
08-26-2012, 09:05 AM
His running style is actually very good for this team, what with the suspect o-line and all. Being able to go off-tackle all the time and breaking out huge YAC numbers means that he can run well despite poor o-line play.

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 09:46 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxTRbN16rIo&hd=1

Pascoe, Hynoski and Boothe are doing some pretty nice blocking

Gimaniac
08-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Where weren't David Wilson runs most effective...?

Rat_bastich
08-26-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't want this to come off as too much...or setting expectations too high....but doesn't his running style kinda resemble Barry Sanders? I remember that Cat would run into a whole group of defenders and keep his balance the same way and take off in another direction unaffected. Again in no way saying he is the next BS...but just sayin....it's similiar

I remember a game where he was playing either against San Francisco or Green Bay and the player dived for him and missed. Barry planted his knee on the guy's back and spun around to face another direction then took off. If Wilson can be half of that I would be very very happy.

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 10:57 AM
he reminds me more of gayle sayers. i believe both were track stars as well. Wilson keeps his center of balance in situations he shouldnt be able to...

ImElectric2
08-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow. That YouTube video is honestly the first I've seen of Wilson and OMG. Yes. Yes. Yes. Never doubt Reese in the draft. Be excited. This kid is showing the goods. He looked very consistent in how he runs. Doesn't think too much. Runs through people. And yeah, that speed is legit too. Let's now pray that a monster OT gets cut and we may be talking repeat with a born again running game to pair with Eli and our stable of WR.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Wow. That YouTube video is honestly the first I've seen of Wilson and OMG. Yes. Yes. Yes. Never doubt Reese in the draft. Be excited. This kid is showing the goods. He looked very consistent in how he runs. Doesn't think too much. Runs through people. And yeah, that speed is legit too. Let's now pray that a monster OT gets cut and we may be talking repeat with a born again running game to pair with Eli and our stable of WR.

I love your enthusiasm.........but are you honestly hoping a monster OT gets cut?...most waiver pickups fill out the bottom of a roster...as in added depth...... not the starters of a the super bowl champs.......perhaps we should be looking for big foot too

njsean
08-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Where will Wilson run most effectively? That's like asking where does depression hurt in a Cymbalta commercial!

EVERYWHERE

ImElectric2
08-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Lol, oh, I'm sorry....did I say "let's just pray" as in "we would need a miracle"?Get off your high horse buddy. Stranger things have happened. Who would have thought wed get a player like Rivers for a 5th round pick? Or a quality, starting caliber DT for vet min right before the 2nd preseason game. But I'm an optimist and you're the type of realist who probably said we weren't even making the playoffs around week 12 last year. Whatevs. I'll live in my fantasy world, you live in yours. Let's try not to poop in each others from here on out though and appreciate that we both love the giants. Cheers.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Lol, oh, I'm sorry....did I say "let's just pray" as in "we would need a miracle"?Get off your high horse buddy. Stranger things have happened. Who would have thought wed get a player like Rivers for a 5th round pick? Or a quality, starting caliber DT for vet min right before the 2nd preseason game. But I'm an optimist and you're the type of realist who probably said we weren't even making the playoffs around week 12 last year. Whatevs. I'll live in my fantasy world, you live in yours. Let's try not to poop in each others from here on out though and appreciate that we both love the giants. Cheers.

My apologies for being a realist....I was not trying to offend you....try not being so sensative

ImElectric2
08-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Ah, so reading comprehention is your stigma. I was calling you an "a"-hole is what you should have taken from that, my girl.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Ah, so reading comprehention is your stigma. I was calling you an "a"-hole is what you should have taken from that, my girl.

good luck....we'll talk when you get back I guess

Razur
08-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Pascoe, Hynoski and Boothe are doing some pretty nice blocking

Yep..good call Roak..saw the clips from the posted Youtube..and Hynoski leveled a couple of bodies...and Boothe..that was my question, now answered..wasn't so much about Wilson's talent, as our O-Line making holes...looks like that got skewed by a couple of posters..Anyways,,was really good to see a productive running game...Here's to it just getting better as soon as Bradshaws back...This is GOOD..VERY VERY GOOD!

GO Giants!!!