PDA

View Full Version : Yes.........another Eli thread!!

FBomb
08-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Found this blurb in one of the articles in RF's News Thread, and I found it very tellin:

"•Eli Manning – He had a very Eli-esque game tonight. His timing with his receivers were right on cue. His throws were accurate and sharp. He would play the first half, finishing 17 for 21 with 148 yards and one touchdown."

I remember, not long ago, when Eli had an "Eli-esque" night......it meant something completely different.;)

giants8493
08-26-2012, 12:04 AM
I don't???? Please explain.

appodictic
08-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Actually I thought it was not very "Eli-esque" even when Eli is on its usually like a game of holdem where there is a few exchanges with not much action and then suddenly there is a big pot. Usually we sputter a bit and them eli casts off a long ball or makes a great throw and the game opens up.

This was very Peyton-esq spread the ball, hit many receivers short. Move the chains.

gumby74
08-26-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm actually surprised there wasn't a thread complaining about Eli being ranked 5th on ESPN's best QB list.

FBomb
08-26-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't???? Please explain.

Eli doubters would use that term as a means to insult Eli's play.

FBomb
08-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Actually I thought it was not very "Eli-esque" even when Eli is on its usually like a game of holdem where there is a few exchanges with not much action and then suddenly there is a big pot. Usually we sputter a bit and them eli casts off a long ball or makes a great throw and the game opens up.

This was very Peyton-esq spread the ball, hit many receivers short. Move the chains.

Well, that's playcalling and that's something completely different. This has more to do with Eli's traits as a QB...timing on cue and accurate were not considered Eli-esque just a few short years ago,

FBomb
08-26-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm actually surprised there wasn't a thread complaining about Eli being ranked 5th on ESPN's best QB list.

WHAT!!?? That's outrageous!!! There needs to be a spot invented that's BETTER than #1 so we can properly place Eli there!! Call it #1 with lemon!!

FBomb
08-26-2012, 12:25 AM

You are right though....the playcalling was a lot different than we've seen. Lots of short yardage passing.

Cool Papa B.
08-26-2012, 12:30 AM
I predict this thread will be 40 pages long.

Laurah1275
08-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Found this blurb in one of the articles in RF's News Thread, and I found it very tellin:

"•Eli Manning – He had a very Eli-esque game tonight. His timing with his receivers were right on cue. His throws were accurate and sharp. He would play the first half, finishing 17 for 21 with 148 yards and one touchdown."

I remember, not long ago, when Eli had an "Eli-esque" night......it meant something completely different.;)Best thread ever...I have so much I wanna say, but I have to organize my thoughts first, don't wanna sound like a bubbly blonde ;)

rainierjef
08-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Best thread ever...I have so much I wanna say, but I have to organize my thoughts first, don't wanna sound like a bubbly blonde ;)

Too late.....

nygfan90
08-26-2012, 02:48 AM
Too late.....lmao..my thought's exactly!!

GMan-67
08-26-2012, 04:23 AM
ha, well the Eli haters are all hiding under rocks right now, but 1 loss, 2 INTs and bashful stare at the sky and they will be rowing their Merrimans down the Pilliip River

Captain Chaos
08-26-2012, 06:37 AM
Wow, this thread took a left turn at Albuquerque....Eli esque is like beauty-its in the eyes of the beholder!

Toadofsteel
08-26-2012, 09:08 AM
ha, well the Eli haters are all hiding under rocks right now, but 1 loss, 2 INTs and bashful stare at the sky and they will be rowing their Merrimans down the Pilliip River

To be fair, some of us were converted after last season... I for one liked how he recognized that he had a problem in 2010 (he was a Pickmaster Extraordinaire) and went out onto some random football field in the middle of nowhere with his receivers in the middle of a freaking lockout to work on it.

GiantVibes
08-26-2012, 09:18 AM

Lmao nice pun

GCGiant
08-26-2012, 10:57 AM

I think you give them too much credit. I'm thinking after a win and Eli was only 14/20, 220 yds., and 1 almost pick that a defender had go off his fingernails.

FBomb
08-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I tried discussing it with Eli after the game, but he was mum about it. As a matter of fact, he didn't have a whole lot to say about anything!!! Kind of stuck up, if you ask me!!

ashleymarie
08-26-2012, 12:19 PM
I tried discussing it with Eli after the game, but he was mum about it. As a matter of fact, he didn't have a whole lot to say about anything!!! Kind of stuck up, if you ask me!!

You are getting my dander up. LOL. Thanks for the tidbit on Eli. Never enough Eli news around here. :D

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Too late.....Nice RAINIERJEF!!!!

Sarcasman
08-26-2012, 02:34 PM

I was going to start a thread complaining that ESPN actually had the temerity to believe that its rankings were of use, value or interest to anyone such that it would even bother to publish its own arbitrary ranking but then realized that this is a board of football fans so that would just be preaching to the choir...

Sarcasman
08-26-2012, 02:38 PM

Merri..........Who?

Drez
08-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Merri..........Who?I think he's that guy that just got cut from the Bills the other week. I heard his nick name used to be Lights Out, but now it's just lights out for him.

Sarcasman
08-26-2012, 03:26 PM
I think that was only his nickname when he was juicing.

Oh well, at least they got a great kicker out of the deal...........

jomo
08-26-2012, 03:31 PM

I remember, not long ago, when Eli had an "Eli-esque" night......it meant something completely different.;)That's true FB. Included in that 17 for 21 the other night was what I'd call a bad drop by Cruz. Actually Cruz even makes his drops look exciting. For those who didn't see it, Cruz was open downfield to Eli's right about 20 yards. He's coming back for the ball with all kinds of real estate toward the sideline. In true Cruz fashion, he's not content to make a catch but he's looking to take it to the house. That resulted in a drop of a ball right on his hands at his waist. No worries though, he and Nick are going to be a dynamic duo this year.

giants8493
08-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Eli doubters would use that term as a means to insult Eli's play.oh I thought they just said he was a raindeer or something else stupid.

derekunion28
08-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Too late..... i thought she was allrdy voted in as bubbly blonde in that other thread lol .....j/k

Harooni
08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
fbomb is correct in the past an eli-esque game would be good first series, followed by poor to mediocre play most of the game till half way through the 4th qtr where he got hot.

look forward to seeing steady play the whole game.

Moke
08-27-2012, 12:03 PM

I remember, not long ago, when Eli had an "Eli-esque" night......it meant something completely different.;)

You can tell Eli has evolved into a complete QB. His pocket movement improved by far throughout the years and he seems never to hesitate in terms of getting the ball out.

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 12:16 PM
fbomb is correct in the past an eli-esque game would be good first series, followed by poor to mediocre play most of the game till half way through the 4th qtr where he got hot.

look forward to seeing steady play the whole game.
hey harooni I heard you were the 2nd best poster after the great wise RF hows it going

Morehead State
08-27-2012, 01:23 PM
You guys are like a bunch of little girls. Can't you just enjoy our QB without needing to try to pit Giants fans against each other?

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 02:09 PM
You guys are like a bunch of little girls. Can't you just enjoy our QB without needing to try to pit Giants fans against each other?
morehead you loser youre just mad eli is the best you hate eli stop complaining okay and enjoy the TWO SB WINS HE GAVE YOU.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 02:12 PM
morehead you loser youre just mad eli is the best you hate eli stop complaining okay and enjoy the TWO SB WINS HE GAVE YOU.

wow....where is the love amongst Giant fans?

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 02:12 PM
wow....where is the love amongst Giant fans?
i only dislike morehead around here i have been viewing boards for a while and he is annoying.

Moke
08-27-2012, 02:13 PM
I think Morehead is a good poster though

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Morehead is not a good poster I checked with the experts.

GameTime
08-27-2012, 02:19 PM
you have your right to your opinion but you sound like a little kid with your insulting posts....grow up.

Moke
08-27-2012, 02:22 PM
you have your right to your opinion but you sound like a little kid with your insulting posts....grow up.

I've seen it in 3 different threads now. I mean, yeah, people have their opinions of other posters and they hate them, but no one really makes it directly aware like that.

Oh well. I guess people are more vocal. Calling someone a "loser" is unacceptable.

Mod_C
08-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm the expert on threads being hijacked and this is now one of them. Get along boys and girls or use the ignore feature. We can debate without attacking one another or we can't debate