PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one upset Coughlin sat Bradshaw for the whole 1st half

BParcells777
12-12-2011, 04:14 PM
We might have had 14 points not 6 in the 1st half if Bradshaw was there for the 1st and goals

Coughlin selfishly was willing to punish the team, the organization, and millions of Giants fans to satisfy his principles......was not a fine more in order??? Thats what Lombardi did to Max McGee before the 1st Super Bowl for the same infraction.....Lombardi said the next time it would be $10,000 and if McGee had something to do that was worth $10,000 (a lot of money 1n 1961) to bring Lombardi with him LOL

But seriously I'd get rid of this old bat for hiring Sheridan and Fewell and then this ridiculous "principles" sitting

daynemustgo
12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Why blame coughlin? AB knew the rules and broke them. Be mad at him for being selfish and not putting the team first.

TroyArcher
12-12-2011, 04:19 PM
We might have had 14 points not 6 in the 1st half if Bradshaw was there for the 1st and goals

Coughlin selfishly was willing to punish the team, the organization, and millions of Giants fans to satisfy his principles......was not a fine more in order??? Thats what Lombardi did to Max McGee before the 1st Super Bowl for the same infraction.....Lombardi said the next time it would be $10,000 and if McGee had something to do that was worth $10,000 (a lot of money 1n 1961) to bring Lombardi with him LOL

But seriously I'd get rid of this old bat for hiring Sheridan and Fewell and then this ridiculous "principles" sitting
</P>

Principles matter. The Giants are a classy organization and TC is a classy guy. I like Bradshaw but he screwed up and deserved to be benched. You calling TC an old bat shows you have no class. </P>

NYG4lifeNYK
12-12-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm THRILLED he stuck to his principles.

Bradshaw is an idiot for missing curfew during our biggest game of the season.. HUGE HUGE HUGE divisional game &amp; you're going to be late the night before?

Sit your *** on the bench &amp; maybe next time you'll know better.

Jacobs was a force... well deserved start

Morehead State
12-12-2011, 04:27 PM

</P>

BJ was much better than Bradshaw last night. Kid played great. Bradshaw was rusty.</P>

nygsb42champs
12-12-2011, 04:28 PM
TC did the right thing. Bradshaw knew what the rule was. He is the one who let his teammates down.

BParcells777
12-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Excuse me but your all idiots......he punished the entire Giants Nation when a Fine was in order

It worked out though as Jacobs had a Redemption game.....looked like the Jacobs of 2007

I'm not even go to the dancing on the star thing ......he is missing some brain cells.....maybe half a brain

Jerry Garcia
12-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Why retort to calling everyone an idiot because they didn't agree with you??? You asked if anyone else was upset??? All said NO, never once attacking you,....

BTW, the REAL BParcells would of done the same.

Itlan
12-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Excuse me but your all idiots......he punished the entire Giants Nation when a Fine was in order

It worked out though as Jacobs had a Redemption game.....looked like the Jacobs of 2007

I'm not even go to the dancing on the star thing ......he is missing some brain cells.....maybe half a brain
Excuse me, but YOU'RE an idiot. Not your, but you're.

And you're wrong. If we lost because Bradshaw wasn't in the game, then it's on Bradshaw for breaking the rules. This is exactly why the U.S. is filled with self-entitled, over-privileged little brats who continue to prove most people are not fit to be parents.

I'm going to assume you're one of them as well.

Break the rules, deal with the consequences. Stay classy Coughlin.

AntB
12-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Why upset when Jacobs kicked butt and Ware has been Ok too especially on the short passes, helps avoid the sacks.

Morehead State
12-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Why retort to calling everyone an idiot because they didn't agree with you??? You asked if anyone else was upset??? All said NO, never once attacking you,.... BTW, the REAL BParcells would of done the same.</P>

So he can get someone to respond like this.</P>

You lose.</P>

Jerry Garcia
12-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Why retort to calling everyone an idiot because they didn't agree with you??? You asked if anyone else was upset??? All said NO, never once attacking you,.... BTW, the REAL BParcells would of done the same.</P>

You lose.</P>

You're right, you win....LOL

Jerry Garcia
12-12-2011, 04:46 PM

You lose.</P>

You're right, you win....LOL

lawl
12-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Jakk strikes again.</P>

</P>

only a matter of time before they get rid of your thread making capabilities again. Yes, everyone, AGAIN.</P>

nycsportzfan
12-12-2011, 04:52 PM

</p>

BJ was much better than Bradshaw last night. Kid played great. Bradshaw was rusty.</p> Thats what i don't get? I was saying this in the GDT as well Jacobs was running the best i'd seen in 2seasons and people were talking about Bradshaw this and bradshaw that! Shoot That was the best we looked running the ball in general in along time! Jacobs was sensational!

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Don't put the player before the team, even if that player can help you win.

Bradshaw broke the rule, he deserved to be benched. Agree 1000% with coughlin

Joe Morrison
12-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Jacobs tore it up, there is no playing around with TC no matter who you are.</P>

Stop whining, be happy with the win, Bradshaw will be healthier next week with the limited palying time this week.</P>

burier
12-12-2011, 04:56 PM
this issue seems like spilled milk to me.

stormblue
12-12-2011, 05:03 PM
@ BP777

i agree with you totally.
benching someone for curfew is college stuff.
sitting him out only hurts the team.
hurt him in his wallet, that always gets their attention.
as far as TC goes....never wanted him , still can't stand him. our defense has sucked since he took over. 8 years of lousy defense.....even the superbowl year we were in the bottom half
of the league in defense.

JMFP2
12-12-2011, 05:05 PM

Coughlin selfishly was willing to punish the team, the organization, and millions of Giants fans to satisfy his principles......was not a fine more in order???* Thats what Lombardi did to Max McGee before the 1st Super Bowl for the same infraction.....Lombardi said the next time it would be $10,000 and if McGee had something to do that was worth $10,000 (a lot of money 1n 1961) to bring Lombardi with him LOL

I'm happy to find out that Jacobs hasn't lost anything....the Giants just found a decent offensive line combination.

gmen46
12-12-2011, 05:10 PM
@ BP777

as far as TC goes....never wanted him , still can't stand him. our defense has sucked since he took over. 8 years of lousy defense.....even the superbowl year we were in the bottom half

Well.

THIS post really goes a long way to enhance your credibility. First you agree with the OP (your right to sound ignorant, as an American citizen), and then your comments take you down hill from there.

Roswell777
12-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey Parcells 777

I respect your opinion. I can't wait for the day when I agree with it.

fourth&forever
12-12-2011, 05:40 PM
blah blah... Coughlin selfishly was willing to punish the team, the organization, and millions of Giants fans to satisfy his principles......blather... blather... blather...

We are nothing without principles.
Jakk does not believe in principles.
Jakk is nothing.

bansaw
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
go call a radio station about it

chasjay
12-12-2011, 05:53 PM
When I first heard about it, I was upset with Bradshaw. It never even occurred to me to be upset with TC. After BJ tore off a couple of first downs, I wasn't upset with anybody.

But to your point, there is a difference between the convenient thing and the right thing. Wade Phillips is a good ole boy - he probably wouldn't have sat Bradshaw. You want Wade as head coach?

barran21
12-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Tip toe burglar was great last night, he really hates the Cowboys he always shows up against them...

BlueBlooded1979
12-12-2011, 06:06 PM
TCs dedication to principles is impressive. I am not sure I could make that call with the season and my job on the line.

Watching AB play it looks like he needed a few more hours of sleep anyway.

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Instead of blaming TC, How about blaming the guy who missed curfew the night before the biggest game of the year? No way he does this if it is a contract year. No way he shouldnt be punished as if he were anyone else on the team.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 06:09 PM

You may well be

giantsfan39
12-12-2011, 06:15 PM
No. This is what good coaches do. Parcells would have done the same thing. Reid does the same thing. Belichick has benched Welker.

I do think an entire half was a bit much though.

JMGGIANTS
12-12-2011, 06:16 PM
but he probably sat the entire half because he was not missed with Jacobs running so well.

Mod_C
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM

Jack, first, you asked a loaded question and now you are unhappy with the answers. Second, we do not need name calling to prove points. State your case, which you are very capable of doing. But when you ask the question and most responses are in disagreement, try examining your original position instead of overreacting.

TrueBlue2180
12-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Double post.

TrueBlue2180
12-12-2011, 06:22 PM
@ BP777

Total Defense Rankings:

2004: 13
2005: 24
2006: 25
2007: 7 (The Super Bowl year we apparently finished in the bottom half. Huh?)
2008: 5
2009: 13
2010: 7
2011: 30

So, 5 of 8 seasons the defense has been in the top half of the league, and 3 of 8 seasons the defense has been in the top 10 in the league. In 2003, the year before he got there, the defense was ranked 22nd in total defense.

TheEnigma
12-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Fortunately, Bradshaw missing his curfew seemed to be a blessing in disguise for us as we know now since BJ had a nice game and Bradshaw didn't seem to be at 100% out there.

Coughlin did dodge a possible media bullet with this situation since we got the win but you know that if we lost instead in this close game, there would be an article or two about Coughlin and criticizing the move.It would of been similar to when Reid sat DJAX on the bench and they lost.

Mod_C
12-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Fortunately, Bradshaw missing his curfew seemed to be a blessing in disguise for us as we know now since BJ had a nice game and Bradshaw didn't seem to be at 100% out there.

<font color="#0000FF">Coughlin did dodge a possible media bullet with this situation since we got the win but you know that if we lost instead in this close game, there would be an article or two about Coughlin and criticizing the move.It would of been similar to when Reid </font>sat DJAX on the bench and they lost.

I'm not so sure any such articles would have gained much traction. Given how Bradshaw played when he was in, he was less than effective.

The NY media love to stir the pot, but Plaxico's constant flaunting of the rules never got him much favorable press or TC bad press.

Out of Exile
12-12-2011, 06:31 PM
WHAT?! Shouldn't we be mad Jacobs wasn't running over people in the fourth and instead we had Bradshaw doing a whole lot of nothing?

TheEnigma
12-12-2011, 06:37 PM

<font color="#0000FF">Coughlin did dodge a possible media bullet with this situation since we got the win but you know that if we lost instead in this close game, there would be an article or two about Coughlin and criticizing the move.It would of been similar to when Reid </font>sat DJAX on the bench and they lost.

I'm not so sure any such articles would have gained much traction.* Given how Bradshaw played when he was in, he was less than effective.

The NY media love to stir the pot, but Plaxico's constant flaunting of the rules never got him much favorable press or TC bad press.
It would of gained traction for the irrational crowd and that happens to be the majority of folks. It was stupid when the articles popped up for Reid and DJAX but it occurred regardless.

The article probably would of went in a "Is he losing his touch?" kind of direction instead of focusing on the antics of Bradshaw.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 06:40 PM
WHAT?! Shouldn't we be mad Jacobs wasn't running over people in the fourth and instead we had Bradshaw doing a whole lot of nothing?

Mad, no, question, yes. Ahmad is a spark on offense but yesterday he wasn't as effective as BJ, that's why we have a two back system, in part. BJ, with this new OLine alignment seems to have returned to form. Let's hop that continues so he and Bradshaw can rock their worlds for the next three weeks.

Spizi
12-12-2011, 06:40 PM

Coughlin selfishly was willing to punish the team, the organization, and millions of Giants fans to satisfy his principles......was not a fine more in order???* Thats what Lombardi did to Max McGee before the 1st Super Bowl for the same infraction.....Lombardi said the next time it would be $10,000 and if McGee had something to do that was worth $10,000 (a lot of money 1n 1961) to bring Lombardi with him LOL

It's all about principles and you have to follow them no matter what. My senior year of high school my coach said that an unexcused skipping of practice would get you kicked off the team. One of our better players thought he could skip and get away with it and the coach kicked him off. Bradshaw should know the rules by now.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 06:41 PM

I'm not so sure any such articles would have gained much traction. Given how Bradshaw played when he was in, he was less than effective.

It would of gained traction for the irrational crowd and that happens to be the majority of folks. It was stupid when the articles popped up for Reid and DJAX but it occurred regardless.

The article probably would of went in a "Is he losing his touch?" kind of direction instead of focusing on the antics of Bradshaw.

LOL TOUCHE! The irrational crowd, well played.

Out of Exile
12-12-2011, 06:42 PM

Mad, no, question, yes.* Ahmad is a spark on offense but yesterday he wasn't as effective as BJ, that's why we have a two back system, in part.* BJ, with this new OLine alignment seems to have returned to form.* Let's hop that continues so he and Bradshaw can rock their worlds for the next three weeks.

Sorry bro, but I was mad.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 06:46 PM

Mad, no, question, yes. Ahmad is a spark on offense but yesterday he wasn't as effective as BJ, that's why we have a two back system, in part. BJ, with this new OLine alignment seems to have returned to form. Let's hop that continues so he and Bradshaw can rock their worlds for the next three weeks.

Sorry bro, but I was mad.

I was wondering the same thing, but RBs need time to get in synch and by the time Bradshaw was not getting it done, we were playing catch up with Air Eli.

BJ had a very good outing and I think he will continue that into the playoffs.

Gianthunter
12-12-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm upset it took jack this long to start this thread.[:D]

fansince69
12-12-2011, 07:25 PM
No. This is what good coaches do. Parcells would have done the same thing. Reid does the same thing. Belichick has benched Welker.

This isn't the first time Coughlin has made this tough choice.He benched Plax for a half I believe against San Diego because of Missing a meeting (I think)....You would think they all would know the rules and the consequences(especially the ones that were on that team with Plax.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm upset it took jack this long to start this thread.[:D]

LMAO

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 07:29 PM

This isn't the first time Coughlin has made this tough choice.He benched Plax for a half I believe against San Diego because of Missing a meeting (I think)....You would think they all would know the rules and the consequences(especially the ones that were on that team with Plax.

Plax was benched twice, both for the 1st quarter

daynemustgo
12-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Jakk strikes again.</P>

*</P>

only a matter of time before they get rid of your thread making capabilities again. Yes, everyone, AGAIN.</P>

Jakk..I should have known.

BParcells777
12-12-2011, 09:05 PM

LOL So your implying the man whose NAME IS ON THE TROPHY was not a GOOD COACH- Vince Lombardi???????? Vince was a Wuss for fining Max McGee......who'd have thunk that?

Good Lord!!!

Bradshaw is electric inside the 10........Jacobs cannot run into a packed D.....and is useless on the flair pass or pitch out.......too slow to get underway.

We gave up a possible 8 points ...settled for 2 FGs over two TDs ..........nearly lost the game, and you think its fine OK OK.....you are all men of principle.

I guess your happy with Fewells half hearted attempt at the Blitz too...we are so dynamic and principled people will start confusing us with Tim Tebow

Give me a break!!!!!!!

Gianthunter
12-12-2011, 09:11 PM

LOL So your implying the man whose NAME IS ON THE TROPHY was not a GOOD COACH- Vince Lombardi???????? Vince was a Wuss for fining Max McGee......who'd have thunk that?

Good Lord!!!

Bradshaw is electric inside the 10........Jacobs cannot run into a packed D.....and is useless on the flair pass or pitch out.......too slow to get underway.

We gave up a possible 8 points ...settled for 2 FGs over two TDs ..........nearly lost the game, and you think its fine OK OK.....you are all men of principle.

I guess your happy with Fewells half hearted attempt at the Blitz too...we are so dynamic and principled people will start confusing us with Tim Tebow

Give me a break!!!!!!!
Somebody please translate. Ihave never been good at jacks whacks.

BParcells777
12-12-2011, 09:12 PM

Jack, first, you asked a loaded question and now you are unhappy with the answers. Second, we do not need name calling to prove points. State your case, which you are very capable of doing. But when you ask the question and most responses are in disagreement, try examining your original position instead of overreacting.

I did not mean that literally......some did agree.....it all turned out fine but we cannot go on playing with fire

My favorite Napoleon quote- " If you have a Cannon- USE IT!!!!"........now Napoleon was a man of limited principle but conquered half the world.....I just want a Giants football dynasty.....is that too much to ask?

If this had blown up in Tom's face there would be calls on here for a Public Inquisition......when we were down 12 with 5 minutes to go there were about 42 post topics on here waving Ol Tom goodbye...it does not have to be this way.....he can show a smidgen of flexibility once in a while....

Ok- here is another loaded question......if our QB was Kyle Orton, and we started out 1-4 would Tom have brought in Tim Tebow and changed his whole offense to suit him?.......there is a reason we are not rulers of the NFL and its not all injuries and poor players/execution

Gianthunter
12-12-2011, 09:20 PM

I did not mean that literally......some did agree.....it all turned out fine but we cannot go on playing with fire

My favorite Napoleon quote- " If you have a Cannon- USE IT!!!!"........now Napoleon was a man of limited principle but conquered half the world.....I just want a Giants football dynasty.....is that too much to ask?

If this had blown up in Tom's face there would be calls on here for a Public Inquisition......when we were down 12 with 5 minutes to go there were about 42 post topics on here waving Ol Tom goodbye...it does not have to be this way.....he can show a smidgen of flexibility once in a while....

Ok- here is another loaded question......if our QB was Kyle Orton, and we started out 1-4 would Tom have brought in Tim Tebow and changed his whole offense to suit him?.......there is a reason we are not rulers of the NFL and its not all injuries and poor players/execution
Napoleon was the same kind of martinet you describe Coughlin to be. Really jack do proof read and think.

BParcells777
12-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Maybe Coughlin sensed Jacobs was fired up to have a big game.....who knew?

Its history...........on to The Skins who are playing really well again

DragonSoul
12-13-2011, 03:15 AM
People really need to have character, ethics and be held accountable.

The only way I would say TC made a mistake is if it was ABs 1st offense. But if TC did not let anyone else slide on a 1st offense then he couldn't let AB slide. Speaking of which I don't believe this was ABs 1st offense either.

No 1 player should be above the Team, unless it was a 1st time offense if the allow it 4 others or there was some sort of emergency or unforeseen complication.

stormblue
12-13-2011, 06:16 AM
@ BP777

Well.

THIS post really goes a long way to enhance your credibility. First you agree with the OP (your right to sound ignorant, as an American citizen), and then your comments take you down hill from there.

i merely gave my oppinion , which does happen to agree with OP. i see nothing wrong with that.....no more than i see anything wrong with those of you who take the the opposite point of view and are in love with TC and his " on time is 5 minutes late " militaristic regime.

but what sir ( may i ask ) gives you the right to
call me "ignorant" just because our oppinions differ.

you are just like TC , and
you make my point for me.

RagTime Blue
12-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Bradshaw's not good for a whole game these days anyway. It was the perfect time for Coughlin to show "principles".

stormblue
12-13-2011, 06:55 AM
from ; TrueBlue2180:

Total Defense Rankings:

So, 5 of 8 seasons the defense has been in the top half of the league, and 3 of 8 seasons the defense has been in the top 10 in the league. In 2003, the year before he got there, the defense was ranked 22nd in total defense.

@ TrueBlue2180:

you sir , are obviously one of those mis-guided individuals who thinks that total yards allowed is some kind of relevant stat when it comes to ranking a defense.
well its not. nor is yards per play.

the only stat that matters is scoreboard, period , end of story.

in the 2007 regular season the giants gave up 351 points, 17th in the league (which qualifies for bottom half) and 4 points more than the league average of 347.

yardage allowed totals are misleading.
for instance when a team only drives 40 or 50 yards to score on us instead of seventy or eighty, yes we only gave up 50 yards, but the scoreboard still says 7....the only stat that matters.
my point is we can't ever get off the field , and its been like this for a long time and you know it.

when you make your "real" NFL short term investment decisions with your "real" money , you consider the average points scored and allowed between the 2 teams, not the yardage
this is the NFL , not your fantasy league.

please note the 17th ranking in "07 here.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2007/opp.htm

jints1964
12-13-2011, 06:59 AM
UNBELIEVABLE, because we win the game and get all sorts of wonderful press coverage, now TC did the right thing! Fine the guy. We wanted AB back and he's an inspiration to the team when he's playing and he does give 110% when he's in pain not like team captain Tuck. His team mates call him the bulldog. He's not a prima donna and you don't here him mouthing off. The first field goal would have been a TD if AB was in there. A pump fake again to the corner and AB's speed and moves would have sent him around end. He looks harder to tackle than Jacobs Wow, if we lost, many would have wanted TC benched. We complain about less important matters but now we defend TC's rigid discipline in a must win game. COME ON. Oh I forgot Jacobs had a "break through" game. Yeah those end zone TDs is what he's supposed to do best. I didn't notice did he have 148 or was it 158 yards rushing.

mfraykor
12-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Why blame coughlin? AB knew the rules and broke them. Be mad at him for being selfish and not putting the team first.

This^^^^ ... exactly, looking at all these other teams with their lack of integrity and control... I give TC props for having the balls to do it.....

Captain Chaos
12-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Maybe! we won and Jacobs had a great game.

yoeddy
12-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Oh I forgot Jacobs had a "break through" game. Yeah those end zone TDs is what he's supposed to do best. I didn't notice did he have 148 or was it 158 yards rushing.

Had Jacobs gotten the 8 carries that Bradshaw got, BJ would have had 143 yards...

RoanokeFan
12-13-2011, 07:52 AM

Good Lord!!!

<font color="#0000FF">Bradshaw is electric inside the 10..</font>......Jacobs cannot run into a packed D.....and is useless on the flair pass or pitch out.......too slow to get underway.

Give me a break!!!!!!!

Jakk, Bradshaw was on battery power last Sunday. Jacobs ran well last Sunday. Jacobs retooled his contract for Bradshaw so I'm pretty sure BJ didn't lobby for Bradshaw to sit so BJ could get his touches.

Holding Bradshaw out didn't give up any points. CUDDA, SHUDDA, WUDDA aren't recordab;e stats in the NFL. The offense won the game. This coming Sunday they will again with Bradshaw safely tucked into his bed the night before and running hard in the game.

Stop letting your hatred for TC make you lose your focus.

There are such things as honor and principle and they do matter.

Bradshaw apologized to the team which was appropriate. He let his teammates down.

That's over and done with. On to the Redskins and more of your scintillating musings.

WORLDCHAMPS
12-13-2011, 08:01 AM

In my opinion, it was a good thing. not only do we have to realize that rules like curfews are set so we are not reading the morning headlines stating "Bradshaw involved in night club shooting" etc etc....he broke the rules...SIT EM. plus It seems Jacobs took advantage and showed he still has what it takes to be a monster of a RB. Watching him run with that old swagger really got me pumped up. Our organization is a classy one, and when you make it about principals and not just the almighty dollar, players will respect it more...just my opinion. Three games left....lets win out!!!!!

stormblue
12-13-2011, 08:10 AM

Parcells never benched LT for being late, or
missing meetings or snorting lines.

he never benched Simms for insubordination for all their sideline confrontations.

he benched people for poor play, not
their night life.

he knew what and who to overlook.

and if you have seen any interviews with Parcells you should already know that he openly admits treating players both "differently" and "special" ; according to their talent and necessity for the teams success , and personal feelings toward the player.

he did not stand on principles , he stood
for how to win the game today.

SweetZombieJesus
12-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Coughlin selfishly was willing to punish the team, the organization, and millions of Giants fans to satisfy his principles......

Important lesson to the players: You live and die AS A TEAM. Doing something foolish not only hurts you, it hurts the entire team.

You'd think they would have learned that lesson after Plaxico.

Having said that, I'm OK with keeping him out for a quarter.

GMENAGAIN
12-13-2011, 08:15 AM

</P>

BJ was much better than Bradshaw last night.* Kid played great.* Bradshaw was rusty.</P>
. . . . or hungover

yoeddy
12-13-2011, 08:17 AM

he never benched Simms for insubordination for all their sideline confrontations.

their night life.

and if you have seen any interviews with Parcells you should already know that he openly admits treating players both "differently" and "special" ; according to their talent and necessity for the teams success , and personal feelings toward the player.

So when Parcells says of TC "We believe in the same things", what does that tell you?

RoanokeFan
12-13-2011, 08:22 AM

their night life.

That's a very sad commentary.

MattMeyerBud
12-13-2011, 09:17 AM

its a move that stretches beyond the moment. For the guy thats on the hot seat you have to respect him standing by team rules

if u should be mad at anybody it should eb bradshaw who selfishly punished the team, because he knew the rules and broke it.

Your argument would be something to think about if we lost, but we didn't so thats the end of that. Besides Jacobs had a beastly game so it didn't matter.

stormblue
12-13-2011, 09:26 AM
@ RoanokeFan

not sad at all... but true.
i loved the way he ran the show.

Morehead State
12-13-2011, 09:30 AM
not sad at all... but true.</P>

Nonsense.</P>

Without rules a team can't function. Without consequences for breaking rules, the rules are meaningless.</P>

TC did the only thing he could have done. For you to suggest otherwise defies any measure of logic.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-13-2011, 09:35 AM

so I don't get it, whats your stance before I respond?

That there should be no rules or that Coughlin should break them only for Bradshaw?

Or are you comparing Bradshaws talents to LT?

SweetZombieJesus
12-13-2011, 09:36 AM

Not so sure that it's even true. I'll have to watch it again but I'm pretty sure in the 1986 America's Game Parcells sat LT as punishment for violating team conduct policy and then as soon as they put him in the game changed.

stormblue
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM

their night life.

So when Parcells says of TC "We believe in the same things", what does that tell you?

that quote is philosophical , not tactical.
he could be referring to " mom , baseball,apple pie and chevrolet " for all i know.
or maybe there's a religious connotation .
or maybe they both believe in fighting for their country.
or maybe they are both republicans
or maybe TC has an elephant fetish or is also very superstitious .....
.i honestly don't know what he meant by that statement.

but i don't recall him benching anyone for anything other than poor play or injury.

i'm sure Parcell's would have disciplined
AB in some way or another... but i doubt he would have benched Morris or OJ or LT or Simms or Carson for a curfew violation.

and coaches always say good things about other coaches...they are fraternity....and TC is
one of theTuna's old assistant Giant coaches.

there is no way Parcells would publicly discredit him.

and "we believe in the same things "
is just a polite way of avoiding the tactical
question and answering philosophically and should be interpreted as "that's not how i would have done it"

C'mon guys ; we are talking Parcells here.
get your head out of the sand.

he was an inspirational manipulative genius... .....not a "martinet" discplinarian like TC

MattMeyerBud
12-13-2011, 10:11 AM

their night life.

he could be referring to " mom , baseball,apple pie and chevrolet " for all i know.

but i don't recall him benching anyone for anything other than poor play or injury.

AB in some way or another... but i doubt he would have benched Morris or OJ or LT or Simms or Carson for a curfew violation.

and coaches always say good things about other coaches...they are fraternity....and TC is

question and answering philosophically and should be interpreted as "that's not how i would have done it"

he was an inspirational manipulative genius... .....not a "martinet" discplinarian like TC

well i disagree.

Welcome to 2012 (close enough), this isn't 1986 anymore. He def benched people for those things during his run with the Cowboys and Jets. EVerybody adapts. It was a different time and things were more acceptable then.

See Quincy Carter

And Parcells benched Simms for a season due to their blowups

burier
12-13-2011, 10:27 AM

their night life.

well i disagree.

Welcome to 2012 (close enough), this isn't 1986 anymore.* He def benched people for those things during his run with the Cowboys and Jets. EVerybody adapts.* It was a different time and things were more acceptable then.

See Quincy Carter

Its called coaching. As fans we can only judge on the outcome. Since benching Bradshaw actually resulted in our best running performance all season from a scrimmage control perspective it appears Cough made the correct decision.

Had we lost...or even just struggled to run the ball maybe there would be a point to argue but we ran the ball...we won the game..

stormblue
12-13-2011, 10:44 AM
@ MattMeyerBud

i am saying that Parcells would have disciplined him in some way other than benching him.

with a fine , with a verbal dress-down , with
10 extra windsprints at the next practice,
10 hail mary's and an our father , whatever ; but he would not put the team or the game in jeopardy by benching one of his best players for a curfew.
with the whole season depending on this game ?

that's not discipline ; that's stupidity
real live jobs and big money at stake.

do you notice in college they bench players
all the time for their off-field violations....
but please take notice that they sit them for the cup-cake games and they are right back in there for the important conference games.
they even know better in college.

well our entire season was riding on that game. win or be eliminated from the playoffs

and you think a curfew violation was worth the risk ?

and no i'm not comparing AB to LT ;
i'm just sayin' the punishment should fit the crime and situation.
you arrest the pilot for forgetting to pay his parking ticket ...AFTER he lands the plane..
not in mid-air ......

to each their own , i guess , but i would not have benched him...and .neither would Parcells.....

stormblue
12-13-2011, 10:50 AM

Nonsense.</P>

Without rules a team can't function.* Without consequences for breaking rules, the rules are meaningless.</P>

TC did the only thing he could have done.* For you to suggest otherwise defies any measure of logic.</P>

i never said that TC should not have disciplined AB.
i said benching him in a must win game with the season on the line against Dallas was not the wisest way or time to do it.

rebelfan1966
12-13-2011, 10:56 AM
If we had lost... then I might be critical of sitting him the entire first half.... but we won.... so it does not matter.

MattMeyerBud
12-13-2011, 10:58 AM
@ MattMeyerBud

i am saying that Parcells would have disciplined him in some way other than benching him.

10 hail mary's and an our father , whatever ; but he would not put the team or the game in jeopardy by benching one of his best players for a curfew.

but please take notice that they sit them for the cup-cake games and they are right back in there for the important conference games.

well our entire season was riding on that game. win or be eliminated from the playoffs

you arrest the pilot for forgetting to pay his parking ticket ...AFTER he lands the plane..
not in mid-air ......

to each their own , i guess , but i would not have benched him...and .neither would Parcells.....

all im saying is that i happens all over the league. Its the way things are now. Eagles did it do DJax 2 weeks ago with their season on the line as well

Personally I think he only was getting benched for the first quarter but Jacobs was tearing it up that there was no need to make a change.

Its a different time today and even with Parcells coaching the cowboys he changed how he did things. If he can adapt to the realization that we live in a different world, you should too.

I agree if this wa 1986 and Parcells was coach it would not of gone down that way. But if Parcells was caoch in 2011, I bet he would of had some type of benching. Quite frankly its all kept in house and we have no clue what he was really benched for. If it was something worse than a curfew violation, why would they announce it to everybody

stormblue
12-13-2011, 11:20 AM

their night life.

well i disagree.

Welcome to 2012 (close enough), this isn't 1986 anymore.* He def benched people for those things during his run with the Cowboys and Jets. EVerybody adapts.* It was a different time and things were more acceptable then.

See Quincy Carter

and none of the above was about a mere curfew violation.

but i guess you are right times have changed
......albeit for the worst.

maybe i should just change my avatar or signature to " TC hater"

that way i could just hit "post" to voice my opinion.

cuz that's how all you TC lovers read it anyway

bearbryant
12-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Way above my pay grade but during the game I was furious. I would have found a more win- win solution for the opportunity that AB gave me as a HC.Thats the difference in new creative views and old fashioned protocol and procedure.</P>

TC and his boy Kildrive are so in tune with " How it must be done" that sometimes they miss many opportunities in front of them. I watch it every Sunday during Giant games</P>

Morehead State
12-13-2011, 11:24 AM

Nonsense.</P>

Without rules a team can't function. Without consequences for breaking rules, the rules are meaningless.</P>

TC did the only thing he could have done. For you to suggest otherwise defies any measure of logic.</P>

i never said that TC should not have disciplined AB. i said benching him in a must win game with the season on the line against Dallas was not the wisest way or time to do it.</P>

Players make too much nowadays. Fines don't have any effect on them. The only motivation comes from taking away playing time.</P>

Its the reality of the new NFL. Fear of hurting the team and your teammates is far more powerful than a few thousand dollars for these guys.</P>

Gianthunter
12-13-2011, 11:27 AM
In todays world it would besafe to assume"curfew violation" means "out clubbin at afterhours".

RoanokeFan
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
In todays world it would besafe to assume"curfew violation" means "out clubbin at afterhours".

+1 I'm pretty sure he wasn't late getting back from Dominos Take Out.

MattMeyerBud
12-13-2011, 11:30 AM

their night life.

well i disagree.

Welcome to 2012 (close enough), this isn't 1986 anymore. He def benched people for those things during his run with the Cowboys and Jets. EVerybody adapts. It was a different time and things were more acceptable then.

See Quincy Carter

and none of the above was about a mere curfew violation.

but i guess you are right times have changed
......albeit for the worst.

maybe i should just change my avatar or signature to " TC hater"

that way i could just hit "post" to voice my opinion.

cuz that's how all you TC lovers read it anyway

im a TC lover? lol

okay - whatever helps you feel better about your point

Gianthunter
12-13-2011, 11:32 AM

+1 I'm pretty sure he wasn't late getting back from Dominos Take Out.
His history doesn't help his case either.

GameTime
12-13-2011, 11:36 AM

</P>

not upset one bit. The are rules for a reason. You break them you pay. Bradshaw is NOT the reason they settle for FGs instead of FGs. Jacobs ran for 101 yards abd Bradsahw ran for like 30. Whats your beef?? TC is a man of principle. he runs his team as such. He did the right thing..</P>

</P>

GameTime
12-13-2011, 11:38 AM

</P>

not upset one bit. The are rules for a reason. You break them you pay. Bradshaw is NOT the reason they settle for FGs instead of FGs. Jacobs ran for 101 yards abd Bradsahw ran for like 30. Whats your beef?? TC is a man of principle. he runs his team as such. He did the right thing..</P>

</P>

</P>

Besides .....the running game sucks with or without Bradshaw this season.
The real question is...What if Eli broke the curfew. What would TC have done then??</P>

</P>

Weygand
12-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Yes.

Mod_N
12-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Yes.

haha, Coughlin is really a man of character. Season on the line, he says "rules are rules". I love it.

Mod_N
Yes.

haha, Coughlin is really a man of character. Season on the line, he says "rules are rules". I love it.

plc
Remenber last year when edwards of the jesters was benched for what was it one series by the great one rexy and this year mc clain of the raiders no benching at all.Did the Jesters win the SB?The raiders are in freefall.TC is a real coach who risked his job for the right principle.It is men like TC who win SB's not the wimps.</P>

BigBlue1971
12-13-2011, 11:49 AM

</P>

</P>

TC is responsible for those decisions and i as a fan go along with them cuz i trust him as the head coach. he has rules and apparently he sticks to them.</P>

Bradshaw is the real blamefor putting the team in those situations! </P>

as another poster alluded, it would be a different story if we lost!</P>

stormblue
12-13-2011, 11:54 AM
@ MattMeyerBud

not in mid-air ......

all im saying is that i happens all over the league. Its the way things are now. Eagles did it do DJax 2 weeks ago with their season on the line as well

Personally I think he only was getting benched for the first quarter but Jacobs was tearing it up that there was no need to make a change.

Its a different time today and even with Parcells coaching the cowboys he changed how he did things. If he can adapt to the realization that we live in a different world, you should too.*

I agree if this wa 1986 and Parcells was coach it would not of gone down that way. But if Parcells was caoch in 2011, I bet he would of had some type of benching. Quite frankly its all kept in house and we have no clue what he was really benched for. If it was something worse than a curfew violation, why would they announce it to everybody

yeah...point taken.i'm an old coot born in the fifties and in need of updating . hell..maybe a total OS re-install.
and you never get the real truth until 2 weeks later and it doesn't matter.

and i admit that my disdain for TC's coaching
can sometimes cloud my vision.

TrueBlue2180
12-13-2011, 12:01 PM
from ; TrueBlue2180:

Total Defense Rankings:

@ TrueBlue2180:

you sir , are obviously one of those mis-guided individuals who thinks that total yards allowed is some kind of relevant stat when it comes to ranking a defense.

in the 2007 regular season the giants gave up 351 points, 17th in the league (which qualifies for bottom half) and 4 points more than the league average of 347.

for instance when a team only drives 40 or 50 yards to score on us instead of seventy or eighty, yes we only gave up 50 yards, but the scoreboard still says 7....the only stat that matters.
my point is we can't ever get off the field , and its been like this for a long time and you know it.

when you make your "real" NFL short term investment decisions with your "real" money , you consider the average points scored and allowed between the 2 teams, not the yardage

First, you're the one who said we ranked in the bottom half of "defense" every year. Obviously, points allowed is a HUGE factor, but when someone says total defense, I don't narrow it down to a single stat (it wasn't narrowed down to just yardage, the consistently ranked in the top half of the league against the run and the pass in those years).

Also, in the 07 season (Spag's first year implementing his defense), they gave up 45 and 35 points in the first two games respectively (as we all remember). After that they gave up: 17, 3, 24, 10, 15, 10, 20, 10, 41***, 16, 13, 10, 21, and 35.

This comes out to an average of 17.5 points per game, which is excellent. Also, included that 41 point game in the average, but I asterisked that game because it is a game in which Eli gave up three pick sixes. Taken into account, after those first two games (again, Spags first two games implementing his system), they gave up an average of 16 points per game.

My point is, that 07 defense was a good defense.

stormblue
12-13-2011, 12:12 PM
from ; MattMeyerBud

im a TC lover? lol

okay - whatever helps you feel better about your
point

@ MattMeyerBud
ha-ha , wrong of me to accuse you of being
"all in" for TC ....you never said that ; i guess i just presumed it.
just because you agree with him on this particular issue doesn't mean you have his back on everything,
and that was a low way of trying to make a point.
my bad... and my apologies..

but i'm still a "loud-n-proud" TC hater...100%

Weygand
12-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Yes.

Exactly. Coaches provide rules and expectations that the rules will be adhered to. When they aren't there has to be repercussions.

/of course it's much easier to do it when Jacobs looks like he's a JuCo player taking on a JV team.

stormblue
12-13-2011, 12:32 PM
from ; TrueBlue2180:

Total Defense Rankings:

@ TrueBlue2180:

First, you're the one who said we ranked in the bottom half of "defense" every year.* Obviously, points allowed is a HUGE factor, but when someone says total defense, I don't narrow it down to a single stat (it wasn't narrowed down to just yardage, the consistently ranked in the top half of the league against the run and the pass in those years).*

Also, in the 07 season (Spag's first year implementing his defense), they gave up 45 and 35 points in the first two games respectively (as we all remember).* After that they gave up: 17, 3, 24, 10, 15, 10, 20, 10, 41***, 16, 13, 10, 21, and 35.*

This comes out to an average of 17.5 points per game, which is excellent.* Also, included that 41 point game in the average, but I asterisked that game because it is a game in which Eli gave up three pick sixes.* Taken into account, after those first two games (again, Spags first two games implementing his system), they gave up an average of 16 points per game.

351 points divided by 16 games is 21.9

the bucs were a joke in the wild card game.

and both Romo and Farve pushed us up and down the field until they finally choked out.
which is nothing to brag about defensively
cuz that 's what those two guys are famous for

now i'll give you the superbowl....they played lights out .

we have had a good defensive line with a good pass rush at times and thats what saved our skin then....and still does sometimes.
but the back seven have sucked for so long
that its pathetic.

ok 'm just rambling in no definate direction.....starting to sound stupider than i really am .....better go now...

MattMeyerBud
12-13-2011, 12:36 PM
from ; MattMeyerBud

im a TC lover? lol

okay - whatever helps you feel better about your
point

@ MattMeyerBud
ha-ha , wrong of me to accuse you of being
"all in" for TC ....you never said that ; i guess i just presumed it.
just because you agree with him on this particular issue doesn't mean you have his back on everything,
and that was a low way of trying to make a point.
my bad... and my apologies..

but i'm still a "loud-n-proud" TC hater...100%

haha its cool

I def think Coughlin's time is up even though I like him. I think if we miss the playoffs this year we can't keep him and we'll have to move on.

Mod_N
12-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Yes.

Exactly. Coaches provide rules and expectations that the rules will be adhered to. When they aren't there has to be repercussions.

/of course it's much easier to do it when Jacobs looks like he's a JuCo player taking on a JV team.I really thought Bradshaw was going to be out the first drive... then I'm like "well maybe just the 1st quarter"... and it kept going. Imagine if Eli missed curfew? hahah thank God.

MattMeyerBud
12-13-2011, 12:38 PM
from ; TrueBlue2180:

Total Defense Rankings:

@ TrueBlue2180:

First, you're the one who said we ranked in the bottom half of "defense" every year. Obviously, points allowed is a HUGE factor, but when someone says total defense, I don't narrow it down to a single stat (it wasn't narrowed down to just yardage, the consistently ranked in the top half of the league against the run and the pass in those years).

Also, in the 07 season (Spag's first year implementing his defense), they gave up 45 and 35 points in the first two games respectively (as we all remember). After that they gave up: 17, 3, 24, 10, 15, 10, 20, 10, 41***, 16, 13, 10, 21, and 35.

This comes out to an average of 17.5 points per game, which is excellent. Also, included that 41 point game in the average, but I asterisked that game because it is a game in which Eli gave up three pick sixes. Taken into account, after those first two games (again, Spags first two games implementing his system), they gave up an average of 16 points per game.

and both Romo and Farve pushed us up and down the field until they finally choked out.

we have had a good defensive line with a good pass rush at times and thats what saved our skin then....and still does sometimes.
that its pathetic.

ok 'm just rambling in no definate direction.....starting to stupider than i really am .....better go now...

can't agree with you there

The Cowboys were held to 17 points and had just over 300 yards. CAn't really say they pushed us all over the field. Packers scored 20 but only had 250 yards

and ur also forgetting that the top 3 offenses in the NFL that year were the Pats, Packers, and Cowboys

your not giving that defensive performance enough credit

its like saying we held the PAts, Packers, and Saints to 17, 17, and 20 this year. That would be pretty damn impressive

Weygand
12-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Imagine if Eli missed curfew? hahah thank God.

He's out with Burress and Dante Stallworth and L.T.

Mod_N
12-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Imagine if Eli missed curfew? hahah thank God.

He's out with Burress and Dante Stallworth and L.T.hahah Yeah, designed driver / gun case. "Hey Lawrence, and I think you're a great guy, but I really think that should be your last line."

TrueBlue2180
12-13-2011, 12:43 PM
from ; TrueBlue2180:

Total Defense Rankings:

@ TrueBlue2180:

that its pathetic.

ok 'm just rambling in no definate direction.....starting to sound stupider than i really am .....better go now...

Right, it is 21.9, but I was saying that if you take out the first two
games of the season, Spags first two games, the defense gave up 16
points per game the rest of the way, which is good. That was a good
defense from week 3 on (245 divided by 14 games is 17.5 - adjusted for Eli's pick sixes in the Vikings game - i.e. defensive points given up - they gave up 16 ppg from week 3 on). Yes, I know, you can say I'm just manipulating the status to fit my argument, but I would disagree, because all I'm trying to say is that was a good defense throughout that year.

Anyway, I agree that as is, the
defense is atrocious. I attribute a lot of that to injuries, but we
have FOUR first rounder in the secondary (Ross, Prince, KP and Rolle)
and a second rounder in Webster. These guys need to step up and they're
not getting the job done.

bigblue5611
12-13-2011, 12:45 PM

eh...a benching is more public, and, given that we all know there is one and only one reason why a well-paid 25 year old professional athlete would miss a curfew on a road trip, i'm sure ahmad had an interesting chat back home on his celly on the bus heading to the airport...;)...."you told me you waz in your room, why you out so late? ..." lol...TC knows what he's doin..

BParcells777
12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Cruz was asked point blank if Tom ever smiled on ESPN Radio this morning.......and Cruz likes Coach Coughlin but the answer was a decidedly No........Coughlin does smile but its very rare.....

Maybe we need to win another Ice bowl and Lombardi to put a smile on the ol Goats face LOL.....to be totally honest he's not much older than me, but we are definitely cut from a different Irish cloth. :O)

stormblue
12-13-2011, 12:55 PM
@ MattMeyerBud

man , you are totally screwing up my
fictitious wonderland with all these true and documented facts.

knock it off before i gotta send Guido over there
for a little visit .

bigblue5611
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Cruz was asked point blank if Tom ever smiled on ESPN Radio this morning.......and Cruz likes Coach Coughlin but the answer was a decidedly No........Coughlin does smile but its very rare.....

Maybe we need to win another Ice bowl and Lombardi to put a smile on the ol Goats face LOL.....to be totally honest he's not much older than me, but we are definitely cut from a different Irish cloth. :O)

my wife & i were in albany for camp one evening in '06 and we were standing by the rope path watchin everyone come down for practice...TC comes down, and this lady goes, "c'mon coach, smile"...and he gives the lady this cheesy, forced smile, it was hysterical...

BParcells777
12-13-2011, 01:01 PM
That's a hillarious story....thanks for sharing

I was up in Pleasantville before the 85 season on the last day of camp

Parcells was all smiles and shock my hand and we talked for a few minutes
Phil Simms threw me a few passes

There was just a handfull of people there as everyone had hit the highway......Harry was grumpy, not a big smiler, and Phil McConkey was downright nasty when he found my buddy lifting in the outdoor tent HAHAHA!!!! small but feisty

MattMeyerBud
12-13-2011, 01:04 PM
@ MattMeyerBud

man , you are totally screwing up my
fictitious wonderland with all these true and documented facts.

knock it off before i gotta send Guido over there
for a little visit .

[{]