PDA

View Full Version : Cuts

giantcarll
08-26-2012, 09:26 AM
I saw on NFL Network that the Eagles cut 10 players.Does anyone know if any cuts werer handed down on our team.

bELIeve_in_Giants
08-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Not yet. Have twitter up and ready for when it happens

tonyt830
08-26-2012, 09:32 AM
I saw on NFL Network that the Eagles cut 10 players.Does anyone know if any cuts werer handed down on our team.I havent seen anything yet per the Giants site or nfl.com

Maybe the mods can make this a sticky. Then when the first 15 cuts come in, we can have 1 thread on it.

By the way, teams have to be down to 75 by 4pm(EDT) tomorrow. Maybe we will hear something later today?

ibbill
08-26-2012, 09:33 AM
I saw on NFL Network that the Eagles cut 10 players.Does anyone know if any cuts werer handed down on our team.

http://www.nfl.com/transactions listed there lot of them.

tonyt830
08-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Not yet. Have twitter up and ready for when it happensyeah I guess our beat writers may have something sooner than say espn.com or nfl.com

I'm guessing the Giants have practice today. I wonder if Coughlin and the coaches will make their decisions before or after that practice. I can almost guarantee that no corners will be cut, considering the state our CB position is in.

I'm looking at players like Reinders, Talley, Goodin, Donnell or Purvis to be among the first cuts.

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 09:45 AM
There's a link in the daily news thread under NFL.COM that shows all the cuts starting yesterday.

Rat_bastich
08-26-2012, 09:46 AM
yeah I guess our beat writers may have something sooner than say espn.com or nfl.com

I'm guessing the Giants have practice today. I wonder if Coughlin and the coaches will make their decisions before or after that practice. I can almost guarantee that no corners will be cut, considering the state our CB position is in.

I'm looking at players like Reinders, Talley, Goodin, Donnell or Purvis to be among the first cuts.

Yep, usually the guys that were brought in for fodder with the very slim possibility of making it go in the first round of cuts. Guys that never saw the preseason field. The cuts coming Friday are going to be the really tough ones to make. This is probably the downside to coaching.

penguinfarmer
08-26-2012, 09:48 AM
If I see that Manning kid still has a locker on Monday, I will be highly upset.

BParcells777
08-26-2012, 09:48 AM
I'd like to see Hixon, and Carr cut.......Hixon as he is not a great receiver, and there are few opportunities to return KO anymore, plus he is injury prone.

Carr because he is just awful after he takes his 1st hit.........Replace them with Perrilloux and Kuhn

Rat_bastich
08-26-2012, 09:50 AM
If I see that Manning kid still has a locker on Monday, I will be highly upset.

Nah, it is a definite that he'll be gone.

Mod_C
08-26-2012, 09:52 AM
i'd like to see hixon, and carr cut.......hixon as he is not a great receiver, and there are few opportunities to return ko anymore, plus he is injury prone.

Carr because he is just awful after he takes his 1st hit.........replace them with perrilloux and kuhn

lol.............

Mod_C
08-26-2012, 09:53 AM
I havent seen anything yet per the Giants site or nfl.com

Maybe the mods can make this a sticky. Then when the first 15 cuts come in, we can have 1 thread on it.

By the way, teams have to be down to 75 by 4pm(EDT) tomorrow. Maybe we will hear something later today?

A LINK has been created and stuck in TAGF

BParcells777
08-26-2012, 09:57 AM
lol.............

you realize you are laughing at the great Bill Parcells here :O)

Hey everyone has an opinion and all these guys are bench warmers anyway..........except Kuhn- I see him inheriting the Tollefson role, bringing pressure up the middle not from the outside though

penguinfarmer
08-26-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm still debating whether BParcells777 was continuing with the facetiousness.

Mod_C
08-26-2012, 09:59 AM

Hey everyone has an opinion and all these guys are bench warmers anyway..........except Kuhn- I see him inheriting the Tollefson role, bringing pressure up the middle not from the outside though

I admire your tenacity, however flawed the thinking may be

Mod_C
08-26-2012, 10:00 AM

The way Parcells left us high and dry, I am not a big fan

tonyt830
08-26-2012, 12:03 PM
A LINK has been created and stuck in TAGFexcuse me, I must have missed it earlier. Thanks for the info though.

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 12:05 PM
excuse me, I must have missed it earlier. Thanks for the info though.

It was put there per your request.

tonyt830
08-26-2012, 12:07 PM
It was put there per your request.Oh I see. I thought maybe I overlooked it earlier, since I was only on my 1st cup of coffee--LOL!!! Thanks again Mods