PDA

View Full Version : NFL Transactions - August 2012 - GIANTS

Mod_C
08-26-2012, 10:50 AM
NFL.COM Transactions/GIANTS

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/transactions?transactionMonth=8&transactionYear=2012&transactionTeamAbbr=&prevTransactionMonth=0&prevTransactionYear=0&prevTransactionTeamAbbr=)

tonyt830
08-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Well I guess we will have to wait till tomorrow to see the first 15 cuts by the Giants. I don't know if has to do with some of the unknowns with the injuries of our players or not. But I thought that we would have heard some, if not all of, the 15 cuts by now.

I noticed that a lot of the other teams have gotten down to or close to the 75 man rosters as of today.

Bigbluefan77
08-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Giants scouting department will be working overtime to find some hidden gems in the Secondary and offensive line and at DT

titwio
08-27-2012, 01:22 AM
I heard Cliff Harris got cut today by the Eagles...I think I read some posters here were high on him earlier in the year...(I think it was slipnottin but not sure).

With the Giants corner injuries he's I guy I wouldn't mind the Giants taking a look at.
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-talk/Eagles-release-cornerback-Cliff-Harris?blockID=763173&feedID=704

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 02:32 AM
I think carr will get cut he played like vick last time he couldnt throw the ball I think we will trade for andrew luck that isray guy is moron all we need to do is all follow him on twitter and be super nice and he will give us luck for 7th round pick because we are the gmen best ever go gmen.

RoanokeFan
08-27-2012, 07:22 AM
We always wait until the deadline is approaching. A sign we have players we don't want to lose coming up

RoanokeFan
08-27-2012, 07:23 AM
I think carr will get cut he played like vick last time he couldnt throw the ball I think we will trade for andrew luck that isray guy is moron all we need to do is all follow him on twitter and be super nice and he will give us luck for 7th round pick because we are the gmen best ever go gmen.

No likely since they re-signed him. Let's see how he plays Wednesday

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Laron Scott ‏@laron_scott_34
First cuts are over and god has bless me to still be here. #Blessed

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
It looks like Joe Martinek has a new Twitter avi of him from HS and not as a NYG. #thingsthatmakeyougohmmm

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 11:11 AM
No likely since they re-signed him. Let's see how he plays Wednesday
That is ridiculous he played like a brett farve he was just slinging it everywhere 2 ints in a row very bad not as composed as eli we need composed qbs.

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Julian Talley ‏@Showtime1NJ
Not the ending, Just a new beginning

TheAnalyst
08-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Losing Martinek sucks, but we just cant keep him when we have Hyno killing it.

titwio
08-27-2012, 02:44 PM
That is ridiculous he played like a brett farve he was just slinging it everywhere 2 ints in a row very bad not as composed as eli we need composed qbs.

He had a bad game...but he's played well in other games. He's a veteran backup who's well familiar with the system. I really don't think Ryan Perrilloux is the answer. Perrilloux had a couple of good passes this preseason but every other game I've seen him in he's been wildly inconsistent.

Carr at least has experience.

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 02:51 PM
we need to sign somebody both arent that good.

titwio
08-27-2012, 03:36 PM
we need to sign somebody both arent that good.

Who do you have in mind?

miked1958
08-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Hopkins, talley, Collins all expected as we are deep ar WR and TE. All the other Cuts were no Surprise except Joe M. I thought he had more upside then say Andre Brown. I know brown s RB and joe is RB/FB but I would have went with him. He seems like he could be an exciting player based off the short catch a run for the td last week... To bad we can't keep em all. I gotta think he gets a call from another GM soon. Think Hopkins could catch on somewhere as well

miked1958
08-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Who do you have in mind?Saints cut Luke McCown, but I don't think he is to much better then what we have

Also Bills released Vince Young today..... Went from the Dream Team to the third team in NY to NO TEAM

anthony2012
08-28-2012, 09:28 PM
yes I think they should cut carr he is no good go out there and get other backup

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 12:14 AM
titwio andrew luck is who I have in mind I have good theory on how to get him if you wanna know go gmen

titwio
08-29-2012, 12:53 AM
titwio andrew luck is who I have in mind I have good theory on how to get him if you wanna know go gmen

Does it involve trading a seasoned former #1 overall 1st round QB for an inexperienced current #1 draft pick?

If so then yes, the Colts would definitely go for that... :p

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Does it involve trading a seasoned former #1 overall 1st round QB for an inexperienced current #1 draft pick?

If so then yes, the Colts would definitely go for that... :p
No no no no Eli is my man we would never trade him lol, no thank you.

Isray is big on twitter if we all follow him and beg him for luck to trade him to nyg for 7th round pick he will cave and give us him, it needs to be a collective movement though we need numbers!!

titwio
08-29-2012, 02:58 AM
No no no no Eli is my man we would never trade him lol, no thank you.

Isray is big on twitter if we all follow him and beg him for luck to trade him to nyg for 7th round pick he will cave and give us him, it needs to be a collective movement though we need numbers!!

I was referring to David Carr...lol ...Maybe the seasoned part was a bit too much.