PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if the team will look to bring in another CB who can start

JesseJames
08-26-2012, 10:58 AM
since the CB position is getting pretty thin I wonder if Reese will be looking at bringing in somebody who is good enough to start...

primetime
08-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Depending who is available when teams do the final cuts, you also have to factor that if the Giants sign a new cornerback he will have very short time to learn the playbook.
I liked what I saw from Coe last game, and he played well last season before he got hurt. Hosley has looked good this preseason and I assume he will be ready to go by week 1.

slipknottin
08-26-2012, 11:36 AM
There are no CBs out there that can start in FA. And its extremely unlikely any will get released either.

tonyt830
08-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Unless some team surprises by cutting 1 of their 2 starters, I think they may look at the waiver wire for CB depth, but you never know. It may be Coe as our #2 CB come week 1 if Thomas/Prince cant go.

ashleymarie
08-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know how long Prince will be out? All I've read has been speculation.

keyofgmen
08-26-2012, 01:00 PM
A trade with Jax to get Ross back?? They could use a WR.

penguinfarmer
08-26-2012, 01:23 PM
That's a kneejerk reaction that I don't see Reese reacting to, especially when Prince and Thomas are, as of now, not expected to miss the entire season. Any other roster position taken on now will only mean we have to lose another body we may need in the future. Why sacrifice that by trading for a new CB that has to be assimilated for only the beginning of the season?

seawolf47
08-26-2012, 01:30 PM
The team will take every opportunity to find and bring in whatever talent they need at any position in need. They will pour over the wire every day and invite in all available. That being said they will not find starting talent in that manner.

The potential for a trade is there of course, but unlikely based on how Reese acts.

derekunion28
08-26-2012, 03:06 PM
A trade with Jax to get Ross back?? They could use a WR. as much as that is funny a hell .... it makes you scratch your head saying wish we had him back atm

keyofgmen
08-26-2012, 03:35 PM
as much as that is funny a hell .... it makes you scratch your head saying wish we had him back atm

Exactly...it was meant tongue in cheek...

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 04:01 PM
i read in an article, i think it was eli on barden, that TC said if Prince misses a period of time, the guy to replace him has got to come from the team. so i dont think we'll bring in a FA corner to start, maybe for depth...

YATittle1962
08-26-2012, 04:15 PM
A trade with Jax to get Ross back?? They could use a WR.

Barden and Jernigan for Ross

where do I sign ?

:)

keyofgmen
08-26-2012, 04:30 PM

where do I sign ?

We could throw in Ware if they really pushed!

jomo
08-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know how long Prince will be out? All I've read has been speculation.What I have read today from good sources says that a moderate high ankle sprain is 3-6 weeks. I wouldn't count on anything with that injury.

I Bleed Blue
08-26-2012, 06:31 PM
since the CB position is getting pretty thin I wonder if Reese will be looking at bringing in somebody who is good enough to start...

No need to. I have faith in Michael Coe. I really believe he can hold his own. He showed promise last season before he went to IR.

Redeyejedi
08-26-2012, 08:54 PM
No need to. I have faith in Michael Coe. I really believe he can hold his own. He showed promise last season before he went to IR.He was in Brandon Marshalls pocket all night he played very well. Coe can play

embeshAtYa
08-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Use will hill. Keep Antrel where he is

Archer
08-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Cliff Harris got cut by the Eagles. I understand he is a major headcase off the field, but perhaps playing for an organization like the Giants could give him the stability he desperately needs. Talented kid, but not the brightest or most mature. Seems more like a Jets player than a Giants.

JesseJames
08-27-2012, 11:13 AM
What I have read today from good sources says that a moderate high ankle sprain is 3-6 weeks. I wouldn't count on anything with that injury.
I've seen guys lose a whole season with a high ankle sprain, they just seem to take forever to heal properly...

jomo
08-27-2012, 11:14 AM
I've seen guys lose a whole season with a high ankle sprain, they just seem to take forever to heal properly...Every position is tough with that injury but it would seem that CB especially so because of the torque with so much change of direction

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 11:17 AM
we dont need cbs we need dbs

fansince69
08-27-2012, 11:59 AM
we dont need cbs we need dbs

Isn't that kind of like saying we don't need a left fielder ....we need out fielders?

Giants5699
08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Isn't that kind of like saying we don't need a left fielder ....we need out fielders?

You would never put a left fielder at center field...

We should bring back Grant I think..

fansince69
08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
You would never put a left fielder at center field...

We should bring back Grant I think..

nm this went over your head

GMan-67
08-27-2012, 12:28 PM
we are always scanning the waiver wire ... we would more than likely be looking for a veteran ... is there a 2012 version of RW McQuarters out there ;)

the problem we have is that we have no guarantee that Thomas will make it back this year despite them talking about a 4 week deal

and Prince has now suffered his 2nd preseason injury along with having his play called into question and high ankle sprains can keep a guy out 10 weeks ... hopefully his is minor, but it's a weird injury and not surprising that they are saying they have no timetable right now

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 01:25 PM
the no time table yet is bc they were waiting on the swelling to go down. People are acting like Prince is missing 10 weeks or even the season possibly...lets see what grade sprain it is. My bet is 3 weeks and then he starts getting ready for the field...

i'll say by week 3 he'll be on the field.

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 01:26 PM
oh and btw, coughlin has said the person who steps up in princes absence has got to come from someone on the team now. Coe looked pretty impressive...

GameTime
08-27-2012, 01:30 PM
we'll see...It was said the PA sprain was moderate which initially it was considered mild. But you never know. Time will certainly tell.
Next man up. TC has also been adement about keeping Rolle in his natural postion and finding another consistent slot CB.

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 01:36 PM
CB's cover wide receivers only we need some hybrids some people who can play both safety and cb sorry for not giving details like rolle more players like rolle with fancy hair and good balling/coverage skills.

Cool Papa B.
08-27-2012, 02:48 PM

where do I sign ?

We could throw in Ware if they really pushed!

You would give up those two guys to get Ross?...Seriously?...

I mean, I like Ross, but....come on.

jintsrule
08-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Cliff Harris got cut by the Eagles. I understand he is a major headcase off the field, but perhaps playing for an organization like the Giants could give him the stability he desperately needs. Talented kid, but not the brightest or most mature. Seems more like a Jets player than a Giants.

I had the same thought when I read that Harris was cut by the Eagles. They said it's wasn't because of his play but they had too many talented corners.

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 02:59 PM
who is cliff harris and whats his deal> if he's got game i'd bet JR looks at him

G.I. Ants
08-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Justin Tryon used to start for the colts. I think this team is good with what they have.