PDA

View Full Version : 49/53 LOCKS...Pick the Final "4"

SackingMyths
08-26-2012, 12:38 PM
I know these roster predictions are always beaten to death. But I tried to figure it out by myself my head hurt. Gonna be tougher than ever this year. With CB, DT ravaged by injuries, and with guys who we can't put on PUP (T2, Prince, Austin etc.), can't IR, and can't put on the PS, we'll be carrying some dead weight until they come back. It's certain to affect the other positions and hopes of guys hoping to latch on at WR, RB.

Here are the virtual "locks" to make the squad (Bubble guys at the bottom of the page):

QB

1-Eli Manning
2-David Carr

RB/HB

3-Ahmad Bradshaw
4-David Wilson
5-DJ Ware
6-Henry Hynoski

WR

7-Hakeem Nicks
8-Victor Cruz
9-Rueben Randle
10-Domenik Hixon

TE

11-Martellus Bennett
12-Bear Pascoe
13-Adrien Robinson

OL

14-Will Beatty
15-Kevin Boothe
16-David Baas
17-Chris Snee
18-David Diehl
19-Sean Locklear
20-Mitch Petrus
21-James Brewer

DE

22-Jason Pierre-Paul
23-Justin Tuck
24-Osi Umenyiora
25-Adrian Tracy

DT

26-Chris Canty
27-Linval Joseph
28-Rocky Bernard
29-Marvin Austin

LB

30-Michael Boley
31-Chase Blackburn
32-Mathias Kiwanuka
33-Keith Rivers
34-Jacquain Williams
35-Mark Herzlich
36-Spencer Paysinger
37-Greg Jones

CB

38-Corey Webster
39-Terrell Thomas
40-Jayron Hosley
41-Prince Amukamara
42-Michael Coe
(***Rolle counts as a CB too to save a roster spot)

S

43-Kenny Phillips
44-Antrel Rolle
45-Tyler Sash
46-Will Hill
(Sash on PED suspension so we'll need extra safeties & Rolle plays some CB...again)

K

47-Steve Weatherford
48-Lawrence Tynes

LS
49-Zak DeOssie

***PUP - Travis Beckum

THE BUBBLE BOYS (PICK 4)

1-Da'rel Scott
2-Andre Brown
3-Ramses Barden
4-David Douglas
5-Jerrel Jernigan
6-Brandon Mosley
7-Matt McCants
8-Dwayne Hendricks
9-Shaun Rogers
10-Markus Kuhn
11-Justin Tryon
12-Bruce Johnson
13-Antwuan Molden
14-Stevie Brown

Who stays?

Who do we risk trying to sneak on the Practice Squad?

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Is Ojomo being overlooked or not being considered?

fansince69
08-26-2012, 12:46 PM
I am still trying to figure out if he has inside information or just his best guess that those are "locks" to make the team.........I saw Pepper Johnson get cut and he was a lock......There are no locks in this game

middlecountrygiantsfan
08-26-2012, 12:54 PM

Practice squad is what I am thinking.

middlecountrygiantsfan
08-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Kuhn, scott, johnson (by necessity at this point) and dare I say Barden (sigh).

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Practice squad is what I am thinking.

He'll never make it to the practice squad I'm afraid. On every opportunity he has made noticeable plays. Someone will have a need to fill.

SackingMyths
08-26-2012, 01:01 PM
The guys I listed as "locks" are ones I felt that either by draft status, extremely secure roles, or sheer necessity due to injuries and lack of depth are all but guaranteed to have their services retained. Feel free to point out any that you disagree with.

Strictly my opinion fellas...I'm just looking for yours.

SackingMyths
08-26-2012, 01:05 PM

I probably could've included him, but the "Bubble" list is condensed to guys I feel have a very legit shot at making it.

Ojomo has done enough for some consideration, but he's just not a "need position" on this team with 4 DEs ahead of him and Kiwi rotating in. He'll surely find another home fast and it'll be a testament to how we have the fiercest DE corps in the league.

BlueSanta
08-26-2012, 01:09 PM
How is T2 is a lock? His contract status and his knee make him a very big question mark. He could easily end up on the IR or even cut.

I do not think Hixon is a lock. Tho he is close.

Greg Jones is not a lock, neither is Herzlich to a lesser degree. 8 LBs is a lot to keep for a 4-3 team, perhaps by 2.

Tyler Sash is not a lock. There have been more than a few reports that Stevie Brown has outplayed him.

I do not agree that James Brewer is a lock either. If there is a better tackle released around the league I could easily see us dumping him.

Beckum will either be cut, or put on the IR.

G.I. Ants
08-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Adrien Tracy does have a hammy injury so don't sleep on the possibility of Ojomo. Kuhn will make the squad, he played like the whole game against the bears. My other 3 is Scott (I always had Brown over him but that blocked punt speaks in volumes), Barden & JJ12. I don't think they are going in with 8 linebackers, Greg Jones may get cut. TT is also not a lock so ad Tryon to make the team.

miked1958
08-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Marshall has also shown some talent this preseason. I think Douglas and barden make it over JJ a s Stanback. So, the 4 I would take off your list.. Scott, barden, Douglas and either Kuhn or Hendricks

BlueMetal 40
08-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Personally, i would think we lose one LB spot and go with 7 for the time being.
Then we have ...
Kuhn/Hendricks/Ojomo for one DT spot (Sash doesnt count for the first 4 games, maybe we keep 2 DT and see which works out best)
Scott/Brown for one RB spot
Tryon/Johnson (maybe we keep both, if/when TT is IR'D)
Barden/JJ
Tough choices, for sure. I would even like to keep another WR, but I think we need to have all hands on deck for the OL.

river555
08-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Not sure if it means anything but Broha was part of the DE rotation with the starters vs. the Bears during the first half. That makes me believe he is ahead of Ojomo and may even push Tracy is he doesnt heal up fast.

SackingMyths
08-26-2012, 01:29 PM
T2 seems to think, and is being told by our staff, that he's coming back VERY soon:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/08/perfect-timing-thomas-has-eyes-on-opening-night

It's a tough situation b/c they can't put him on PUP since he participated and practiced in training camp. So it's either hold his roster spot until he comes back, IR, or cut him.

That's why I listed him as a lock...out of our sheer desperation at CB.

SackingMyths
08-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Personally, i would think we lose one LB spot and go with 7 for the time being.
Then we have ...
Kuhn/Hendricks/Ojomo for one DT spot (Sash doesnt count for the first 4 games, maybe we keep 2 DT and see which works out best)
Scott/Brown for one RB spot
Tryon/Johnson (maybe we keep both, if/when TT is IR'D)
Barden/JJ
Tough choices, for sure. I would even like to keep another WR, but I think we need to have all hands on deck for the OL.

Greg Jones could be the odd man out. It'd be a shame b/c he was valuable on STs last year. But I could def agree with this. The Kuhn/Hendricks/Ojomo/Sash situation I agree with too. Hadn't thought of that.

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 02:20 PM
I probably could've included him, but the "Bubble" list is condensed to guys I feel have a very legit shot at making it.

Ojomo has done enough for some consideration, but he's just not a "need position" on this team with 4 DEs ahead of him and Kiwi rotating in. He'll surely find another home fast and it'll be a testament to how we have the fiercest DE corps in the league.

Except that at the moment we have three DE's nursing injuries; Tuck, JPP, and Tracy. Kiwanuka is finally comfortable at LB and would rpefer to stay there. As Reese says, you can never have enough pass rushers.

Boogie12
08-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Not sure if it means anything but Broha was part of the DE rotation with the starters vs. the Bears during the first half. That makes me believe he is ahead of Ojomo and may even push Tracy is he doesnt heal up fast.Agree, no one is talking about this kid. He's stout a good pass rusher and has shown some nice range. IMO he' ahead of Greg Jones and Ojomo. He flashed some nice pressure against the Bears first team o-line. I think he could develop into a real nice DE/LB.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Barden, Scott, Ojomo, Kuhn

Greg Jones is not a lock to make the team by any means.

I'm not a big fan of Sash myself but who knows.

Where is perrilloux?

Not sure what to do with Jernigan... you can't cut him but then again you can't cut Barden. Guy has too much talent and he's shown that this season.

Will Beatty is really starting to piss me off....

Really sucks that Canty is injured again this season...... we need him desperately
Austin is always injured too... what the hell....

rainierjef
08-26-2012, 02:35 PM
He'll never make it to the practice squad I'm afraid. On every opportunity he has made noticeable plays. Someone will have a need to fill.
after the game i have to agree he's hustling out there and separating himself from marshall competition wise. i think he's better suited for LDE what do you think?

rainierjef
08-26-2012, 02:38 PM
what are the IR rules again?

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 02:45 PM
after the game i have to agree he's hustling out there and separating himself from marshall competition wise. i think he's better suited for LDE what do you think?

My hope is that he could be depth on either side. I am really impressed that he doesn't seem overrun the play. The Tebow sack as an example. Tebow is pretty mobile and while I admit he was running for his life, he wasn't ab;e to elude Ojomo. Some players just have killer instincts and I'd like to see if Ojomo is one of them while he's still a Giant.