PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson's running style

HAMMERHEDD
08-26-2012, 01:22 PM
He runs very efficiently, it seems. He doesn't waste a lot of effort on trying to be "too elusive". He has quick, almost machine-like lateral movement and spends most of his time with his body squared-up to the grid-lines. He doesn't appear to be very fluid, but he still makes guys miss. He seems to be very strong; arm tackles won't get him down very often. Very good speed and balance. Not very pretty to watch, unless you deem that simply getting first downs and big gainers is, in and of itself, pretty. He appears to be a nice upgrade.

Does he remind you of anyone? I'm going with a cross between Tiki Barber and Herschel Walker.

juice33s
08-26-2012, 02:21 PM
He reminds me of Deangelo Williams. Both have a great combination of speed, power, elusiveness, balance and acceleration and break alot more tackles and finish runs stronger then you'd think they could relative to their smaller stature

jomo
08-26-2012, 02:27 PM
I like the way he makes one hard move then hits the jets. It maximizes his speed versus doing a jitter bug. He also has GREAT balance.

Carter.525
08-26-2012, 02:45 PM
He reminds me of Deangelo Williams. Both have a great combination of speed, power, elusiveness, balance and acceleration and break
alot more tackles and finish runs stronger then you'd think they could relative to their smaller stature

I agree with D Will.. been saying the same thing

HAMMERHEDD
08-26-2012, 04:23 PM
He reminds me of Deangelo Williams. Both have a great combination of speed, power, elusiveness, balance and acceleration and break alot more tackles and finish runs stronger then you'd think they could relative to their smaller stature
I see some similarities. Williams has more "swerve" than Wilson, though. They both accelerate well and finish with power. I like it.

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 04:29 PM
he has amazing center of balance. thats so huge bc when guys hit him, he can brace for impact, absorb it, all while keeping his balance. guy is amazing...

fansince69
08-26-2012, 04:29 PM

He reminds me of a young(with Cardinals) Otis Anderson....elusive but also able break tackles...and catches ball....he was a scary back

rcrane
08-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Im expecting big things this year from the kid, can't wait for him to sh1t on everyone.

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 04:33 PM
reminds me of gayle sayers in the open field. both run with the ball similarly. both are real fluid in their strides. and i believe both were track stars...

Captain Chaos
08-26-2012, 04:43 PM
I think we get rid of earth, wind and fire and add a couple of new names maybe flash and Bang!