PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NFL draft plan w/trade

JSpin
08-26-2012, 02:17 PM
The Giants need to do whatever they can to get the first pick in the 2014 draft.

Here's my plan:
-trade justin tuck and our entire 2014 draft to the browns for their 1st round pick in 2014 (should be the first overall lol)
-draft Jadeveon Clowney
- win the next 5 superbowls

check out his high school highlights. they're almost comical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc

JPP and Clowney wouldn't even be fair.

Redeyejedi
08-26-2012, 03:02 PM
The Giants need to do whatever they can to get the first pick in the 2014 draft.

Here's my plan:
-trade justin tuck and our entire 2014 draft to the browns for their 1st round pick in 2014 (should be the first overall lol)
-draft Jadeveon Clowney
- win the next 5 superbowls

check out his high school highlights. they're almost comical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc

JPP and Clowney wouldn't even be fair.Ive watched almost every SC game last year and Clowney appears to be an elie talent but Id like to see how he progresses this season before anointing him in the class of prospect like Suh,Calvin Johnson and Andrew Luck

JSpin
08-26-2012, 05:20 PM
yea I know what you mean I was obviously exaggerating a little bit but he looks like he's going to be amazing.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Lmao holly ****!!! I feel bad for the people that had to try and block him.

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 03:43 AM
He will certainly be highly sought after. I do think he will end up on a 3-4 team though. I could be wrong tho, so many teams running hybrid schemes now he could fit anywhere. .

JSpin
10-05-2012, 01:50 PM
He will certainly be highly sought after. I do think he will end up on a 3-4 team though. I could be wrong tho, so many teams running hybrid schemes now he could fit anywhere. .

Yea but at the end of the day it's all about getting impact football players. I mean look at Von Miller. He gets drafted by a 4-3 team when he's obviously best suites as a 3-4 edge rusher. It doesn't matter though because you put him on a football field and he will dominate regardless of scheme.

BlueSanta
10-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Yea but at the end of the day it's all about getting impact football players. I mean look at Von Miller. He gets drafted by a 4-3 team when he's obviously best suites as a 3-4 edge rusher. It doesn't matter though because you put him on a football field and he will dominate regardless of scheme.

Not the same thing at all. Von Miller was actually considered a 34 guy only until the offseason where during workouts he lit it up in coverage too proving he has the ability to do the things needed to be a 43 guy as well.

We have not seen that out of Clowney as much. I am not saying he cannot, we just have not seen it yet which means he is likely still considered a 34 guy. Also, when I say he is a 34 guy, that does not mean he isnt a 43 guy it just means a 34 team is likely to have him rated higher than a 43 team. He is certainly a good player though.

Remember, he is 255 lbs and that isnt big enough to be a 43 DE. So he would likely play the SLB like Kiwi. But, that position comes off the field quite a bit because of the nickle package. Effectively that means he is not an every down player in our system and he certainly would be in a 34 system. That is why his value would be higher to them.

GMENAGAIN
10-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Sound like a great plan and totally like something that the Giants would do!

slipknottin
10-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Clowney can absolutely be a 4-3 DE. He has the frame to get up to 280+.

His height makes it less likely he will be a 3-4 OLB. How many of those guys are 6'6? None that I can think of.

TheEnigma
10-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Could be the next Julius Peppers. He has the frame and raw ability to line up anywhere on the DL and make an impact.

nycsportzfan
10-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Could be the next Julius Peppers. He has the frame and raw ability to line up anywhere on the DL and make an impact. Agreed.. He reminds me alot of Julius Peppers.. A unique talent thats for sure...

BlueSanta
10-07-2012, 02:49 AM
I do not think his SC data has been updated in a while. There is no way that guy is 256 pounds, He is way bigger looking than that to me. I think SC is trying to pull a fast 1.

JSpin
10-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Yea and even if he's 255 now, he will be in the 270s come 2014. The kids freaking 19 years old! Most likely will be the number 1 pick in the draft.

rainierjef
11-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I think he is on and off against the run if the couple of games I saw him in, doesn't have that many moves to get to the QB, but this can be coached, great athlete, good measurable, can be a force under the right tutelage.

penguinfarmer
11-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Very few have that many moves before turning 20. You really can't be overcritical on his technique or weight at this stage in his development as he certainly makes up for it in athleticism and motor. I'm not dreaming of him in on the Giants, but I am certainly a believer in him as an elite prospect.

teaneck
12-01-2012, 03:01 PM
I say we throw every game to guarantee we have the first pick. We just have to make sure everyones on board! haha then we will have tuck, JPP, ojomo, and JC. Pretty sick D-front.

WiIdcat
01-01-2013, 11:42 PM
At this point I would trade our 1st round picks in 2014, 2015, and 2016 for Clowney. Once in a lifetime type player. He'll be one of the fastest players in the league at 290 lbs lol.