PDA

View Full Version : Is Adrian Tracy safe? Or does he get beat out by Ojomo or someone?

NYG4lifeNYK
08-26-2012, 03:44 PM
This 53 man roster makeup this season is easily THE most difficult it's ever been.

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 03:47 PM
It may depend on his injury status.

BigBlue1971
08-26-2012, 03:55 PM
yea i think his "injury status" will be key in him making final cut!

Ojomo looks to be a potential beast! i dont know if he beats out Tracy or not but he should be a keeper imo!

NYG4lifeNYK
08-26-2012, 03:57 PM
It may depend on his injury status.

Right but we have a bunch of injuries which is making this process THAT much more of a headache.... we are going to cut some good talent

is it me or has everyone impressed this camp? Add on we have guys injured with too much talent to cut.

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 03:57 PM
yea i think his "injury status" will be key in him making final cut!

Ojomo looks to be a potential beast! i dont know if he beats out Tracy or not but he should be a keeper imo!

It could be they put Tracy on IR if they have to and then Ojomo should be a lock to stay. We'll see who plays this week I guess.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-26-2012, 04:02 PM
It could be they put Tracy on IR if they have to and then Ojomo should be a lock to stay. We'll see who plays this week I guess.

Looking more and more like Austin will be put on IR...... Uggghhhhh... guy hasn't played football in forever... another season on IR....... such a shame

jomo
08-26-2012, 04:03 PM
It could be they put Tracy on IR if they have to and then Ojomo should be a lock to stay. We'll see who plays this week I guess.I've been waiting for the right time to say this RF and now is as good as any.................Jomo likes Ojomo. I apologize to all for that but it is a slow news day!!

rainierjef
08-26-2012, 04:07 PM
I've been waiting for the right time to say this RF and now is as good as any.................Jomo likes Ojomo. I apologize to all for that but it is a slow news day!!

Sigh* smh.... Oh....jomo

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
I've been waiting for the right time to say this RF and now is as good as any.................Jomo likes Ojomo. I apologize to all for that but it is a slow news day!!

That would be OKAYJOMO with me :p

NYG4lifeNYK
08-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Also if we want to IR Austin he has to first make the 53, otherwise any team can get their hands on him.

derekunion28
08-26-2012, 04:19 PM
I've been waiting for the right time to say this RF and now is as good as any.................Jomo likes Ojomo. I apologize to all for that but it is a slow news day!! I endorce this quote....... let it be written let it be done lol

giantyankee1976
08-26-2012, 04:20 PM
I'd hope to keep Tracy even if he had to be placed on IR. Ojomo seems like he has the making sof being beastly and I am very sad about Marvin...I really was loving the Pick when it came down.

With Canty being in doubt as well I am sad that our DLine had a lot of potential when it came to rotations and sets but now...

we'll have to trust that Fewell can make some good adjustments.

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 04:31 PM
I'd hope to keep Tracy even if he had to be placed on IR. Ojomo seems like he has the making sof being beastly and I am very sad about Marvin...I really was loving the Pick when it came down.

With Canty being in doubt as well I am sad that our DLine had a lot of potential when it came to rotations and sets but now...

we'll have to trust that Fewell can make some good adjustments.

Now if either Tracy or Ojomo could play inside........

BigBlue1971
08-26-2012, 04:38 PM

lol!!!!!!!

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 04:59 PM
yeah if austin is having a setback on a back issue it could very well be his sciatic nerve which s what beatty is dealing with. not good for either.

craig marshal has looked good as well...

ozzie0075
08-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Now if either Tracy or Ojomo could play inside........

Coaching staff loves Kuhn he was the 1st DT in rotation off the bench

juice33s
08-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Yes, he's the "Yosi" how can he not?....As for Ojomo, as impressive as he's been, lets not forget about Matt Broha who has also been impressive and appears to be higher on the depth chart after seeing some time with the 1's on Friday (Ojomo didn't get in till late in the 2nd half I believe)

Martyr
08-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Not seeing him since the Jaguars game doesnt help much.

rainierjef
08-26-2012, 05:17 PM
yeah if austin is having a setback on a back issue it could very well be his sciatic nerve which s what beatty is dealing with. not good for either.

craig marshal has looked good as well...
back pain is a symptom of sciatica not the root cause the common issue can be lumbago. they would of diagnosed him with sciatica if it was that and he would have experiences muscle numbness in his left or right leg which was not the case.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 05:20 PM
back pain is a symptom of sciatica not the root cause the common issue can be lumbago. they would of diagnosed him with sciatica if it was that and he would have experiences muscle numbness in his left or right leg which was not the case.

And if it is bad enough like mine was for years....when it acts up you can not walk........its not the pain...you just cant physically move your legs

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 05:24 PM
really bc he said that his back locked up on him and that it was a muscular issue. tc also mentioned the same.

and also, I dont get what u mean when u say..."back pain is a symptom of sciatica not the root cause the common issue can be lumbago." perhaps u can reword bc it doesnt make sense. and the lumbar refers to the level of the disc in the spine. i had issues at l4, and l5, and s1. lumbar 4 lumbar 5 which is the location of the disc.
the sciatic nerve refers to where the nerve is, the lower back. if he has a sciatic nerve issue, he is in some trouble same with beatty. only reason i know this is bc i had sciatic issues and had to have a triple dischectomy.

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 05:25 PM
And if it is bad enough like mine was for years....when it acts up you can not walk........its not the pain...you just cant physically move your legs
dude i know ur pain. i am still screwed up bc of my back. constant agony...

fansince69
08-26-2012, 05:32 PM
dude i know ur pain. i am still screwed up bc of my back. constant agony...

having my disc removed was best thing i ever did

jomo
08-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Sigh* smh.... Oh....jomolol I had a strained look on my face as I was typing it out but couldn't resist.

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 05:38 PM
having my disc removed was best thing i ever did
u have a fusion surgery? oh i know what procedure u had i always forget the name tho. i cant have that procedure bc i have a 2 disc issue which means they cant do it. they can do it for 1 disc issue but not 2. in europe u can have it done on 2 disc issues. at least thats what the surgeon told me.

Captain Chaos
08-26-2012, 05:42 PM
I don't think he's safe there are a couple of guys who are pushing hard!

Giantz4Life
08-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Man there is so much competition to make this roster its crazy. Normally I feel like the board can pretty much guess the final 53, but this year it is tough.

I feel bad for Austin and it is disappointing. Exciting prospect with tons of upside...just hasn't been able to get on the field :(

fansince69
08-26-2012, 06:03 PM
u have a fusion surgery? oh i know what procedure u had i always forget the name tho. i cant have that procedure bc i have a 2 disc issue which means they cant do it. they can do it for 1 disc issue but not 2. in europe u can have it done on 2 disc issues. at least thats what the surgeon told me.

No fusion...they only took the part of the disc that was herniated....i haven't had a back problem since 03.....where before that i would lose use of my legs for a week or 2 2-3x a year....just don't have the flexibility i had before........notice it mostly when I bowl....no more 300s for me lol

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Coaching staff loves Kuhn he was the 1st DT in rotation off the bench

I agree but was thinking of Canty and Austin still not being able to suit up.. We are losing interior line depth

rainierjef
08-26-2012, 06:22 PM
really bc he said that his back locked up on him and that it was a muscular issue. tc also mentioned the same.

and also, I dont get what u mean when u say..."back pain is a symptom of sciatica not the root cause the common issue can be lumbago." perhaps u can reword bc it doesnt make sense. and the lumbar refers to the level of the disc in the spine. i had issues at l4, and l5, and s1. lumbar 4 lumbar 5 which is the location of the disc.
the sciatic nerve refers to where the nerve is, the lower back. if he has a sciatic nerve issue, he is in some trouble same with beatty. only reason i know this is bc i had sciatic issues and had to have a triple dischectomy.

saying his lower back locked up indicates muscle tension, spasms; nothing nervous or nerve receptor interference. which kind of rules out sciatica. the sciatic nerve sends signals from the hub to the lower leg on each side it crosses the lower back through the pelvic region on the posterior sided aka the buttocks. if he feel tingling in his posterior thigh, leg, buttocks. sharp pains upon flexion, numbness then you can think nerve damage and in the area of mention you can deduct the sciatic nerve but these were not the cases, i am assuming lumbago

BlueMetal 40
08-26-2012, 07:24 PM
I agree but was thinking of Canty and Austin still not being able to suit up.. We are losing interior line depth

Here's something that we have all ignored in this post. I just remembered that Rogers is still on our active roster as well. If we cut him, he obviously is not a PS candidate, would another team try to claim him on waivers? I'm thinking no. They wouldn't have seen enough of him on tape after the weight loss, he may be the trump card in this entire DT puzzle.... What do you think?

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 07:31 PM
saying his lower back locked up indicates muscle tension, spasms; nothing nervous or nerve receptor interference. which kind of rules out sciatica. the sciatic nerve sends signals from the hub to the lower leg on each side it crosses the lower back through the pelvic region on the posterior sided aka the buttocks. if he feel tingling in his posterior thigh, leg, buttocks. sharp pains upon flexion, numbness then you can think nerve damage and in the area of mention you can deduct the sciatic nerve but these were not the cases, i am assuming lumbago

well i've had experiences where my back would lock up and it was bc my L4, L5, and S1 discs herniated and ruptured, putting pressure on the nerve at L4 and L5.

well either way, lumbar or sciatic (it can be both), its not a good thing. i dont know the extent of his injury, hopefully he just strained it bc aside from that, i dont know how u can heal a back injury w/o surgey...if its minor ice and stuff can work but if its a disc issue/sciatic nerve issue, not good.

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Here's something that we have all ignored in this post. I just remembered that Rogers is still on our active roster as well. If we cut him, he obviously is not a PS candidate, would another team try to claim him on waivers? I'm thinking no. They wouldn't have seen enough of him on tape after the weight loss, he may be the trump card in this entire DT puzzle.... What do you think?
dude has a blood clot and if he could return it wouldnt be for a while i would assume. he's not gonna be some sorta savior for the DT position. we will just have to keep a steady rotation and keep like 4 guys fresh and active throughout the game...

BlueMetal 40
08-26-2012, 07:39 PM
dude has a blood clot and if he could return it wouldnt be for a while i would assume. he's not gonna be some sorta savior for the DT position. we will just have to keep a steady rotation and keep like 4 guys fresh and active throughout the game...

Yeah, I know he isn't "active" right now, but Coughlin said in an interview that he had multiple second opinions on the clot, and they changed his meds for it, so it may not be as long a term out as originally thought. The interview was on GIANTS.COM, not sure which day it was.... Sorry for no link..

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I know he isn't "active" right now, but Coughlin said in an interview that he had multiple second opinions on the clot, and they changed his meds for it, so it may not be as long a term out as originally thought. The interview was on GIANTS.COM, not sure which day it was.... Sorry for no link..

i know what ur talking about. those articles still said that it would take some time for him to return tho. it wasnt like "oh we can actually play him week 1", it was more that his complete season may not be in jeopardy, that he might be able to return later on...

BlueMetal 40
08-26-2012, 07:50 PM
agreed. What nightmare decisions the coaches and FO have coming up.....

NYG4lifeNYK
08-26-2012, 08:20 PM
So the concensus is everyone thinks he is safe and will make the team.

Interesting....

BlueMetal 40
08-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Although it seems he wasn't a very good linebacker, Tracy does offer that in the versatility department, where as ojomo is strictly a DE.....

Breezely
08-26-2012, 08:59 PM
What about Marshall?

BlueMetal 40
08-26-2012, 09:11 PM
...and Broha after the Bears game. Yeah, I guess we could make a case for any of our young guys. I just think that Tracy would have a better understanding of the defensive concepts than the raw new guys, being that he had the experience at LB first. And it's not like he's looked like he can't handle the job.... he did look good before he got the leg problem.