PDA

View Full Version : Romo Chokes ..Again

oldgiantfan
12-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't like the thought but if Romo tags that wide open receiver near the end of the game it's over for the Giants.

Romo choked again and none of the announcers picked it up. I'm starting to think Romo has problems in pressure situations.

nygsb42champs
12-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Yes he did miss a wide open receiver but Dallas lost that game on defense.

Joe Morrison
12-12-2011, 04:34 PM
I don't like the thought but if Romo tags that wide open receiver near the end of the game it's over for the Giants. Romo choked again and none of the announcers picked it up. I'm starting to think Romo has problems in pressure situations.</P>

Did yu have the volume on? Collingworth must have commented on it at least 3 times, Romo did not have to try and make the perfect pass, just get it out there and let him catch it.</P>

Not like Eli ever missed a wide open man downfield!</P>

TuckYou
12-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't like the thought but if Romo tags that wide open receiver near the end of the game it's over for the Giants. Romo choked again and none of the announcers picked it up. I'm starting to think Romo has problems in pressure situations.</P>

Did yu have the volume on? Collingworth must have commented on it at least 3 times, Romo did not have to try and make the perfect pass, just get it out there and let him catch it.</P>

</P>

It was the same thing when Eli chucked it up to Manningham. He was wide open. Just throw it up in the air and let him catch it. Dez was the same thing.</P>

Gmen2005
12-12-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't blame that pass on Romo, Austin has been out for weeks they were bound to have timing issues.

oldgiantfan
12-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Yes he did miss a wide open receiver but Dallas lost that game on defense.

They sure did lose on defense. When a team scores 37 points as the Giants did then defense lost the game.

My point was that Romo seems to choke at critical moments. All the lousy defense aside all he had to do was put that pass anywhere in the area and it's lights out for the Giants.

BigBlueFanNJ
12-12-2011, 04:40 PM
I thought the play the that exemplifies the Romo typical bonehead play of the game was when he tried to extend the play on the sack and stumbled into the end zone, instead of just taking the sack on the 1-2 yard line.

the missed pass play happens sometimes!

Morehead State
12-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Yes he did miss a wide open receiver but Dallas lost that game on defense. They sure did lose on defense. When a team scores 37 points as the Giants did then defense lost the game. My point was that Romo seems to choke at critical moments. All the lousy defense aside all he had to do was put that pass anywhere in the area and it's lights out for the Giants.</P>

Didn't he get them in FG range in about 40 seconds?</P>

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 04:44 PM
How about the coverage by Aaron Ross my god that was horrible

nycsportzfan
12-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't like the thought but if Romo tags that wide open receiver near the end of the game it's over for the Giants.

Romo choked again and none of the announcers picked it up. I'm starting to think Romo has problems in pressure situations.romo played great! I felt that Austin should of laid out for that 3rd and 5 play It seemed he wasen't ready to go into that next gear as he was returning from his hammy injury Either way Romo played very well and that wasen't on him I mean even after everything he got his team in FG range and if we had ZERO To's left It goes to OT

nycsportzfan
12-12-2011, 04:48 PM
How about the coverage by Aaron Ross my god that was horrible Are u talking about All game? I hope so! Because all freaking game He was getting toasted! I watched the Game with my best bud who's a 9ers fan and he coulden't believe how often Ross was toasted and also how about Webster and Rolle play on Bryant's TD? The Giants Secondary is as bad a Secondary as i've ever seen I hope we bring back Terrell Thomas and pickup a Speedy S or CB in the draft

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm still not sure how romo safety's himself early in the game there.

Yes JpP was going to sack him, but there's no way he should have ended up fumbling the ball in the endzone then falling on it, lol

ashleymarie
12-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Miles Austin said in today's paper that he lost the ball in the lights.

Rusty192
12-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Miles Austin said in today's paper that he lost the ball in the lights.lol "Damn you Jerry!"

Rusty192
12-12-2011, 05:36 PM
How about the coverage by Aaron Ross my god that was horrible Are u talking about All game? I hope so! Because all freaking game He was getting toasted! I watched the Game with my best bud who's a 9ers fan and he coulden't believe how often Ross was toasted and also how about Webster and Rolle play on Bryant's TD? The Giants Secondary is as bad a Secondary as i've ever seen I hope we bring back Terrell Thomas and pickup a Speedy S or CB in the draft
yeah like Terrell was never burned *sarcasm*

I love the guy, but Tony Romo was always toasting him.

ashleymarie
12-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Those bright Jerry lights helped us win. hahaha

bansaw
12-12-2011, 05:54 PM
I liked when he saw us driving he ran to the sidelines and started yelling at the secondary pointing here and there...and Eli passed right where he was pointing for a completion lol

Ntegrase96
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM
To me the play was on Austin. Don't know how you can say a guy that passed 21 for 31 for 320 and 4 TDs was at fault.

I think Austin missed the ball more than he missed Austin. I thought the pass WAS perfect. It was certainly catchable and out of the reach of the defender. Austin has been out for a while with a hammy, and I guess he didn't want to re-tweak it.

Not to mention Romo got them within FG range to tie it.

The only odd play that happened was the safety. Honestly, I didn't mind it. That's the kind of play that he can usually make. He lost balance, but 9 times out of 10 he makes a play. That's what you get with Romo. That play didn't lose us the game.

Game is on Rob Ryan and the D.

bansaw
12-12-2011, 06:27 PM
To me the play was on Austin. Don't know how you can say a guy that passed 21 for 31 for 320 and 4 TDs was at fault.

I think Austin missed the ball more than he missed Austin. I thought the pass WAS perfect. It was certainly catchable and out of the reach of the defender. Austin has been out for a while with a hammy, and I guess he didn't want to re-tweak it.

The only odd play that happened was the safety. Honestly, I didn't mind it. That's the kind of play that he can usually make. He lost balance, but 9 times out of 10 he makes a play. That's what you get with Romo. That play didn't lose us the game.

feels good man, feels good

that one hurt, hope it stays with your team

Out of Exile
12-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Austin or whoever that was, catches that ball, game is OVER. Romo, as nice a guy he is and talented, is a choke artist.

THEMASTER
12-12-2011, 06:50 PM
If you watch the play over thru the next play, you would see Austin looking up at the lights. He claimed he could not see the ball, had he picked it up he would have easily rerouted and ran to it. The pass had plenty of air under it so, it wasnt the problem.....I know its unfashionable to praise anyone but Eli, but as one poster said, it was the Cowgirl defense that lost the game along with some good offensive play by the Gmen......

Ntegrase96
12-12-2011, 07:25 PM

feels good man, feels good

that one hurt, hope it stays with your team

Yup. It sucked for me, but good game overall... well, entertaining at least.

I said we'd split, but hoped we got the early game. Either way, we're still very much in the hunt. We don't win it, we don't deserve it. That one was too close for me to be worried about the next.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Romo gave the Cowboys a 34-22 lead with less than six minutes remaining (which the defense gave away). Any quarterback who gives his team a 12-point lead that late in the fourth quarter has essentially done his job for the night.

He put the Cowboys in field goal range to tie it at the end of the game.

He had 4 touchdowns with no interceptions.

It's hard to do much better than that as a quarterback. I'm not sure where the "choke" assessment is for this one?

jomo
12-12-2011, 07:48 PM

I agree. When that ball was in the air, it looked like and easy catch for a TD. I think that Austin was slightly off track on the ball flight which was inside his line. He picked it up late and didn't adjust. He also seemed to slow down or not have a burst, perhaps because of the hammy.</P>

On a side note, and I don't mean to be a wise ***, but what exactly is Rob Ryan's claim to fame? I know who his daddy is and I know who his brother is. However,he seems to get way more than his fair share ofcamera time for a guy who seems to get less out of his roster than most. </P>

jomo
12-12-2011, 07:50 PM
BTW, if Tony Romo could throw balls to Mario Manningham, would they ever complete a big pass??

daynemustgo
12-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Romo gave the Cowboys a 34-22 lead with less than six minutes remaining (which the defense gave away). Any quarterback who gives his team a 12-point lead that late in the fourth quarter has essentially done his job for the night.

He put the Cowboys in field goal range to tie it at the end of the game.

He had 4 touchdowns with no interceptions.

It's hard to do much better than that as a quarterback. I'm not sure where the "choke" assessment is for this one?

He didn't choke. He had a good game and essentially did as he pleased.

Ntegrase96
12-12-2011, 08:55 PM

I agree. When that ball was in the air, it looked like and easy catch for a TD. I think that Austin was slightly off track on the ball flight which was inside his line. He picked it up late and didn't adjust. He also seemed to slow down or not have a burst, perhaps because of the hammy.</p>

On a side note, and I don't mean to be a wise ***, but what exactly is Rob Ryan's claim to fame? I know who his daddy is and I know who his brother is. However,he seems to get way more than his fair share ofcamera time for a guy who seems to get less out of his roster than most. </p>

Basically just the Ryan moniker. He did well at the beginning of the year with good line backer blitzes, but he has since been decoded. I would like to see him run a defense with better corners, but I don't think it would matter. He really ticked me off with blitzes from the secondary when we were up by 12 with minutes to go... where was the gain in that?

Ryan is good at motivating people, but probably not a very good X's and O's guy. He definitely would have benefited from a FA CB pick up though.

fourth&forever
12-12-2011, 09:22 PM

Autism almost looks like he's laughing here.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/12/12/sports/web_galleries/g_giantsboys/12ipad_giants4013411--350x600.jpg

Mr Excitement
12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Austin said he lost the ball in the lights....who knows.

Gianthunter
12-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't like the thought but if Romo tags that wide open receiver near the end of the game it's over for the Giants. Romo choked again and none of the announcers picked it up. I'm starting to think Romo has problems in pressure situations.How to handle this correctly.[8-)][*-)] You are wrong.

Roswell777
12-12-2011, 09:45 PM

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/12/12/sports/web_galleries/g_giantsboys/12ipad_giants4013411--350x600.jpg

I'm going to hope this is a misprint otherwise it's in really poor taste. Obviously you've never been effected by something along those lines and that's great , but for the people who have, it's reads as completely insensitive and immature.

Please come up with a new nickname for Austin. I'm sure you can use your creativity in a more productive manner.

fourth&forever
12-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Ros,
sorry if I offended. Did not intend to.
stay blue

Roswell777
12-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Ros,
sorry if I offended. Did not intend to.
stay blue

It's all good man. Alls forgotten.

mike kennedy
12-12-2011, 10:15 PM
ROMO had a great game if you hadn't noticed. A little bit too much on that last pass as 75 % of other q backs do a lot. You probably had to clean yourself up when ROMO broke his collarbone last year.
"ROMO CHOKED"! What an asinine statement!

mike kennedy
12-12-2011, 10:22 PM

FORTH&amp;FOREVER you are on my ****list for that immature statement! Look up the definition and see how many people are effected by autism. Chances are someone very close to your family is.

Sarcasman
12-12-2011, 10:35 PM

I agree, NT. He played well and if the D got one stop toward the end, the game was over.

Tough to blame Romo here. Of course if he was the GIants QB and the roles were reversed half the posters here would be blaming him.....

fourth&forever
12-12-2011, 10:50 PM
FORTH&FOREVER you are on my ****list for that immature statement! Look up the definition and see how many people are effected by autism. Chances are someone very close to your family is.*

get in line buddy.

Roswell777
12-12-2011, 11:00 PM

I agree, NT. He played well and if the D got one stop toward the end, the game was over.

Tough to blame Romo here. Of course if he was the GIants QB and the roles were reversed half the posters here would be blaming him.....

Romo didn't choke last night.

But I have to admit, after watching that game, my new favorite drink is Bailey's On Ice.

bansaw
12-12-2011, 11:11 PM
But I have to admit, after watching that game, my new favorite drink is Bailey's On Ice.
turn in your man card

sorry

Roswell777
12-12-2011, 11:13 PM
turn in your man card

sorry

C'mon Bansaw. Just a play on words...not my man card.

Bailey, the Cowboy kicker, on ice....awww forget it. Here's my card. Rough crowd.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Saying that Romo "choked" makes as little sense as saying that Eli "choked" (had the Giants lost on Sunday.)

Both quarterbacks put on a passing clinic.

Eli had big games against the Saints and Packers, too. It's just hard to win when your defense surrenders 49 and 31 points (or in the case of the Cowboys, 35 points to the Giants.)

MattMeyerBud
12-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Saying that Romo "choked" makes as little sense as saying that Eli "choked" (had the Giants lost on Sunday.)

Both quarterbacks put on a passing clinic.

Eli had big games against the Saints and Packers, too. It's just hard to win when your defense surrenders 49 and 31 points (or in the case of the Cowboys, 35 points to the Giants.)

Romo played a good game overall - no denying that

but he choked on what would be the biggest play of the game when he missed miles

some people are made for the 4th quarter and some people are made to play with stars on their helmet and go to cabo with their "tight ends".

Glad we got the 4th qtr guy

Weygand
12-13-2011, 11:45 AM

Romo choked again and none of the announcers picked it up. I'm starting to think Romo has problems in pressure situations.

I'd say his receivers are the issue, not Romo who is a very good qb but he can't catch passes for them.

Weygand
12-13-2011, 11:45 AM
turn in your man card

sorry

How was that chili?

barran21
12-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Romo didn't choke he played great....

Weygand
12-13-2011, 12:26 PM

And we get to see him again in 3 weeks with the divisional title most likely on the line.

Roswell777
12-13-2011, 03:03 PM

And we get to see him again in 3 weeks with the divisional title most likely on the line.

...with a QB that is better than Romo.

GameTime
12-13-2011, 03:08 PM

going 21-31 with 4Tds and no picks is not choking. It was an incomplete pass and thats all. Maybe Austin couldnt catch up to it because he is nursing a hammstring. </P>

I dont like Romo but I also dont like bull**** statements either......</P>

It was blown coverage on the Giants and they were very lucky the play wasnt made.....</P>

mike kennedy
12-13-2011, 05:59 PM
FORTH&amp;FOREVER you are on my ****list for that immature statement! Look up the definition and see how many people are effected by autism. Chances are someone very close to your family is.

get in line buddy.

I don't need to get in line because I'm enjoying watching your sorry sad *ss getting ***ch slapped!

fourth&forever
12-13-2011, 06:27 PM
FORTH&FOREVER you are on my ****list for that immature statement! Look up the definition and see how many people are effected by autism. Chances are someone very close to your family is.*

get in line buddy.

I don't need to get in line because I'm enjoying watching your sorry sad *ss getting ***ch slapped!

Can't a guy make a mistake? jeez, shoot me an email if you'd like to take this outside.

DJloves
12-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Game's not on Romo, but we did catch a break with that one. But hey, they caught a break on that tipped interception. Happens in every game to every team.

mike kennedy
12-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Take it outside? I'm not going there and you know it's not gonna happen! You made a mistake.
Besides I always liked Underdog when I was a kid.

jomo
12-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Take it outside? I'm not going there and you know it's not gonna happen! You made a mistake.
Besides I always liked Underdog when I was a kid.
We should be able to get ourselves out of uncomfortable situationson our own here. Fourthandforever did that when he apologized to Roswell. The ball is in your court to just let it go. Chalk it up tobeing a mistake. The worldis not perfect in its flash judgementsand many of us here are not perfect. Don't set you own bar too high, you might disappoint yourself. It would be a good idea for all parties to move on.

giantsfan39
12-14-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't like Romo but the guy went 21-31, 67.7% completion, 10.4 YD AVG, 321 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, QBR of 141.3. He threw 2 TD passes in the 4th quarter and got them into FG range when they needed to tie the game.

The idea that he choked is ridiculous.

I have seen numerous Eagles, Redskins and Dallas fans give Eli the credit he deserves this season. There is no reason we can't do the same. Has Romo choked this season? Yes. He single handedly lost two games for them. But he played a great game last Sunday.

TroyArcher
12-14-2011, 08:01 PM

Did yu have the volume on?* Collingworth must have commented on it at least 3 times, Romo did not have to try and make the perfect pass, just get it out there and let him catch it.</P>

Eli hasn't missed many this year, especially in the 4th Qtr.

andolay
12-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Starting to think Romo chokes !!!!! HAHAHA Romo chokes, The announcers picked it up.
They pick it up week after week and this is December when Romo chokes the most.
Lebran James and Romo should sit down and figure out who is worse in pressure situations!
Thanks
Andolay

jomo
12-14-2011, 08:12 PM
I don't like Romo but the guy went 21-31, 67.7% completion, 10.4 YD AVG, 321 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, QBR of 141.3. He threw 2 TD passes in the 4th quarter and got them into FG range when they needed to tie the game.

The idea that he choked is ridiculous.

I have seen numerous Eagles, Redskins and Dallas fans give Eli the credit he deserves this season. There is no reason we can't do the same. Has Romo choked this season? Yes. He single handedly lost two games for them. But he played a great game last Sunday.
I agree with that. I might not say he played great but he played very well and certainly didn't choke. That last pass was a good one.Austin was on a different line from the ball and didn't adjust (maybe the lights??)I expected us to force some bad mistake out of Romo last Sunday. We didn't.Pick on Rob Ryan if you want to single someone out for the poor performance by the Cowboys.

egyptian420
12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Choked? Are you kidding me? As much as I absolutely HATE romo and the cowboys, he played his a## off in that game and did everything he possibly could to help his team win. Their defense gave that game away.

giantsfan39
12-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Yea. The Romo hate is sometimes as unwarranted as the Eli hate.