PDA

View Full Version : grant?....sash carted off in practice

derekunion28
08-26-2012, 06:13 PM
off of twiiter sash carted off... worse case secenrio its bad and he cant come back after week 4 suspension .. i love grant and his leadership

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 06:17 PM
at this point, with t2/prince missing regular season time, grant may be the best available option...but u gotta wonder how much he can actually bring to the field. he was a step too slow last season, and usually when u lose a step, 3 more lost steps follow...i think he could be a good mentor/depth player who could help out occasionally while teaching will hill...

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 06:18 PM
and actually now that i think about it, i dunno if sash was ever gonna be a starting caliber safety for us. i mean it already seemed like will hill surpassed sash on the depth chart, so i think we'll feel the loss of sash most in ST, and not as an actual safety

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 06:25 PM
If we start putting these guys on IR it affect the CAP as we they pay two people for the sake slot.

tonyt830
08-26-2012, 06:27 PM
I hope Sash is ok. He was going to have to serve the 4 game suspension anyway. So along with KP and Rolle, I think Hill makes the final 53. Now with the injury to Sash, maybe Stevie Brown makes the final 53. He can contribute to ST where Sash most contributed last season.

If Sash's injury isnt too severe, maybe he can come back after his 4 week suspension. I don't see the Giants rushing to re-sign Grant. I know he knows the system and provides good leadership, but it might be time to let the younger guys step up.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-26-2012, 06:30 PM
I hope Sash is ok. He was going to have to serve the 4 game suspension anyway. So along with KP and Rolle, I think Hill makes the final 53. Now with the injury to Sash, maybe Stevie Brown makes the final 53. He can contribute to ST where Sash most contributed last season.

If Sash's injury isnt too severe, maybe he can come back after his 4 week suspension. I don't see the Giants rushing to re-sign Grant. I know he knows the system and provides good leadership, but it might be time to let the younger guys step up.If Sash is out for a long period, I believe that the Giants will re-sign Grant. As for the younger guys stepping up, well some of them are too young and not familiar with our system at this point. I would much rather have a "step behind guy" out there who knows what he is doing compared to a "deer in the headlights" rookie who doesnt have a clue.

tonyt830
08-26-2012, 06:31 PM
and actually now that i think about it, i dunno if sash was ever gonna be a starting caliber safety for us. i mean it already seemed like will hill surpassed sash on the depth chart, so i think we'll feel the loss of sash most in ST, and not as an actual safety

If we start putting these guys on IR it affect the CAP as we they pay two people for the sake slot.Both of you make very good points. Lets just hope that Sash's injury isnt a season ender, he is valuable on ST.

Carter.525
08-26-2012, 06:32 PM
dang ! Sash would make alot of sense now..

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Both of you make very good points. Lets just hope that Sash's injury isnt a season ender, he is valuable on ST.

After the dust from the cuts settles, I suspect Grant may be on speed dial

tonyt830
08-26-2012, 06:34 PM
If Sash is out for a long period, I believe that the Giants will re-sign Grant. As for the younger guys stepping up, well some of them are too young and not familiar with our system at this point. I would much rather have a "step behind guy" out there who knows what he is doing compared to a "deer in the headlights" rookie who doesnt have a clue.well most of Sash's contributions were on ST to this point. Now whether he would see more time at S this year, I dont know. But I understand what you are saying about the youngens, but Stevie Brown is no rookie, and could fill in on ST at the very least.

But I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Marvelousmik
08-26-2012, 06:39 PM
brown looked bad the other night.

BuffyBlueII
08-26-2012, 06:40 PM
I would love to see Deon Grant brought back as an assistant coach or DBs coach so he can stay with NY Giants family. He is a true Warrior and he Bleeds NY Giant Blue.

derekunion28
08-27-2012, 12:12 AM
what ever they do i hope they decide quit ..tim es a tickin

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 02:34 AM
sash has been taking too many drugs he got caught and now he hurt himself ffsss he should be cut he doesnt play good anyhow if we sign grant he is old also he will fit in with coughlin and gilbridge and talk about granddaughters while kp and rolle think of their master plan kk go gmen!

M00KIE
08-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Not sure how replacing a 3rd Safety is a big priority atm. We do have other safeties and honestly can't figure out the love affair with Sash. He's a backup, nothing more.

Redeyejedi
08-27-2012, 08:15 AM
No need to bring in Grant. the Giants already are cutting guys they dont want 2 because of being devastated at DT. Im not even sure they can carry 4 safeties with Prince and TT being hurt. They may to have use 6 CB's and 5 DT's because of Austin and Canty as well. Could see Grant at some time this season but I still dont think it happens till later on. Are u really going to cut Austin just to have a 4th safety on the roster that isnt going anywhere.Im more concerned about cutting the young guys that are showing some promise then adding another 1 to the list by adding Grant.

Redeyejedi
08-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Not sure how replacing a 3rd Safety is a big priority atm. We do have other safeties and honestly can't figure out the love affair with Sash. He's a backup, nothing more.I dont get it either.I wasnt a big fan of the pick although 6th rounders are more special teams.I dont believe he is an NFL starter Will Hill is a far more talented player