PDA

View Full Version : Giants and Eagles as race for the top fo the East

Turbo
08-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Ok, so there are a lot of people, including some Giants fans, that think Philthy has a great shot at taking the east. How much harder does it become if Vick goes down for a quarter of the season? He has been constantly hurt during the preseason and seems to be made of glass every season anyway. Don't know if his absence is as big a deal as people make it out to be, but who knows?

rcrane
08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
we will win nfc east this year :). no homer.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Its way too early to be speaking of a race for the NFC EAST already. With that said, Our schedule is tough as nails and just like the last 3-4 seasons we should look at 1 game at a time just like the G-men should be. I wanna play well against the pats this week and have 0 injuries to our players.

Laurah1275
08-26-2012, 06:12 PM
We will win NFC east this year. Big time homer. ;) Vick will break a nail on 9/29 and be gone for 6 months. And if he doesn't, no biggie. Eli can take him ;)

Laurah1275
08-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Its way too early to be speaking of a race for the NFC EAST already. With that said, Our schedule is tough as nails and just like the last 3-4 seasons we should look at 1 game at a time just like the G-men should be. I wanna play well against the pats this week and have 0 injuries to our players.Agree, stomp the Pats, no injuries ;)

Moke
08-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Eagles are always going to be bad as long as Vick is their QB. He gets injured too quickly, and the chemistry just diminishes. You can't win **** with an injury-prone QB like that.

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 06:25 PM
am i the only one not impressed with philly and dallas. namdi is nowhere near as good as his legend was. vick misses time every year, and even when healthy, is prone to mistakes and being forced into things he doesnt do well ie. blitz from his left side forcing him to his right, reading the d presnap...

Djax and Macclin are speed finesse type wr's. vick makes his OL look like crap. They have a good DL, but have an OC as their DC...I honestly think they will be right around .500 again...

TheEnigma
08-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Funny thing and I might get flamed for this but we would be better off with Vick staying healthy because Foles looks like the real deal so far.

From a mechanical standpoint, he's an actual pocket passer who knows how to read defenses, make progressions, and understands how to protect himself unlike Vick. The last thing we want is for this kid to get more time as the season goes on.

I'm calling it now but in 2013, Nick Foles will be the permanent starting QB for the Eagles.

Moke
08-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Funny thing and I might get flamed for this but we would be better off with Vick staying healthy because Foles looks like the real deal so far.

From a mechanical standpoint, he's an actual pocket passer who knows how to read defenses, make progressions, and understands how to protect himself unlike Vick. The last thing we want is for this kid to get more time as the season goes on.

I'm calling it now but in 2013, Nick Foles will be the permanent starting QB for the Eagles.

Naw, I agree. But people are just too glamoured by Mr. Vick that they can't realize that. Everyone loves him, probably why most people pick the Eagles in madden too.

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 06:35 PM

i agree with the vick not being their qb and foles being their starter next year. but i wont say that foles is the real deal. vick is just overpriced. he doestn play 16 game seasons, he plays 12 game seasons. and he isnt that good as a passer its just reality when it comes to him. philly has given reid a long time and imo he is a great coach but we all know how philly fans are. reid will be fired and vick goes with him. just my guess tho

Gmenfan87
08-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Can't argue with what Vick brings when healthy. As good as Shady is, he gets so much better when the QB is also a threat to run.

But if anyone can counter what the Eagles do it is the Giants. Assuming our CB's get healthy otherwise... won't be pretty.

TheEnigma
08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
i agree with the vick not being their qb and foles being their starter next year. but i wont say that foles is the real deal. vick is just overpriced. he doestn play 16 game seasons, he plays 12 game seasons. and he isnt that good as a passer its just reality when it comes to him. philly has given reid a long time and imo he is a great coach but we all know how philly fans are. reid will be fired and vick goes with him. just my guess tho

I don't know man. He does all the right stuff with the little things like encouraging players and not letting mistakes depress him like with Vick. He has the right attitude for QB in this league. The best we can hope for is that Reid gets separated from Foles somehow because as much as we make fun of Reid, that dude can coach up a QB.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Can't argue with what Vick brings when healthy. As good as Shady is, he gets so much better when the QB is also a threat to run.

But if anyone can counter what the Eagles do it is the Giants. Assuming our CB's get healthy otherwise... won't be pretty.

I think our offense can be just at effective against their defense too....it works both ways

penguinfarmer
08-26-2012, 07:24 PM
am i the only one not impressed with philly and dallas. namdi is nowhere near as good as his legend was. vick misses time every year, and even when healthy, is prone to mistakes and being forced into things he doesnt do well ie. blitz from his left side forcing him to his right, reading the d presnap...

Djax and Macclin are speed finesse type wr's. vick makes his OL look like crap. They have a good DL, but have an OC as their DC...I honestly think they will be right around .500 again...

I don't buy into Dallas. I think they have more holes than Washington coupled with a lack of depth at positions where their starters are injury prone. Redskins' main void was just at the premiere position. If I had to make a brash [or maybe not so brash] prediction, I'd pick them to finish last.

Philly, on the other hand is talented, and can't overlook their success against the NFC East in recent years. Nnamdi is still one of the best, if not the best, shadowing corners in the league. It wasn't his fault Eagles' D was in flux as well as having to play that odd pseudo-safety position. I expect him and DRC to rebound one year into a new system.

jomo
08-26-2012, 08:29 PM
we will win nfc east this year :). no homer.I thought that was obvious...........;)

jimmie ray
08-26-2012, 09:54 PM
I as we make fun of Reid, that dude can coach up a QB.

Hey, I just joined here, and didn't want to get into things that are more the ugly side of sports - but the saga of Andy Reid's sons (yes, plural), is about the worst story that I can recall. How in the world do you think assigning your drug addicted, gun toting gone wild kid an assistant position - just to keep him occupied??? He O.D.'d in the team's facility, and I guess Reid is a rock of Gibralter for sticking to it, while he has a second son with the same history is still running around? Freaking retire, Andy - and corral your last offspring.

giantyankee1976
08-26-2012, 10:10 PM
let's see what happens a game at a time. Historically all the teams in the East beat up and otherwise soften up each other by th epost season.

my belief is that our Team is the most Mentally Tough which is why I think they play well when their backs are against the wall or when injuries mount up...

be positive but realistic, the NFCE in recent years has amounted to being a dogfight or a knife fight in the alley.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 10:39 PM
let's see what happens a game at a time. Historically all the teams in the East beat up and otherwise soften up each other by th epost season.

my belief is that our Team is the most Mentally Tough which is why I think they play well when their backs are against the wall or when injuries mount up...

be positive but realistic, the NFCE in recent years has amounted to being a dogfight or a knife fight in the alley.

Not trying to nit pick ....but it has been a dog fight for a lot longer than just recent years.....for as long as I can remember the nfce has always been thought of as one of the toughest divisions in football

stormblue
08-26-2012, 11:20 PM
andy reid is so overated that it is beyond laughable.
he has had plenty of talent on that team for over a decade
and has failed to get a ring.
poorest in-game decision making and clock managing staff
in the league ; he is an excellent recruiter and supply seargent.....but a lousy general.

i hope he stays there for another decade.

giantyankee1976
08-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Not trying to nit pick ....but it has been a dog fight for a lot longer than just recent years.....for as long as I can remember the nfce has always been thought of as one of the toughest divisions in football

oh you're not nit-picking at all.

my comment is based on the recent Competitiveness of our Teams as supposed to the regular rivalry dogfighting (see: M. Vick).

ergo: Div Winning and Wild Card Seeding, or the potential of...

CTsREVENGE
08-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Hey, I just joined here, and didn't want to get into things that are more the ugly side of sports - but the saga of Andy Reid's sons (yes, plural), is about the worst story that I can recall. How in the world do you think assigning your drug addicted, gun toting gone wild kid an assistant position - just to keep him occupied??? He O.D.'d in the team's facility, and I guess Reid is a rock of Gibralter for sticking to it, while he has a second son with the same history is still running around? Freaking retire, Andy - and corral your last offspring.

What is your point? Besides the last sentence of your post nothing you wrote made any type of sense, and still you got that wrong because he has 4 more children. Andy is one of the better coaches in the league and shouldn't quit his job because of a sons with drug problems. Being from a family, mother's siblings, with drug problem you learn that there is only so much family members can do to help a person and it isn't worth sacrificing your life's happiness to help someone who won't change, as hard as it maybe to think of. Quitting his job is not going to allow him to stand gaurd over his son 24/7 and monitor his activities because when he goes out with his friends do you think daddy reid is going to hit up the clubs at 3 in the morning?

Back to the original post. I think it will be a shoot out between the eagles and giants for the east with dallas and washington fighting to keep their heads above water. Dallas has to man injury prone players starting at key positions for them and washington will go through growing pains with RG3. Everyone can't be Cam Newton.

Sarcasman
08-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Ok, so there are a lot of people, including some Giants fans, that think Philthy has a great shot at taking the east. How much harder does it become if Vick goes down for a quarter of the season? He has been constantly hurt during the preseason and seems to be made of glass every season anyway. Don't know if his absence is as big a deal as people make it out to be, but who knows?

I think the division is wide open. I never feared the Cowboys as long as Wade was coaching, he's gone and they have improved so I think it could be any of the three....Eagles, Cowboys or Giants.

I can't the Redskins seriously because of Snyder. I could be proved wrong but for now, that remains my stance.

Also, I think the Eagles chances are as good if not better without Vick. He can't lead a ***** to bed with a fistful of $100s and the bigger the game, the smaller he comes up. The Eagles need a real QB if they are going to be taken seriously.

And by that I mean late playoff success. In this parity league anyone can make the playoffs any given year.....win some late round playoff games and then we've got something to talk about. Shoot, even Donovan McNabb was able to do that...........

Sarcasman
08-27-2012, 12:27 AM

Not crazy at all. I've always maintained that Vick is neither a NFL QB nor a player to be feared. The Eagles with a real QB would be scary.

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 01:33 AM
it is like this every year stop complaining.

GCGiant
08-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Tough schedule as usual. They have to take it 1 game at a time. Winning the div. would be OK, but they seem to play well on the road in the playoffs, so I just want them to find a way to have a winning record which usually equates to playoffs...and then another storybook run once they get in.

jimmie ray
08-27-2012, 08:44 AM
What is your point? Besides the last sentence of your post nothing you wrote made any type of sense, and still you got that wrong because he has 4 more children. Andy is one of the better coaches in the league and shouldn't quit his job because of a sons with drug problems. Being from a family, mother's siblings, with drug problem you learn that there is only so much family members can do to help a person and it isn't worth sacrificing your life's happiness to help someone who won't change, as hard as it maybe to think of. Quitting his job is not going to allow him to stand gaurd over his son 24/7 and monitor his activities because when he goes out with his friends do you think daddy reid is going to hit up the clubs at 3 in the morning?

So a coach who brings his kid with all these socialogical issues onto the team's staff, just to keep him occupied - and still has him wind up O.D.ing right at their facility, is one of the better coaches? Unless you think this is good, because the Eagles are rivals, I'd say it's pointless for me to explain anything further to you.