PDA

View Full Version : Ratliff might miss opener

TheEnigma
08-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Dallas Cowboys' Jay Ratliff suffers high ankle sprain (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055071/article/dallas-cowboys-jay-ratliff-suffers-high-ankle-sprain?module=HP11_headline_stack/)

Things are looking worse and worse for the Boys.

Moke
08-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Most fans i know now are already using the excuse, "if they beat us, we had injuries". True because they are bad, but teams always have injuries.

Luckily for them, might as well be in the beginning of the season than the end.

rainierjef
08-26-2012, 08:25 PM
^ give them the list of our injuries and then give them a stay-free tampon

rainierjef
08-26-2012, 08:35 PM
this from nfl.com on the ratliff injury article.

Gregory Ambus Attorney at Gregory T. Ambus, P.C. A Professional Law Corporation
Giants have Nicks broken foot not fully healed yet, Beaty left tackle out, no Jacobs, no manningham on offense, chris canty and rogers out on defensive line, a 4th string cornerback will have to start named Coe (Amukamara injured)......and super bowl hang over....time to go lay a hurting on the giants.....next man up and man up and beat them down! Ware needs to throw Eli Manning around like a wet noodle! Cowboys in an upset 34-20.

delirium is a hell of a syndrome

Ntegrase96
08-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Next man up: Josh Brent. He'll do just fine really.

I think the Cowboys will be healthier by game time. Most of our holdouts are precautionary rather than actual injuries. Won't hear any excuses from me, that's for sure.

TheEnigma
08-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Nicks will be ready for the starter...

So I have Witten and Ratliff as improbable for the week 1 game. Any word on Dez and Austin recently? They are questionable at this point.

Ntegrase96
08-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Nicks will be ready for the starter...

So I have Witten and Ratliff as improbable for the week 1 game. Any word on Dez and Austin recently? They are questionable at this point.

Word is if Dez and Austin had to play today they could.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 08:43 PM
this from nfl.com on the ratliff injury article.

Gregory Ambus Attorney at Gregory T. Ambus, P.C. A Professional Law Corporation
Giants have Nicks broken foot not fully healed yet, Beaty left tackle out, no Jacobs, no manningham on offense, chris canty and rogers out on defensive line, a 4th string cornerback will have to start named Coe (Amukamara injured)......and super bowl hang over....time to go lay a hurting on the giants.....next man up and man up and beat them down! Ware needs to throw Eli Manning around like a wet noodle! Cowboys in an upset 34-20.

delirium is a hell of a syndrome

all of that is true ,but you can tell it was written by someone that really doesnt know anything about this team

TheEnigma
08-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Word is if Dez and Austin had to play today they could.

That's good to hear. I couldn't imagine how bad our O would look without Nicks and Cruz.

Ntegrase96
08-26-2012, 08:51 PM
That's good to hear. I couldn't imagine how bad our O would look without Nicks and Cruz.

I think our guys behind our starters could get the job done. It would be just a different game plan... it goes for both sides. You've got some guys that can get the job done as well outside of Cruz and Nicks.

Harris looked good for us last night and Beasley and Ogletree look pretty good too.

I'm glad you guys didn't nab O'tree from us because he's starting to put it together for us this year. Outside of Austin, he's easily our best route runner and can take a hit for sure.

TheEnigma
08-26-2012, 09:09 PM
I think our guys behind our starters could get the job done. It would be just a different game plan... it goes for both sides. You've got some guys that can get the job done as well outside of Cruz and Nicks.

Harris looked good for us last night and Beasley and Ogletree look pretty good too.

I'm glad you guys didn't nab O'tree from us because he's starting to put it together for us this year. Outside of Austin, he's easily our best route runner and can take a hit for sure.

I don't know if we would look good without our two starting WRs. I know your Oline can run block better than ours and at least rely on Murray. We would have to hope for Wilson to continue to break runs to the outside.

Ogletree would of been a bad fit with our bloated WR depth anyway. He was better off on your team.

jomo
08-26-2012, 09:26 PM

I'm glad you guys didn't nab O'tree from us because he's starting to put it together for us this year. Outside of Austin, he's easily our best route runner and can take a hit for sure.We could absorb a hit to our DL but not our OL...........heck, I don't think anyone in the NFC East could absorb a hit to their OL.

Ntegrase96
08-26-2012, 09:27 PM
We could absorb a hit to our DL but not our OL...........heck, I don't think anyone in the NFC East could absorb a hit to their OL.

I doubt it. Maybe the Redskins?

jomo
08-26-2012, 09:33 PM
I doubt it. Maybe the Redskins?Ratliff is a really good player, very tough, very consistent and very smart. I'm glad we'll only have to face him once this year.

TheEnigma
08-26-2012, 09:35 PM
I doubt it. Maybe the Redskins?

I'd say Eagles have the best OL when everyone has their starters completely healthy. Peters was a huge blow to them.