PDA

View Full Version : Dont be surprised if we draft a CB early next year...

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Ross GONE next year bc either he will want to much or someone will overpay him. </P>

T2 coming back off knee surgery</P>

Leaves us with 2 starting corners and a bunch of no ones...</P>

what do you guys think?</P>

lawl
12-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Yea, I want a corner in the 1st or 2nd, depending on our slot.

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Depends completely on how the draft unfolds. Can never have enough pass rushers or cover guys

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Yea, I want a corner in the 1st or 2nd, depending on our slot.</P>

Who do you like coming out??</P>

lawl
12-12-2011, 05:11 PM

</P>

no clue. I don't follow college closely and I don't get a good idea of what I think the Giants should do until the offseason.</P>

</P>

nyginpattown
12-12-2011, 05:16 PM
im thinking o-line. Baas doesnt look like the answer at center, how much longer will kareem be around, and we cant have a revolving door of people playing guard one week and tackle the next. when we can get a cohesive unit out there to play together week after week, then and only then will the running game return.

Roswell777
12-12-2011, 05:22 PM
I want a LB. A monster LB. it's been 27 years since they drafted a LB (Banks) in the first round.

I'd say they were due. Besides, TT, Webster and The Prince should get it done.

JMFP2
12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Hopefully they can work something out with Ross. He's a decent corner, just been abused by some very good QBs.

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I want a LB. A monster LB. it's been 27 years since they drafted a LB (Banks) in the first round.

T2 is not under contract next season...

myles2424
12-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Ross GONE next year bc either he will want to much or someone will overpay him.* </P>

what do you guys think?</P> someones going to overpay for him? I'm not sire how you came up with that..

Roswell777
12-12-2011, 05:28 PM

T2 is not under contract next season...

I didn't know that. Not good. He needs to be signed.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Ross GONE next year bc either he will want to much or someone will overpay him. </P>

what do you guys think?</P>

someones going to overpay for him? I'm not sire how you came up with that..</P>

I guess I have no proof, but I have seen worse happen. He is a #1 pick, statistically he is not having such a bad year. </P>

jhamburg
12-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Ross GONE next year bc either he will want to much or someone will overpay him.* </P>

what do you guys think?</P> someones going to overpay for him? I'm not sire how you came up with that..

Yeah I can't think of a team in the league that would slot him as their #1 or #2.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I want a LB. A monster LB. it's been 27 years since they drafted a LB (Banks) in the first round. I'd say they were due. Besides, TT, Webster and The Prince should get it done. T2 is not under contract next season... I didn't know that. Not good. He needs to be signed.</P>

Regardless, T2 will be back for a 1yr deal to boost his stock. No one will sign him fresh off a season ending injury.</P>

NYGFaninILL
12-12-2011, 05:45 PM

</P>

no clue. I don't follow college closely and I don't get a good idea of what I think the Giants should do until the offseason.</P>

*</P> FYI, Aaron Ross was the top ranked CB out of college in 07

TheEnigma
12-12-2011, 05:59 PM
There's several factors that have to be taken in account for what we draft in the 1st next year.

Do we make the playoffs or not? The difference in draft order is immense here since the positions available around 13-17 are different than the ones around 22-25.

What if some teams reach in the 1st round for a QB who wasn't expected to be taken? That changes the draft board for everyone and could leave us with another Prince opportunity to grab a top 10 player at a higher pick.

I see some people want to draft a LB or an OL in the 1st but it has to be at the right spot. If the best player on the board is a CB and the best OL left isn't worth the spot, take the CB. There's plenty of OL talent in the later rounds that can be molded into great players.

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 06:16 PM

</P>

</P> FYI, Aaron Ross was the top ranked CB out of college in 07No he wasnt he was clearly number 3 behind Revis and Hall

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-12-2011, 06:22 PM

</P>

</P>

FYI, Aaron Ross was the top ranked CB out of college in 07</P>

im confused..whats your point? </P>