PDA

View Full Version : Cut Down Thread

Redeyejedi
08-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Since no one made 1.

Brandon Mosley placed on IR

CB Antwaun Molden has been cut which isnt good because Tryon is probably making the team and he is awful

Here are 11 cuts
TE Ryan Purvis, DT Carlton Powell, DB Chris Horton, WR Julian Talley, WR Brandon Collins, TE Christian Hopkins, DB Brandon Bing, DB Jojo Nicolas, RB Joe Martinek, T Joel Reinders, DT Oren Wilson.

Also Canty and Beckum are on the PUP

repeatchamps
08-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Since no one made 1.

Brandon Mosley placed on IR

CB Antwaun Molden has been cut which isnt good because Tryon is probably making the team and he is awful

I am also disappointed in Tryon thus far. I liked what I saw from him last year before he got hurt but he just looks completely lost this preseason. I am hoping he gets himself together and improves with increased repetitions now that Prince is going to be battling this ankle injury.

Martyr
08-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Mosley on IR? anyone know what his injury is?

the rest of the list doesnt shock me much.

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Mosley on IR? anyone know what his injury is?

the rest of the list doesnt shock me much.

Giants RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYG
It's worth noting, Mosley's ankle injury didn't keep him from practicing on Sunday. Now he's on IR. #NYG

Toadofsteel
08-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Only disappointment I have is Martinek. He looked pretty solid. Possibly a PS candidate?

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Only disappointment I have is Martinek. He looked pretty solid. Possibly a PS candidate?

There was no chance that he was going to make the team when the Giants signed him and by releasing him now there is a chance another team could take a look at him. I have a feeling by the timing of his release the Giants probably don't have any plans to put him on the PS.

Toadofsteel
08-27-2012, 11:58 AM
There was no chance that he was going to make the team when the Giants signed him and by releasing him now there is a chance another team could take a look at him. I have a feeling by the timing of his release the Giants probably don't have any plans to put him on the PS.

Well we better hope Andre Brown can be that power back we desperately need...

repeatchamps
08-27-2012, 11:58 AM
It's worth noting, Mosley's ankle injury didn't keep him from practicing on Sunday. Now he's on IR. #NYG

Interesting. Not the first time the Giants have potentially used IR to keep players without taking a roster spot. They've been accused of abusing it in the past so let's hope they dotted their i's and crossed their t's in Mosley's case.

Toadofsteel
08-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Interesting. Not the first time the Giants have potentially used IR to keep players without taking a roster spot. They've been accused of abusing it in the past so let's hope they dotted their i's and crossed their t's in Mosley's case.

Yup, we did that with Cruz... makes letting Steve Smith go make all the more sense in 2011...

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 12:00 PM

They did clarify that he was limited on Sunday for whatever that's worth.

Mosley (ankle) was limited on Sunday. #NYG

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Well we better hope Andre Brown can be that power back we desperately need...

I still don't think Brown makes the team over Scott which would the mean the Giants plan to use Bradshaw or Ware in short yardage.

Giants5699
08-27-2012, 12:04 PM
I still don't think Brown makes the team over Scott which would the mean the Giants plan to use Bradshaw or Ware in short yardage.

Ware is just flat out awful

Toadofsteel
08-27-2012, 12:06 PM

I still think he makes it over Scott... especially now with Martinek out of the picture. Ware and Bradshaw are just not power backs. Bradshaw has always been an elusive runner, using jukes, stiff-arms, and just making defenders miss, but he isn't that good up the middle, even when our o-line actually does create the hole. Ware is, well... Ware. Scott is a speedster, but he's now redundant with Wilson around. Brown is the only guy we have who has the ability to punch the ball through the middle.

Then again, with the state our O-line is in, maybe it would be better to run without a power back at all...

Redeyejedi
08-27-2012, 12:08 PM
I wonder if the NFL is going to call the Giants on placing Mosley on IR

repeatchamps
08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
I wonder if the NFL is going to call the Giants on placing Mosley on IR

Like I said earlier in the thread, it wouldn't be the first time.

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM
I still think he makes it over Scott... especially now with Martinek out of the picture. Ware and Bradshaw are just not power backs. Bradshaw has always been an elusive runner, using jukes, stiff-arms, and just making defenders miss, but he isn't that good up the middle, even when our o-line actually does create the hole. Ware is, well... Ware. Scott is a speedster, but he's now redundant with Wilson around. Brown is the only guy we have who has the ability to punch the ball through the middle.

Then again, with the state our O-line is in, maybe it would be better to run without a power back at all...

That is entirely possible at this point. The other issue is the Giants will keep 4 RBs but will likely only have 3 of them active each week like they have done in the past. Last year Scott was rarely active.

GMan-67
08-27-2012, 12:19 PM
the league can't really say much about IR ... if they had a 4 or 8 week DL, then they could, but they can't expect teams to just eat all their rosters spots up hoping some player gets healthy sooner rather than later

TheShouldersOf
08-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Is Brown that much of a "Power Back"? i can't see it

repeatchamps
08-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Is Brown that much of a "Power Back"? i can't see it

Feed the Hynoseros!

Buddy333
08-27-2012, 12:27 PM
To bad for Bing that he couldn't get on the field to earn a spot. Maybe he still stays around on the practice squad?

GameTime
08-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Feed the Hynoseros!
+1......agreed