PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS' ROSTER CUTS: Joe Martink Among cuts as team reaches 75

RoanokeFan
08-27-2012, 01:32 PM
LINK
(http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/8/27/3271736/new-york-giants-roster-cuts-joe-martinek-brandon-bing-julian-talley)
Excerpt: "There are a handful of surprises among the players cut or placed on Injured Reserve/PUP Monday to reach the 75-man roster limit. Here is the breakdown:" Read more...

Zaggs
08-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Well if Hynoski was going to stay, martinek was going to be cut. Glad to see Douglass is still there.

thomsoad
08-27-2012, 01:59 PM
I know he is a NJ native but some of you REALLY went overboard on the hype with this kid. I remember someone on these boards just raving about his HS rushing totals...HS?!!

As i said when we first brought him in...there just isnt a position available on this roster for him. Wish him the best but i couldnt ever see it with the Gmen.

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 02:21 PM
the giants r given him a chance to catch on somewhere else. i'd bet NE takes a look at him. If he's available later on maybe we PS him...

thomsoad
08-27-2012, 02:40 PM
the giants r given him a chance to catch on somewhere else. i'd bet NE takes a look at him. If he's available later on maybe we PS him...

They already got Woodhead. NE has even less incentive then we do for a hybrid type player

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 02:45 PM
bad article RF you should know better than to post this there were no surprises ugh.

G.I. Ants
08-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Martink looked solid this offseason but he was in a tough battle making a team already stacked to the teeth. I believe he can make an impact in this league if given an opportunity.

jomo
08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
bad article RF you should know better than to post this there were no surprises ugh.Are you saying that he should only post articles with surprises? I am as critical of bad articles as the next guy but there was timely, factual, useful information in there, First cuts are always ho-hum for most teams. Did I miss something?

fansince69
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Martink looked solid this offseason but he was in a tough battle making a team already stacked to the teeth. I believe he can make an impact in this league if given an opportunity.

I think there are several guys on this team that might find spots on other teams

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Are you saying that he should only post articles with surprises? I am as critical of bad articles as the next guy but there was timely, factual, useful information in there, First cuts are always ho-hum for most teams. Did I miss something?
no I mean the article says that there were many surprises when there were none lol. poorly written.

jomo
08-27-2012, 03:00 PM
no I mean the article says that there were many surprises when there were none lol. poorly written.haha, yes, there's alot of false advertising going on to get you engaged..

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 03:04 PM
haha, yes, there's alot of false advertising going on to get you engaged..
Thats why I told RF not to waste our time with these things maybe he gets paid to advertise the articles. I love RF best poster ever but sometimes I wonder.....