PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant Gets a Babysitter

mikeq6722
08-27-2012, 01:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8304196/dez-bryant-dallas-cowboys-adhere-strict-team-mandated-guidelines-behavior

FBomb
08-27-2012, 05:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8304196/dez-bryant-dallas-cowboys-adhere-strict-team-mandated-guidelines-behavior

The difference between a class organization and clown circus. The Giants would have showed him the door.

TheAnalyst
08-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Why has Goodell not suspended him yet?

titwio
08-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Why has Goodell not suspended him yet?

I'm guessing Jerry Jones proposed this idea to Goodell in hopes if Dez abided by these rules then he wouldn't have to serve a suspension.

TheAnalyst
08-28-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm guessing Jerry Jones proposed this idea to Goodell in hopes if Dez abided by these rules then he wouldn't have to serve a suspension.

Uh, thats nice, but it didnt work for Pacman... According to Goodells past track record, Dez should be suspended at least 2 games.

Bigbluefan77
08-28-2012, 11:46 AM
knocking your mother around is probably the most ridiculous thing you could do and you definitely deserve a suspension

titwio
08-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Uh, thats nice, but it didnt work for Pacman... According to Goodells past track record, Dez should be suspended at least 2 games.

Not exactly sure but I don't remember any player ever having strict rules like this laid upon themselves. He's being treated like a 12year and he's a fully grown man being followed around by security with a curfew...no bars, nightclubs...no drinking. Not even a beer for eff's sake.

These rules are worse than any 2 game suspension I can think of. Honestly I would never agree to it...but that's just me. And I'm not supporting Dez in any way shape or form...just saying this is humility at it's finest.

Dwinsballgames
08-28-2012, 11:52 AM
here are the list of restrictions:

• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;

• No drinking alcohol.

• He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.

• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.

• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.

• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions

Un effing believable

titwio
08-28-2012, 11:57 AM
here are the list of restrictions:

• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;

• No drinking alcohol.

• He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.

• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.

• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.

• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions

Un effing believable

If I was Dez I'd take the 2 game suspension...lol Those rules are nuts!

TheAnalyst
08-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Not exactly sure but I don't remember any player ever having strict rules like this laid upon themselves. He's being treated like a 12year and he's a fully grown man being followed around by security with a curfew...no bars, nightclubs...no drinking. Not even a beer for eff's sake.

These rules are worse than any 2 game suspension I can think of. Honestly I would never agree to it...but that's just me. And I'm not supporting Dez in any way shape or form...just saying this is humility at it's finest.

Pacman had rules like that. A curfew, wasnt allowed in strip clubs, had body guards around him all the time.... Pacman basically said he hated it because he wasnt a kid and he was being treated like one. Thats why it didnt work. I dont see Dez really buying into this either.

Ntegrase96
08-28-2012, 12:58 PM
The difference between a class organization and clown circus. The Giants would have showed him the door.

Like they showed LT the door?

The thing you guys absolutely refuse to understand is both sides of the story. In fact, none of you even try.You have automatically painted Bryant a villain because it's easy to listen to ESPN and other media outlets assume that he is, despite the fact that you all know that sports media is more entertainment than journalism.

Everyone here sympahized with LT because he needed help (also we're biased as fans and take care of our own). Well, the same goes for Bryant as well. The difference is Byant isn't a drug addict. He's a troubled kid from a broken home. And another difference is that Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things.

Again, the biggest thing wrong with Bryant stems from lack of sense of discipline and responsibility, yet Bryant AGREED to these restrictions. And anyone following him knows that he's been taking steps to improving that aspect of his life.

And for god's sakes he did not beat his mother.

Dwinsballgames
08-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Like they showed LT the door?

The thing you guys absolutely refuse to understand is both sides of the story. In fact, none of you even try.You have automatically painted Bryant a villain because it's easy to listen to ESPN and other media outlets assume that he is, despite the fact that you all know that sports media is more entertainment than journalism.

Everyone here sympahized with LT because he needed help (also we're biased as fans and take care of our own). Well, the same goes for Bryant as well. The difference is Byant isn't a drug addict. He's a troubled kid from a broken home. And another difference is that Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things.

Again, the biggest thing wrong with Bryant stems from lack of sense of discipline and responsibility, yet Bryant AGREED to these restrictions. And anyone following him knows that he's been taking steps to improving that aspect of his life.

And for god's sakes he did not beat his mother.

"Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things".

believe it when I see it.

Ntegrase96
08-28-2012, 02:15 PM
"Bryant isn't too stuck in his way to correct things".

believe it when I see it.

I'm not saying he will, but I'm saying he's young enough.

He's taking the steps toward increasing his responsibility and he really has been for the most part since the end of last season.

I'm curious though... what are you expecting to see change?

What exactly are you looking to see?

Dwinsballgames
08-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm not saying he will, but I'm saying he's young enough.

He's taking the steps toward increasing his responsibility and he really has been for the most part since the end of last season.

I'm curious though... what are you expecting to see change?

What exactly are you looking to see?

I'm waiting to see if he either:

1) accepts the help he is getting (translate: can stand being treated like a 5-year-old) and works hard to change, or
2) implodes on and off the field as a result of the pressure and being demorilized by the Cowboys organizationm (like Pacman), or
3) somewhere in between and fades into mediocrity

either way, it's certainly an interesting side show you got going on down there in Texas.

Ntegrase96
08-28-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm waiting to see if he either:

1) accepts the help he is getting (translate: can stand being treated like a 5-year-old) and works hard to change, or
2) implodes on and off the field as a result of the pressure and being demorilized by the Cowboys organizationm (like Pacman), or
3) somewhere in between and fades into mediocrity

either way, it's certainly an interesting side show you got going on down there in Texas.

1.) He's sort of refused the help he was getting from some Cowboys vets early on, but recently has sought out Novacek to help his on the field struggles.
2.) He agreed to the restrictions himself, so I doubt that
3.) Possible. Nothing is impossible. I wouldn't say it's likely though.

Eliscruzzz
08-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Dez Bryant= Justin Blackmon without brain cells LMFAO!!! This guy is very overrated.

Dwinsballgames
08-28-2012, 03:28 PM
1.) He's sort of refused the help he was getting from some Cowboys vets early on, but recently has sought out Novacek to help his on the field struggles.
2.) He agreed to the restrictions himself, so I doubt that
3.) Possible. Nothing is impossible. I wouldn't say it's likely though.

I always liked Novacek maybe he can help the kid. At the end of the day, however, no matter how much help or restrictions or advice or counseling or whatever he gets, there is only one person who can change his behavior and that's him. I personally have nothing against the kid. I don't necessacarily feel sorry for him. I have my own problems. BTW, back in the day when LT was playing and had his issues, I didn't feel sorry for him either. I thought he was an idiot off the field (and apparently still is) especially when he dropped out of rehab and decided to "rehab on the golf course". But, like alot of people I was (and still am) in awe of what he did on the field. he was the best defensive player ever (IMO) and no one has come close to doing what he did (on the field). but I was never someone who idolized or looked up to athletes as role models. They're generally (with some exceptions) not the best source of that. My hero was always my dad and even though he's been dead for 7 years he still is.

Ntegrase96
08-28-2012, 03:35 PM
I always liked Novacek maybe he can help the kid. At the end of the day, however, no matter how much help or restrictions or advice or counseling or whatever he gets, there is only one person who can change his behavior and that's him. I personally have nothing against the kid. I don't necessacarily feel sorry for him. I have my own problems. BTW, back in the day when LT was playing and had his issues, I didn't feel sorry for him either. I thought he was an idiot off the field (and apparently still is) especially when he dropped out of rehab and decided to "rehab on the golf course". But, like alot of people I was (and still am) in awe of what he did on the field. he was the best defensive player ever (IMO) and no one has come close to doing what he did (on the field). but I was never someone who idolized or looked up to athletes as role models. They're generally (with some exceptions) not the best source of that. My hero was always my dad and even though he's been dead for 7 years he still is.

Right and I don't think most people have anything against Bryant either. Maybe they have something against the way the media has portrayed him.

I've seen people with real problems. They'll only change when they want to change like you've said. Bryant doesn't have 'real problems', but he's taking steps toward eliminating the small incidents that get blown out of proportion and getting better on the field. He wants to change-- He's taken that initiative himself, and I don't doubt that these guidelines are part of that. Whether or not he'll stick with it will remain to be seen, but the guy gets no credit. He's also not a bad guy either. He reminds me so much of kids I went to high school with in the same situation but just did not have the talent. Not bad guys-- they just didn't have the direction.

Ntegrase96
08-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Dez Bryant= Justin Blackmon without brain cells LMFAO!!! This guy is very overrated.

Blackmon just went to the same school as Bryant. Doesn't have nearly the talent Bryant does and also has 2 DUI's.

Dez Bryant was arrested once (blown out of proportion) and had a scuffle with an annoying rapper once who was heckling him at a night club.

Other than that? He had lunch with Deion once and forgot his cleats at his pro-day (this is why he was labeled trouble in the draft by the way).

GameTime
08-28-2012, 03:44 PM
the kid has been given a golden opportunity to play in the NFL and at a marque team like the Cowboys. Maybe this will turn a light on in his head and change his attitude and consequently his life and career. If not.....he will just be another wasted talent. I applaud the Cowboys for at least trying to help the kid. Maybe it will work.....and maybe it wont.

Eliscruzzz
08-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Blackmon just went to the same school as Bryant. Doesn't have nearly the talent Bryant does and also has 2 DUI's.

Dez Bryant was arrested once (blown out of proportion) and had a scuffle with an annoying rapper once who was heckling him at a night club.

Other than that? He had lunch with Deion once and forgot his cleats at his pro-day (this is why he was labeled trouble in the draft by the way). Oh come on man youthink I meant that literally I was just saying what Warren Moon has said but since your a big stats guy, all I hear from Cowboy fans is if he does this and if he does that this guy can be great come on dude really this guy doesn't even have over 1500 yards in two year Cruz had that in one how many times are you guys going to stick up for this ****** bag I'm serious you can find more nfl ready talent out there I would rather start the kid with the dreads on you team. Iknow it was against the Rams but I just don't think Bryant is worth it. Trust me I was so pissed when they cut Plax I thought the Giants should keep giving him chances but it worked out better for the Giants just to get rid of him Trust me Bryant is not worth it.

Ntegrase96
08-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh come on man youthink I meant that literally I was just saying what Warren Moon has said but since your a big stats guy, all I hear from Cowboy fans is if he does this and if he does that this guy can be great come on dude really this guy doesn't even have over 1500 yards in two year Cruz had that in one how many times are you guys going to stick up for this ****** bag I'm serious you can find more nfl ready talent out there I would rather start the kid with the dreads on you team. Iknow it was against the Rams but I just don't think Bryant is worth it. Trust me I was so pissed when they cut Plax I thought the Giants should keep giving him chances but it worked out better for the Giants just to get rid of him Trust me Bryant is not worth it.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1304478/dezsick_medium.gif

Eliscruzzz
08-28-2012, 04:52 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1304478/dezsick_medium.gif Wow that's great lmao was it a touchdown that counted? FAIL!

Ntegrase96
08-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Wow that's great lmao was it a touchdown that counted? FAIL!

Please. Just because it wasn't a TD (because of a penalty) it still shows you the athletcism.

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/articles/182599-dez-bryant-s-beast-td-catch

There's one that counted. Happy?

No, Dez Bryant's production has not matched Cruz's. That's neither here nor there. Bryant's upside is massive, and the results will eventually come.

Eliscruzzz
08-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Please. Just because it wasn't a TD (because of a penalty) it still shows you the athletcism.

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/articles/182599-dez-bryant-s-beast-td-catch

There's one that counted. Happy?

No, Dez Bryant's production has not matched Cruz's. That's neither here nor there. Bryant's upside is massive, and the results will eventually come.Hey there's nothing wrong with wishful thinking man I still think Bryant is overrated and the #'s back me up if he has another 800 receiving this tell me you still want him there and is he has over 1200 yard this season ( since you guys are so high on him) then I will eat crow. Everyone that is a wr has a highlight reel even jerome simpson has one and look what has happened to him clearly the bengals get the point more then the cowboys do.

Ntegrase96
08-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey there's nothing wrong with wishful thinking man I still think Bryant is overrated and the #'s back me up if he has another 800 receiving this tell me you still want him there and is he has over 1200 yard this season ( since you guys are so high on him) then I will eat crow. Everyone that is a wr has a highlight reel even jerome simpson has one and look what has happened to him clearly the bengals get the point more then the cowboys do.

True, everyone does have a higlight reel. Although with Dez there are many reels. His yardage production was down, but he still scoes TDs. He's a threat anywhere on the field and this entire offseason, he has been busting butt to get even better.

Eliscruzzz
08-28-2012, 05:45 PM
True, everyone does have a higlight reel. Although with Dez there are many reels. His yardage production was down, but he still scoes TDs. He's a threat anywhere on the field and this entire offseason, he has been busting butt to get even better. Look we can go on forever about this I say this is his "prove it year" the Cowboys made it clear that they are going to back him so well see I hope for your sake he does live up to his hype but to me even if I was a Cowboy fan I wouldn't want him that other kid with the dread looked real good he impressed me a lot all I'm saying.

Ntegrase96
08-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Look we can go on forever about this I say this is his "prove it year" the Cowboys made it clear that they are going to back him so well see I hope for your sake he does live up to his hype but to me even if I was a Cowboy fan I wouldn't want him that other kid with the dread looked real good he impressed me a lot all I'm saying.

Right, this is a prove it year with Dez. Although I must say, Bryant hasn't been bad but he hasn't lived up to expectations yet either... well, expectations from common fans at least. IMO he's right on track.

Still, nonetheless, this year expectations are up there and he's got to live up to them. I think he will, but he will have to prove it for sure.

Bing Crosby
08-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Everyone here sympahized with LT because he needed help

For the record I have no sympathy of LT or Dez. Both men have the means to deal with their problems, means that many addicts and troubled individuals don't have. And people can spin either story however they want to because of their love of the teams, but anytime a grown adult needs supervision just to live their life, they aren't really an adult, and that honestly is really sad.

Yeah Bryant had a hard life growing up, a lot of football players had hard lives growing up, yet they managed to get their life on track and live as functioning human beings without the need to be babysat by their employer. I understand that Dallas, has an investment to protect here, but honestly this is nothing short of pathetic.

Your a grown man start acting it, you shouldn't need someone there watching you telling you not to put you hand in the cookie jar again.

Ntegrase96
08-28-2012, 07:38 PM
For the record I have no sympathy of LT or Dez. Both men have the means to deal with their problems, means that many addicts and troubled individuals don't have. And people can spin either story however they want to because of their love of the teams, but anytime a grown adult needs supervision just to live their life, they aren't really an adult, and that honestly is really sad.

Yeah Bryant had a hard life growing up, a lot of football players had hard lives growing up, yet they managed to get their life on track and live as functioning human beings without the need to be babysat by their employer. I understand that Dallas, has an investment to protect here, but honestly this is nothing short of pathetic.

Your a grown man start acting it, you shouldn't need someone there watching you telling you not to put you hand in the cookie jar again.

Many people, inluding Cowboys fans, share this same sentiment.

Personally. I think that's too easy of an answer. It's irresponsible to tell someone to be a man when they don't know how.

On a separate note, would it change your opinion if these rules weren't even thought up by the Cowboys, nor are they being enforced by them?
Would your opinion change if these rules were recently confirmed as false and embarrassing to Bryant?

I thought these rules were odd (Bryant doesn't go to strip clubs and he's not a big drinker) and now there's been confirmation from Jerry that the Cowboys didn't set forth these rules and confirmation from Bryant's advisor that these aren't even the rules that he's set forth for himself.