PDA

View Full Version : M.Lombardi-Manning, Cruz, Snee Top 5 at their Position

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 01:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055261/article/eli-manning-rob-gronkowski-among-bluered-chips-on-offense?module=HP11_content_stream

I was very surprised tho that he didn't have Nicks in his top 5 or top 10...Nicks helped make Cruz with all the attention Nicks warranted...No way that the "Red Chip" Wr's are better than Nicks, let alone the "blue chip" players. i actually believe Nicks is better than Cruz at the moment. Anyways, enjoy his breakdown. Lombardi is one of the few analysts I respect.

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Eli jpp and kp are top 5 at their position nobody else.

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 01:40 PM
and Snee is a great player, but no way was last year a "blue/red chip" season for him.

jomo
08-27-2012, 01:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055261/article/eli-manning-rob-gronkowski-among-bluered-chips-on-offense?module=HP11_content_stream

I was very surprised tho that he didn't have Nicks in his top 5 or top 10...Nicks helped make Cruz with all the attention Nicks warranted...No way that the "Red Chip" Wr's are better than Nicks, let alone the "blue chip" players. i actually believe Nicks is better than Cruz at the moment. Anyways, enjoy his breakdown. Lombardi is one of the few analysts I respect.I love Cruz and he may belong there but IMO Nick is a little better.

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 01:43 PM
i agree jomo

Redeyejedi
08-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Snee was pretty bad last year not sure if he still top 5. Cruz is not better then Nicks.If Nicks isnt top 5 then Cruz isnt

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 01:48 PM
he said nicks is not even top 15 this article is #trash.

jomo
08-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Snee was pretty bad last year not sure if he still top 5. Cruz is not better then Nicks.If Nicks isnt top 5 then Cruz isntThat's even a better way of putting it including the part about Snee.

GameTime
08-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah Nicks belongs in there if Cruz does.......
oh well. I dont really give a hoot anyway.....

Diamondring
08-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah Nicks belongs in there if Cruz does.......
oh well. I dont really give a hoot anyway.....I think teams go mostly by stats. Is any O-linemen is high list? If not, then there should be.

gumby74
08-27-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't think Cruz or Nicks deserve to be a blue chipper. A. Johnson, Fitz, C. Johnson, Jackson, and Brandon Marshall are all better imo.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't think Cruz or Nicks deserve to be a blue chipper. A. Johnson, Fitz, C. Johnson, Jackson, and Brandon Marshall are all better imo.

Ill give you the Johnsons and Fitz.....there could be arguments made for nicks when compared to the others

G.I. Ants
08-27-2012, 02:35 PM
this is a blessing & curse for Cruz. His story and humbling personality has made him a household name, playing for a team within the biggest media market in sports. He will go through a much more challenging part in his career now being targeted by opposing defenses. This preseason, he is already seeing some pretty hard hits after making some tough receptions.

How will he play in his first season being on the radar? this is the question that must be answered because as much as I like the guy, he is a one year wonder. Hopefully, his play continues to evolve.

G.I. Ants
08-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Hakeem Nicks is a blue chipper, he just happens to play for an elite franchise with diverse pass attack.

BlueReign
08-27-2012, 02:38 PM
this is a blessing & curse for Cruz. His story and humbling personality has made him a household name, playing for a team within the biggest media market in sports. He will go through a much more challenging part in his career now being targeted by opposing defenses. This preseason, he is already seeing some pretty hard hits after making some tough receptions.

How will he play in his first season being on the radar? this is the question that must be answered because as much as I like the guy, he is a one year wonder. Hopefully, his play continues to evolve.
Ask the Falcons/Packers how targeting Cruz went.

Eliscruzzz
08-27-2012, 02:39 PM

I was very surprised tho that he didn't have Nicks in his top 5 or top 10...Nicks helped make Cruz with all the attention Nicks warranted...No way that the "Red Chip" Wr's are better than Nicks, let alone the "blue chip" players. i actually believe Nicks is better than Cruz at the moment. Anyways, enjoy his breakdown. Lombardi is one of the few analysts I respect. So do I Cruz can be successful with out Nicks but he is deadly with Nicks, Nicks is my favorite playerI loved it when the Giants drafted him, he's big, physical, can block, can run any route, great with YAC. Nicks is big time.

Eliscruzzz
08-27-2012, 02:42 PM
he said nicks is not even top 15 this article is #trash. That's is just dumb not a knock against Cruz but just because he's not flashy and all that other stuff he's not top 15? Nicks is the reason to me that Cruz is able to do what he does I think Nicks is getting slighted in his abilities as a WR and how he could be great. And if he has Dez Bryant before Nicks I will shoot myself.

hugehomer
08-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Snee hasnt been top five in two years.

Eliscruzzz
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't think Cruz or Nicks deserve to be a blue chipper. A. Johnson, Fitz, C. Johnson, Jackson, and Brandon Marshall are all better imo.Man I get Fitz and C. Johnson but Jackson?and Marshall?IDK but to me all Jackson can do is the deep routes Nicks is more of a complete WR then Jackson he goes over the middle and is better at blocking. Brandon Marshall while is a beast sometimes checks out of games now he's with Cutler again so maybe but right now I think Nicks is better slightly.

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 02:52 PM
So do I Cruz can be successful with out Nicks but he is deadly with Nicks, Nicks is my favorite playerI loved it when the Giants drafted him, he's big, physical, can block, can run any route, great with YAC. Nicks is big time.

i agree. and i think a large part of why he goes under the radar even after amazing seasons is a)he misses time every season and b) he isnt flashy or ur typical diva wr.

I'm not saying Cruz is, but the way he scored all those TDs and with his salsa celebration, it is flashy (but in a legit, humble kind of way). I disagree with the thought Nicks isn't as good as any one of those red chippers aside from MAYBE 'dre johnson. I agree with the thought that if Cruz is a top 5, Nicks needs to be too. its that reason why i think both should be red chippers. they both have blue chip talent, but bc they have each other, their responsibilities are lessened to a degree.

But it is nice to see Lombardi recognize Eli and Cruz. Snee, I dont know wtf he was thinking besides the rest of the OL sucked and his play suffered bc of them. Cosell, Lombardi, Mayock, Shefter...even Jaws and Gruden...those r the analysts I respect.

Eliscruzzz
08-27-2012, 03:02 PM
i agree. and i think a large part of why he goes under the radar even after amazing seasons is a)he misses time every season and b) he isnt flashy or ur typical diva wr.

I'm not saying Cruz is, but the way he scored all those TDs and with his salsa celebration, it is flashy (but in a legit, humble kind of way). I disagree with the thought Nicks isn't as good as any one of those red chippers aside from MAYBE 'dre johnson. I agree with the thought that if Cruz is a top 5, Nicks needs to be too. its that reason why i think both should be red chippers. they both have blue chip talent, but bc they have each other, their responsibilities are lessened to a degree.

But it is nice to see Lombardi recognize Eli and Cruz. Snee, I dont know wtf he was thinking besides the rest of the OL sucked and his play suffered bc of them. Cosell, Lombardi, Mayock, Shefter...even Jaws and Gruden...those r the analysts I respect. Yes I am glad that Eli is finally getting some recognition for his improving stats each year and knowledge of how to read certain defenses and get his team into the right play also his movement inthe pocket when it breaks down which all elite QB's do, but to say Nicks is not a red chip player is blasphemy to me he had a great post-season last year one of the best a WR can have and that doesn't qualify for outstanding performances when it counts? What did Bill B. say " this is still a Cruz and Nicks game" and Nicks with all that double covering he had 10 for over 100 yards 3 season over 3,000 and 27 TD'S I just don't understand and dissappointed.

Marvelousmik
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM

I was very surprised tho that he didn't have Nicks in his top 5 or top 10...Nicks helped make Cruz with all the attention Nicks warranted...No way that the "Red Chip" Wr's are better than Nicks, let alone the "blue chip" players. i actually believe Nicks is better than Cruz at the moment. Anyways, enjoy his breakdown. Lombardi is one of the few analysts I respect.

Right now, cruz is a better receiver than nicks, and you know what brought me to this conclusion? I believe revis would have an easier time covering nicks 1v1 than cruz. I also think cruz would give revis a run for his money. I can't think of a
Corner who could really cover this guy 1v1.

jordy nelson being a head of andre johnson and nicks is what truly confuses me.

gumby74
08-27-2012, 03:44 PM
I thought about. It took me awhile, but........... Right now, cruz is a better receiver than nicks, and you know what brought me to this conclusion?.
I believe revis would have an easier time covering nicks 1v1 than cruz. I think cruz would give revis a run for his money in 1v1 coverage. I can't think of a Corner who could really cover this guy 1v1.

Antonio brown being a head of andre johnson and nicks is what truly confuses me.

Question in my mind is, is if Cruz is just a beneficiary of Nicks being on the other side? Or is he really that #1 kind of receiver.

BeatYale
08-27-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm shocked that Nicks wasn't at least a red chip.

Roosevelt
08-27-2012, 04:14 PM
and Snee is a great player, but no way was last year a "blue/red chip" season for him.

Agreed. In all fairness though he may have been playing through an injury. And he looks like he still has that injury so far in pre-season.

TheEnigma
08-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Eli and JPP are the only ones I agree on for sure being top 5 at their position. Well, I'd say Weatherford is a top 5 Punter and DeOssie is a pretty good Long Snapper.

Nicks showed his true capabilities in the post season but I'd love to see him play a full regular season at that ability first. Cruz of course just needs another season before you can really call him that good. Lots of players have flashed and then disappeared in the NFL. Doesn't look like that will be the case for Cruz though.