PDA

View Full Version : Giants Changes I'd Like To See

Red Dog
08-27-2012, 03:28 PM
No more salsa in the end zone (Parcell's rule-Act like you've been there before) To getr TV time tryhanding the ball to the official and you will be noticed
No more idiotic wide receiver celebrations because of a caught pass (They are paid to do it)
No more wild stomps and dances and carrying on after a sack by defensive lineman who get theit butts beaten and then do something like a sack unless the offensive linemen will agree to do the same after a good run block or stopping a defensive lineman from hitting Manning, and also an agreement among QB's to dance after a completion, or a handoff resulting in a great gain by the runner.
Let the Giants lead the league in "prevent childish celebrations" Want to dance go to a club or something

And before some jump on this ask yourself if you jump up and stomp and dance at your job

repeatchamps
08-27-2012, 03:31 PM
No more salsa in the end zone (Parcell's rule-Act like you've been there before) To getr TV time tryhanding the ball to the official and you will be noticed
No more idiotic wide receiver celebrations because of a caught pass (They are paid to do it)
No more wild stomps and dances and carrying on after a sack by defensive lineman who get theit butts beaten and then do something like a sack unless the offensive linemen will agree to do the same after a good run block or stopping a defensive lineman from hitting Manning, and also an agreement among QB's to dance after a completion, or a handoff resulting in a great gain by the runner.
Let the Giants lead the league in "prevent childish celebrations" Want to dance go to a club or something

And before some jump on this ask yourself if you jump up and stomp and dance at your job

Normally, I am with you whole-heartedly. The celebration dances are nonsense and unneeded. However, if this team keeps racking up the Lombardi trophies I really don't care what they do to celebrate as long as they do not get 15 yarders because of it.

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 03:33 PM

Never going to happen players want to draw as much attention to themselves as possible. Look at all the off the field attention Cruz got because of the salsa.

GameTime
08-27-2012, 03:37 PM
I hear you but the Giants arent really that bad with what they do....IMO.
I may be biased tho

Eli TO Shockey
08-27-2012, 03:40 PM
its all in good fun. Now, if they started to get penalties for it, then it would become a problem. If "old school" Tom Coughlin doesnt have an issue with it, then I certainly dont.

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 03:46 PM
wait...theres actually a giants fan who doesnt like cruz doing the salsa? its not like he does it when we're behind multiple scores (N.O. game for ex.). No offense OP, but when u go to the pool at the hotel on vacation, ur def. the dude telling kids not to jump in bc its against the rules...yeah its a job and yea athletes for the large part dont act professionally. but what cruz does is in good fun. sports are supposed to be fun, remember? dont ruin the game bc society is mucked up to the point ppl who play games all day make 100s of millions of dollars

repeatchamps
08-27-2012, 03:49 PM
its all in good fun. Now, if they started to get penalties for it, then it would become a problem. If "old school" Tom Coughlin doesnt have an issue with it, then I certainly dont.

This. Coughlin is an extension of that Parcells mentality anyway. It is why I loved it when they hired Tom as I am a Parcells era junky lol. It looks like I was right to like the hiring as it has panned out championship wise as well as in many other ways identically to the Parcells era.

G.I. Ants
08-27-2012, 03:58 PM

My question is why are celebrations so childish?
I think people don't fully understand what players are going through mentally during games. Huge stadiums filled with fans cheering or booing you, media asking you endless questions, overcoming the pressure of performing on national TV, and so on. Many times, I have seen teams get themselves going by a little celebration after a big play.

I do real estate and yes, after a big transaction, I jump up and stomp my clients out, lol.

Moke
08-27-2012, 04:04 PM
I love the celebrations. When playing a sport, you are so amped to score and do something positive in the game, that you don't realize how excited you are and you do all that stuff.

And this is entertainment for the fans. Fans love it.

jomo
08-27-2012, 04:07 PM
This. Coughlin is an extension of that Parcells mentality anyway. It is why I loved it when they hired Tom as I am a Parcells era junky lol. It looks like I was right to like the hiring as it has panned out championship wise as well as in many other ways identically to the Parcells era.Yessir............

TommyD
08-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Those days are long gone. It's worse in pro basketball, which died in 1973.

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
roger goodell get off the forums lol

Rat_bastich
08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I, being a guy that doesn't care for all the excess celebrations that go on in the NFL, do not agree. While I don't necessarily enjoy it, the Giants do not do it in excess and are usually over in a couple of seconds. I don't think you'll ever see a Chad Johnson or T.O. type celebration.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 04:18 PM
I, being a guy that doesn't care for all the excess celebrations that go on in the NFL, do not agree. While I don't necessarily enjoy it, the Giants do not do it in excess and are usually over in a couple of seconds. I don't think you'll ever see a Chad Johnson or T.O. type celebration.

I agree with this

Kase-1
08-27-2012, 04:21 PM

And before some jump on this ask yourself if you jump up and stomp and dance at your jobWhat a party pooper

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9lhf0fDd8kA/T_-UUv9hnNI/AAAAAAAAFJQ/PehA37qp1q0/s1600/Party%2BPooper.jpg

B&RWarrior
08-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Those days are long gone. It's worse in pro basketball, which died in 1973.

Died in 1973?? And here I thought Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson brought pro basketball to it's highest heights- silly me!

Celebrations are a part of life. If done the right way they don't decrease the prefessionalism of the sport.

Giant stuck in Texas
08-27-2012, 04:27 PM
And before some jump on this ask yourself if you jump up and stomp and dance at your job If I made $1,000,000+ a year playing a sport I love, you can bet your *** I would be celebrating ever chance I get.

Lighten up my friend........ it's football, not a funeral.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 04:31 PM

Honestly I think it would depend on my job.......if I was a funeral director....probably not

If I was a Mexican hat dancer....Im quite sure I would

Toadofsteel
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
If it's the things T.O. does (which are usually mocking and derogatory), then it's a problem. If it's Cruz doing a home-grown salsa dance that was passed down through the family, that's just celebrating heritage, not mocking the opposing team. That's where I draw the line with TD celebrations. I was more than a little uncomfortable with the dance that Jacobs did on the cowboys star last year, but stuff like that shouldn't be a rationale to turn this into the No Fun League...

ImElectric2
08-27-2012, 04:43 PM
I may not jump up and down at my job when I complete a task, but I also don't go to someone else's job and tell them.how they should feel after they're done with their workload. Bear in mind how visceral of a "job" these guys have. They need to physically dominante another mammal. And when going through such physical extremes as these men do, pushing their bodies to such limits etc, there are hormones and such that are produced that effect these men. It's much different than what one's body will produce sitting at a desk for 8 hours. So yeah, let them celebrate, let them salsa, let them have release from the demands placed on their bodies during the season and, if they care about their jobs, off-season.

jomo
08-27-2012, 04:48 PM
There is a line, which I don't believe the Giants receivers cross.

Toadofsteel
08-27-2012, 04:54 PM
There is a line, which I don't believe the Giants receivers cross.

The only crossing of the line that I saw last year was Jacobs' dance in Dallas. MAYBE Nicks doing the dirty bird against atlanta, but I don't really think that's over the line with atlanta doing it all the freaking time...

middlecountrygiantsfan
08-27-2012, 05:43 PM
My take on celebrations is they should be allowed to do whatever they want. HOWEVER, I believe that the other team should be allowed to tackle the person during the celebration. In other words, celebrate at your own risk.

So lets a TE catches a pass and goes up to dunk on the field goal post. The LB that was guarding him should be able to smash mid dunk.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 05:47 PM
My take on celebrations is they should be allowed to do whatever they want. HOWEVER, I believe that the other team should be allowed to tackle the person during the celebration. In other words, celebrate at your own risk.

So lets a TE catches a pass and goes up to dunk on the field goal post. The LB that was guarding him should be able to smash mid dunk.

extreme end zone dance

GMENAGAIN
08-27-2012, 05:47 PM

ha ha . . . . I love that idea.

FBomb
08-27-2012, 05:49 PM

aww...somebody needs a nap.

Laurah1275
08-27-2012, 05:57 PM

So lets a TE catches a pass and goes up to dunk on the field goal post. The LB that was guarding him should be able to smash mid dunk.Hehehe...that's a good one.

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 06:00 PM
I the nicks and cruz need to make their own dance like they tango in the endsone and eli then mixes in would be cool.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-27-2012, 06:03 PM

And before some jump on this ask yourself if you jump up and stomp and dance at your jobAre you a Patriots or Packers fan by any chance? If so I can understand your pain with our Giants!

JesseJames
08-27-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't have a problem with a little celebration after aTD or a very good play, what I do have a problem with is players diving into the seats with the fans as in the Lambeau Leap, thats excessive celebration or delay of game and should be penalized the rest of that stuff is just a little showing off..

fansince69
08-27-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't have a problem with a little celebration after aTD or a very good play, what I do have a problem with is players diving into the seats with the fans as in the Lambeau Leap, thats excessive celebration or delay of game and should be penalized the rest of that stuff is just a little showing off..

Unfortunately that is a long standing tradition and I doubt it will change

Tuckit91
08-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Remember its a game..Let them have fun!

nygiantfanalways
08-27-2012, 06:16 PM
The celebrations are fun too me! As long as they don't get any penalties for excessive celebrations. Come on they need to let the players have little fun out there...

NYG 5
08-27-2012, 07:44 PM
the only thing i want them to stop is the mediocre offensive line play, and the wearing of black cleats with royal blue, bright red, and white uniforms.

PRGiant
08-27-2012, 08:03 PM
It's a sport, it should be fun, don't treat it like your life depends on it. We are all fans here but man, there's more to life than football. If the Giants are loosing/winning by a lot, then shut your mouth and show some class but celebrating is part of the game! Don't bring back the No Fun League.

Captain Chaos
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM
I still love Cofield's "don't taze me Bro" move!! As long it is good natured never demaning, its part of the game!

G.I. Ants
08-27-2012, 08:37 PM
How about synchronized end-zone dance choreographed by tony award winner Bill T. Jones.

SackingMyths
08-27-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't have a problem with the celebrations. Just do them when appropriate and in moderation. Stevie Johnson's "dance" against the Jets last year was in poor taste and not the least bit funny.

Loved how Cruz didn't do his salsa dance when he scored a long TD in NO but we were getting smoked.

G.I. Ants
08-27-2012, 11:22 PM
I don't have a problem with the celebrations. Just do them when appropriate and in moderation. Stevie Johnson's "dance" against the Jets last year was in poor taste and not the least bit funny.

Loved how Cruz didn't do his salsa dance when he scored a long TD in NO but we were getting smoked.The combination dancing in the club/shooting himself in the leg into a flying jet crashing. Even though I laughed, I thought that was tasteless as well.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-27-2012, 11:46 PM

Loved how Cruz didn't do his salsa dance when he scored a long TD in NO but we were getting smoked.I was there and was quite impressed being they handed us our ***'z for the 2nd time in a row at the DOME

myles2424
08-27-2012, 11:59 PM
There's not any point where I remembet a Giants player celebration being tastless or uncalled for....
These guys are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game a lot of us grew up loving....
There's battles going on between WRs & DBs, DEs & OTs,ect all night....
God forbid JPP has an amazing sack that makes the stadium erupt or Cruz has a 99yrd TD & they release their intensity or celebrate us taking the lead,getting a turnover,int,ect....

I'm guessing you've never played sports before, its an electric feeling when you or one of your teammates do something great....

Perhaps you should watch golf or tennis

SackingMyths
08-28-2012, 12:02 AM
I was there and was quite impressed being they handed us our ***'z for the 2nd time in a row at the DOME

Totally. That team's got our #. Love the city, hate the team.

Anyway, Cruz is so mature for his age/experience that it's a wonder that he managed to get booted from school twice. But thank God he learned his lessons and signed with the right team!

jimmie ray
08-28-2012, 12:25 AM
One celebration a while back, that was way over the line, was John Randle lifting his leg like a dog peeing over the sacked QB. I don't remember any retaliation from the other team - but you would think that would incite the guys who were trying to protect him.

njersey
08-28-2012, 12:35 AM
I also don't care for the endzone celebrations.

JesseJames
08-28-2012, 11:53 AM
didn't Parcells tell his players "when you get in the endzone act like you've been there before"

lamas
08-28-2012, 12:17 PM
There should be no cheering in the stands either. Football is serious business, come on people, act like it.

nygpolishpunk
08-28-2012, 12:26 PM
I can't believe all of you fell for it, I think the OP is just trying to stir the pot

NYGNash
08-28-2012, 12:41 PM

Forget Giants changes..... lets see you change that 92 year old woman's attitude of yours....... better yet..... lets see you JUST hand the ball back the ref after an NFL Touchdown catch in front of 80,000+

As long as they stay out of the seats and keep the TD's coming GO NUTS is my advice!

GMan-67
08-28-2012, 03:16 PM
yeah, i'm with you on many points, but with Cruz he is expected now to do his dance and it is a feel good moment for the team and the fans

i would be 100% with you if we had racked up unsportsman like penalties last season ... let's put it this way, most other teams are way worse than us altho the salsa highlight(s) have gone viral

nygon3
08-29-2012, 03:42 AM

Agreed... TC doesn't say anything neither do I... but don't do those certain gestures/actions when we are down thats what i hate and don't understand.... Do it when your in a position to talk #*@(

Rat_bastich
08-29-2012, 03:49 AM

I'll go one better. Ref's hook tazers up to their nipples...if they feel that the celebration is excessive then they pull the trigger and really give them something to celebrate.