PDA

View Full Version : Nicks

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Though Coughlin won't commit, Hakeem Nicks said he expects to get some snaps on Wednesday. #nyg

BlueReign
08-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Are the rest of our starters going to play a little too then? I really don't want to see Nicks go against the Pats' backups because somebody who is trying to make the team is gonna look to make a splash on a NYG starter.

Moke
08-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Did Mike mean, "comment" or did we really mean "commit"?

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Are the rest of our starters going to play a little too then? I really don't want to see Nicks go against the Pats' backups because somebody who is trying to make the team is gonna look to make a splash on a NYG starter.

If this is truly the case I bet the first O plays one series two at the most.

RagTime Blue
08-27-2012, 03:35 PM
If he's fit to play, I hope he does see some action. Even a guy like Hakeem might be a little rusty. Best to shake some of that off in a meaningless game.

ozzie0075
08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Did Mike mean, "comment" or did we really mean "commit"?

I assume the meant "Commit" based on this:

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel
Coughlin on Nicks playing status: "we'll see."

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 03:58 PM
im torn. i'd like to see the 1's go a series, two tops. but i also know injuries are so freakishly random and we could lose a valued player...is the 4th preseason game that much diff than a practice? i mean nicks would face better competition in practice and our guys would know to be extremely careful with him...

Moke
08-27-2012, 04:00 PM
I assume the meant "Commit" based on this:

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel
Coughlin on Nicks playing status: "we'll see."

Ah okay; makes sense now.

BigBlue1971
08-27-2012, 04:01 PM
i prefer the starters sit for this game. i think Nicks being the exception could play a coupla series.

jomo
08-27-2012, 04:08 PM
i prefer the starters sit for this game. i think Nicks being the exception could play a coupla series..........just to knock the rust off. Get in, get out, sit down, next up Dallas.

Moke
08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah. I wouldn't mind Nicks playing a little.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah. I wouldn't mind Nicks playing a little.

Until he gets hit...gets hurt
then every poster on this board will be....." how stupid is Coughlin for playing him in that game"

Moke
08-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Until he gets hit...gets hurt
then every poster on this board will be....." how stupid is Coughlin for playing him in that game"

It happens, it happens. I don't think I'd be that angry and call out Coughlin for it, but honestly, a few minutes to run and get out there wouldn't be a bad idea.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 04:21 PM
It happens, it happens. I don't think I'd be that angry and call out Coughlin for it, but honestly, a few minutes to run and get out there wouldn't be a bad idea.

I am NOT saying I disagree with you........I am just telling what will happen if he gets hurt............every person here will never admit hey wanted him to play but will ***** like hell

Moke
08-27-2012, 04:21 PM
I am NOT saying I disagree with you........I am just telling what will happen if he gets hurt............every person here will never admit hey wanted him to play but will ***** like hell

Yeah, well I'm speaking for myself, not anyone else. I know what you mean, people here tend to get like that.

G.I. Ants
08-27-2012, 04:22 PM
It happens, it happens. I don't think I'd be that angry and call out Coughlin for it, but honestly, a few minutes to run and get out there wouldn't be a bad idea.I agree, lets not get overly sensitive here. He has to prepare to play by getting as many quality reps possible.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Yeah, well I'm speaking for myself, not anyone else. I know what you mean, people here tend to get like that.

second guessing is a fans right ...i just find it funny