PDA

View Full Version : Last RB spot

Moke
08-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Who would you take as the last RB, IF we go 4 backs?

​SORRY GUYS. The question is "who would you want as the last RB spot", NOT "who will be"

Moke
08-27-2012, 04:17 PM
I'd take Bradshaw, Wilson, Brown/Scott

titwio
08-27-2012, 04:20 PM
I'd take Bradshaw, Wilson, Brown/Scott

I'd prefer this too but I think it's going to be AB, Wilson, Ware and Scott (Scott for his speed and upside over Brown)

Ware and Bradshaw will be the short yardage guys and Wilson and Scott will be the outside threats...imo

Giant stuck in Texas
08-27-2012, 04:21 PM
I think we cut ties with Ware and even though I like Brown, I think he goes back to PS. I think the Giants go with speed, plus I like what I've seen out of Scott thus far.

GMENAGAIN
08-27-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd prefer this too but I think it's going to be AB, Wilson, Ware and Scott (Scott for his speed and upside over Brown)

Ware and Bradshaw will be the short yardage guys and Wilson and Scott will be the outside threats...imo
I agree totally . . . althought at first I thought that you meant Andre Brown when you said "AB" . . . . .

BeatYale
08-28-2012, 12:39 AM
I don't see Ware getting cut unless Scott or Brown have been significant enough in blitz pick up during the preseason games.

Toadofsteel
08-28-2012, 12:51 AM
I'm predicting 4 RB + 1 FB, so i'd see Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, and Brown. If we take 5+1 somehow, then Scott gets on. That said, Scott is largely redundant with Wilson now here, and although he's plenty fast, Brown offers a different dimension to the RB unit than Scott can offer. Unless they're planning more FB dives to the Hynocerous, we're going to need that power, as Bradshaw can't stay healthy all the time and Ware, while dependable in pass protection (enough to get him a roster spot), is mediocre as a runner in short yardage.

TL;DR: Scott is the odd man out, unless both Scott and Brown have miraculously learned blitz pickup overnight, in which case Ware gets sent off...

titwio
08-28-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm predicting 4 RB + 1 FB, so i'd see Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, and Brown. If we take 5+1 somehow, then Scott gets on. That said, Scott is largely redundant with Wilson now here, and although he's plenty fast, Brown offers a different dimension to the RB unit than Scott can offer. Unless they're planning more FB dives to the Hynocerous, we're going to need that power, as Bradshaw can't stay healthy all the time and Ware, while dependable in pass protection (enough to get him a roster spot), is mediocre as a runner in short yardage.

TL;DR: Scott is the odd man out, unless both Scott and Brown have miraculously learned blitz pickup overnight, in which case Ware gets sent off...

Brown is not going to make a difference power wise in contrast to what Bradshaw and Ware already bring...Ware put on extra pounds this off season in preparation for Jacobs leaving. When Brown is not playing RB he's certainly not more valuable to the Giants on ST's than Scott would be especially considering Scott's speed. Scott is more valuable in the return game as well as being a gunner.

Just my opinion on the matter for what it's worth but I just don't see what Brown brings to the table that's more valuable than what Scott could bring this team... and in reality how often are they going to turn to Andre Brown in short yardage over Bradshaw and Ware? Andre Brown is expendable IMHO.

ksmooth22
08-28-2012, 01:21 AM

Ware is a great back out of the backfield and the best reciever out of all of these guys, i believe wilson does not have good hands. i love all of our backs dj ware has really proved himself so far and u gotta love the new kid and of course bradshaw i just think bradshaw is declining each year.

ksmooth22
08-28-2012, 01:23 AM
I don't see Ware getting cut unless Scott or Brown have been significant enough in blitz pick up during the preseason games.

WARE is not getting cut guys lets be real, but my question is who do you guys think should be our kick/punt returner? i didnt see hixon do it once, personally i think it should be our 3rd round pick hosely despite the dropped punt, not that serious he didnt do it in college he was probably nervous it was one mistake, lets just hope if he does get the job he doesnt do it come game time, but he is very fast and he is a hard worker.

titwio
08-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Ware is a great back out of the backfield and the best reciever out of all of these guys, i believe wilson does not have good hands. i love all of our backs dj ware has really proved himself so far and u gotta love the new kid and of course bradshaw i just think bradshaw is declining each year.

I actually think Scott has the best hands of the bunch and he was used in more passing situations last year then he was rushing the ball. From what I hear though Ware is the more savvy route runner.

I think Bradshaw will be fine this year...people forget he played on a broken foot when he came back last year. I think having Wilson nipping at his heels is only going to push him this year and they're going to be great duo together. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Toadofsteel
08-28-2012, 01:33 AM
Brown is not going to make a difference power wise in contrast to what Bradshaw and Ware already bring...Ware put on extra pounds this off season in preparation for Jacobs leaving. When Brown is not playing RB he's certainly not more valuable to the Giants on ST's than Scott would be especially considering Scott's speed. Scott is more valuable in the return game as well as being a gunner.

Just my opinion on the matter for what it's worth but I just don't see what Brown brings to the table that's more valuable than what Scott could bring this team... and in reality how often are they going to turn to Andre Brown in short yardage over Bradshaw and Ware? Andre Brown is expendable IMHO.

If Bradshaw and Ware are the best we have power-wise, get ready for a lot of misdirection and plays to the outside. Even with extra weight, I don't see Ware as a genuine short-yardage option. Bradshaw can be good in any yardage situation overall, but he does it going outside. Between Bradshaw Wilson and Ware, i'd take Bradshaw as my short yardage back out of the three, but I'd still add Brown into the mix. Still don't see Ware getting cut at this point due to having blitz pickup down pat. It's his one saving grace, but a very important aspect to have.

Then again, Gilbride called his first FB dive ever last week, so maybe Hynocerous will get some short yardage carries. If we see more of that against the Patriots, that might be the short yardage solution right there...

titwio
08-28-2012, 01:44 AM
If Bradshaw and Ware are the best we have power-wise, get ready for a lot of misdirection and plays to the outside. Even with extra weight, I don't see Ware as a genuine short-yardage option. Bradshaw can be good in any yardage situation overall, but he does it going outside. Between Bradshaw Wilson and Ware, i'd take Bradshaw as my short yardage back out of the three, but I'd still add Brown into the mix. Still don't see Ware getting cut at this point due to having blitz pickup down pat. It's his one saving grace, but a very important aspect to have.

Then again, Gilbride called his first FB dive ever last week, so maybe Hynocerous will get some short yardage carries. If we see more of that against the Patriots, that might be the short yardage solution right there...

I found this stat interesting at Giants101:

Ahmad Bradshaw Scored on 15 of 24 Goal line carries. 62.5%. Good for tops in the NFL in the last 3 years.

Bradshaw was much better at the goal line and had a better percentage than Jacobs so I don't think the Giants will miss him much. Coughlin started going more with Bradshaw in those situations cause Jacobs was actually bad in that role... and judging by Andre Brown's preseason performance, he doesn't look much better either.

rainierjef
08-28-2012, 01:47 AM
bradshaw on he goal line is better cause he's elusive and while the D-Line is crashing he middle he can easily bounce it back out before committing to any specific gap

Toadofsteel
08-28-2012, 02:04 AM
bradshaw on he goal line is better cause he's elusive and while the D-Line is crashing he middle he can easily bounce it back out before committing to any specific gap

This definitely applies... a RB that can easily bounce to the outside isn't as dependent on the O-line as one that runs straight up the middle. But they're still affected. Personally I prefer to see those fade passes... Eli seems very good at those.

MattyD21
08-28-2012, 02:25 AM
i chose Scott just because of his blocked punt, and if their is any way to get onto a team with Coughlin its special teams

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Ware is a lock from where I stand.
He's nothing special but has experience, can pass protect and knows the playbook.

The 4th spot is between Brown and Scott and I'd say Scott.

miked1958
08-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Ware is a lock from where I stand.He's nothing special but has experience, can pass protect and knows the playbook.The 4th spot is between Brown and Scott and I'd say Scott.Agree. Scott!

GameTime
08-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Scoot will be #3 and Brown will be gone......Good Luck Mr. Brown.....