PDA

View Full Version : Chase Blackburn is our MB...

BigBluePoint
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Until Boley gets back or Herzlich gets more seasoning, just give the man his due.

He's not the fastest nor the most athletic, but he's smart, tough and always in the action.

We all seem to be looking for and wanting a more talented MB.

I think we're very lucky to have Chase and he'll rise to the occasion even more when the bright lights go on and we play for real!

GMENAGAIN
08-27-2012, 04:46 PM
I love the guy's heart and tenacity, but I would also love to upgrade that position.

As you say, though, no one has really stepped up and played better than him so far IMO, so it looks like the job is his.

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Chase is very smart that's why he plays so good despite his phsyical defiencies he was a teacher and teaches little kids so he knows how to deal with people.

nhpgiantsfan
08-27-2012, 05:02 PM
I still feel like LB is a position that is not up to Giants standards. Everyone keeps talking about the depth we have at LB. And maybe we do have alot of average or slightly above average depth. But no real stand outs. I've been waiting for this team to get a stud LB ever since Armstead left. Pierce was decent but not a star. I guess we can hope Herzlich can be the next Urlacher, but I think that is asking alot.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 05:04 PM
I still feel like LB is a position that is not up to Giants standards. Everyone keeps talking about the depth we have at LB. And maybe we do have alot of average or slightly above average depth. But no real stand outs. I've been waiting for this team to get a stud LB ever since Armstead left. Pierce was decent but not a star. I guess we can hope Herzlich can be the next Urlacher, but I think that is asking alot.

its the difference between 3-4 and 4-3...our stars are the DE

buster55
08-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Taylor, carson, banks, pepper, reasons, armstead, kelly,van pelt, oh the memories. Giants used to rule the nfl with lb. Miss them all.

WEG313
08-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Of late, the primary problem has been an inability to keep the starting LB corp on the field (due to injuries). Blackburn is solid, but not elite. Boley and Kiwi are both excellent against the run, but stinks at pass coverage. Williams is the opposite, but he did come on strong late last season, so he's still a work in progress. Rivers may very well become the best of the group...and was certainly an all-american talent coming out of college. The key is for the group to be healthy as a unit, so they can grow as a unit, and become better coordinated/synchronized. It's all about communication and being in sync as a unit, as that's hard to do when 1 - 2 are out each week with injuries.

Captain Chaos
08-27-2012, 07:32 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens, especially when Boley returns. You may not be able to ignore Rivers ability and then what do you do? I like Chase, always have, we just have a good problem: alot of good LBs!

RagTime Blue
08-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Last year, Chase was spared the punishment of a full NFL season, and still had fresh legs in the playoffs. This year, I think he sees less action as the year rolls along. I think if Boley, Rivers, and Kiwi are all healthy, then we don't see the coaches making any of them watch from the sidelines. Of course, for 3 guys to stay healthy is a tall order at times.

jomo
08-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Taylor, carson, banks, pepper, reasons, armstead, kelly,van pelt, oh the memories. Giants used to rule the nfl with lb. Miss them all.add Headen and Hunt to that list.............

fansince69
08-27-2012, 10:03 PM
add Headen and Hunt to that list.............

Yeah but they were backups..that could have started for many teams

I would add Pepper Johnson

buster55
08-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Jomo u r correct those two guys very underated could have started and been dominant on other teams.

Redeyejedi
08-28-2012, 08:25 PM
I love the guy's heart and tenacity, but I would also love to upgrade that position.

As you say, though, no one has really stepped up and played better than him so far IMO, so it looks like the job is his.Its like they place next 2 no value on the position at all. In some ways it makes sense as its not a 3 down spot anymore but still.I mean there have been starting quality MLB's available for very little money and they've passed