PDA

View Full Version : Practice 411:: WIll Beatty practices with first unit

RoanokeFan
08-27-2012, 09:07 PM
LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/16283/practice-411-beatty-gets-work-in-with-first-team)

Excerpt: "New York Giants (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants) left tackle Will Beatty (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12610/will-beatty) returned to practice on Monday and got some work in with the first team during the two-minute drill.

Beatty has been in and out of practice with a back injury, which has been hampering him since OTAs.

“He practiced a little bit,” coach Tom Coughlin said, failing to divulge any further details. " Read more...

juice33s
08-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Interestingly when Beatty went in Locklear slid to RT while Diehl went to the bench....

RoanokeFan
08-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Interestingly when Beatty went in Locklear slid to RT while Diehl went to the bench....

Yeah, I'm wondering how long they'll keep DD as a starter? If Beatty heals up, I see Locklear going to RT. Diehl had some problems against the Bears.

Toadofsteel
08-27-2012, 09:17 PM

I thought that was the original idea... Diehl is getting up there, and while still a serviceable backup, I'd rather Beatty/Locklear start at this point...

TheEnigma
08-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I'm wondering how long they'll keep DD as a starter? If Beatty heals up, I see Locklear going to RT. Diehl had some problems against the Bears.

Didn't he miss his block against Peppers on the one play that put us back near the goal line? Just wanting to make sure without having to go back and watch.

I imagine Diehl will be the swing tackle barring any injuries to the OL.

RoanokeFan
08-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Didn't he miss his block against Peppers on the one play that put us back near the goal line? Just wanting to make sure without having to go back and watch.

That's probably the plan. In rotation, Diehl may perform better

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Beatty better be jason peters 2.0 this year huh guys?

titwio
08-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Beatty's back magically felt better after he watched Locklear's solid play against the Bears.

TheEnigma
08-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Beatty's back magically felt better after he watched Locklear's solid play against the Bears.

Haha. He should be worried with his 4 year stint thus far with the Giants but Beatty doesn't come across as the type to milk an injury. Just my take imo.

Antwuan
08-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Good News.

nhpgiantsfan
08-27-2012, 10:04 PM

Yes it was an end around play. Stupid play call considering the field position, but yeah, Peppers totally embarrassed DD and blew the play up.

jomo
08-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Good News.+1........................

TheAnalyst
08-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Needed. Diehl was barely hanging in there last year. Is he getting suspended for the DUI? Also, I thought Dez Bryant was suppose to get suspended as well...

Bigbluefan77
08-27-2012, 11:04 PM
well we went from bad to mediocre at the position
hopefully I'll eat crow by the end of the season though

G.I. Ants
08-27-2012, 11:27 PM
I would be a happy fan if Beatty could stay healthy for a full season. I would also like to see Brewer get some quality reps as well.

Bigbluefan77
08-27-2012, 11:31 PM
I haven't heard about brewer for a while i wonder how his progression is coming along

BigBlue1971
08-27-2012, 11:33 PM

lol. i think so!

Locklear is showing potential at the position and thats a good thing!

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 11:44 PM

lockler has performed better than DD so far. itd make sense that dd and lockler duke it out for the RT WHEN beatty comes back.

im stoked he practiced. i read that it was the plan to rest beattys back n let it get completely healthy in time for opening day. looks like we'll have a pretty sick OL. I THINK beatty boothe baas snee lockler is gonna be effective

giantsfan420
08-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Yes it was an end around play. Stupid play call considering the field position, but yeah, Peppers totally embarrassed DD and blew the play up.

thats not accurate. DD by design was supposed to downblock the DT and leave Peppers unattended in hopes it would trick him into moving down the line towards the run that DD was trying to set up. Peppers is a vet, and didnt bite. u can pick from tons of examples of dd getting embarrassed. that example isnt one of em

ksmooth22
08-28-2012, 05:14 AM

DD sucks , i think hes done, i dont like beaty either, i really dont know about our o-line this year, its kinda scary when you look at it. i am not comfortable with the starting o-line at all.

dave56dj
08-28-2012, 05:18 AM
Locklear played very nicely against the bears, and beatty did well in his limited time as a youngster last year at LT, especially as a pass blocker. Brewer has struggled this year when give snaps and was pretty lousy against the bears 2's and 3's last week. So not much progression in game tape at all. Beatty getting healthy can only add competition and be a good thing for the team.

GMan-67
08-28-2012, 07:09 AM
way to go Beatty, that California King Size mattress must be doing you wonders

RoanokeFan
08-28-2012, 07:31 AM
Needed. Diehl was barely hanging in there last year. Is he getting suspended for the DUI? Also, I thought Dez Bryant was suppose to get suspended as well...

No suspension will be forthcoming from the NFL or the team

RoanokeFan
08-28-2012, 07:33 AM
DD sucks , i think hes done, i dont like beaty either, i really dont know about our o-line this year, its kinda scary when you look at it. i am not comfortable with the starting o-line at all.

You know, you seem to like to rattle cages a lot. Diehl has played everywhere he was asked to play and, in his younger days, did an admirable job. He's coming to the end of his career as happens to the best NFL players. He doesn't "suck." His time has come to turn over the torch.

GMan-67
08-28-2012, 07:47 AM
You know, you seem to like to rattle cages a lot. Diehl has played everywhere he was asked to play and, in his younger days, did an admirable job. He's coming to the end of his career as happens to the best NFL players. He doesn't "suck." His time has come to turn over the torch.

exactly

and the guy won't make a peep if he is demoted, which, of course, we don't know if that is happening ... how many Guards have played LT for 2 Super Bowl champions?