PDA

View Full Version : Prince out now? Who starts Opposite of Webster

ksmooth22
08-28-2012, 04:30 AM
I cant believe Prince is hurt yet again, when we drafted him i thought it was an above average pick, im starting to think this guy is a big bust. Even if he was healthy, I think i would start this hosely kid, he looks awesome in coverage and has tremendous speed but he is hurt as well, i really hope he is ready for the season opener because whos gonna start if he isnt? Coe? Tryon? who would you rather have if Hosely isnt ready? and does anybody know if thomas is coming back this year? i heard he might by like mid-season.

dave56dj
08-28-2012, 05:22 AM
Youre getting that from one play hosley made? The bottom line is the giants coaching staff was gonna have Prince as the starter and hosley as the nickel for a reason. I like that hosley has flashed too but prince was playing with the ones for a reason. It's pretty rough calling a guy a bust after one year (no minicamps) and about 5 actual games played. In that case Manningham was a bust, Eli a bust, Osi a Bust, KP a bust and many more, IT TAKES TIME. Lets see him play a bit before we go throwing around labels. Coe will play on the outside with prince hurt and hosley on the inside if healthy enough. Tryon is getting some snaps with first team too, but I think coe is gonna be the guy - maybe tryon in the nickel if hosley is hurt.

Redeyejedi
08-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Michael Coe, everyone else gets picked on soon as they come into the game. Tryon has been brutal in coverage all preseason

BlueSanta
08-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Injuries happen in football. It is part of the game and ruins some guy's careers. There is no way you can predict it when drafting a guy. It doesnt mean they made a mistake picking him, unless he had a prexisting condition, it just means he was unlucky.

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Coe will likely start.

I think Johnson replacing Amukamara against the Bear was a "live experiment", to see what he could do playing "kinda meaningful" snaps; I think it's clear he's not ready ...

Will Hill took many snaps as slot CB opposing WRs against the Bears. It would be a huge leap of faith for the staff to line him up as the slot CB in the regular season.

I think we're looking at Webster-Coe on base defense, with Johnson coming in on the nickel package. Slot CB is a very tough spot to play, so I'd say Coe will move inside when we play 3 CBs.

titwio
08-28-2012, 10:14 AM
If Hosley was healthy I wouldn't mind him at all on the outside...It's his natural position. He's basically learning the nickel with the Giants and it just so happened he picked it up fast, but he played his whole college career on an island.

The Giants were looking great with the depth they started out with, It's kind of hard to believe these guys are dropping like flies again.. If Webster ever got hurt (knock on wood) the Giants would officially be screwed.

*To answer the OP's question it's Coe followed by Johnson imo...I agree that Tryon looks awful in coverage and Tebow was even completing passes on him. Tryon is nothing more than a good ST's player right now. I doubt he makes the team.

GameTime
08-28-2012, 10:22 AM
I cant believe Prince is hurt yet again, when we drafted him i thought it was an above average pick, im starting to think this guy is a big bust. Even if he was healthy, I think i would start this hosely kid, he looks awesome in coverage and has tremendous speed but he is hurt as well, i really hope he is ready for the season opener because whos gonna start if he isnt? Coe? Tryon? who would you rather have if Hosely isnt ready? and does anybody know if thomas is coming back this year? i heard he might by like mid-season.
where did you see all this "awesome" coverage by Hosely?? Prince has had 2 injuries. It happens.
Coe will start but be on a short leash.....IMO. Better said.....whome ever starts opposite of Webster will be on a short leash

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 10:22 AM
The Giants were looking great with the depth they started out with

I'm still very much surprised to read this.

Webster is the only "battle tested" and healthy CB we ever had this season.

titwio
08-28-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm still very much surprised to read this.

Webster is the only "battle tested" and healthy CB we ever had this season.

Terrell Thomas isn't battle tested? Sure he's coming off an injury but it was from preseason of last year. He's had a whole year of rehab which is more than enough time....and he was supposedly healthy being he was cleared by the doctors to participate fully...so was Prince. That's a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick along with Bruce Johnson (who's in your words, battle tested) and a promising 3rd round rookie.

Sorry but that's more than most teams have and quality depth if you ask me.

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Terrell Thomas isn't battle tested? Sure he's coming off an injury but it was from preseason of last year. He's had a whole year of rehab which is more than enough time....and he was supposedly healthy being he was cleared by the doctors to participate fully...so was Prince. That's a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick along with Bruce Johnson (who's in your words, battle tested) and a promising 3rd round rookie.

Sorry but that's more than most teams have and quality depth if you ask me.

Supposedly being the main word here for Thomas. I never believed he would play before at least october and there we are, he might just be cut tomorrow.
Prince isn't "battle tested" and Johnson hasn't played in 2 years.

Did we have bodies at the start of training camp ? Yes. Depth ? No way.

Itlan
08-28-2012, 10:54 AM
First this guy thinks Bradshaw should be #3 on the depth, now he's saying Prince is a bust after playing 10 games?

Jesus christ. I'm sure he called Eli a terrible player pre-SB42, and was probably clamoring for Coughlin's head.

titwio
08-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Supposedly being the main word here for Thomas. I never believed he would play before at least october and there we are, he might just be cut tomorrow.
Prince isn't "battle tested" and Johnson hasn't played in 2 years.

Did we have bodies at the start of training camp ? Yes. Depth ? No way.

Why wouldn't Thomas play before October? He's had a year to recover and was completely cleared to play and participate fully. So was Prince and Bruce. Prince wasn't battle tested but are you saying a 19th overall 1st round CB is not good to have for depth?

I don't know what more you want...take a look at some other team rosters and see if their secondary is as talented.

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Why wouldn't Thomas play before October? He's had a year to recover and was completely cleared to play and participate fully.

I'm starting to know the New York Football Giants and how they handle injuries .... I "knew" (of course it was more of a supposition) that Thomas wasn't "really" good to go.

So was Prince and Bruce. Prince wasn't battle tested but are you saying a 19th overall 1st round CB is not good to have for depth?

In my mind Amukamara was a starter, not depth.

I don't know what more you want...take a look at some other team rosters and see if their secondary is as talented.

I'm not saying other are better or whatnot. I'm just saying that believing we are "stacked" at CB was wishful thinking.

titwio
08-28-2012, 11:13 AM
In my mind Amukamara was a starter, not depth.

Goes both ways though...if Prince is the starter isn't that nice depth to have Thomas to fall back on...or a veterans in Johnson and Coe who if not for the injuries would not even be thought of as starters right now like they are going into week 1 vs. the Cowboys? Jayron Hosley as well...

I'm not saying other are better or whatnot. I'm just saying that believing we are "stacked" at CB was wishful thinking.

I believe before the injuries this team had great depth at the position meaning they had quality talent behind, waiting in the wings...so to speak.

BigJ
08-28-2012, 12:15 PM
To tell u the tru truth I am disgusted with the CB situation. We started out with Webster, Prince, T2, Hosely. With them, our safteys, our LBs and Dline we have a serious D! Now were down to Coe starting opposite Webster????? If its only for this game ok but if Coe is starting week 1 we are in big trouble, he's not covering Dez or Austin..... He's havung trouble with the second and 3rd string. And anyone talking him up is a fool. Like I said week 1 comes around were all gonna be sorry if he is starting opposite Webster