PDA

View Full Version : Coe, tryon, or bruce johnson, if Hosely cant make it?

ksmooth22
08-28-2012, 04:03 AM
this would be such a tough decision as a coach, all i know is that bruce johnson got burned and had no idea what his assignment was on the brandon marshal touchdown our last pre-season game, i liked this kid but that was scary, he def has speed i just dont think he has a brain, im starting to miss dockery i thought he was a good 4th cornerback, where did he even go? i think coe has looked pretty good, and i love justin tryon he was great on special teams last year til he got hurt i would love to see him in coverage more, i could see us letting one of these guys go and they go somewhere else and kill it.

dave56dj
08-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Kevin Dockery left the giants in 2009 - so thats a ways off - i believe he went to the rams and is now out of the league. A decent nickel nothing special at all.

Coe is the next man up on the outside - but tryon got some snaps out there in practice today as well. Tryon is probably built better for the nickel but the thougis hosley comes back for week one and can man the nickel with either coe or tryon on the outside (most likely coe). Coe did a very nice job when called on in the bears game. Played very physical and had a nice tip, that unluckily went right back to marshall.

I imagine all these guys will take snaps in the Pats game and get a last look there. Hosley is out, but i think coe and tryon will be playing wether they are week one starters or not.

GMan-67
08-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Tryon was pretty impressive in his short stint before getting hurt last season, but yeah it seems to be Coe for now ... i hope he can Coe-ver

it will be interesting with Hosley, but he is obviously going to be a big part of the mix ... gotta love his speed and ball skills, but to have him out there on an island, well that is scary until we see him do it ... be nice to get a break at CB ... we've been real unlucky

Jahh
08-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Coe I think is underrated by most.

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 08:12 AM
I had lots of hope for Tryon.

I watched a DAL - IND games a few weeks back where he almost shut down Bryant (Romo's backup was starting - can't remember his name right now - but still).
The thing is I watched IND @ JAX a little later and he was benched ... so inconsistent but talented, that's why I had hope. Looks like it was misplaced.

Coe is the next man up, but with just 100 snaps played over the last 3 years, it's tough to trust him.

BlueJayC
08-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Tryon played very well before getting hurt last year as did Coe.......Coe looked good last week after Johnson got picked on in the Bears game and subsequently benched......have to agree with dave56dj......Coe on the outside and Tryon in the Nickel......Johnson is the odd man out.

Obviously I think we'd all prefer Prince and Holsey but won't see that tandem together for weeks if not months.

GameTime
08-28-2012, 09:06 AM
the need a good slot CB to keep Rolle at Saftey and I think Coe gets the nod at #2 outside. BUT....whomever get the nod at #2 CB will be on a very short leash anyway....

JesseJames
08-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Bruce Johnson scares me when he is in there...

Bigbluefan77
08-28-2012, 10:39 AM
This CB situation is sketchy at best... any timetable on TT or Prince?

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 10:42 AM
This CB situation is sketchy at best... any timetable on TT or Prince?

My own timetable : week 3 for Amukamara at 100%, Thomas gets cut this week.

wuzpapn
08-28-2012, 10:47 AM
@JesseJames agreed man.

BillTheGreek
08-29-2012, 12:34 AM
# 1 COE

Gooooo GIANTS !

nygon3
08-29-2012, 12:54 AM
I wanted Bing but am a real fan of Tryon especially after showing how tough he is breaking his arm and still playing refusing to come out. I liked Johnson as well but hasn't looked like what i saw flashes of last season. I don't care who wins as long as its the best man for the job and will not get abused come the 5th....

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Bruce Johnson #25 lmao probably the worst CB on the team lol woah.