PDA

View Full Version : prince.

gradstang
12-12-2011, 08:51 PM
its good to see prince playing for big blue but does anybody think this dude is out of shape after missing all that time to his injury. after all he came out of the packer game for being fatigued.

JimC
12-12-2011, 08:54 PM
He is making no positive impact at this point.

gradstang
12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
he looks overweight and out of gas already! this isnt college anymore. these receivers in the nfl are all the real deal!

daynemustgo
12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
The kid is a work in progress...not like they have much a choice given the endless injuries.

JStyle
12-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I agree. I know it's way to early to judge this kid but I'm not gonna lie... I absolutely hated that replay of him getting toasted on that deep ball.

He just looked flat out slow there. Little scary. Because you can't teach speed.

But like I said. We should give him a solid year to develope before we totally criticize him.

jomo
12-12-2011, 08:59 PM
I agree. I know it's way to early to judge this kid but I'm not gonna lie... I absolutely hated that replay of him getting toasted on that deep ball. He just looked flat out slow there. Little scary. Because you can't teach speed. But like I said. We should give him a solid year to develope before we totally criticize him.I agree with all of this but right now he reminds me of an old TV show "Lost in Space."</P>

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqH2_l0jGh7MQKbUMUOA6kntYOZA5Fb o--I6R4UHxwKa3U2_maLA</P>

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Im sorry, anyone who blames him for that long throw knows nothing about covering. Tony Romo had over 6 seconds to throw on that play. No corner in the league can cover a guy for that long consistently.

KidA
12-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I haven't been paying close attention to Prince, but everytime I see him he's trailing a WR by about 5 yards.

nycsportzfan
12-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Im sorry, anyone who blames him for that long throw knows nothing about covering. Tony Romo had over 6 seconds to throw on that play. No corner in the league can cover a guy for that long consistently.
And the kids a rookie in a year being a rookie is a tad harder with no past offseason workouts and he only practiced 1day before injuring his ankle and now is basically his first taste of NFL anything! Hes about as "rookie" as the term can possibly mean!

JStyle
12-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Blue Santa, I have to respectfully disagree. As I know a lot about playing defensive back and know a lot about the position in whole from corner to safety to robber(hybrid safety).

First of all it wasn't over 6 seconds ... It was just barely 5 second from the NBC replay on the broadcast.

Second of all when your covering a man whether it's 2 seconds or 10 seconds you should NEVER be 7-8 steps behind him. That's just BAD no matter how you cut it or analyze it.

5 seconds Is a long time but it's not an eternity extended Michael Vick play...

He is not showing any closing speed at all yet. It's a little scary. Dont forget Desean Jackson had Prince beat by 10 steps and Young under threw him by 15 yards causing Prince to get a lucky interception.

Joe Morrison
12-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I agree. I know it's way to early to judge this kid but I'm not gonna lie... I absolutely hated that replay of him getting toasted on that deep ball. He just looked flat out slow there. Little scary. Because you can't teach speed. But like I said. We should give him a solid year to develope before we totally criticize him.</P>

What is with you people, he came off a broken foot, showed excetional speed a couple weeks ago, aggravated it again last week, the replay cleary shows he is not 100%, how about a little pass rush where Romo doesn't have 5 seconds to let Roberson get that far down the field.</P>

What a bunch of no football intelligent idiots on this site, pay attention to detail, at least fake like you know a little bit about the real game in the NFL, not the one on Madden.</P>

Giant14you
12-12-2011, 09:17 PM
He had insane closing speed with no safety help that would have been a td on Cweb js

slipknottin
12-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Let's not forget he did close and get the receiver out of bounds before the goal line. Looked to me more that he got torched right off the line and just couldnt flip and run and make up that ground fast enough.

Had he got a better jam at the line he would have been in much better position.

JStyle
12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Lol thanks for the name calling bud. Very mature of you.

All I said was his closing speed does not look good at this point. But you can keep making excuses for him.

If you actually read my post you can clearly see that I stated we should give him a solid year before we totally criticize him.

BlueSanta
12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Blue Santa, I have to respectfully disagree. As I know a lot about playing defensive back and know a lot about the position in whole from corner to safety to robber(hybrid safety).

First of all it wasn't over 6 seconds ... It was just barely 5 second from the NBC replay on the broadcast.

Second of all when your covering a man whether it's 2 seconds or 10 seconds you should NEVER be 7-8 steps behind him. That's just BAD no matter how you cut it or analyze it.

He is not showing any closing speed at all yet. It's a little scary. Dont forget Desean Jackson had Prince beat by 10 steps and Young under threw him by 15 yards causing Prince to get a lucky interception.

1)5 seconds is a LONG time to be 1 on 1 with no safety help. There was a TON of real estate back there and nobody can hang that long.(*Note* I just watched the replay again and it was very close to 6 seconds but ill concede 5, as well it was almost 9 seconds till the ball came out of the air. Lastly, prince was never ever 7-8 steps behind.)

2) how does he show no closing speed when by your own words he was 7-8 steps behind him but managed to catch him and push him out of bounds.

3)People need to stop nitpicking., the kid is effectively a rookie in his 4th game amd your already whining about him. Remember, he didnt get any OTAS and he attended 1 practice before his injury. As far as rookie development he is akin to being in the last week of preseason, thats how long he has been in pads and practicing with the team. Yet, here he is playing in what amounts to the playoffs since it is do or die. I said it the moment he got injured but considering they had no offseason practice, no playbook etc this kid's rookie year is effectively lost. Lets give him time to play before we pick him to pieces.

ShakeNBake
12-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Princes' man on said play ran a deep drag and ended up on the other side of the field before he made the reception. 5 seconds to throw the ball is an eternity and if you want to blame someone for that particular play, blame our lack of a pass rush.

buddy33
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Lol. Now he's fat and out of shape? Yeah he really looked it when he chased the WR down. Did you see the game where he chased down McCoy from behind? Of course as was said the DL gave Romo all day to pass that ball and in a league where offense has all the rules favor them, it doesn't favor a rookie staying with his man for long without creating a penalty.

JStyle
12-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Lol I'm not picking him apart all I said was his closing speed looks scary.

I said 1 thing... You guys are way to sensitive about this subject. Lighten up a little. I'm not even the one who started this thread.

When you talk sports you need to realize there's always gonna be someone that disagrees with you. And I'm clearly not the only one who is nervous about Prince sense there are 2 Prince topics currently on this board.

mattajw
12-12-2011, 09:51 PM
work in progress for sure, he will get better, hate that we have to throw him out there and learn like this. But, we are decimated at position, he will need to pick up slack. It is unfortunate he had his injury.

buddy33
12-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Lol I'm not picking him apart all I said was his closing speed looks scary.

I said 1 thing... You guys are way to sensitive about this subject. Lighten up a little. I'm not even the one who started this thread.

When you talk sports you need to realize there's always gonna be someone that disagrees with you. And I'm clearly not the only one who is nervous about Prince sense there are 2 Prince topics currently on this board.

You can have your own opinion, but I don't get how he is slow yet he caught his man from behind when he did get beat and he chased down McCoy this year as well. You do know McCoy is fast right?

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
No OTA's..mini camps..pre-season and more then 50 percent of the regular season.</P>

</P>

GROWING PAINS...and most of you actually thought he was going to come in and ball out.</P>

</P>

JStyle
12-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Yes McCoy is very fast, I agree

GMenFan13
12-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I think cornerback is a much tougher position to translate to from college to the pros rather than maybe defensive end where you only need to push or pass the guy in front of you. These are veteran receievers that have worked on their craft of moves, getting separation, and adjusting routes far longer than Prince's couple of games he's played coming off injury.

If anything give him more time to develop as a player rather than judge the draft pick after a a couple games.

buddy33
12-12-2011, 10:10 PM
No OTA's..mini camps..pre-season and more then 50 percent of the regular season.</P>

*</P>

GROWING PAINS...and most of you actually thought he was going to come in and ball out.</P>

*</P>

Unfortunately they have no choice but to play him now. He did ok against the Eagles, got called on an iffy penalty last week and that TD that was scores on him was not really a TD. Last night was tough, but hopefully if they make the playoffs this stretch of must win games will get him caught up some:

b_ELI_eve
12-12-2011, 10:35 PM
How quickly everyone forgets how long it took Webster to "get it"

BK07071
12-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Cut the kid some slack......ok, I know he is a rookis but damn you guys are already to rip the kis apart. Look he had no training camp to speak of and he's been out for quite some time. Sure he's rusty and a little slow but it's he's fourth game from getting back from an injury. I know it's tough putting in a rookie to replace a guy who was on his way to a pro bowl year. But who else would be a better fit? The kid is getting on the training (so to speak).
You know instead of criticizing him why don't you criticize some of the defensive schemes that are used like a three man rush and dropping 8 into coverasge yet passes are completed to the receiver. Now that requires criticism.

YATittle1962
12-12-2011, 10:57 PM

10 steps?
15 yards?

is there some sort of magnifying glass on your television?

heavyhitter
12-13-2011, 01:43 AM
I'm not going to knock Amukamara because he's a rookie, but he hasn't impressed me one bit. I always thought it was funny how some ppl on here thought he was just as good if not better than Patrick Peterson. Can't blame the Giants FO for taking him in the draft though (he was the BPA, and a steal of a pick) but he has got to step his game up, yes even as a rookie.

Spizi
12-13-2011, 03:24 AM
I'm not going to knock Amukamara because he's a rookie, but he hasn't impressed me one bit. I always thought it was funny how some ppl on here thought he was just as good if not better than Patrick Peterson. Can't blame the Giants FO for taking him in the draft though (he was the BPA, and a steal of a pick) but he has got to step his game up, yes even as a rookie.

Who says he wasn't just as good? Peterson is just so physically gifted that's why he was a top 10 pick. I'm pretty sure I saw him get worked by Hakeem Nicks when we played them.

Itlan
12-13-2011, 04:13 AM
Stupid thread.

Damnit Prince, you're so slow. Only ran a 4.37! Pathetic.

TroyArcher
12-13-2011, 10:09 AM
its good to see prince playing for big blue but does anybody think this dude is out of shape after missing all that time to his injury. after all he came out of the packer game for being fatigued.</P>

He looks slow and lost. I hope he is not a bust. </P>

buddy33
12-13-2011, 01:16 PM
its good to see prince playing for big blue but does anybody think this dude is out of shape after missing all that time to his injury. after all he came out of the packer game for being fatigued.</P>

He looks slow and lost.* I hope he is not a bust.* </P>

Yeah chasing down McCoy a few weeks ago he looked really slow. Even when he chased down the WR this week he looked slow.

Seriously, maybe he is a little list as he is learning but he looks fast to me and he might not even be 100%.