PDA

View Full Version : who will sub in for Kiwi week 1?

Marvelousmik
08-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Rivers, chase, and .....?

I'm guessing the game on Wednesday will decide that

VBGiantsFan
08-28-2012, 10:12 AM
River will take his position, at least in Game 1. Where has J-Will been? Is Boley still set to play in game 1 as well?

Marvelousmik
08-28-2012, 10:14 AM
River will take his position, at least in Game 1. Where has J-Will been? Is Boley still set to play in game 1 as well?

i dont think rivers will play on that side. boley will likely be out, and j will should be playing tomorrow.

fansince69
08-28-2012, 10:16 AM

Last I knew Kiwi's injury is minor and he was sitting as a precaution....has that changed?

GameTime
08-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Last I knew Kiwi's injury is minor and he was sitting as a precaution....has that changed?
strained groin....who knows. Like a hamstring even after it feels better you need extra rest and or it will go again....

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 10:22 AM
That's a good question ... Are we sure Kiwanuka is out ?

Maybe play Herzlich in the middle and move Blackburn at SAM ? Blackburn seemed slow to me, can he cover the ground ? I don't know.

I thought Williams was fine against the run while it was not his 1st job, so they might play him at SAM.
Most likely it would be a combination of things, maybe a safety in the box more often or whatever Fewell comes up with.

Paysinger ? Where has he been getting his reps ? OLB, yes, but WILL or SAM ?

I really doubt that btw.

GameTime
08-28-2012, 10:26 AM
That's a good question ... Are we sure Kiwanuka is out ?

Maybe play Herzlich in the middle and move Blackburn at SAM ? Blackburn seemed slow to me, can he cover the ground ? I don't know.

I thought Williams was fine against the run while it was not his 1st job, so they might play him at SAM.
Most likely it would be a combination of things, maybe a safety in the box more often or whatever Fewell comes up with.

Paysinger ? Where has he been getting his reps ? OLB, yes, but WILL or SAM ?

I really doubt that btw.
cant see Chase playing anything other MLB. Maybe they go with 4-2-5??

titwio
08-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Everything I heard from Kiwi and the staff was that it was a slight groin and not that serious....mostly removed for precaution but that he'd be ready to go by week 1.

I need to stop reading these forums cause there are new threads everywhere talking about replacements this and that...and honestly they're starting to freak me out.

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 10:29 AM
cant see Chase playing anything other MLB. Maybe they go with 4-2-5??

If DeMarco Murray picks up where he left off, we'd be in trouble ...
They'd run for 300y or something and eat that clock like crazy ^^

not that serious
Every injury starts as not serious with NYG ... and then your 1st round CB gets his first snap week 12 or something.

It's like Boley's hammy. It was nothing. Now it's been almost a month.

ozzie0075
08-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Paul Schwartz
2 days ago
Mathias Kiwanuka has dealt with a strained groin injury earlier in his career and so he knows what comes next.
"Unfortunately I’ve been in this situation with the same injury before, and I’ll be back before the first week,'' Kiwanuka said. "Just take a couple of days off, rest it, rehab it, whatever they have scheduled. I actually just told them to look up what they did last time with it, and go from there. I have a timetable, but I do not anticipate being more than a week, week and a half, something like that.'' #nyg

Marvelousmik
08-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Everything I heard from Kiwi and the staff was that it was a slight groin and not that serious....mostly removed for precaution but that he'd be ready to go by week 1.

I need to stop reading these forums cause there are new threads everywhere talking about replacements this and that...and honestly they're starting to freak me out.

I was listening to big blue live this morning and i heard john say something about kiwi not being able to go week 1. Thats why i asked

titwio
08-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Every injury starts as not serious with NYG ... and then your 1st round CB gets his first snap week 12 or something.

So are you concluding that Kiwi won't be ready to play till say...October?

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Paul Schwartz
2 days ago
Mathias Kiwanuka has dealt with a strained groin injury earlier in his career and so he knows what comes next.
"Unfortunately I’ve been in this situation with the same injury before, and I’ll be back before the first week,'' Kiwanuka said. "Just take a couple of days off, rest it, rehab it, whatever they have scheduled. I actually just told them to look up what they did last time with it, and go from there. I have a timetable, but I do not anticipate being more than a week, week and a half, something like that.'' #nyg

Well a "week and half" would mean he won't play against Dallas .... Add the "something like that" and it's really just day to day stuff.

titwio
08-28-2012, 10:40 AM
I was listening to big blue live this morning and i heard john say something about kiwi not being able to go week 1. Thats why i asked

Oh no worries. I just really need to stay away from threads involving injuries in general...too depressing..lol

GameTime
08-28-2012, 10:40 AM
If DeMarco Murray picks up where he left off, we'd be in trouble ...
They'd run for 300y or something and eat that clock like crazy ^^

was going to add to the post that they would have to see what Murray is like......
Jerry is going to want to light up the Giants. I am sure he will have his say in the game plan. Romo will try and throw deep often I think.
Will be a "see what we can do game" for the first quarter for both teams. Although I can see the Giants D wanting to put a few good licks on Romo from the get go....

ozzie0075
08-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Well a "week and half" would mean he won't play against Dallas .... Add the "something like that" and it's really just day to day stuff.

Depends what he means by that. If he means week and half from the injury he would be back for the game. But all the reports I have read said he should be ready to go so we will see what happens. If he can't go who knows what the starting LB will look like for Dallas with the injuries to Williams and Boley we may see a starting trio of Blackburn, Rivers and either Herzlich or Paysinger.

GameTime
08-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Luckily no Witten.....so that will help out the Giants LBs a bit.....

titwio
08-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Luckily no Witten.....so that will help out the Giants LBs a bit.....

No Jay Ratliff should help the O-line and run game too...but that's for another thread. :)

TheAnalyst
08-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Kiwi, Boley and J Will are all hurting.... But sounds like Kiwi and JWill will be ready. Boley may have to sit and I am all for it until he is 100% so he doesnt re injure that hammy.

TheAnalyst
08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Luckily no Witten.....so that will help out the Giants LBs a bit..... Thats not official yet. Witten was lightly practicing yesterday.

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I think Williams is back out there - may not be 100% though.

ryan12
08-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Giants | Four injured defenders expected to play in opener

Mon, 27 Aug 2012 19:05:53 -0700

New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said Monday, Aug. 27, that he expects LB Mathias Kiwanuka (groin), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (back), DE Osi Umenyiora (knee) and DE Justin Tuck (shoulder) to all play in the regular season opener Wednesday, Sept. 5, against the Dallas Cowboys.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Mike M***eo

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl/new-york-giants#ixzz24r5j41CV

giantsfan420
08-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Giants | Four injured defenders expected to play in opener

Mon, 27 Aug 2012 19:05:53 -0700

New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said Monday, Aug. 27, that he expects LB Mathias Kiwanuka (groin), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (back), DE Osi Umenyiora (knee) and DE Justin Tuck (shoulder) to all play in the regular season opener Wednesday, Sept. 5, against the Dallas Cowboys.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Mike M***eo

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl/new-york-giants#ixzz24r5j41CV
wtf? they all looked fine vs Chicago. Where'd all these issues come from? They'd better all play...

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 11:51 AM
I think they're just resting the DEs, only Kiwanuka is "really" hurt.

Jiffy Jeff
08-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Seawright.

Marvelousmik
08-28-2012, 12:48 PM
wtf? they all looked fine vs Chicago. Where'd all these issues come from? They'd better all play...

looks like tuck will always have that shoulder problem, osi will always have that knee problem, kiwi will always have that groin problem, boley will always have that hamstring problem, and prince will always have foot problem lol.

No, but on a serious note, i guess the saying that you can never be 100% in the NFL is true. i wouldnt be surprised if they're other players who are sore but arent letting the trainers and coaches know.

I hope our starters play 1 series at most on wednesday

ryan12
08-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Seawright.

the legend of jonas lives

dave56dj
08-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Yikes people need to relax -here is your most up to date injury report.

Boley - Did some straight ahead running yesterday and its a sign he will soon get ready for cutting and exploding off the hammy - but may not be ready week one - Rivers is up and has looked good.

Jwill - Looks like he is ready to go and practiced well yesterday - should play in NE game and ready for week 1.

Kiwi - Will rest all week in prep for week one - not a definite but he thinks he can be ready barring a setback.

osi - had knee swell a but - went to hss as a precaution - does't look too serious- should rest this week and good to go week one.

Tuck - went to hss for shoulder check up - should be fine week one.

nygon3
08-29-2012, 02:15 AM

Kiwi is going to play its more ilke who will play for Boley... Im going J-Will on that... Rivers-Blackburn-J-Will... that speed on the outside both sides and hopefully Blackburn won't get abused in coverage and look like the SB and playoff version of himself...