PDA

View Full Version : Will C-Web be playing sides or receivers?

NYG4lifeNYK
08-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Last season he played the best receiver all throughout the game. Wherever Fitz, Marshall, Stevie Johnson, Maclin, Jennings, etc.. lined up Webster shadowed them.

I HOPE Fewell lets Webster do what he does again this year. In pre season he wasn't but I'm wondering if we just wanted Prince to be challenged.

ny06
08-28-2012, 01:51 PM
You just answered your own question. Of course our best corner (Webster) will be on the opposing teams best wr.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-28-2012, 03:49 PM
You just answered your own question. Of course our best corner (Webster) will be on the opposing teams best wr.

Yea, let's just say I would "confidently assume" Fewell would allow him to.

Like I said I think we just wanted Prince to be tested in pre season which is why Prince was on Brandon Marshall.

RoanokeFan
08-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Lights out football!

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Well we send our CB1 against the opponent's WR1 the 2nd most in the NFL, I don't see that changing much next season.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Well we send our CB1 against the opponent's WR1 the 2nd most in the NFL, I don't see that changing much next season.

I always knew Gilbride posted here under an "anonymous name"... just never knew which till now

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 04:19 PM
I always knew Gilbride posted here under an "anonymous name"... just never knew which till now

Yeah, that's it, I'm Kevin Gillbride !

What's your point ?

Drez
08-28-2012, 04:40 PM
I think a lot of that depends on how Prince/the other outside corner performs. If they struggle, Webster will likely shadow the other team's number 1. If they hold their own, he'll play his side.

Drez
08-28-2012, 04:41 PM
That was an exception last year. Typically, we have our guys play sides, but Ross was so awful we had no other choice but to make sure Webster followed the other team's #1.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Yeah, that's it, I'm Kevin Gillbride !

What's your point ?

shotgundraw (http://boards.giants.com/member.php?147034-shotgundraw)
http://boards.giants.com/images/statusicon/user-online.png

I feel disappointed I have to explain this to you :angry:

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
That was an exception last year. Typically, we have our guys play sides, but Ross was so awful we had no other choice but to make sure Webster followed the other team's #1.

Fewell's been here 2 years, one we played side, one we didn't. CB will most likely be a weakness this season, so I think we'll see Webster against the top receiver most of the time.

Bigbluefan77
08-28-2012, 04:46 PM
I hope he follows the ones, he has shown the capability to hold up against even the best receivers in the league...
he really is an underrated CB

dave56dj
08-28-2012, 05:03 PM
1) I think he is referring to your handle of shotgun draw.

2) Webby probably does play sides with prince hurt - which means he goes against dez week one and coe lines up with miles if he is playing. Not an easy matchup either as austin at full speed is very fast and shifty - but dez is just as fast and big too.

3) No witten would help as the giants can use more underneath coverage to help out against the short stuff that miles likes to run.

nygon3
08-29-2012, 02:19 AM
Last season he played the best receiver all throughout the game. Wherever Fitz, Marshall, Stevie Johnson, Maclin, Jennings, etc.. lined up Webster shadowed them.

I HOPE Fewell lets Webster do what he does again this year. In pre season he wasn't but I'm wondering if we just wanted Prince to be challenged.

I sure hope so... with all these injuries to the CB position we are going to need him to make sure he's taking the # 1.. can't afford mismatches right now when our #4 is our # 2 with Hosley out with turf toe up til this point and Amukumara out...