PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cooley?

Eli TO Shockey
08-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Now, I am not one to throw out names every time a player gets cut or becomes a free agent..

(wait for it)

BUT, We need depth at TE....If he is half the player he used to be, he will be more than serviceable as the black unicorns backup.

Adrien Robinson needs more time to develop.

Bear Pascoe..while solid...isnt much of a receiving threat.

Makes sense to me...

not to mention, this can be revenge for cofield!!!

thoughts?

jax5338
08-28-2012, 03:33 PM
im a big fan of cooley, but i dont think it's going to happen. all giants TE/FB/H-backs are block first guys except for beckum and i really don't feel cooley will be utilized to his fullest. i feel the same way about beckum, and i think cooley would end up getting the minimal snaps beckum would have got, and probably costing more money too.

Eliscruzzz
08-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Now, I am not one to throw out names every time a player gets cut or becomes a free agent..

(wait for it)

BUT, We need depth at TE....If he is half the player he used to be, he will be more than serviceable as the black unicorns backup.

Adrien Robinson needs more time to develop.

Bear Pascoe..while solid...isnt much of a receiving threat.

Makes sense to me...

not to mention, this can be revenge for cofield!!!

thoughts? No way I don't want him I'm happy with the black unicorn and pascoe as his backup I'd rather just switch Henry Hynoski to TE lol. plus Chris Cooley is a computer perv.

giantsfan420
08-28-2012, 03:34 PM
cooley can block. they moved him to FB part time when F.Davis played well.
I'm more interested in whether or not he's healthy. Cooley does have game. if we can get him cheap to be our backup, it'd bolster the TE unit.

GMan-67
08-28-2012, 03:36 PM
ha, knew this was coming ... thing is, who do you cut Pascoe or Robinson?

Cooley admitted that he stopped working hard ... that scares me

Toadofsteel
08-28-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm fine with Unicorn/Bear/Whatever animal Robinson is...

B-Red22
08-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Any TE's with the giants are always run block first, and Cooley is nothing but a reciever.

Eli TO Shockey
08-28-2012, 03:40 PM

wow I havent heard that before. When did this happen?

Eli TO Shockey
08-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Any TE's with the giants are always run block first, and Cooley is nothing but a reciever.

Players dont get switched to FB if they cant block. Cooley is an above average blocking TE.

manning to shockey
08-28-2012, 03:41 PM

lmao @ "Whatever animal Robinson is"

RoanokeFan
08-28-2012, 03:42 PM

Let's go for pit bull

Rat_bastich
08-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Let's go for pit bull

Oh...no....stay away from Philly!

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Do we even got the money ?

Bigbluefan77
08-28-2012, 04:04 PM
ill pass on cooley
and don't forget about beckum

NYG4lifeNYK
08-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Cooley is a very good blocker and would be a nice addition and more serviceable than Bear.

We could cut Bear and pick him up again if need be. No team is going to sign him.

thomsoad
08-28-2012, 04:21 PM

I seriously doubt this...seriously doubt.
Cooley loves the Redskins...he was willing to go thru great lengths just to stay with that team. He loved the Skins enuf that he woulda busted his *** just get them a SB trophy. So unless you can dig a link...thats just pure BS.

That being said...i wouldnt want him on this team...he truly is a Skin fan as well as a player thru and thru.

Eli TO Shockey
08-28-2012, 04:21 PM
ill pass on cooley
and don't forget about beckum

What on earth makes you think beckum will somehow become an NFL caliber player. Especially after an ACL tear.

Eli TO Shockey
08-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Cooley loves the Redskins...he was willing to go thru great lengths just to stay with that team. He loved the Skins enuf that he woulda busted his *** just get them a SB trophy. So unless you can dig a link...thats just pure BS.

That being said...i wouldnt want him on this team...he truly is a Skin fan as well as a player thru and thru.

So was lavar arrington.

BlueJayC
08-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Cooley is a head case......and a moron.....and his brother follows him around with a cam ALL the time......so if you think Weatherford's video was too behind the scenes then forget it......he wants to be a reality star more than a football player - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ6Q6eWXHmw

G.I. Ants
08-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Cooley is a head case......and a moron.....and his brother follows him around with a cam ALL the time......so if you think Weatherford's video was too behind the scenes then forget it......he wants to be a reality star more than a football player - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ6Q6eWXHmwHe is not a head case. He is a clown, but his skills are diminishing making him not worth it.

JesseJames
08-28-2012, 05:06 PM

there is no such thing as team loyalty in todays NFL, its all about money and Cooley will go where his paycheck is, now having said that I wouldn't mind seeing Cooley backing up Bennett. Cooley is an experienced vet at a position where we could use a talented backup...

Jiffy Jeff
08-28-2012, 05:29 PM

Yeah.......I'd rather have Pascoe as a number two than Cooley anyhow. It's a perennial youth movement with this league, and I'd just as soon take the younger and hungrier guy.

jimmie ray
08-28-2012, 07:47 PM
The only way this thought might sway me, is if he was at one time, a Giant killer - but I don't recall that at all...