PDA

View Full Version : It Looks like things Aren't Looking Good for the Giants by these Experts.

Diamondring
08-28-2012, 05:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055551/article/new-york-giants-philadelphia-eagles-at-risk-of-missing-playoffs?module=HP11_content_stream

JesseJames
08-28-2012, 05:18 PM
there are no experts just over paid people with opinions just like ours..

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Way too long a read at this our, but there's no way both Eagles and Giants miss the playoffs, wth ?

I'm still on 9-7 no playoffs for us this season. And I don't really care. We just one the SB, who am I to expect them to repeat ?

Would I love it ? You bet. But let's be real. We had, what ?, 6 4th QTR comeback ? A 80% recovery rate on fumble over the last 8 games ? Those are "luck" stats that won't repeat themselves.

G.I. Ants
08-28-2012, 05:23 PM
They do have a tough schedule and recent history has shown that the previous years world champions have failed in attempts to capture similar success so I am not surprised the at all by experts' opinions. It is proving the doubters wrong by winning much sweeter.

rainierjef
08-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Way too long a read at this our, but there's no way both Eagles and Giants miss the playoffs, wth ?

I'm still on 9-7 no playoffs for us this season. And I don't really care. We just one the SB, who am I to expect them to repeat ?

Would I love it ? You bet. But let's be real. We had, what ?, 6 4th QTR comeback ? A 80% recovery rate on fumble over the last 8 games ? Those are "luck" stats that won't repeat themselves.

Clay matthews?!?! is that you?

Laurah1275
08-28-2012, 05:45 PM

Would I love it ? You bet. But let's be real. We had, what ?, 6 4th QTR comeback ? A 80% recovery rate on fumble over the last 8 games ? Those are "luck" stats that won't repeat themselves.I love Big Blue but, real talk

GameTime
08-28-2012, 05:47 PM
3 said they would make the playoffs and 3 didnt......big deal....

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Clay matthews?!?! is that you?

It's just maths really. Fumbles go 50-50 for recoveries. When you recover something like 80% (I didn't check the numbers, but it felt that way), you can't expect it to continue much longer. Close games (which 4th QTR comebacks are) are just so dependent on little things that you're supposed to win half, lose half. We won "too many" last season.

It's just like Manning's 25 INT in 2010, it was a statistical aberration and sure enough, Manning went back to his average

WEG313
08-28-2012, 05:58 PM
These so-called experts never learn; they pick the Cowboys just about every single season based on offensive talent at the skill positions. Coaching matters...heart and will to win matters...and player development matters. Everyone is assuming the Cowboys will suddenly and miraculously have a Top 5 - 10 defense. Sorry, I just don't buy it. Carr may be a solid addition, but Clayborn is a rookie...and aside from Ware and Lee, their front 7 doesn't scare anyone.

shotgundraw
08-28-2012, 06:00 PM
These so-called experts never learn; they pick the Cowboys just about every single season based on offensive talent at the skill positions. Coaching matters...heart and will to win matters...and player development matters. Everyone is assuming the Cowboys will suddenly and miraculously have a Top 5 - 10 defense. Sorry, I just don't buy it. Carr may be a solid addition, but Clayborn is a rookie...and aside from Ware and Lee, their front 7 doesn't scare anyone.

Having Rob Ryan as DC pretty much prevents the Cowboys from having a top 10 defense ....

Tuckit91
08-28-2012, 06:08 PM
I am a self proclaimed expert to..So I say the Giants go 13-3 and win another Super Bowl!!

TheEnigma
08-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Wow, that's just unfortunate.

Should we just forfeit this season and try again next year?

RoanokeFan
08-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Thank God, we're underdogs once again. Super Bowl, here we come.

Diamondring
08-28-2012, 06:27 PM
3 said they would make the playoffs and 3 didnt......big deal....I guess we still need to red front cause the title was just mocking these so call experts. I never thought this was a big deal in the first place even if they all picked against the Giants.

WEG313
08-28-2012, 06:27 PM
The guy said the Giants did not improve, but upon much closer analysis-- and considering all our injuries last season-- that just is not true. I think we'll be stronger in the OL, DL, LB, TE and even RB. Alll the pragnosticators do is look at the 9-7 regular season record, and fail to recognize that the Giants not only had the hardest schedule in the NFC LAST season, but the overlook the extent of the injury problem over the first two-thirds of last year. We lost virtually our entire CB and LB corp (save for Webster), and both Tuck and Osi were fighting injuries (or out) for much of that time. Bradshaw was playing with an injured toe for most of the season, and the OL was in shambles. Heck, Nicks and Manningham each missed 2+ games.

Giantsfan241
08-28-2012, 07:05 PM
stop posting these trash articles please waste of space on these precious boards, no offense to you of course.

derekunion28
08-28-2012, 10:10 PM
pick us to stink please

egyptian420
08-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Who honestly cares....If we play better than the other teams, we'll win....last year has nothing to do with this one, we could very well play dominant all season then fail at the end or we can play like garbage for the majority of the season then get hot in the playoffs like we've done before...

Predictions are useless, if anyone's predictions were accurate even 80% of the time, they'd be in Vegas becoming millionaires

krygny
08-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Enough with the schedule, already. They all won't have the same records they did last year. Some will be better, some will be worse. Sometimes a schedule that looks brutal at the beginning of the season doesn't look so bad halfway through.

Cloud57
08-28-2012, 10:41 PM
If we win the NFC East I'll be happy

Giantsfan241
08-28-2012, 11:11 PM
hear me out guys we won in 86 and 90 right and then we won in 07 and 11 do you think we will have a 17 year drought again? thanks go gmen.

BillTheGreek
08-29-2012, 12:43 AM
I am a self proclaimed expert to..So I say the Giants go 13-3 and win another Super Bowl!!

Your Half Right , they will go > 14 & 2 and win another Super Bowl!! lol

GO G-MEN !