PDA

View Full Version : don't get me wrong...

blueomaha
08-28-2012, 10:35 PM
i love Nicks but Cruz looks like a number 1....go ahead, flame away....

NYG4lifeNYK
08-28-2012, 10:37 PM
And Nicks doesn't?

Nicks is top 5 caliber

I agree Cruz is a STAR but why the Nicks reference?

GoDeep80
08-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Cruz looks like a #1, Nicks IS a #1

Moke
08-28-2012, 10:39 PM
He's saying Cruz is better than Nicks which might be debatable if there are certain outcomes by the end of this year. We shall see.

This will get real interesting after this season for sure.

ashleymarie
08-28-2012, 10:41 PM

FLAME. FLAME. FLAME. :lmao:

Luckily we have both. :D

Moke
08-28-2012, 10:44 PM
FLAME. FLAME. FLAME. :lmao:Luckily we have both. :D Cut it out with the Andy dalton **** yo. :D

GameTime
08-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Cruz 1 or 2
Nicks 1 or 2...
doesnt matter one bit.....lables mean nothing

Carter.525
08-28-2012, 10:48 PM
1A Nicks
1B Cruz

Sundown
08-28-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm trying to figure who gave this thread 5 stars!? ha

Giantsfan241
08-28-2012, 10:54 PM
nicks 1
cruz 2
no question about it

derekunion28
08-28-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm trying to figure who gave this thread 5 stars!? ha plus 1.........

fansince69
08-28-2012, 11:03 PM
I do not care who is 1 and who is 2 but I do know they are the best PAIR of receivers I have ever seen play for the Giants......and I have been watching a long time...although not as long as a couple of people o on here..

ashleymarie
08-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Cut it out with the Andy dalton **** yo. :D

Had to use it. First time it has worked in awhile. :)

RagTime Blue
08-28-2012, 11:40 PM
I think if Cruz was the #1 pick, and Nicks was the UDFA, people would consider Cruz the #1 guy.
But Nicks has the pedigree that people prefer.

Team receiving record and All Pro. . .not too shabby.

Hope they both stay on the squad and stay healthy for a long long time.

berya
08-28-2012, 11:42 PM

+1. Well said.

YATittle1962
08-29-2012, 12:01 AM
all this #1 , #2 stuff doesn't mean a whole lot

but what I will say is that they each have their strengths when it comes to certain routes

they both can run all the routes ...which is great for the Giants offense and keeping opposing defenses off balance

...but Nicks definitely runs the outside routes better

...and Cruz runs the inside routes in traffic, and adjusting off picks better

we are blessed to have these guys

in my 52 years of watching this team I have never seen a better tandem in blue

jomo
08-29-2012, 12:04 AM
all this #1 , #2 stuff doesn't mean a whole lot

but what I will say is that they each have their strengths when it comes to certain routes

they both can run all the routes ...which is great for the Giants offense and keeping opposing defenses off balance

...but Nicks definitely runs the outside routes better

...and Cruz runs the inside routes in traffic, and adjusting off picks better

we are blessed to have these guys

in my 52 years of watching this team I have never seen a better tandem in blueSimple truth YA

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 12:05 AM
YA, i think one day they will be considered one of the best tandems, not just of the Giants, but football, of all time.

they ARE that young and that good.

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 12:05 AM
YA is the 3rd best poster on this board after rf and harooni thank you YA for being a great human being much love go gmen.

pj18
08-29-2012, 12:06 AM
This is a good "problem" to have.

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 12:17 AM
HAHAHAHA yes very good "problem" pj you get a + good job much love go gmen

Marvelousmik
08-29-2012, 12:50 AM
cruz is easily the better wr but they're both great

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 01:34 AM
cruz is easily the better wr but they're both great
wow no this is false - for you

Toadofsteel
08-29-2012, 01:42 AM
1A Nicks
1B Cruz

This. In a direct competition Nicks will edge out Cruz. However, both of them would be far and away starters on most teams in the NFL. Only the likes of Megatron or Larry Fitzgerald would beat these guys out. It really works like the Gronk/Hernandez thing the Pats have going, but with wideouts instead of TE's.

nygon3
08-29-2012, 01:45 AM

its not fair to compare when cruz goes against LB's and 3rd and 4th string CB's... Nicks faces the best CB every game although when Cruz is on the outside or has double coverage or a safety shadowed over him he gets increased attention which he consistently beats... but simultaneously Nicks beats double and triple coverage.. I just hope they stay healthy and Giants for Life!!!!

BurnerNYG
08-29-2012, 02:34 AM
cruz is easily the better wr but they're both greatOh, so you're finally coming to agreement I see.

shotgundraw
08-29-2012, 04:31 AM
its not fair to compare when cruz goes against LB's and 3rd and 4th string CB's... Nicks faces the best CB every game although when Cruz is on the outside or has double coverage or a safety shadowed over him he gets increased attention which he consistently beats... but simultaneously Nicks beats double and triple coverage.. I just hope they stay healthy and Giants for Life!!!!

Since when do WR #2 get covered by LBs and 3rd and 4th string CBs ? The nickel CB is not a slouch anymore (if they ever were).

Remember his day in SF when he had Carlos Rodgers all over him (well, trying to stay all over him ...) ? And in GB, when it was Charles Woodson, one of the best at covering the slot ?

Nicks had a great postseason, maybe it had somthing to with other teams double teaming Cruz on some plays ...

Cruz runs perfect routes, makes great moves, is physical and works hard. He's a true top 15 wide receiver and he'll show it this year. He won't go 1500y but I'm fully expecting 1200+ yards from him again.

OX1
08-29-2012, 04:51 AM
YA is the 3rd best poster on this board after rf and harooni thank you YA for being a great human being much love go gmen.

Yeah, but how well does he type the outside forum routes.

tonyt830
08-29-2012, 07:16 AM
This is a good "problem" to have.agreed! Opposing teams can pick their poison, and if you double team either guy, that leaves someone else 1 on 1.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 07:31 AM

This numbering crap is foolish. They are primed to be the best tandem in the NFL. They are 1A and 1B if you have to have numbers.

GoDeep80
08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
But honestly this is a problem for the defenses to figure out.

ryan12
08-29-2012, 10:05 AM
bottom line they are bolth of them are beasts... cruz has more homerun ability and nicks has great hands and runs cripser routes... we have the best duo of wr in the nfl

Marvelousmik
08-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Oh, so you're finally coming to agreement I see.

Lol, all you have to do is look at the tape.

miked1958
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
FLAME. FLAME. FLAME. :lmao:Luckily we have both. :D Yes it's a great problem to have. And I have a feeling another will emerge this year like Cruz did. Will it be RR, barden, Hixon, Douglas. Will see

Marvelousmik
08-29-2012, 10:29 AM

There is more coverage over the middle to worry about. Playing the slot is a much harder task in the NFL. Besides, Cruz has made some of the best corners in this league look really bad so far. He abused namdi, carlos rodgers( who straight up said, i cant hold that guy i need help). Hes made plays against newman, porter, hes definitely gone up against number 1 corners. We all love nicks and yes he was with us first through the rough times. Im a big fan of nicks myself. Hes soft spoken, he doesnt complain or get into any trouble. He just handles his business. Hes perfect. The perfect receiver for Eli.

But lets keep it real. Cruz can leave you in the dust on a go route, he can juke ur socks off with an inside move (with or without the ball in his hands), and he can go up and make a tough catch over a defender. He can do it all and i dont know if there is a corner who can cover him 1on1.

SweetZombieJesus
08-29-2012, 11:37 AM
This is a good problem to have, is it not?

It's all the more enjoyable because they are two different styles of receiver... One's a prototypical big-time WR who is a first round pick, the other an unpredictable freak who went undrafted...

gmen46
08-29-2012, 04:03 PM
There is more coverage over the middle to worry about. Playing the slot is a much harder task in the NFL. Besides, Cruz has made some of the best corners in this league look really bad so far. He abused namdi, carlos rodgers( who straight up said, i cant hold that guy i need help). Hes made plays against newman, porter, hes definitely gone up against number 1 corners. We all love nicks and yes he was with us first through the rough times. Im a big fan of nicks myself. Hes soft spoken, he doesnt complain or get into any trouble. He just handles his business. Hes perfect. The perfect receiver for Eli.

But lets keep it real. Cruz can leave you in the dust on a go route, he can juke ur socks off with an inside move (with or without the ball in his hands), and he can go up and make a tough catch over a defender. He can do it all and i dont know if there is a corner who can cover him 1on1.

This is all true of Cruz, certainly in 2011.

But it's interesting to note that, even though it's been just pre season, with no Nicks to balance Cruz, this summer Cruz has looked more like Steve Smith--ultra reliable, Eli's go-to guy he can count on to catch the ball, but with little-to-no yards after the catch. Presumably because with no Nicks to worry about, the defenses' starters have been able to key solely on Cruz.

They haven't been able to prevent many Cruz receptions, but have blanketed him successfully in order to prevent yacs. With Nicks back in the game, choices will have to be made by defenses, and we should again see Cruz get his yacs, while Nicks makes his big plays. Nicks is no slouch with his yacs, either.

ashleymarie
08-29-2012, 04:22 PM
.50A + .50A = 1 fearsome Tandem.