PDA

View Full Version : Love this - Sums up Eli

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
<DIV class=tweet-content>
<DIV class=tweet-row><SPAN class=tweet-user-name>From Twitter:</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV class=tweet-row><SPAN class=tweet-user-name></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV class=tweet-row><SPAN class=tweet-user-name>AKinkhabwala (https://twitter.com/#!/AKinkhabwala)<SPAN class=tweet-full-name>Aditi Kinkhabwala</SPAN></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV class=tweet-corner>
<DIV class=tweet-meta><SPAN class=icons>
<DIV class=extra-icons><SPAN class="inlinemedia-icons js-icon-container"></SPAN></DIV></SPAN></DIV></DIV>
<DIV class=tweet-row>
<DIV class="tweet-text js-tweet-text">Coughlin on Eli: "Sometimes I wish I was in that huddle so I could hear what's being said" LG Snee: "Nothing. He calls out the protections"</DIV></DIV>
<DIV class=tweet-row><SPAN class="_timestamp js-tweet-timestamp" title="1:08 AM, Dec 12th" data-time="1323670088000" data-long-form="true">21 hours ago</SPAN> (https://twitter.com/#!/AKinkhabwala/status/146109055360966656)<SPAN class="tweet-actions js-actions" data-tweet-id="146109055360966656"><SPAN class="tweet-action action-favorite"><SPAN>Favorite</SPAN> (https://twitter.com/#)</SPAN><SPAN class="tweet-action action-retweet"><SPAN>Retweet</SPAN> (https://twitter.com/#)</SPAN><SPAN>Reply</SPAN> (https://twitter.com/#)</SPAN></DIV></DIV>

Rusty192
12-12-2011, 10:39 PM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!

DragonSoul
12-13-2011, 03:05 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!
He was/is the perfect fit for the NYG. EA did a masterful job with him. To bad we lost him.

EA made our QB probs go away for nearly a decade in a half if we are lucky and people may forget if it was not for him we would not have a rotation of DE superstars on our line (even though a few are hurting atm due to injuries) including JPP. Because w/o EAs philosophy Reese would never have went and taken JPP last year.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 03:08 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!
He was/is the perfect fit for the NYG. EA did a masterful job with him. To bad we lost him.

EA made our QB probs go away for nearly a decade in a half if we are lucky and people may forget if it was not for him we would not have a rotation of DE superstars on our line (even though a few are hurting atm due to injuries) including JPP. Because w/o EAs philosophy Reese would never have went and taken JPP last year.Aww man be quiet. Reese is a great GM... some of you guys are blind. You act like it was hard to wanna draft a Manning.

yoeddy
12-13-2011, 06:01 AM
I read somewhere that he said "let's go win this" in the first huddle on the final drive...

SweetZombieJesus
12-13-2011, 08:52 AM
You act like it was hard to wanna draft a Manning.

How long have you been a Giants fan? The Giants NEVER make big draft day trades like that. NEVER. They are always conservative and do the best with what they've got.

Trading for Eli (he was drafted #1 by San Diego) was a bold move very uncharacteristic of the Giants.

Giantsin04
12-13-2011, 09:00 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!

EA made our QB probs go away for nearly a decade in a half if we are lucky and people may forget if it was not for him we would not have a rotation of DE superstars on our line (even though a few are hurting atm due to injuries) including JPP. Because w/o EAs philosophy Reese would never have went and taken JPP last year.Aww man be quiet. Reese is a great GM... some of you guys are blind. You act like it was hard to wanna draft a Manning.

Not saying that Reese is a bad gm, far from. But, what exactly has he done to warrant being called great? I point to an offensive line that has deteriorated in front of our eyes and a defense that has been embarrassing under two different coordinators.

nygfanmaybe
12-13-2011, 09:02 AM

How long have you been a Giants fan?* The Giants NEVER make big draft day trades like that.* NEVER.* They are always conservative and do the best with what they've got.

Trading for Eli (he was drafted #1 by San Diego) was a bold move very uncharacteristic of the Giants.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

Morehead State
12-13-2011, 09:03 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!
He was/is the perfect fit for the NYG. EA did a masterful job with him. To bad we lost him. EA made our QB probs go away for nearly a decade in a half if we are lucky and people may forget if it was not for him we would not have a rotation of DE superstars on our line (even though a few are hurting atm due to injuries) including JPP. Because w/o EAs philosophy Reese would never have went and taken JPP last year.</P>

I have to say that EA was a great GM and a great football man. if you look at his drafts and see all the good players its amazing. Reese has not had the same success that EA had. Reese has been fine, but EA really knew how to draft good pro prospects.</P>

Drez
12-13-2011, 09:09 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!
He was/is the perfect fit for the NYG. EA did a masterful job with him. To bad we lost him. EA made our QB probs go away for nearly a decade in a half if we are lucky and people may forget if it was not for him we would not have a rotation of DE superstars on our line (even though a few are hurting atm due to injuries) including JPP. Because w/o EAs philosophy Reese would never have went and taken JPP last year.</P>

I have to say that EA was a great GM and a great football man. if you look at his drafts and see all the good players its amazing. Reese has not had the same success that EA had. Reese has been fine, but EA really knew how to draft good pro prospects.</P>

</P>

EA had his fair share of misses, too.</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-13-2011, 09:23 AM

How long have you been a Giants fan? The Giants NEVER make big draft day trades like that. NEVER. They are always conservative and do the best with what they've got.

</P>

Hey, what do you know? We agree on something!</P>

burier
12-13-2011, 09:27 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!

Not saying that Reese is a bad gm, far from. But, what exactly has he done to warrant being called great? I point to an offensive line that has deteriorated in front of our eyes and a defense that has been embarrassing under two different coordinators.

Make that three different coordinators.

Morehead State
12-13-2011, 09:34 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!

</P>

</P>

Well I guess they all do, but its amazing how few EA had.</P>

speedman
12-13-2011, 09:39 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!

I have to say that EA was a great GM and a great football man.* if you look at his drafts and see all the good players its amazing.* Reese has not had the same success that EA had.* Reese has been fine, but EA really knew how to draft good pro prospects.</P>

</P>

</P>

Well I guess they all do, but its amazing how few EA had.</P>You must have a great memory. I'm getting old so my memory is not so good. Could you list all of EA's picks for me?

rebelfan1966
12-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Wow,I wish I could go back and dig up all those "E.A. messed up by trading for Manning" posts that floated around for years. Also... all those "Eli will never be anything but an average QB and game manager, who will never be able to carry the team on his shouder" posts.....</P>

That's alright, because I have always<FONT face="Courier New"> </FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=6>B<FONT color=#0000ff>ELI</FONT>EVED</FONT><FONT size=6> IN <FONT color=#0000ff>ELI</FONT></FONT> !!!!</FONT></P>

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 11:10 AM

How long have you been a Giants fan?* The Giants NEVER make big draft day trades like that.* NEVER.* They are always conservative and do the best with what they've got.

Just because I didn't mention the trade doesn't mean I don't know about it. I remember that day all too well and I agree, it was very uncharacteristic of the Giants but the way we lost games on purpose in that 03 season and probably had a few behind the scenes chats with Archie to convince Eli to wanna come play for NY is the reason why Manning's here.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 11:12 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!

I have to say that EA was a great GM and a great football man.* if you look at his drafts and see all the good players its amazing.* Reese has not had the same success that EA had.* Reese has been fine, but EA really knew how to draft good pro prospects.</P>

</P>

</P>

Well I guess they all do, but its amazing how few EA had.</P>You must have a great memory. I'm getting old so my memory is not so good. Could you list all of EA's picks for me?He must be talking about Luke Petitgout and some other bums that couldn't cut it in the NFL.

Morehead State
12-13-2011, 11:33 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!

</P>

</P>

You must have a great memory. I'm getting old so my memory is not so good. Could you list all of EA's picks for me?He must be talking about Luke Petitgout and some other bums that couldn't cut it in the NFL.</P>

Eli, Tuck(3rd round), Webby(2nd round), Kiwi, Toomer, Deihl, Jacobs, Snee, Tiki, Shockey, Osi, Cofield.etc....</P>

Essentially the core of the SB team in 07 were EA guys. Plus he signed Plaxico, McKenzie and Pierce all within a week.</P>

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 11:46 AM
All business.

Man I love me some Eli!

</P>

</P>

You must have a great memory. I'm getting old so my memory is not so good. Could you list all of EA's picks for me?He must be talking about Luke Petitgout and some other bums that couldn't cut it in the NFL.</P>

Eli, Tuck(3rd round),* Webby(2nd round),* Kiwi, Toomer, Deihl, Jacobs, Snee, Tiki, Shockey, Osi, Cofield.*etc....</P>

Essentially the core of the SB team in 07 were EA guys.* Plus he signed Plaxico, McKenzie and Pierce all within a week.</P>I admit Reese had a tough offseason this year but you gotta admit, Bradshaw, Steve Smith, Boss, free agent pickup Sam Madison to help school Webster and our other young DB's, Kawika Mitchell was some very important key factors in getting us over the hump to win that SB.