PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Nicks should play in the 4th preseason game?

Eliscruzzz
08-29-2012, 12:31 AM
I really kinda of don't want him to I 'm afraid of further injury, but I also think he kinda of needs it. It's a scary situation. thoughts.......

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 12:36 AM
if the 1s play a series or two, yes. if the starters arent playing, itd make no sense for him to play.

also, i think he would face harder competition in practice than 4th string Patriots. And, in practice, we can control the contact on him...i vote no

Rat_bastich
08-29-2012, 12:38 AM
I would say no as well. We know what he is capable of. This is the opprtunity for the 2's, 3's and whoever else is out their to show what they can do.

Eliscruzzz
08-29-2012, 12:40 AM
if the 1s play a series or two, yes. if the starters arent playing, itd make no sense for him to play.

also, i think he would face harder competition in practice than 4th string Patriots. And, in practice, we can control the contact on him...i vote no Thats what I was thinking too but do you really think the starters are going to go out there in the last preseason game? I want to see how he cuts and jumps and his speed but not at risk of injury. I never really got the sitting yours starters for the last game because they'll be sitting for two weeks, it would be nice to see them for a series or two hopefully they have two TD drives to stick it in BB face lol.

Eliscruzzz
08-29-2012, 12:43 AM
I would say no as well. We know what he is capable of. This is the opprtunity for the 2's, 3's and whoever else is out their to show what they can do. Yeah I kinda of want to see what the other guys got but g420 has a point that he kinda has to play a little football to see if he's ready. I will say this if Eli and the other starters don't start and he does that makes me worried cause BB will put all the focus on him and they will hit him hard cause that is just the way BB is he's still bitter so watch out.

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Thats what I was thinking too but do you really think the starters are going to go out there in the last preseason game? I want to see how he cuts and jumps and his speed but not at risk of injury. I never really got the sitting yours starters for the last game because they'll be sitting for two weeks, it would be nice to see them for a series or two hopefully they have two TD drives to stick it in BB face lol.
eh. i dunno. the season is a long grind. i think the little break is somewhat needed. its not like they arent practicing still...i dont want to see some bobo 4th stringer try to make a name for himself and chop out nicks knees or try to jack him up...not worth it.
maybe i'd be cool with it if the qb was told "DO NOT THROW IT TO NICKS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE" and just let nicks get out there run some routes vs live coverage...

ny06
08-29-2012, 12:47 AM
The starters should not play at all; this is a game for players who are on the fence with making the team. As for Nicks, it's completely up to him; if he feels that a few series would be good for him then do it.

jomo
08-29-2012, 12:51 AM
The starters should not play at all; this is a game for players who are on the fence with making the team. As for Nicks, it's completely up to him; if he feels that a few series would be good for him then do it.Maybe knock a little rust off, get in, get out, get ready for Dallas.

Eliscruzzz
08-29-2012, 12:52 AM
eh. i dunno. the season is a long grind. i think the little break is somewhat needed. its not like they arent practicing still...i dont want to see some bobo 4th stringer try to make a name for himself and chop out nicks knees or try to jack him up...not worth it.
maybe i'd be cool with it if the qb was told "DO NOT THROW IT TO NICKS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE" and just let nicks get out there run some routes vs live coverage... Yeah your right I just don't want them to be rusty but they looked very ready against the Bears and I believe in T.C. One thing we can agree on is that if he is playing with the second and third units I'll be pissed cause like you said there will be some 4th stringer trying to take him out. Still glad he's ready just can't wait for the 5th.

P_Simms_#11
08-29-2012, 12:53 AM
No. Why risk it for a meaningless game?

Eliscruzzz
08-29-2012, 12:53 AM
The starters should not play at all; this is a game for players who are on the fence with making the team. As for Nicks, it's completely up to him; if he feels that a few series would be good for him then do it. If the starters don't play I don't want him in there cause you know BB is going to go after him and I'm not comfortable with that I'd rather him sit out.

Eliscruzzz
08-29-2012, 12:54 AM
maybe knock a little rust off, get in, get out, get ready for dallas. this ++++++++1000

titwio
08-29-2012, 01:04 AM
I see nothing wrong with him getting some reps (1 series with the starters sounds good to me)...just so he can get the feel of live action and get his feet wet before facing off against the Cowboys. I don't like the idea of him not seeing action before that game and coming out rusty.

nygon3
08-29-2012, 01:11 AM
I don't want him to play out of just being cautious and safe, but i do want him to shake off the rust and get the timing with Eli back down...

Antwuan
08-29-2012, 01:23 AM
For 1 series only would be good enough to get some reps to get him in game action, I actually expect our starters to play 1 series. After that we need to rest him and get ready for the Cowboys.

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 01:30 AM
if he does not play he will stink it up vs dallas mark my words go gmen go nicks

bearbryant
08-29-2012, 01:34 AM
For 1 series only would be good enough to get some reps to get him in game action, I actually expect our starters to play 1 series. After that we need to rest him and get ready for the Cowboys. Even though cruz has been workin', I say 100% NO. No play, no injuries! Go Giants!!!

Antwuan
08-29-2012, 01:36 AM
Even though cruz has been workin', I say 100% NO. No play, no injuries! Go Giants!!!

I can respect that, if it was left up to me I probably would hold him out for tommorrow's game too.

BurnerNYG
08-29-2012, 02:47 AM
Maybe knock a little rust off, get in, get out, get ready for Dallas.Right, run a route or two and knock some rust off, I agree. This is football, can't be afraid of getting injured.

OX1
08-29-2012, 04:49 AM
I'll take the rust all day long vs some nobody trying to make a name that takes him out (even by accident).

tonyt830
08-29-2012, 07:18 AM
I would not mind seeing Nicks get a series or 2, just to see some game action. But I would hope it would be with Manning, since Carr is not our regular season starter.

NYGNash
08-29-2012, 08:14 AM
I struggle to see the positive in playing Nicks in the pre season.... We know what he can do, the only issue on the table is his health. The training field gives us the chance to control the contact on him and keep him fit and healthy for the cowgirls.

middlecountrygiantsfan
08-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Yea he shouldnt play until the cowboys. him and eli should just play catch the entire time on the sideline during the patriots game.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 08:24 AM
I struggle to see the positive in playing Nicks in the pre season.... We know what he can do, the only issue on the table is his health. The training field gives us the chance to control the contact on him and keep him fit and healthy for the cowgirls.

He needs to have a real game test to see what stage his recovery is at. He will "take some snaps" according to Tom Coughlin.

Cool Papa B.
08-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Let him play like half of the 1st quarter or a couple of drives- whichever comes first. Don't throw anything up the middle where he's liable to get blasted by a LB or SS. Keep all of his routes on the outside. A few basic "Sla-Go" routes, and call it a day.

miked1958
08-29-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm sure the giants staff have a plan for this, we will have to wait and see

nhpgiantsfan
08-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Rather him shake the rust of in the pre season, so he is ready for Dallas.

GameTime
08-29-2012, 10:18 AM
He's a pro.....this is his job.....
let him play a few snaps.....

miked1958
08-29-2012, 10:37 AM
He's a pro.....this is his job.....let him play a few snaps.....Well that's kinda what I'm saying. I'm fine either way. However the coaching staff decides to do regarding him I am okay with. They know what they are doing

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 11:30 AM
what i dont get is why people think nicks playing a series or two will magically knock all the rust off...if that is the goal, he'll need to play a quarter at least i would think.

and besides, the pats are playing their starters per ESPN bc BB wasnt happy with the offensive performances. So I believe we will play our starters for a series or two. but i gotta tell u, TC is really making a risky move. just one injury in this bs game to any starter could be detrimental...

Sanntee31
08-29-2012, 12:08 PM
One series...if its a 3 and out two. but thats it. Nothing after that.

RagTime Blue
08-29-2012, 12:30 PM
I think getting Nicks ready for the Cowboys game is #1 priority. Give him ample time to Run deep and shallow routes, cut, block, and of course, catch.

However long it takes, that's what the coaches should do.

The medical people say he's ready to go. Nicks says he's ready to go (and has been ready to go).

I'd be inclined to let him play at least a quarter. . .see how he feels, and then maybe quite a bit more (perhaps the whole 1st half).

miked1958
08-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Well we will find out in about 7 hours...

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I think getting Nicks ready for the Cowboys game is #1 priority. Give him ample time to Run deep and shallow routes, cut, block, and of course, catch.

However long it takes, that's what the coaches should do.

The medical people say he's ready to go. Nicks says he's ready to go (and has been ready to go).

I'd be inclined to let him play at least a quarter. . .see how he feels, and then maybe quite a bit more (perhaps the whole 1st half).

see i can actually understand this reasoning. if "getting the rust off nicks" is the goal, how would 1 or 2 series help? Esp if its not with the starters. I'd assume a quarter at least would be needed. and at that point, the risk of a setback grows dramatically imho.
NE is starting their 1 offense bc BB said the offense has struggled. Our offense has looked good for the most part. if we go a couple series, i'll be cool with nicks going. otherwise, just let him continue to work with eli during practice where i think the competition is actually better and where the contact on nicks can be controlled.

one possible thing i thought of; let nicks go out and play a quarter, and tell the QB whoever is playing, to NOT throw the ball to nicks. like i would stress that under no circumstance will u throw it to nicks. let him just go out there, run routes vs live coverage, get up to game speed. and that should be more than enough.

GameTime
08-29-2012, 01:35 PM
a player can get hurt at any given time during practice and/or a game. What if Nicks doest play tonight and goes out vs Dallas and gets hurt in the first series?? Will you say..."Oh he wasnt ready yet. Or why was he playing". He is a pro football player who is paid tp play football. If he is ready to play then let him play.

Mod_C
08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
a player can get hurt at any given time during practice and/or a game. What if Nicks doest play tonight and goes out vs Dallas and gets hurt in the first series?? Will you say..."Oh he wasnt ready yet. Or why was he playing". He is a pro football player who is paid tp play football. If he is ready to play then let him play.

Or, worse yet, damn, I wish we had kept...........

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
i get that position. but i dont know if theres a difference in competition from our defense and NE 4th stringers. Especially when you can control the contact on Nicks in practice.

I dont want no 4th stringer trying to make a name for himself by doing something stupid on Nicks. He would have a target on his back if he's out there vs 4th stringers.
I say let him run live routes vs live competition. let him run block. but do not throw to him under any circumstance.

GameTime
08-29-2012, 02:06 PM
i get that position. but i dont know if theres a difference in competition from our defense and NE 4th stringers. Especially when you can control the contact on Nicks in practice.

I dont want no 4th stringer trying to make a name for himself by doing something stupid on Nicks. He would have a target on his back if he's out there vs 4th stringers.
I say let him run live routes vs live competition. let him run block. but do not throw to him under any circumstance.
that makes sense about a 4th or bubble player trying make a statement. I get that. I think the coaches know that too,......right?

Gmen32
08-29-2012, 02:12 PM
He needs the reps. I say let him play a series or two.

JB456
08-29-2012, 05:05 PM

I agree. Nicks has been cleared by the medical staff for about 2 weeks now. The Giants have been easing him back into it but now its time for a tune up before the 1st game of the season. If it were up to me I would let him play the entire 1st quarter.

I understand injuries can happen at anytime but people should realize that players will be going full bore on September 5th. It will benefit him to ease back into it instead of going 0 to 60.

jimmie ray
08-29-2012, 05:59 PM
He needs the reps. I say let him play a series or two.

Obviously.

miked1958
08-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Will find out in less then two hours

gumby74
08-29-2012, 06:24 PM
1 play. 10 yard back shoulder fade.