PDA

View Full Version : Aren't the patriots pretty much guarenteed playoffs?

appodictic
08-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Because of the Jets might not score a TD all season and Miami is not looking good either it seems like the Patriots can't miss the playoffs. Kinda unfair in a way some of the AFC divisions are so weak and NFC east is usually strong. (we will overcome anyway but just saying)

Eliscruzzz
08-29-2012, 01:15 AM
Because of the Jets might not score a TD all season and Miami is not looking good either it seems like the Patriots can't miss the playoffs. Kinda unfair in a way some of the AFC divisions are so weak and NFC east is usually strong. (we will overcome anyway but just saying) I think so but I like the Texans to make it to the SB out of the AFC.

Rodgers12
08-29-2012, 01:22 AM
The Pats have Brandon Iloyd now as well as Addai and Jarvis Green Ellis at running back. They are stacked with weapons and of course Welker. If they dont get back to the super bowl or deep in the playoffs I will be suprised.

Eliscruzzz
08-29-2012, 01:23 AM
The Pats have Brandon Iloyd now as well as Addai and Jarvis Green Ellis at running back. They are stacked with weapons and of course Welker. If they dont get back to the super bowl or deep in the playoffs I will be suprised. They don't have Benjarvis Green Ellis anymore and Lloyd has not looked great either they need Welker for that to work out.

Rodgers12
08-29-2012, 01:28 AM
They don't have Benjarvis Green Ellis anymore and Lloyd has not looked great either they need Welker for that to work out.]
They have Addai starting now? where did Green Ellis go?

nygon3
08-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Because of the Jets might not score a TD all season and Miami is not looking good either it seems like the Patriots can't miss the playoffs. Kinda unfair in a way some of the AFC divisions are so weak and NFC east is usually strong. (we will overcome anyway but just saying)

yeah but not the Super Bowl especially if we're anywhere near it... lmao

tonyt830
08-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Because of the Jets might not score a TD all season and Miami is not looking good either it seems like the Patriots can't miss the playoffs. Kinda unfair in a way some of the AFC divisions are so weak and NFC east is usually strong. (we will overcome anyway but just saying)I guess nothing is a guarantee in the NFL, but I would say that the Pats, are most likely going to win the AFC East again. Miami has a new staff, young QB, and a bunch of young and unproven WR. The Jets, well, who knows---their offense is nothing impressive right now. The Bills could push for a wildcard, but I think they are still a piece or 2 away from overtaking the Pats for the division.

I think the AFC North will be very competitive with the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals. I like the Texans to win the South, and the West might be wide open with the possibility of Denver, KC, Oakland and San Diego winning that division.

tonyt830
08-29-2012, 06:58 AM
]
They have Addai starting now? where did Green Ellis go?the lawfirm was signed as a FA by the Bengals.

miked1958
08-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Because of the Jets might not score a TD all season and Miami is not looking good either it seems like the Patriots can't miss the playoffs. Kinda unfair in a way some of the AFC divisions are so weak and NFC east is usually strong. (we will overcome anyway but just saying)Yes we have tough Competion every season from Philly Dallas and skins. While the jets dolphins and bills continue to lay down for the patriots. They could poss win that div like we did last season with 9 wins. However with their schedule they will win at least 12/13 games for at least a 2 seed.. Pretty much a lock this far out unless they have major injuries at key positions

Ntegrase96
08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
I thought Addai was let go after walking away from a conditioning test...?

Anyway, yeah the Pats are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot. They certainly were last year... the best team they beat last year in the regular season was probably us.

miked1958
08-29-2012, 11:05 AM
I thought Addai was let go after walking away from a conditioning test...?Anyway, yeah the Pats are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot. They certainly were last year... the best team they beat last year in the regular season was probably us.Yep, pathetic that they get a free ride to second round of playoffs each yr because their div is so weak and overall schedule not nearly as tough as what NFCE teams have to deal with

Flip Empty
08-29-2012, 12:00 PM
]
They have Addai starting now? where did Green Ellis go?
Stevan Ridley is their RB, with most likely Shane Vereen and Danny Woodhead as backup.

I wouldn't sleep on the Bills in that division. They performed well last season until Ryan Fitzpatrick got hurt.

Moke
08-29-2012, 12:03 PM
AFC east sucks so much. Patriots will win that division unless the Bills give them the run for their money but I doubt it since they might have QB issues - Ryan Fitzpatrick looking so awful.

Flip Empty
08-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Pre-season, schmeseason.

I just want someone in that division to actually compete.

Rodgers12
08-29-2012, 02:34 PM
I think the Texans can beat the Pats to win the AFC this year.

Sarcasman
08-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Why should this year be any different? It's the AFC LEast.

njg85m
08-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Patriots schedule is one of the easiest in the league. No doubt they make the playoffs.

BuffyBlueII
08-30-2012, 01:11 AM
NE Patriots are more than likely going to make playoffs regardless of their schedule. I will not be surprised if they make it to SuperBowl XLVII. They have one of the greatest QBs of all time, one of the greatest head coaches of all time a really good core group of players that flow well together. They know how to win and they stay focused.

NE Patriots put together a great winning streak last season and gave us a lot more trouble in SuperBowl XLVI than a lot of folks thought they would. I think if they had faced any other team than NY Giants in SuperBowl XLVI, they would have beaten them.

A lot of folks harp on Coach Bellichek being a cheater and this and that but damn, I going to tip my hat to NE Patriots for the strength of character they showed in both SuperBowl losses to us. They fought tooth and nail till the end in both those games and didn’t make excuses when they lost.

I bELIeve.

Flip Empty
08-30-2012, 01:58 AM
Why should this year be any different? It's the AFC LEast.
The AFC as a conference is going through a bit of a lull, it would seem.

Superbowl
08-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Patsies always started with 5-6 wins in their pocket for long time now so I'll be shocked if they don't make it again this year.

Cool Papa B.
08-30-2012, 01:25 PM
With their cream-puff schedule, the Patriots could probably sleep walk to a 11-5 record. Though there are no sure things in sports, I think the patriots are as close to a lock for the playoffs as you can be.

Giants5699
08-30-2012, 11:02 PM
The Patriots and 49ers could go 7-9 and still win their divisions. Maybe even 6-10

Rod-Diggity
08-31-2012, 03:10 AM
The Patriots and 49ers could go 7-9 and still win their divisions. Maybe even 6-10
nah I think the nfc west is gonna improve this yr, I see the rams being better with a healthy bradford and steve smith. I can see jeff fisher turning that franchise around. Seahawks are gonna be better aswell russell wilson looks like the real deal, even if he struggles flynn looks solid and the cards are always tough no matter who's their qb. Much tougher division than ppl think

wuzpapn
08-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Brady might start getting more timid of that Bills' D-Line. Hopefully they can rattle him up. We all know how Brady loves pressure.

Sarcasman
08-31-2012, 01:51 PM
nah I think the nfc west is gonna improve this yr, I see the rams being better with a healthy bradford and steve smith. I can see jeff fisher turning that franchise around. Seahawks are gonna be better aswell russell wilson looks like the real deal, even if he struggles flynn looks solid and the cards are always tough no matter who's their qb. Much tougher division than ppl think

I'm not sure I would consider "the division sucks less this year" and "the division is good" to be the same thing.

Parademon
09-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Does the NFL just hate the Giants & wants Brady to tie Montana & Bradshaw with 4 SB wins? HTF do the Giants get the toughest schedule in the NFL & the Pats the easiest? Fine, we're the champs, give us a tough schedule, but shouldn't the SB runnerup get the 2nd toughest schedule instead of the easiest?

I see them going 13-3 with #1 seed again! S'Ok, guess we'll have to perform the Trifecta & hand them a 3rd straight SB loss at our hands.

IamGiantsfan
09-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Does the NFL just hate the Giants & wants Brady to tie Montana & Bradshaw with 4 SB wins? HTF do the Giants get the toughest schedule in the NFL & the Pats the easiest? Fine, we're the champs, give us a tough schedule, but shouldn't the SB runnerup get the 2nd toughest schedule instead of the easiest?

I see them going 13-3 with #1 seed again! S'Ok, guess we'll have to perform the Trifecta & hand them a 3rd straight SB loss at our hands.

People are still on this ****, there is a formula to decide who plays who, The afc east sucks right now 6 easy games right off the bat

Parademon
09-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Actually, the vast majority of AFC teams stink. Top tier teams yr in/yr out have been mostly NE/Pitt/Ravens & prior to Manning's injury, the Colts. NFC is the more powerful conference the past few yrs. Yeah, I know all about the fixed schedules but somehow, it always seems that NE always gets an easy schedule every yr. But like I said, the NFC has the better teams overall & that's why the Giants have beaten NE the last 3 times they've played. Giants play their NFC rivals 6 times a yr & those are alway tough regardless of W-L record, then they play the likes of GB/SF/NO like every yr or every other yr.

Reasons NE wins 12+ games every yr is due the fact that they annually end up either sweeping the week AFCE with maybe only the Jets or Bills splitting a game with em every other. So a 6-0 or 5-1 div record makes it misleading when they win 12 or more, cuz 50% or more of their wins come vs inferior opponents.

They whooped an 8-8 Broncos team in the div rd but then had a much tougher time vs the much better & more physical Ravens. Brady had his worst game of the yr in that AFC title game & if not for the Ravens WR & Kicker having brain farts on back to back plays, should have lost that game.

So yeah, barring any serious injuries to any of their key starters, NE should once again roll into the post season, but will either fall to the more physical AFC teams such as Pitt/Ravens, even the Texans in the playoffs. And should they make it to the SB, either the Giants/GB/SF or NO will take em out.

GMan-67
09-02-2012, 07:57 PM
yeah we were only 9-7, but 4-0 vs. the AFC Least ... they got it real cushy over there

Blue in Oz
09-02-2012, 10:02 PM
I did research on last years toughness of schedule by counting the wins of each team they played, guess which 3 had it the easiest? The Packers,Saints and Patriots -_-

ProfessorCrue
09-02-2012, 10:12 PM
why do you people even care about the patriots? lol....not in the division or even in the conference. who cares!?!?!?!

yall best be worried about Dallas

Parademon
09-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Reason some of us care about the Cheatriots schedule is that all we hear is how they were the better team going into both SBs & that we were lucky in both games to win. When the truth is, the reason they always have 12+ wins a yr is due to playing in a cream puff division & weaker conference. Only 3 teams have been able to play with & give the Pats any real comp the last 10 yrs & that's the Steelers, Colts & Ravens. Earlier this decade, the Broncos gave em fits & a playoff loss a few yrs a go, but not recently.Maybe now with Peyton at the helm, they can give the Pats an L this yr.

SweetZombieJesus
09-03-2012, 08:07 AM
why do you people even care about the patriots? lol....not in the division or even in the conference. who cares!?!?!?!

yall best be worried about Dallas

The team we've beaten 5 out of the 6 last times? The team that's won ONE playoff game since 1996?

Then again, we've beaten the Patriots 3 times in a row too...

SweetZombieJesus
09-03-2012, 08:11 AM

I think the league DOES want to hype Brady, but the schedule is now completely based on a formula.

You play your division rivals twice (6 games), you play one division in your conference (4 games), and one division in the other conference (4 games), both on a rotating basis. With the remaining 2 games you play the teams that finished in the same spot in the remaining divisions in your conference as you did in yours.

100% formula.

The Pats have dominated the AFC East for a decade, and aside from the top 3 or 4 teams the AFC stinks, so the Pats pretty much have 12 games they are almost guaranteed to win.

miked1958
09-03-2012, 10:21 AM
I think the league DOES want to hype Brady, but the schedule is now completely based on a formula.You play your division rivals twice (6 games), you play one division in your conference (4 games), and one division in the other conference (4 games), both on a rotating basis. With the remaining 2 games you play the teams that finished in the same spot in the remaining divisions in your conference as you did in yours.100% formula.The Pats have dominated the AFC East for a decade, and aside from the top 3 or 4 teams the AFC stinks, so the Pats pretty much have 12 games they are almost guaranteed to win.People assume the NFL hates us and gives us these hard schedules after winning a SB. They have alot to do with the placement of back to back to back tough games like last year and this year. Thats not right should be spread out better..But they have nothing to do with any of the teams we play. Its all planned out yrs in advance with the only question mark being the two teams you play based on where you finished in your Div. it's not rocket science people.

Yes it just so happens that in 08and 12 we drew AFC north with steelers and ravens. And now Cinny is no joke.

We also drew NFC south with the Saints, falcons and Carolina which is improving. We also get IMO two of the tougher teams in the NFL ranking wise including all the tough AFC teams in GB and SF.. We got it rough this year and in 08. Because of the rotating schedule on which div u play in NFC and AFC and the div you play in sometimes (NE, GB in recent yrs) a SB champ gets a free ride the following year due to a weak div and weak schedule on which other NFC and AFC div 8 teams you drew.

The giants just happened to win the SB in yrs they had a really tough schedule already SET the following yr.

People think our div rivals have such and easy schedule, lol. It's the same as ours! the only diff is Dallas, skins and eagles don't have to play SF And GB they get the weaker teams in those respective divs.

Parademon
09-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Incredible how we draw SF/GB 2 straight yrs, while Dallas, the Eagles & foreskins don't! Oh well, it'll just make us more battle tested for the postseason.