PDA

View Full Version : 3rd WR Position

Antwuan
08-29-2012, 12:33 AM
At this point who do you think will be the 3rd WR Position on 9/5/12?

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Mr RR aka mr leaps n bounds better than the competition

Toadofsteel
08-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Yeah I see Randle getting it as well. MAYBE Hixon gets a few snaps, but I see him more in the ST game.

nygon3
08-29-2012, 12:48 AM
I hope Barden can continue from last game... Been a supporter and hoped we drafted him, but hasn't worked out just yet and i don't get too excited over preseason... Randle looks good but goes against backups primarily... by the end of the year Randle will have solidified that position... But I'm going on a limb just off the basis of knowing the playbook and going Barden.

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 12:50 AM
its randle gotta be randle

titwio
08-29-2012, 12:55 AM
I think Randle will be the third receiver this year at some point but not sure if he'll be the 9/5 game guy...Probably either Hixon or Barden being they know the offense better at this point.

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 12:56 AM
barden n randle

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 01:27 AM
randle gotta be randle guys

shotgundraw
08-29-2012, 03:36 AM
Hixon.

Randle doesn't seem to know the most basic routes (from preseason games anyway) and Barden has had an ok half in preseason in his tenure ...

Hixon hasn't done much lately but he's had most reps in practice and in games as #2 with Nicks out which makes me thinks they trust his knowledge. They'll go conservative and play the guy they know.

IMO.

egyptian420
08-29-2012, 03:37 AM
If Barden repeats what he did to the Bears against the Pats...I think he'd secure that spot for the time being. But I definitely see Randle taking that spot eventually.

dave56dj
08-29-2012, 03:38 AM
Not sure where you saw that randle didnt know the most basic of routes - in all the games played he had one route that he broke off and eli claimed he was trying to get rid of the ball and the int was on him. So far his tree route has looked way ahead of most rookies.

I still think coughlin picks vets over youth - experience over talent but this year guys like randle wilson and hosley are really gonna push that idealogy. Well that and injuries.

shotgundraw
08-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Not sure where you saw that randle didnt know the most basic of routes - in all the games played he had one route that he broke off and eli claimed he was trying to get rid of the ball and the int was on him. So far his tree route has looked way ahead of most rookies.

Manning was taking the heat for a young rookie WR who made a mistake is my bet.

It happened a few times during the games.

dave56dj
08-29-2012, 04:48 AM
Actually it happened once. And even if randle doesnt break the route off eli overthrows him by 10 yards. And we dont know if eli was speaking up for the kid or not - but even so it was one play. There appeared to be one in another game but randle was interferred with which forced him to break off the route and a penalty was called. There is a huge difference between running the wrong option route and not knowing how to run routes. Randle has shown that he certainly runs the route tree well and the option part is something that is not easy for anyone to pick up - mario struggled till his last days as a giant. no sign yet that randle wont pick it up.

Cool Papa B.
08-29-2012, 07:25 AM
I kind of think they will rotate that spot using Randle, Hixon, & Barden. Douglas will be on ST mostly, but will see some playing time there. And I don't know what they will do with Jurnigan.

WEG313
08-29-2012, 08:07 AM
I hope Barden can continue from last game... Been a supporter and hoped we drafted him, but hasn't worked out just yet and i don't get too excited over preseason... Randle looks good but goes against backups primarily... by the end of the year Randle will have solidified that position... But I'm going on a limb just off the basis of knowing the playbook and going Barden.

Randle started against Chicago, and looked VERY good against a Top 15 defense before Barden replaced him.

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Hixon.

Randle doesn't seem to know the most basic routes (from preseason games anyway) and Barden has had an ok half in preseason in his tenure ...

Hixon hasn't done much lately but he's had most reps in practice and in games as #2 with Nicks out which makes me thinks they trust his knowledge. They'll go conservative and play the guy they know.

IMO.
huh? wtf r u talking about? Randle knows the entire route tree according to TC/JR/ and KG. He was NFL ready when we drafted him...

NYGfanNC
08-29-2012, 08:34 AM
At this point who do you think will be the 3rd WR Position on 9/5/12?

Nicks, Cruz , Randle , Barden. Also expect the Black Unicorn to have a big game.

miked1958
08-29-2012, 08:37 AM
I dont know if we get a set person out of last preseason game. I think we will wee a lot of all 3 of them (RR, Hixon and barden) with even some Douglas thrown in for good measure. JJ may have run out of time here

GameTime
08-29-2012, 08:44 AM
dont how any of you can say "definitley" Randle or Barden for that matter. Both have A LOT to prove to be a solid go to #3. They will be used situationaly and by comittee until one of them steps forward as the clear favorite. I leave Hixon out only because I dont think he will be able ultimatley eclipse either one.
Are we all for getting JJ too. You never know.....They will all get their shot.
As to who will get the first rep at 3rd WR on the 5th. IMO it will depend on the situation at the moment.

shotgundraw
08-29-2012, 08:47 AM
huh? wtf r u talking about? Randle knows the entire route tree according to TC/JR/ and KG. He was NFL ready when we drafted him...

Yeah, and Boley's hammy was gonna be ok after a week. And Canty's surgery in march or whenever was minor. And Terrell Thomas was back 100%.

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 08:50 AM
riiiighhhttttt.....but RR actually does know the entire route tree we run at least. He's said that, KG has said that, TC has said that, and JR has said that. They also have said he is NFL ready. He ran a couple of real nice sight option routes vs Chicago...

shotgundraw
08-29-2012, 08:53 AM
I guess we'll see :)

Easy E.
08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
I think you're looking at Hixon starting as the 3rd WR with Randle taking over those duties by Week 3 and Hixon becoming primarily a PR/KR ace and situational WR

I could be totally wrong....but either way, its a great problem to have

ryan12
08-29-2012, 10:40 AM
double r baby get used to it we are STACKED on O well at least postion player wise

Flip Empty
08-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Hixon, before Randle works his way in.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 10:56 AM
If Barden repeats what he did to the Bears against the Pats...I think he'd secure that spot for the time being. But I definitely see Randle taking that spot eventually.

After one pre-season game?

RagTime Blue
08-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Yea it's not like TC to hand a job to a rookie.

Hixon for the first 4 games (my prediction). I hate to say it, but if he plays a full season, many will be shocked. I don't see Hixon returning kicks either, unless the fumble apocalypse ensues. We have too many other guys who can do that now.

Randle on speed-dial.

Moke
08-29-2012, 11:01 AM
I can't see Barden being the #3 spot at all, but I think he can be OK for making the team

movemeBRIGHTly
08-29-2012, 11:06 AM
I think it will be Hixon to start. So, assuming Hixon makes the team as the primary PR/KR anyway, and we know Cruz and Nicks are in, they aren't sending Randle anywhere, is it possible Barden does not make the team? It would come down to him and Jernigen, and I have not been paying real close attention this preseason. It sounds like Barden has been showing well.

njg85m
08-29-2012, 11:08 AM
I believe it will be Hixon with RR gradually worked into the mix. TC is always going to go with experience first.

miked1958
08-29-2012, 11:10 AM
I really hope there is room on final 53 for this kid Douglas. He is exciting

Flip Empty
08-29-2012, 11:19 AM
I really hope there is room on final 53 for this kid Douglas. He is exciting
The team usually carries six WRs so, provided Barden gets the boot, there should be room.

Boogie12
08-29-2012, 11:21 AM

I still think coughlin picks vets over youth - experience over talent but this year guys like randle wilson and hosley are really gonna push that idealogy. Well that and injuries.Great post and I agree 100%

MattMeyerBud
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Hixon.

IMO.

minus that TD catch last week I thin Barden has looked pretty bad...

ryan12
08-29-2012, 12:39 PM
hixon hasn't done ANYTHING this preseason.. im a hixon fan but he needs to step up.. if i had it my way it would be . nicks cruz rr hixon barden and douglas

Moke
08-29-2012, 12:41 PM
hixon hasn't done ANYTHING this preseason.. im a hixon fan but he needs to step up.. if i had it my way it would be . nicks cruz rr hixon barden and douglas

No jernigan anywhere in there?

Nicks, Cruz, RR, Jernigan, barden, douglass.

I like Hixon, but I don't know what he can do anymore.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Yea it's not like TC to hand a job to a rookie.

Hixon for the first 4 games (my prediction). I hate to say it, but if he plays a full season, many will be shocked. I don't see Hixon returning kicks either, unless the fumble apocalypse ensues. We have too many other guys who can do that now.

Randle on speed-dial.

I don't know about for how long, but I do think Hixon will be the # 3 on day 1. What's really the issue though, is who is suited up on game day.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 12:47 PM
minus that TD catch last week I thin Barden has looked pretty bad...

His showing last week seems to have erased a lot of memories :p

GameTime
08-29-2012, 01:04 PM
His showing last week seems to have erased a lot of memories :p
another thing with Barden is there are not that "many" memories other than healing from an injury.
I am with you guys though. I have ridden him for not getting with the program. So last game after a three year stint he makes three good catches and a TD. All of a sudden he is legit?? No way. None of the choices the Giants have for solid #3 are legit YET. Not even Hixon because of his knee.

Mod_C
08-29-2012, 01:06 PM
another thing with Barden is there are not that "many" memories other than healing from an injury.
I am with you guys though. I have ridden him for not getting with the program. So last game after a three year stint he makes three good catches and a TD. All of a sudden he is legit?? No way. None of the choices the Giants have for solid #3 are legit YET. Not even Hixon because of his knee.

Tonight's game, should the Patriots REALLY extend their starters, could be harmful to bubble players

ryan12
08-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Tonight's game, should the Patriots REALLY extend their starters, could be harmful to bubble players

they wont play more than a quater. besides last year against them we pulled eli after one drive and they pats still played the ones

njg85m
08-29-2012, 01:42 PM
No jernigan anywhere in there?

Nicks, Cruz, RR, Jernigan, barden, douglass.

I like Hixon, but I don't know what he can do anymore.

I'm kinda with you here.. Hixons main asset to us was on returns, and I think we can get just as good, maybe even more, from Douglas so if anything Hixons stock went down. He's younger and healthier. I know we've been waiting a while, but I still believe that Barden can be a reliable guy for us.

It's a good problem to have TOO MANY guys to pick from instead of not enough. Still, let's just hope we pick the right guys!

Moke
08-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Exactly. Everything Hixon has, I feel like we can get that somewhere else on the roster. That's why I'm not that sold on keeping Hixon anymore. Not seeing he'll be gone because I know how much TC and co. love experience and how he has always been an asset.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Exactly. Everything Hixon has, I feel like we can get that somewhere else on the roster. That's why I'm not that sold on keeping Hixon anymore. Not seeing he'll be gone because I know how much TC and co. love experience and how he has always been an asset.

He is still the best proven return man we have.

Moke
08-29-2012, 01:54 PM
He is still the best proven return man we have.

No question he is, but I really think jernigan can take that spot eventually.

Roosevelt
08-29-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't know about for how long, but I do think Hixon will be the # 3 on day 1. What's really the issue though, is who is suited up on game day.

I agree.

We have one proven guy at #3 and that is Hixon. I believe the other guys will have to beat him out.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 02:00 PM

Perhaps he can, which is another way to say "player development."

ryan12
08-29-2012, 02:03 PM

you like jj over rr???? jj is another one who has done NOTHING this preseason... rr on the other hand looks like the real deal

nhpgiantsfan
08-29-2012, 02:04 PM
We need to keep Hixon. We have alot of inexperience after the big two. He knows the offense, and is good on specials. Also what if God forbid, Cruz or Nicks gets injured? Would you want Randle, JJ, or Barden to be your number 2 receiver. Randle looks like he is eventually going to lock up the number 3 spot, but is he ready yet.

ryan12
08-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Perhaps he can, which is another way to say "player development."

why all the love for jj this offseson he has done NOTHING and last year he was a disaster

B-Red22
08-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Hixon will start there for the first snap next week

Moke
08-29-2012, 02:06 PM
why all the love for jj this offseson he has done NOTHING and last year he was a disaster

Well, Hixon will most likely get that #3 meaning some guy that some members want on this board might actually not make the team, UNFORTUNATELY.

Hixon for a return man annoys me only because he's a good receiver too but he just never has that good luck to finish the season, which IMO sucks because I rather have someone else make the team that is younger and healthier even if it takes some time getting the development.

Jernigan hasn't impressed me on returning, but I don't know. Maybe I have an obsession with younger guys getting the nod and getting more reps.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 02:06 PM
We need to keep Hixon. We have alot of inexperience after the big two. He knows the offense, and is good on specials. Also what if God forbid, Cruz or Nicks gets injured? Would you want Randle, JJ, or Barden to be your number 2 receiver. Randle looks like he is eventually going to lock up the number 3 spot, but is he ready yet.

I think there is a reason Hixon was taking Nicks' snaps during camp.

ryan12
08-29-2012, 02:09 PM
I think there is a reason Hixon was taking Nicks' snaps during camp.

experince not talent

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Well, Hixon will most likely get that #3 meaning some guy that some members want on this board might actually not make the team, UNFORTUNATELY.

Hixon for a return man annoys me only because he's a good receiver too but he just never has that good luck to finish the season, which IMO sucks because I rather have someone else make the team that is younger and healthier even if it takes some time getting the development.

Jernigan hasn't impressed me on returning, but I don't know. Maybe I have an obsession with younger guys getting the nod and getting more reps.

He missed two seasons due to ACL injuries. That's not never finishing a season. All of the young guys have obvious potential. After two surgically repaired ACL injuries and passing his physical, the team re-signed Hixon. I still haven't seen anyone offer the versatility Hixon does in the short term.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
experince not talent

lol.......Eli doesn't need to be wasting his time with a receiver they're not confident in.

Moke
08-29-2012, 02:12 PM
He missed two seasons due to ACL injuries. That's not never finishing a season. All of the young guys have obvious potential. After two surgically repaired ACL injuries and passing his physical, the team re-signed Hixon. I still haven't seen anyone offer the versatility Hixon does in the short term.

Missing *. Thanks for that.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Missing *. Thanks for that.

It's better to have too many good players than too many bad players :D

Moke
08-29-2012, 02:22 PM

100%. I love so many players on this team this year. I kind of wish we had a pretty secure OL now to be super-happy about.

ryan12
08-29-2012, 02:39 PM

agreed its a great problem to have... i know hixon is your boy rf

BeatYale
08-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Mr. Randle Jernigan Hixon will be the 3rd WR. From what I've been reading, no one has really jumped ahead of the pack. I think what Eli said about WR by committee may be how it goes until one of them starts showing significant enough production to become the primary #3. Maybe by week 4 of the season we'll know.

rxc999
08-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Randle Hixon and JJ going to be the 3rd WR rotation..they will all get their chances to make plays....