PDA

View Full Version : Remember Steve Smith #12?

BlueJayC
08-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Really thought he would be a career Giant and possibly one of the best WR's they've ever had......even when he left for Philthy......thought he'd comeback after the one year deal and be in blue again......I was ready to accept him back too......talked myself into it......I was wrong on so many levels......

Sorry for reminiscing.....I was watching '07 and '08 highlights last night......sigh.......

Moke
08-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Haven't heard of him all summer to be honest...

primetime
08-29-2012, 02:19 PM
The Giants moved on and haven't looked back. Steve Smith did a lot of good for us, who can forget the huge 3rd down he had in the super bowl. But the way he left and the choice of teams (Eagles) left a bad taste in many Giants fans mouth. Now he's with the Rams and seems to be finally 100% healthy from the knee injury. I wish him nothing but the best.

GiantDadx3
08-29-2012, 02:25 PM
I saw his name towards the bottom of a Fantasy Football WR rankings list. I thought he was going to be Eli's security blanket. Which honestly speaks volume of Eli's leadership, pride, and overall QB skill. When everyone thought the Giants would falter after losing Plaxico, then Steve Smith, Eli was the constant piece that held the offense together. He worked with new inexperienced WR (Nicks, Cruz) to make them who they are today. I dont know where this team would be without Eli

joemorrisforprez
08-29-2012, 02:28 PM
The Giants moved on and haven't looked back. Steve Smith did a lot of good for us, who can forget the huge 3rd down he had in the super bowl. But the way he left and the choice of teams (Eagles) left a bad taste in many Giants fans mouth. Now he's with the Rams and seems to be finally 100% healthy from the knee injury. I wish him nothing but the best.

Agreed.

Not to stir the pot, but it's up to Smith's agent to find him the best deal, and apparently, Reese's offer wasn't the best deal.

Oh well....things turned out pretty well for the G-Men in his absence. Smith will be a good fit with the Rams though.....might take him in the late rounds in my FF league.

ryan12
08-29-2012, 02:47 PM
he is done he sucks. his window is over

njg85m
08-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Wait, who?

Napstew
08-29-2012, 02:52 PM
He is doing well with The Rams.

ryan12
08-29-2012, 02:56 PM
He is doing well with The Rams.

he has the same stats as barden which isnt saying much... look im still not over him leaving us ok?? lol

B.JACOBS27
08-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Remember Kevin Boss #89?

Marvelousmik
08-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Steve smith is Still overrated on here i see

mattpl908
08-29-2012, 03:27 PM
whos steve smith

NYG6timeworldchamps
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Who is Steve Smith???? The Panthers guy... Oh our former traitor Steve Smith. Yeah I do remember.

Giantsfan241
08-29-2012, 03:51 PM
remember sam madison okay stop this forget it like 17 starters from our sb winning team is gone

the 2007 one

giantyankee1976
08-29-2012, 06:01 PM

this.

very un-Bavaro like

Rod-Diggity
08-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Remember Kevin Boss #89?
that one really caught me off guard...when it didn't pan out in oakland, I thought it was a no brainer to come back. Now he's a backup in K.C. didn't get that one.

pj18
08-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I posted this on another Giants forum about a week ago regarding Steve Smith...

This is pretty random to bring up but I was just thinking of him and had no idea what team he was on now. It's the Rams. This guy could have had a great career in NY if the contract situation worked out. However, I'm happy it didn't, which is easy to say now that VC is a stud and they just won another Super Bowl I guess. I remember a lot of people used to mention how he was a social media junky - he interacted with Giants fans a ridiculous amount, would give away signed gear and always be having fun with the fans. He does none of that now (about 20 tweets since joining Philly). Guy has gotta regret not waiting out a little longer for a contract with NY.