PDA

View Full Version : Ohm thinks Ware is on the bubble

NYG4lifeNYK
08-29-2012, 02:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/16299/roster-analysis-offense-final-cuts

BrianK01
08-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah well Ohm has Adrien Robinson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14905/adrien-robinson) on the bubble so that shows you how uneducated he is.

wolfie
08-29-2012, 02:36 PM
me too and he should be

GameTime
08-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah well Ohm has Adrien Robinson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14905/adrien-robinson) on the bubble so that shows you how uneducated he is.
Ohm is a good reporter for the Gmen and just giving his opinion.
Also he was at all of camp so maybe he may have bit more insight then you are I in the matter....
Maybe due to the DT situation and #3WR situation that may not leave room for 3 TEs since Bennet and Pascoe will make the roster. Not so far fetched.

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 02:43 PM
he also has hixon on the bubble too iirc

ryan12
08-29-2012, 02:46 PM
ware sucks he is horrible

Moke
08-29-2012, 02:48 PM
I said it before that I think Ware is on the bubble and gone from the team. I think Brown brings almost the same as Ware

GameTime
08-29-2012, 02:50 PM
ware sucks he is horrible
wow in the last few minutes I have seen postes by you that say Ware sucks, Hixon sucks, Jernigan sucks, Steve Smith now sucks...
you are angry man....ease up......:popcorn:

ryan12
08-29-2012, 02:54 PM
wow in the last few minutes I have seen postes by you that say Ware sucks, Hixon sucks, Jernigan sucks, Steve Smith now sucks...
you are angry man....ease up......:popcorn:

im not a angry man at all... i dont see how jj is getting any love from these boards he had a horrific rookie season and has shown NOTHING to prove he will do anything. i hated ware ever since he changed his name from danny (lol) never said hixon sucks just that he hasnt shown anything this preseason. and i wont even touch steve smith lol

GameTime
08-29-2012, 02:57 PM
im not a angry man at all... i dont see how jj is getting any love from these boards he had a horrific rookie season and has shown NOTHING to prove he will do anything. i hated ware ever since he changed his name from danny (lol) never said hixon sucks just that he hasnt shown anything this preseason. and i wont even touch steve smith lol
JJ is still a kid. Every team has a player like Ware on it. He isnt great but he is OK. How many #3 RBs are great anyway??...None...thats why they are #3 RBs. Hixon wasn't used much in preseason because the Giants know what they gave in him and he didnt need the reps like the rooks or 2nd year players did. Hixon, like Ware, is a #3 or 4 WR. How great do you expect him to be??
SS....he made a choice. He doesnt suck for it he just isnt a Giant anymore....

BrianK01
08-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Also he was at all of camp so maybe he may have bit more insight then you are I in the matter....
Maybe due to the DT situation and #3WR situation that may not leave room for 3 TEs since Bennet and Pascoe will make the roster. Not so far fetched.So you think they may cut their 2012 4th round draft pick?

ryan12
08-29-2012, 03:18 PM
JJ is still a kid. Every team has a player like Ware on it. He isnt great but he is OK. How many #3 RBs are great anyway??...None...thats why they are #3 RBs. Hixon wasn't used much in preseason because the Giants know what they gave in him and he didnt need the reps like the rooks or 2nd year players did. Hixon, like Ware, is a #3 or 4 WR. How great do you expect him to be??

id rather scott and brown over ware.. more upside dj ware has been giving oppurtunity's and he has blown them... if jj does something tonight i will gladly eat crow... the whole thing about hixon i dont expect anything from him i just said i like rr over hixon as our #3. yeah steve smith made his choice and it was the wrong one... looks at the downward spiral he is on

GameTime
08-29-2012, 03:27 PM
So you think they may cut their 2012 4th round draft pick?
they may.....not unheard of. they could PS him to if he clears.

fansince69
08-29-2012, 03:28 PM
they may.....not unheard of. they could PS him to if he clears.

Or they could waste a pick if he doesn't

GameTime
08-29-2012, 03:29 PM
id rather scott and brown over ware.. more upside dj ware has been giving oppurtunity's and he has blown them... if jj does something tonight i will gladly eat crow... the whole thing about hixon i dont expect anything from him i just said i like rr over hixon as our #3. yeah steve smith made his choice and it was the wrong one... looks at the downward spiral he is on
If Ware got bumped I wouldnt be upset. My point was just how much do yuo expect from a #3. If JJ does somehting good tonight you shouldnt eat crow. he still has a lot to prove if he can.

GMENAGAIN
08-29-2012, 03:30 PM
I said it before that I think Ware is on the bubble and gone from the team. I think Brown brings almost the same as Ware
Based on what? We know what Ware brings because he has actually played in NFL games for us. Brown . . . . .

GMENAGAIN
08-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Maybe due to the DT situation and #3WR situation that may not leave room for 3 TEs since Bennet and Pascoe will make the roster. Not so far fetched.
So you think that the Giants would keep only 2 TE's on their active roster? What happens if one of them is injured?

GameTime
08-29-2012, 03:34 PM
So you think that the Giants would keep only 2 TE's on their active roster? What happens if one of them is injured?
Valid point. .......but I was just thinking on what postions they may need "more" room for at the moment.

GMENAGAIN
08-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Valid point. .......but I was just thinking on what postions they may need "more" room for at the moment.
I think that we're way too thin at TE, even if we keep 3. If Bennett is injured we'd only have Pascoe and Robinson left? Yikes!

Jahh
08-29-2012, 03:39 PM

As far as Hixon, knowing what they have in him has nothing to do with his use in the preseason. We know Cruz is good but manning was throwing to him seemingly every play.

BG61
08-29-2012, 03:41 PM
I think he's right and if it was my choice, Ware would be gone. The guy has shown me NOTHING this preseason to prove he belongs over Brown and Scott.

GameTime
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
As far as Hixon, knowing what they have in him has nothing to do with his use in the preseason. We know Cruz is good but manning was throwing to him seemingly every play.
Nicks was out....

ashleymarie
08-29-2012, 03:51 PM

A voice of reason.

Jahh
08-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Nicks was out....

I'm not sure what that has to do with it.

GameTime
08-29-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure what that has to do with it.
Cruz got more looks than he would have then if Nicks was in. You asked why Cruz got so many targets from Eli.
Also I feel the coaches wanted to see more of Barden, Randle, Douglas, etc and that played a part of Hixon not getting as many game reps. I couldbe 100% wrong but its just a thought.....

ozzie0075
08-29-2012, 04:00 PM
I think he's right and if it was my choice, Ware would be gone. The guy has shown me NOTHING this preseason to prove he belongs over Brown and Scott.

The problem is what has Brown done to beat Ware out?

Ware has 17 carries for 49 yards and 1 TD
Brown has 16 carries for 39 yards and 1 TD

Ware has a lot more experience and most importantly Eli trusts Ware in pass pro and called him the best route runner out of the backfield. And Brown has been a complete liability in pass pro.

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 04:01 PM
gametime
but its more about targets i think. almost every wr got targets, numerous ones throughout preseason. hixon had, what, 2? I can only recall 1 but Im sure I forgot one...
Whereas we targeted Cruz a whole bunch and we know what he brings. If anything, we dont actually know what Hixon brings to the offense bc he hasnt been in it for some time and when he was last on the field, that was coming off another span of not being healthy and on the field. Theres no way anyone can say "we know what hixon brings", how could you? We know what he brought in the past, some memorable great moments. but what does that have to do with today?

its a toss up. id say we keep him. originally i was thinking he was a lock. now it wouldnt surprise me at all if hixon got cut.

ryan12
08-29-2012, 04:05 PM
If Ware got bumped I wouldnt be upset. My point was just how much do yuo expect from a #3. If JJ does somehting good tonight you shouldnt eat crow. he still has a lot to prove if he can.

i will gladly which is in the thread you quoted me on lol

GameTime
08-29-2012, 04:17 PM
gametime
but its more about targets i think. almost every wr got targets, numerous ones throughout preseason. hixon had, what, 2? I can only recall 1 but Im sure I forgot one...
Whereas we targeted Cruz a whole bunch and we know what he brings. If anything, we dont actually know what Hixon brings to the offense bc he hasnt been in it for some time and when he was last on the field, that was coming off another span of not being healthy and on the field. Theres no way anyone can say "we know what hixon brings", how could you? We know what he brought in the past, some memorable great moments. but what does that have to do with today?

its a toss up. id say we keep him. originally i was thinking he was a lock. now it wouldnt surprise me at all if hixon got cut.
point taken. I guess I try to wonder what the coaches are thinking? Is Hixon not even good enough to get targeted in preason? I didnt watch much preseason at all. How much was Hixon even in??

titwio
08-29-2012, 04:32 PM
So you think they may cut their 2012 4th round draft pick?

He's just saying Robinson is on the bubble because he's not guaranteed anything yet, which is fair....but he does go on to say that he does see the Giants keeping 3 TE's and Robinson making it.

ryan12
08-29-2012, 04:39 PM
point taken. I guess I try to wonder what the coaches are thinking? Is Hixon not even good enough to get targeted in preason? I didnt watch much preseason at all. How much was Hixon even in??

he was in alot and did SQUAT

GameTime
08-29-2012, 04:41 PM
he was in alot and did SQUAT
no need to yell......:)

Easy E.
08-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Hixon may not have done much at WR this preseason, but IMO, he's still our best option at KR and PR.

KR/PR need to have ball security, which for people who will argue that job should go to Jerrnigan I would say he has show absolutely nothing in that. Runs before he has the ball. Hixon is reliable back there every time. Don't think it's that important? Ask the 49ers what they think about having someone who can field a punt properly....

GMENAGAIN
08-29-2012, 05:33 PM
The problem is what has Brown done to beat Ware out?

Ware has 17 carries for 49 yards and 1 TD
Brown has 16 carries for 39 yards and 1 TD

Ware has a lot more experience and most importantly Eli trusts Ware in pass pro and called him the best route runner out of the backfield. And Brown has been a complete liability in pass pro.
Excellent post.

People here think that Brown is a power runner because he is bigger than Ware, however, I have seen no evidence of Brown being able to run with power.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 06:42 PM

It's an opinion, no more,. no less. He happens to report very positively about the GIANTS.

Redeyejedi
08-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Ware has been on the bubble every year he has been in the NFL

Flip Empty
08-29-2012, 06:51 PM
steve smith made his choice and it was the wrong one... looks at the downward spiral he is on
Unfair to say that since he was injured last season. It sounds like he's getting a decent shot with the Rams.

Bigbluefan77
08-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Unfair to say that since he was injured last season. It sounds like he's getting a decent shot with the Rams.
smiths becoming bradfords favorite target, i wish him the best of luck
as long as hes not on the eagles I fully support him

BrianK01
08-29-2012, 07:19 PM
It's an opinion, no more,. no less. He happens to report very positively about the GIANTS.
Ok maybe uneducated was wrong? Regardless he clearly didn't think that through wouldn't you agree? They just drafted the kid, the coaches think highly of him and they are thin at the position.

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 07:27 PM
IIRC, he missed the first game. He started the 2nd and 3rd ones. (It may have been all 3 games he started, or it may have been he missed the 2nd game) There was one notable, nice Hixon play and that was on a 4th and short (vs the Jets I believe) and Eli threw a dart to Hixon who ran a short quick route past the marker, caught it outstretched in front of Revis. It was a real nice play. Eli threw him open somewhat, but it was still a pretty great catch.

See I know Hixon has skills and I know hes displayed an amazing skill set. But that was literally years ago. I just dont know how the TWO acl surgeries have affected him...I do know he had plenty of playing time, and was targeted probably the least of all the wr's...fwiw...but he has looked good and he's stayed healthy. i mean he hasnt made a glaring mistake either. its really a tough one. i mean we could all be inventing the idea of hixon getting cut here and it could be that TC never even thought about cutting him for a second...we'll find out real soon tho

NWKEffectElement
08-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Only reason he makes the team is because Andre Brown is awful.

ozzie0075
08-29-2012, 08:30 PM

That and they trust that Ware is going to be where he is supposed to be. The same can't be said for Brown and Scott.

Eli TO Shockey
08-29-2012, 08:56 PM

just terrible :confused:

Ware is gone

titwio
08-29-2012, 09:02 PM
just terrible :confused:

Ware is gone

The way it's looking this game, the guys on the bubble are Brown and Scott... being they're the only ones getting any playing time.

Ware unfortunately looks like he's safe.

Moke
08-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Jesus... Brown has looked much better than Ware

ozzie0075
08-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Scott isn't making this team just can't move laterally.

GameTime
08-29-2012, 09:45 PM
IIRC, he missed the first game. He started the 2nd and 3rd ones. (It may have been all 3 games he started, or it may have been he missed the 2nd game) There was one notable, nice Hixon play and that was on a 4th and short (vs the Jets I believe) and Eli threw a dart to Hixon who ran a short quick route past the marker, caught it outstretched in front of Revis. It was a real nice play. Eli threw him open somewhat, but it was still a pretty great catch.

See I know Hixon has skills and I know hes displayed an amazing skill set. But that was literally years ago. I just dont know how the TWO acl surgeries have affected him...I do know he had plenty of playing time, and was targeted probably the least of all the wr's...fwiw...but he has looked good and he's stayed healthy. i mean he hasnt made a glaring mistake either. its really a tough one. i mean we could all be inventing the idea of hixon getting cut here and it could be that TC never even thought about cutting him for a second...we'll find out real soon tho
so basically you are saying he could be cut or not......:o

ozzie0075
08-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Brown and Scott might both get cut if someone like Chris Ivory becomes available.