PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Officials to start the season..

rxc999
08-29-2012, 03:47 PM
NFL will start season with replacement officials, that's got me worried... there's going to some blown calls in the 1st game..i just hope it wont to be too costly and end up costing the game....owners just give the officials the money and move on!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/29/nfl-will-start-season-with-replacement-officials/

njg85m
08-29-2012, 04:29 PM
NFL will start season with replacement officials, that's got me worried... there's going to some blown calls in the 1st game..i just hope it wont to be too costly and end up costing the game....owners just give the officials the money and move on!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/29/nfl-will-start-season-with-replacement-officials/

The league really needs to temporarily increase the number of coach challenges to 3 if this is the case, in my opinion.

These guys didn't even remember to review more than half of the plays that they were supposed to automatically review for Christ's sake. This could get ugly

Moke
08-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah, the replacement officials have been awful. Something needs to be done. I have a feeling **** is going to get real controversial this season

GameTime
08-29-2012, 04:32 PM
they should give the HCs one extra challenge per half....

ebick
08-29-2012, 04:44 PM
The only good thing I have seen is that the bad calls appear to against both teams......bad is bad, but at least it's not an advantage for anyone.

manning to shockey
08-29-2012, 04:49 PM
After they throw a flag they look like deer in the headlights, like they don't even know why they threw the flag in the first place.

ShakeandBake
08-29-2012, 04:50 PM
If I would have known the NFL was hiring refs with HS football experience, I would've applied myself.

njg85m
08-29-2012, 04:50 PM
After they throw a flag they look like deer in the headlights, like they don't even know why they threw the flag in the first place.

^ This.

Missing calls is one thing, but I think it's pretty obvious that a lot of these guys don't even know when they are supposed to call something, even when they see it.

njg85m
08-29-2012, 04:51 PM
If I would have known the NFL was hiring refs with HS football experience, I would've applied myself.

It was actually 'glorified High School' experience, if you remember correctly. So technically I think you are over qualified.

"Whatever that means".