PDA

View Full Version : O-Line is struggling against Pats 2nds...

Razur
08-29-2012, 07:29 PM
This looks ugly..hope it gets fixed before we see the Cowboys?

jints10
08-29-2012, 07:34 PM
This will not be the opening day OL

Robz
08-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Nicks looked a liitle slow out there, hopefully he won't look like that next week.

Razur
08-29-2012, 07:39 PM
This will not be the opening day OL

Phew ! thats a relief !

BMW
08-29-2012, 07:52 PM
I thought the O-Line was mostly starters?

titwio
08-29-2012, 07:55 PM
I thought the O-Line was mostly starters?

It is with the exception of Petrus...

Redeyejedi
08-29-2012, 07:56 PM
I thought the O-Line was mostly starters? It is. The Oline is horrible. Its probably the worst in the NFL. they overcame it last year have to do it again

BMW
08-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Right no idea what Jints10 was talking about.

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 08:05 PM
i have to say, that was maybe the most putrid, uninspired, heartless performance i've seen by an OL...ever. like they dont even fire off the ball. they lollygag off the ball. its pathetic. even wilson was starting to like wave his arm in disappointment (i noticed it at least).

Like this was kind of a rude awakening imho. I know our offense has serious fire power. but if the firewood is wet, the fire aint getting started. And right now our entire OL looks like soggy wet paper bags...they better have intensity and desire opening game...

giantsfan420
08-29-2012, 08:06 PM
u can go thru any flat, bad performance from our offense the past few years, and 99% of the time, it is a result of the run game being lifeless and then the pass game being worthless bc of the OL

BMW
08-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Maybe they played like that on purpose lol.

TheEnigma
08-29-2012, 08:18 PM
It is. The Oline is horrible. Its probably the worst in the NFL. they overcame it last year have to do it again

Think we finally draft an OL in the 1st next year? There's plenty of talent at the position in the late 1st.

ozzie0075
08-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Some the issues looked like miss-communications between Petrus and Diehl. Also Petrus is a significant downgrade from Snee. And i'm really hoping some of the other issues are just veteran guys going through the motions in a game that doesn't matter. I expect that the coaches will get on these guys and they will play much better.

With Eli's ability to move within the pocket and the game breakers on the outside the line just needs to be average in order to win.

egyptian420
08-29-2012, 08:34 PM
It looked atrocious indeed but I'm not overwelmingly worried and ready to write off the season just yet

titwio
08-29-2012, 08:36 PM
What I want to know is, what happened to Petrus. The guy looked like he was on the rise last year and played pretty well in the action he got.

Now it's looking like he prepared this off season at White Castle. Dude is all over the place.

Razur
08-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Some the issues looked like miss-communications between Petrus and Diehl. Also Petrus is a significant downgrade from Snee. And i'm really hoping some of the other issues are just veteran guys going through the motions in a game that doesn't matter. I expect that the coaches will get on these guys and they will play much better.

With Eli's ability to move within the pocket and the game breakers on the outside the line just needs to be average in order to win.

I don't think Eli's mobility is going to compensate for an O-Line that can't protect. This wasn't even the Pats 1's. And there defense sucked last year. Dallas and the rest of the NFC East will be coming much faster & harder...more than Eli would be able to escape from every down. I don't buy the line of any player shutting down either..this isnt the Pro Bowl game..you're on the field, you play till you are relieved.

Nope, this is just plain and simple a very bad performance, that has got to get better , fast.

ozzie0075
08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
What I want to know is, what happened to Petrus. The guy looked like he was on the rise last year and played pretty well in the action he got.

Now it looks like he prepared this off season at White Castle. Dude is all over the place.

Agreed I though he was going to be a good player for us. At this point i'm not sure he is an NFL player, he may stick on this team because the O-line depth is just that bad. He seems to have regressed a whole lot in the off season.

ozzie0075
08-29-2012, 08:42 PM
I don't think Eli's mobility is going to compensate for an O-Line that can't protect. This wasn't even the Pats 1's. And there defense sucked last year. Dallas and the rest of the NFC East will be coming much faster & harder...more than Eli would be able to escape from every down. I don't buy the line of any player shutting down either..this isnt the Pro Bowl game..you're on the field, you play till you are relieved.

Nope, this is just plain and simple a very bad performance, that has got to get better , fast.

I think there is something to shutting it down they looked much better against Chicago's front seven. I also don't think you can under estimate missing Snee he is the by far the best player on the line. They also looked pretty good against the Jets. That leads me to believe that when it matters next Wednesday they will play well enough to win.

Cool Papa B.
08-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm not able to watch the game, but I have to believe there's a good reason for their poor performance. The played well against a good Bears defense last week.

BigJ
08-29-2012, 08:45 PM
People forget, the line was terrible last year, so when we get al these new playmakers everyone gets happy but in reality the oline is actually worse then last year. I dont care how much David Wilson can move the way he does we are in trouble with that Oline, they did terrible against the Pats 2's and 3's. I thought our conerback situation was the biggest problem....... I guess i was wrong

ozzie0075
08-29-2012, 08:50 PM
People forget, the line was terrible last year, so when we get al these new playmakers everyone gets happy but in reality the oline is actually worse then last year. I dont care how much David Wilson can move the way he does we are in trouble with that Oline, they did terrible against the Pats 2's and 3's. I thought our conerback situation was the biggest problem....... I guess i was wrong

So far in the preseason the oline has had 3 solid performances and one bad performance. What people fail to realize is that Eli has not been sacked once this entire preseason until tonight. Maybe the they took for granted who they were playing. Everyone just needs to calm down a bit.

Cool Papa B.
08-29-2012, 08:57 PM
So far in the preseason the oline has had 3 solid performances and one bad performance. What people fail to realize is that Eli has not been sacked once this entire preseason until tonight. Maybe the they took for granted who they were playing. Everyone just needs to calm down a bit.

+1...

You should post this on this thread a few dozen times and on all the threads talking about the OLine.

Diamondring
08-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Wow it seems like a lot of people don't know the game of football.

nhpgiantsfan
08-29-2012, 09:48 PM
The run blocking flat out sucks. It did last year, and it has all of preseason this year.

ImElectric2
08-29-2012, 09:49 PM
I actually logged on to start a thread on the OLine. This is the first game I was able to catch this preseason and they looked BAD. Like, awful bad. If this is any indication it is not good for our season. Obviously a lot can happen in a season and there is a good chance they gel/improve etc, but I havn't seen a OLine play this bad for us in a long time. I really hope someone gets cut that we can pickup and insert. I doubt it, but man....we need something.

BigJ
08-29-2012, 10:11 PM
+1...

You should post this on this thread a few dozen times and on all the threads talking about the OLine.

Ozzie your right about the sacks, but like i said and a bunch of people are sayin we were last in the NFL last year in rushing, We did not upgrade at the position and they did look bad tonight. Do u really think this isnt a problem????

Cool Papa B.
08-29-2012, 10:11 PM
The run blocking flat out sucks. It did last year, and it has all of preseason this year.

Did you see last weeks game vs. the Bears?

BigJ
08-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Did you see last weeks game vs. the Bears?

You really think we wont have a problem???

ozzie0075
08-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Ozzie your right about the sacks, but like i said and a bunch of people are sayin we were last in the NFL last year in rushing, We did not upgrade at the position and they did look bad tonight. Do u really think this isnt a problem????

I'm just saying its not as big of a problem as people are making it out to be. The run blocking has been poor at times. Last year the line both Beatty and Baas missed a significant amount of time. The line improved as the season went on resulting in a 4.2 average in the play offs. The o-line played well in the 3 previous games this preseason. Also with Bradshaw being nicked up all season the Giants didn't have an explosive player out of the backfield. I fully expect the o-line to improve over last season provided Beatty can come back healthy. The big issue is depth if there are major injuries to the line then all bet are off and it could be a very long season.

lawrenceS59
08-29-2012, 11:07 PM
This is what happens when you wait until the late rounds to draft an Offensive Lineman. Clearly the didn't consider O-Line to be a huge concern if they continually choose to not draft offensive lineman in the first or second round. How does Petrus remain on the roster? He's absolutely terrible. No one blocked anything. The FB sucked too. I have no idea how they plan on running the ball for positive yardage during the season.

bearbryant
08-29-2012, 11:17 PM
I did not see tonights game but did see the first 3 games and the O line is still the weakest part of this team... including the secondary with our injured CB's. We were last in rushing last year for a reason and it wasn't because of BJ or AB or DJ. It was the O line- simple. No upgrades in the off season . So if nothing changes than nothing changes! I don't expect this to change much except maybe for 2 items: 1- maybe we get another teams cast off who is really a professional O lineman or 2- the offense becomes an even higher percentage of pass than run to make up for the run blocking or lack therein. And as far as calming down thats the garbage I heard last year about our rushing game and it was all year long. Thats why we came in last. Look at the O line, we believe you can use late round picks for O linemen. So far it has worked: We're Super Bowl Champs; but we certainly do not show a very good rushing stat do we? Go Giants!

lawrenceS59
08-29-2012, 11:20 PM
All I'm saying is, how can you cut a running back when they didn't get an opportunity to show what they can do? I understand saying "ok, they can't run the ball so lets see if we can get them so work in screen plays"......then the QB has no time to pass the ball because of poor pass protection up front. It's a crap situation that the offensive line put these guys in. They're trying to make a team and can't show their talents.

primetime
08-29-2012, 11:23 PM
All I'm saying is, how can you cut a running back when they didn't get an opportunity to show what they can do? I understand saying "ok, they can't run the ball so lets see if we can get them so work in screen plays"......then the QB has no time to pass the ball because of poor pass protection up front. It's a crap situation that the offensive line put these guys in. They're trying to make a team and can't show their talents.

I'm pretty sure Tom Coughlin and staff put that into consideration when making there cuts.

ELI_Iz_God
08-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Nicks looked a liitle slow out there, hopefully he won't look like that next week.

Uhh..so far in preseason we have seen Cruz by himself ...and Nicks by himself (very limitied) when Cruz AND Nicks are out there at the same time it changes the whole dynamics of our offense. This didn't needed to be pointed out.

ksmooth22
08-29-2012, 11:26 PM

bro, the guy just hurt himself a couple months ago very badly, hes probably not attacking at full man, he def isnt 100 percent bro, he is not trying bro, he is at 60 percent at best, they did not say "hey nicks go out their and i want you to catch 20 balls for 305 yards. they said bro be careful out their man.

lawrenceS59
08-29-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Tom Coughlin and staff put that into consideration when making there cuts.

One can only hope. They'd have to have a legit reason for keeping more players in a particular unit than they need. Same can be said for the WR's. Terrible O'Line play gave Carr zero time to throw the ball. The o-line ruined just about everything.

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 12:27 AM
bro, the guy just hurt himself a couple months ago very badly, hes probably not attacking at full man, he def isnt 100 percent bro, he is not trying bro, he is at 60 percent at best, they did not say "hey nicks go out their and i want you to catch 20 balls for 305 yards. they said bro be careful out their man.

dude...60% at best...lmfao

BigJ
09-05-2012, 09:46 PM
So what do u say about all this now, like i said we were last in rushing last year for a reason, its starting to look like were in the same sopot again. nothing has changed we can not run this ball at all. U still really think this is not a problem, U and "Cool Papa B"??????

Razur
09-05-2012, 09:59 PM
So what do u say about all this now, like i said we were last in rushing last year for a reason, its starting to look like were in the same sopot again. nothing has changed we can not run this ball at all. U still really think this is not a problem, U and "Cool Papa B"??????

As bad as the O-Line is...and it sucks... Bradshaw is NOT running with any power..he can't break a tackle, he can't make a cut...he's brought down by one tackler...the RUN game is dead tonight