PDA

View Full Version : Cut David Carr!!!

NYKiller
08-29-2012, 08:40 PM
I am convince that this guy will never be a successful quarterback in the NFL unless he is playing behind the best offensive line ever. He needs a lot of time just to make an average pass and he always seem worry about the pass rush that WILL SACK HIM. He looks like a rookie back there. If Eli Manning get's hurt and can't play in the playoffs, the giants season is OVER! The giants need a back up qb who can give them a real chance to win if Eli gets hurt. I don't care if Carr throws 4 tds in the second half, he stink. And I will say it again like I said after the Superbowl, the giants offensive line will be their biggest problem on offense when the season start.

NYKiller is back, my old username is working again/The Destroyer last season/This board is really screwy lol

Flip Empty
08-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Most teams would be screwed if their starting QB went down. The offensive line is more of a worry than the #2 quarterback.

You think Perriloux can win a championship?

Diamondring
08-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Other teams have their players to and they are going to make plays. Carr is not bad and can play. He gets more snaps and he will get use to things. There was a year or two he did ok.

NYKiller
08-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Most teams would be screwed if their starting QB went down. The offensive line is more of a worry than the #2 quarterback.

Yes you are right about most teams, but with Carr I'm pretty sure the giants may not even make the playoffs with him. My problem is it seems like I'm the only person who notice that David Carr is not even good enough to be a backup or maybe they just don't want to cut him for whatever reason. I haven't seen much of Perriloux and he may not have enough experience to win a Super Bowl, but I would be surprise if he is worst than Carr. Perriloux should be the third qb at best, but Carr is not good enough to be the second qb on the Giants. I believe the O-line will only be as strong as the players starting at tackle in terms of pass blocking. They may need to improve in the running blocking area.

Flip Empty
08-29-2012, 09:23 PM
The Giants only ever carry two quarterbacks, so right now the options are either Carr or Perriloux. Given the choice, I'd go with Carr, but who knows what'll actually happen.

Diamondring
08-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Yes you are right about most teams, but with Carr I'm pretty sure the giants may not even make the playoffs with him. My problem is it seems like I'm the only person who notice that David Carr is not even good enough to be a backup or maybe they just don't want to cut him for whatever reason. I haven't seen much of Perriloux and he may not have enough experience to win a Super Bowl, but I would be surprise if he is worst than Carr. Perriloux should be the third qb at best, but Carr is not good enough to be the second qb on the Giants. I believe the O-line will only be as strong as the players starting at tackle in terms of pass blocking. They may need to improve in the running blocking area.But he is playing well so what are you talking about? Why you guys think it can't get better. I know Carr didn't do well with the 49ers but they were bumms back then. He is doing just fine.

Moke
08-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah, david carr is awful man.

NYKiller
08-29-2012, 09:32 PM
But he is playing well so what are you talking about? Why you guys think it can't get better. I know Carr didn't do well with the 49ers but they were bumms back then. He is doing just fine.

LOL, David Carr suck. I don't care what any say. I have a good eye for talent. I want to see him past the ball more which he is not doing. That tells me he has no competition and will be the Giants second qb. The good news is Eli is tough and durable, and give the giants less worries in terms of injuries.

BrianK01
08-29-2012, 09:38 PM
There is not even 32 competent QBs in the league. Who are you gonna get that would be a better back up?

GameTime
08-29-2012, 09:40 PM

you never expect or worry about your back up QB winning a championship. You want him to keep games close and maybe pull out a few wins till the stater can get back if thats the case.
As far as Carr. I liked him initially because of all his experience but he takes WAY too long to get the play off. Many times he doesnt have time but even when he does he takes forever to go through his reads and his pocket awareness isnt very good IMO. Sheel shocked or not he is not that good

nhpgiantsfan
08-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Yes you are right about most teams, but with Carr I'm pretty sure the giants may not even make the playoffs with him. My problem is it seems like I'm the only person who notice that David Carr is not even good enough to be a backup or maybe they just don't want to cut him for whatever reason. I haven't seen much of Perriloux and he may not have enough experience to win a Super Bowl, but I would be surprise if he is worst than Carr. Perriloux should be the third qb at best, but Carr is not good enough to be the second qb on the Giants. I believe the O-line will only be as strong as the players starting at tackle in terms of pass blocking. They may need to improve in the running blocking area.

It doesn't matter. If Eli goes down, the season goes down. Perilous or Carr if they have to play we are doomed.

Moke
08-29-2012, 09:43 PM
"david carr suck"

ok.... let's sign Vick as our back-up. Will that satisfy you? I bet we have a better back-up than 50% of the league.

Robz
08-29-2012, 09:45 PM
lets pray Eli doesnt get hurt...SERIOUSLY.

SackingMyths
08-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Not in love with the guy by any stretch. But our starting O-line is subpar, so what do you expect when he's in there behind THEIR backups?

These backup linemen are downright atrocious and it's hard to evaluate anyone with such dreadful protection.

I'll admit that he does tend to take entirely too long to scan the field, and stares down his receivers. But he's good enough to be our backup.

GmenFan1980
08-29-2012, 10:18 PM
he is a back-up for a reason. it's terrible he holds onto the ball far too long and rightfully get sacked for it, but he still did fine out their. 11/18 for 136 yards and no turnovers.

bearbryant
08-29-2012, 11:22 PM
So what are people yelling about carrs numbers for???
he is a back-up for a reason. it's terrible he holds onto the ball far too long and rightfully get sacked for it, but he still did fine out their. 11/18 for 136 yards and no turnovers.

thegiantsrule10
08-29-2012, 11:26 PM
what you want from a guy who was expected to make a expansion team good behind the worst o-line ever. if you don't know im talking about Houston.

lawrenceS59
08-29-2012, 11:30 PM
The offensive line gave him zero time to throw the ball. McCants and Petrus were acting like Matidors out there. Overall, a F- for the O-Line this preseason. I don't know how they keep any of the backups other than Locklear.

Sarcasman
08-29-2012, 11:32 PM
LOL, David Carr suck. I don't care what any say. I have a good eye for talent. I want to see him past the ball more which he is not doing. That tells me he has no competition and will be the Giants second qb. The good news is Eli is tough and durable, and give the giants less worries in terms of injuries.

Oh good, someone with an eye for talent.

Who should they replace Carr with?

Sarcasman
08-29-2012, 11:33 PM
ok.... let's sign Vick as our back-up. Will that satisfy you? I bet we have a better back-up than 50% of the league.

That feels like a downgrade to me. I mean, sure his delivery looks wacky but at least Carr is a threat to throw the ball.....

BrianK01
08-29-2012, 11:45 PM
LOL, David Carr suck. I don't care what any say. I have a good eye for talent. I want to see him past the ball more which he is not doing. That tells me he has no competition and will be the Giants second qb. The good news is Eli is tough and durable, and give the giants less worries in terms of injuries.LMFAO at the eye for talent comment.

Toadofsteel
08-30-2012, 12:07 AM
I'd still trust Perriloux more than Carr after what I saw this preseason. I think Carr is getting up there now...

FlyingTruck
08-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Then why are you wasting your time on these forums?! You should be out there scouting players for an NFL team! You're wasting your life away!

Easy E.
08-30-2012, 12:41 AM
I like how you say cut Carr but still have yet to offer an alternative back up. Figured a guy with an eye for talent like you would have a long list. Maybe call Jared Lorenzen??

RagTime Blue
08-30-2012, 02:41 AM
I would trust Carr to keep a game close for a quarter or a half if Eli had to leave the game early. Beyond that, we're done. He's not very good, and eventually we have to stop blaming an offensive line from 10 years ago for his problems. He just HAS to get rid of the ball sooner. . .all QB's face heat.

I also didn't care for his laughing carefree attitude when Brown fumbled inside our own 5. Perhaps he's getting rather comfy as Eli's backup. Perhaps not.

Anyway, I understand the argument that good QB's are hard to find, but we should always be looking for an upgrade.

Toadofsteel
08-30-2012, 02:46 AM
At the very least, find room for Perrilloux on the roster. If something happens to Eli (God Forbid), we need someone like him. And if we cut him, some other QB starved team will likely pick up his arm cannon...

Giantsfan241
08-30-2012, 02:50 AM
There is no way anybody can deny that Carr has played terrible this preseason, he needs to stop eating those oreos because Eli is not wonderman he will go down eventually like the rest of them.

GMan-67
08-30-2012, 03:17 AM
yeah what happened to Carr? ... i know he's never recovered from the beating he took in Houston, but he used to be our preseason secret weapon ... is it all him? ... that's what worries me more

Flip Empty
08-30-2012, 03:24 AM
At the very least, find room for Perrilloux on the roster. If something happens to Eli (God Forbid), we need someone like him.
To do what? Neither Carr nor Perriloux can do Eli's job.

RagTime Blue
08-30-2012, 03:51 AM
The only reason we carry 2 QB's instead of the NFL usual 3, is because we wanted to keep both Tynes and Carney on the roster. Once we got rid of Carney, we never went back to having 3.

It takes a few seasons to swallow Gilbride's Kool-Aid, and we should have a young guy doing just that.

GMan-67
08-30-2012, 04:27 AM
The only reason we carry 2 QB's instead of the NFL usual 3, is because we wanted to keep both Tynes and Carney on the roster. Once we got rid of Carney, we never went back to having 3.

It takes a few seasons to swallow Gilbride's Kool-Aid, and we should have a young guy doing just that.

well i'll leave the Gilbride dig go for now, but we can't carry 3, the final 53 is gonna be very tough

Dwinsballgames
08-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Ridiculous!

Find someone better than Carr (a former starting NFL quarterback who knpws our offense) to replace him and then we'll talk. (and no, it's not Perriloux)

Dwinsballgames
08-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Ridiculous! <BR><BR>Find someone better than Carr (a former starting NFL quarterback who knows our offense) to replace him and then we'll talk. (and no, it's not Perriloux)

BParcells777
08-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Ridiculous!

Find someone better than Carr (a former starting NFL quarterback who knpws our offense) to replace him and then we'll talk. (and no, it's not Perriloux)

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh........EVERYONE is better than Carr.......how about AJ Feeley?.......Carr certainly does not get the back up QB effect.......Not even Carr's mom want so to see him in there

BParcells777
08-30-2012, 10:20 AM
If the Giants think they cann pass Perrilloux through waivers again and put him on the Practice Squad again, well they are sadly mistaken (see Jake Ballard).....in the short time he was in preseason he went 8-9 with 2 TDs and no INTs..........probably the highest QBR in the NFL pre-season, albiet a small sample size

If I were the Jets I'd grab Perrilloux right away, cut Sanchez and start Tebow game #1

Sanchez is a younger David Carr....hit him a few times and he falls apart

GameTime
08-30-2012, 10:30 AM
To do what? Neither Carr nor Perriloux can do Eli's job.
they are back ups. They are not supposed to do Eli's job like Eli.

BurnerNYG
08-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh........EVERYONE is better than Carr.......how about AJ Feeley?.......Carr certainly does not get the back up QB effect.......Not even Carr's mom want so to see him in thereHilarious.

Dwinsballgames
08-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh........EVERYONE is better than Carr.......how about AJ Feeley?.......Carr certainly does not get the back up QB effect.......Not even Carr's mom want so to see him in there

Yeah OK, great response. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

tonyt830
08-30-2012, 10:36 AM
The offensive line gave him zero time to throw the ball. McCants and Petrus were acting like Matidors out there. Overall, a F- for the O-Line this preseason. I don't know how they keep any of the backups other than Locklear.agreed. McCants looked bad, and Petrus seems to have taken a step back in his development. I'm sure Reese will be looking for some solid depth on the O-line on the waiver wire.

Lets just be happy that Eli has been an iron man back there. I would not be confident with Carr or Perriloux if they had to come in for an injured Eli. I was disappointed thought that Perriloux did not get any PT last night.

GameTime
08-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Honestly I think Carr goes through his reads way too slow. You think a QB who is supposedly shell shocked would chuck and duck. He is the opposite. Good guy and a team player I guess but he lacks in football IQ IMO. I htkn RP has way more upside and def a better arm. The Giants dont seem into grooming a QB at the moment. Between Carr and Perriloux I think either one wouldn't make much dif if Eli went down temporarliy. At this point in time I ouwld take RP instead of Carr.

BParcells777
08-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah OK, great response. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

well think about it.........which of thise two could win more games if Eli went down. The all-time NFL sacked record holder......or Ryan P?

Dwinsballgames
08-30-2012, 10:49 AM
well think about it.........which of thise two could win more games if Eli went down. The all-time NFL sacked record holder......or Ryan P?

I honestly think Carr would do better and I guess we'll know in a few hours if the Giants FO agrees

Flip Empty
08-30-2012, 10:49 AM
they are back ups. They are not supposed to do Eli's job like Eli.
That was my point. It doesn't matter who's back there because if they're starting games then the season is over.

njg85m
08-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Just ridiculous. Sometimes I read this board and scratch my head...
Who exactly do we replace him with?

Last night he most likely had a serious case of Houston Deja Vu behind that offensive line, and he STILL had solid numbers despite the fact that he was under attack within 2 seconds on nearly every snap.

njg85m
08-30-2012, 10:51 AM
That was my point. It doesn't matter who's back there because if they're starting games then the season is over.

If that was the case we would only have 3 Super bowls, not 4.

JJC7301
08-30-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm very happy with Carr as back-up. Best back-up we've had in a very long time since he first came on board.

Giants5699
08-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Ridiculous!

Rex Grossman is a former starting QB. Carr started essentially for a minor league team.

Giants5699
08-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Hostetler = greatest backup in history

Flip Empty
08-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Which brings me back to my first question: Do you think Perriloux can win a championship?

lamas
08-30-2012, 11:14 AM
I would trust Carr to keep a game close for a quarter or a half if Eli had to leave the game early. Beyond that, we're done. He's not very good, and eventually we have to stop blaming an offensive line from 10 years ago for his problems. He just HAS to get rid of the ball sooner. . .all QB's face heat.

I also didn't care for his laughing carefree attitude when Brown fumbled inside our own 5. Perhaps he's getting rather comfy as Eli's backup. Perhaps not.

Anyway, I understand the argument that good QB's are hard to find, but we should always be looking for an upgrade.

I think the laugh had to do with Pacoe not catching the ball that would have been a safety rather than Brown's fumble.

From what I see, I think I would take RP over Carr at this point. Neither of them could replace Eli, but I just think Ryan has more upside than Carr.

Dwinsballgames
08-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Rex Grossman is a former starting QB. Carr started essentially for a minor league team.

Rex effing Grossman!!???, I'd rather have JLoad back

nhpgiantsfan
08-30-2012, 11:25 AM

Yeah but in 1990 we had a great Oline, a great running game, and a great defense. We have none of those right now. Our offense relies on Eli. There is no back up QB that could step in and take us to the playoffs.

njg85m
08-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Which brings me back to my first question: Do you think Perriloux can win a championship?

Never said he could, and no I don't think it would be likely at all. Yet, no one thought a hybrid QB/WR could win one for us either, and he did.

However, if it came to that although unlikely, it's more likely to happen with Carr IMO than it is with Perriloux.

fansince69
08-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Hostetler = greatest backup in history

really? based on what.....I think Earl Morrall might give him a run for his money......

Diamondring
08-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Rex effing Grossman!!???, I'd rather have JLoad backRex better than JLoad.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
08-30-2012, 09:08 PM
I remember a few people saying Carr could win us the SB if Eli went down.

Same fools who probably thought Jared Lorenzen could too.

The "Eli has a great team" thinkers... doi.