PDA

View Full Version : I Respect our coaches but they spat on Ryan P this preseason..

Marvelousmik
08-29-2012, 10:33 PM
They didnt even give him a chance to compete...

For those of you who think he doesnt deserve a chance. (8/9 98 yards, 2 touchdowns.)

brad
08-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I think they have already made their decision about him, and would prefer not to draw too much attention on him

mikeq6722
08-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I think they have already made their decision about him, and would prefer not to draw too much attention on him

Exactly. Chances are they want him on the practice squad again for a year. It sucks for him but it also shows how much the team values him that they dont want him to go elsewhere.

penguinfarmer
08-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Boohoo for the guy who will never play.

fourth&forever
08-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Carr needed the work.

RoanokeFan
08-29-2012, 11:07 PM
They didnt even give him a chance to compete...

For those of you who think he doesnt deserve a chance. (8/9 98 yards, 2 touchdowns.)

He was never going to unseat Carr

Toadofsteel
08-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Exactly. Chances are they want him on the practice squad again for a year. It sucks for him but it also shows how much the team values him that they dont want him to go elsewhere.

Yeah I have a feeling that he'll get on the PS again, and maybe be ping-ponged again, to cover him up. Carr is one of the, if not the oldest, players on the team. Eventually Perrilloux will replace Carr.

Giant stuck in Texas
08-29-2012, 11:12 PM
They Giants know what the have already with RP and want him to clear waiver wires. I agree with the OP on this one, it's a little dirty, but at the end of the day its a business.

Marvelousmik
08-29-2012, 11:27 PM
He was never going to unseat Carr

If an undrafted FA could become the best slot reciever in the NFL, then a 3rd string QB could become a number 2.

But to me this is not about beating out carr or making the team. Its about playing football and getting the opportunity to prove to other coaches that there is a place for you in this league. Whether he has the talent to do so is left to be seen. But he at least earned a chance tonight, and didnt get it.

Marvelousmik
08-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, i love the giants and i have A LOT of respect for TC. Thats why i am open to the fact that i am not a coach and i dont know what goes on in practice, and that my football knowledge is no where near the level of 2 time superbowl champion who has been in the league for years. But when i put myself in RP's place i can only imagine his frustration. I just wish i had a good explanation as to why this happened.

BParcells777
08-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Carr has done everything possible to insure he gets cut outright

Giants5699
08-29-2012, 11:48 PM
If Eli gets hurt at any point, Perriloux would eventually be the starter. If Eli got hurt week 6, by week 9 Perriloux would beat out Carr.

Easy E.
08-30-2012, 01:45 AM
Gotta love the boards man! Fighting over 3rd strong QBs! Thank god week 1 is among us because I think we are a little anxious...