PDA

View Full Version : Tuck could be out next week.

Firenugget
12-13-2011, 08:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825035e9/article/tucks-toe-injury-could-keep-him-out-of-giants-next-game

Captain Chaos
12-13-2011, 08:48 AM
That is terrible news!

Bavaro4Prez
12-13-2011, 09:36 AM
That is terrible news!

lol, why? He's been out for the previous 13 games.

At this point, we're better off without him in there. He clearly is not himself this season.

The real "terrible" news is that Osi will probably not be ready next week.

barran21
12-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Sheeeesh.....and OSI is not ready to come back...

hungrrrry
12-13-2011, 09:50 AM
They will likely have Tollefson in on the weakside...They should have Kiwi on the strongside and JPP on the weakside. Kiwi is awesome rushing the passer to the QBs leftside...however that leaves us weak at LB but that is nothing new.
Tuck needs to get real...Lawrence Taylor played with a broken ankle....Ronnie Lot lost a finger in a game but had the trainers tape it up and he finished the game. What the **** Tuck, you are becoming a disappointment!

shockeyg
12-13-2011, 09:51 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825035e9/article/tucks-toe-injury-could-keep-him-out-of-giants-next-gameThat's one of the biggest reasons Wash. beat us the first time we had NO DE's . Son of a </P>

</P>

buddy33
12-13-2011, 09:54 AM
How does anyone know what another person is going through as far as pain?

Sometimes a broken bone is better than a sprain. Turf toe has ruined many seasons for some players. He has played injured before. Can't fault him for having numerous injuries. It's just a bad year for him.

I hope he feels better at the end of the week and it's nothing serious.

Dwinsballgames
12-13-2011, 09:58 AM
How does anyone know what another person is going through as far as pain? Sometimes a broken bone is better than a sprain. Turf toe has ruined many seasons for some players. He has played injured before. Can't fault him for having numerous injuries. It's just a bad year for him. I hope he feels better at the end of the week and it's nothing serious.</P>

+1</P>

GmanSenior
12-13-2011, 09:58 AM
What else is new with "Justine" Tuck. The guy is more brittle than a Christmas tree ornament. Between him and Osi it looks like DE will actually be a need in this spring's draft.

Kingb50
12-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Tuck as been an Ironman for us the last few seasons, this year he is just banged up. Whats our motto "Next man Up"</P>

TroyArcher
12-13-2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825035e9/article/tucks-toe-injury-could-keep-him-out-of-giants-next-game</P>

</P>

Addition by subtraction. </P>

ny06
12-13-2011, 10:09 AM
How does anyone know what another person is going through as far as pain? Sometimes a broken bone is better than a sprain. Turf toe has ruined many seasons for some players. He has played injured before. Can't fault him for having numerous injuries. It's just a bad year for him. I hope he feels better at the end of the week and it's nothing serious.</P>

Let me start off saying Tuck is my favorite player. </P>

But saying that, these injuries he is claiming to have should not keep him out of playing. </P>

We have 3 weeks left of the season, and every game <U>counts</U></P>

Every player right now in the NFL is injured in some way, but they are sucking it up and going out there. This is the same player who played with a torn labrum ligament in 09, and did not miss a game. This season pulled groin, stinger, sprained ankle are keeping him out of games. </P>

buddy33
12-13-2011, 10:14 AM

Let me start off saying Tuck is my favorite player. </P>

But saying that, these injuries he is claiming to have should not keep him out of playing. </P>

We have 3 weeks left of the season, and every game <U>counts</U></P>

Every player right now in the NFL is injured in some way, but they are sucking it up and going out there. This is the same player who played with a torn labrum ligament in 09, and did not miss a game. This season pulled groin, stinger, sprained ankle are keeping him out of games. </P>

See, because he is your favorite player, he is one of mine as well, it's hard to see him do so bad. He himself knows it and doesn't say differently. He knows he is not playing well.

To say he should suck it up though is wrong because we have no idea how he feels. Like you said, he played with a bad shoulder for an entire season. So why now question his toughness?

Say he has a broken toe or maybe even worse, turf toe. That can be worse than a broken hand or arm. If he is off balance or playing on one leg they are in more trouble. A big toe injury can ruin a season and make the toughest guy a non factor.

bigbluegmenfan
12-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Mike Francesa asked Tuck yesterday "Gut feeling- playing on Sunday"?

He responded.."yes"

So, maybe too early to write him off for Sunday.

burier
12-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Justin Tuck is dead to me until he produces.

For all you folks who love him so much I don't really get it.

He's not a fiery leader. Leading by example is fine but he can't do that either

Takes plays off
Comes out of games in key moments (Waived someone back on the field because he didn't feel like comming in yet against the Packers...THE PACKERS FOR ****S SAKE! EVERY DAMN DEFENSIVE POSSESSION WAS CRITICAL AND HE WAS ON THE SIDELINE)

complains of double teams, people pulling his helmet which apparently makes his tummy hurt.

blames poor performances on owies and booboos.

We're playing for our lives and he's getting thrown around like 90 pound white kid in a mosh pit.

I'd rather have Tolly in there. He'll at least try.

Dwinsballgames
12-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Justin Tuck is dead to me until he produces. For all you folks who love him so much I don't really get it. He's not a fiery leader. Leading by example is fine but he can't do that either Takes plays off Comes out of games in key moments (Waived someone back on the field because he didn't feel like comming in yet against the Packers...THE PACKERS FOR ****S SAKE! EVERY DAMN DEFENSIVE POSSESSION WAS CRITICAL AND HE WAS ON THE SIDELINE) complains of double teams, people pulling his helmet which apparently makes his tummy hurt. blames poor performances on owies and booboos. We're playing for our lives and he's getting thrown around like 90 pound white kid in a mosh pit. I'd rather have Tolly in there. He'll at least try.</P>

</P>

It must be nice to sit there in your comfy chair behind your computer screen and pass judgement on someone when it is clear that you haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.I especially like it when you say "we're playing for our lives" like you're actually playing.You may be a tough guy, I'llbet you're tougher than me, but I would also bet my last dollar that you are not even in the same universe as Justin Tuck. It's clear to anyone with a brain that the guy is injured. Why? because he his clearly not playing to the level that we have all come to expect (including him). When healthy, he's a beast and nobody throws him around. At the moment he's clearly not healthy and there may reach a point when he's more of a liability than an asset on the field. He told Francessa last night that the Cowboys were still double teaming him. If that's the case, then it still seems like a good idea to play him if he can go. But to question the guy's toughness is nonsense pure and simple.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-13-2011, 12:19 PM
I thought he was already on IR this whole time, are you guys screwing with me?

DemandedAce
12-13-2011, 12:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825035e9/article/tucks-toe-injury-could-keep-him-out-of-giants-next-game

Good, not like he's shown up the past 13 games anyway.

DemandedAce
12-13-2011, 12:22 PM

lol love you mike

MikeIsaGiant
12-13-2011, 12:25 PM

lol love you mike

LOL, unfortunately I won't be in the chat room next weekend, and I probably won't even watch the game because it's my girlfriend's 50th, damnit, makes me so mad. I just hope the game is on at the restaurant

burier
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Justin Tuck is dead to me until he produces. For all you folks who love him so much I don't really get it. He's not a fiery leader. Leading by example is fine but he can't do that either Takes plays off Comes out of games in key moments (Waived someone back on the field because he didn't feel like comming in yet against the Packers...THE PACKERS FOR ****S SAKE! EVERY DAMN DEFENSIVE POSSESSION WAS CRITICAL AND HE WAS ON THE SIDELINE) complains of double teams, people pulling his helmet which apparently makes his tummy hurt. blames poor performances on owies and booboos. We're playing for our lives and he's getting thrown around like 90 pound white kid in a mosh pit. I'd rather have Tolly in there. He'll at least try.</P>

*</P>

It must be nice to sit there in your comfy chair behind your computer screen and pass judgement on someone when it is clear that you haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.*I especially like it when you say "we're playing for our lives" like you're actually playing.***You may be a tough guy, I'll*bet you're tougher than me, but I would also bet my last dollar that you are not even in the same universe as Justin Tuck.* It's clear to anyone with a brain that the guy is injured. Why? because he his clearly not playing to the level that we have all come to expect (including him). When healthy, he's a beast and nobody throws him around.* At the moment he's clearly not healthy and there may reach a point when he's more of a liability than an asset on the field.* He told Francessa last night that the Cowboys were still double teaming him. If that's the case, then it still seems like a good idea to play him if he can go.* But to question the guy's toughness is nonsense pure and simple.</P>

Riiiiight...I'm just a fan so who am I to criticize players? Gotcha. You're welcome to your opinion we just happen to disagree. I feel as a paying fan I have every right to call it just like I see it.

I use the term WE because I feel like it...because I support the team..because I'm miserable after a loss and elated after a win. My deepest regrets if that upsets you.

I'd also like to mention that I don't use the internet to speak on my physical prowess so I don't understand why you went there.

As far as Tuck being tougher than me...perhaps...in fact I'd certainly hope so concindering no one is paying me millions of dollars to go whip ***.

Theres no reason to get bent out of shape. You think owies/laziness/*****assness are good excuses for poor play and I don't.

Difference of opinion thats all.

DemandedAce
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Hit the bar to watch it! I won't be in chat either.... I'm gonna be at the game :DDD

burier
12-13-2011, 12:33 PM

lol love you mike

LOL, unfortunately I won't be in the chat room next weekend, and I probably won't even watch the game because it's my girlfriend's 50th, damnit, makes me so mad. I just hope the game is on at the restaurant

Dude you gotta celebrate that birthday on saturday.

MikeIsaGiant
12-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Hit the bar to watch it! I won't be in chat either.... I'm gonna be at the game :DDD

Lucky you, enjoy it man. Wish I had some extra cash to shill out for these games.

Unfortunately it's been final weeks so I can't even use the free tickets I was offered to go watch the Rangers

CowboysSuck
12-13-2011, 12:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825035e9/article/tucks-toe-injury-could-keep-him-out-of-giants-next-game</P>

*</P>

Addition by subtraction.* </P>

Exactly what i was thinking. Other than the occasional RB tackle and pressure, he hasn't done squat this year.

Dwinsballgames
12-13-2011, 01:32 PM

</P>

It must be nice to sit there in your comfy chair behind your computer screen and pass judgement on someone when it is clear that you haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.I especially like it when you say "we're playing for our lives" like you're actually playing.You may be a tough guy, I'llbet you're tougher than me, but I would also bet my last dollar that you are not even in the same universe as Justin Tuck. It's clear to anyone with a brain that the guy is injured. Why? because he his clearly not playing to the level that we have all come to expect (including him). When healthy, he's a beast and nobody throws him around. At the moment he's clearly not healthy and there may reach a point when he's more of a liability than an asset on the field. He told Francessa last night that the Cowboys were still double teaming him. If that's the case, then it still seems like a good idea to play him if he can go. But to question the guy's toughness is nonsense pure and simple.</P>

Riiiiight...I'm just a fan so who am I to criticize players? Gotcha. You're welcome to your opinion we just happen to disagree. </P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>You can criticize whoever you want but to question Tuck's toughness after what he has done in his career is nonesense.</FONT></P>

I feel as a paying fan I have every right to call it just like I see it. I use the term WE because I feel like it...because I support the team..because I'm miserable after a loss and elated after a win. My deepest regrets if that upsets you. </P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>I do it too sometimes, I was just trying to illistrate my point that you're calling out Tuck because you think he's lazy and not tough like you're a player and you would act differently in his position and I say you don't know what you're talking about.</FONT></P>

I'd also like to mention that I don't use the internet to speak on my physical prowess so I don't understand why you went there. As far as Tuck being tougher than me...perhaps...in fact I'd certainly hope so concindering no one is paying me millions of dollars to go whip ***. </P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Again, my point is that you have no idea what the man is going through from a physical standpoint so passing judgement on him in that regard is nonesense.</FONT></P>

Theres no reason to get bent out of shape. You think owies/laziness/*****assness are good excuses for poor play and I don't. Difference of opinion thats all.</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>If you read your original post, you will find that you were the one ranting and getting bent out of shape, not me.Further, you have no basis to say that Tuck is lazy or a ******** (whatever that's supposed to mean). Of course, you can say whatever you want. My position is that you have nothing to back it up other than your opinion and I say you don't know what you're talking about because the man has proven time and time again that he is a tough hardworking player. This isn't Albert Haynsworth we're talking about here it's Justin effing Tuck whose team thinks enough of his abilities and work ethic to put a "C" on his chest. But you know better, right?.</FONT></P>

</P>

Dwinsballgames
12-13-2011, 01:32 PM

</P>

Riiiiight...I'm just a fan so who am I to criticize players? Gotcha. You're welcome to your opinion we just happen to disagree. </P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>You can criticize whoever you want but to question Tuck's toughness after what he has done in his career is nonesense.</FONT></P>

I feel as a paying fan I have every right to call it just like I see it. I use the term WE because I feel like it...because I support the team..because I'm miserable after a loss and elated after a win. My deepest regrets if that upsets you. </P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>I do it too sometimes, I was just trying to illistrate my point that you're calling out Tuck because you think he's lazy and not tough like you're a player and you would act differently in his position and I say you don't know what you're talking about.</FONT></P>

I'd also like to mention that I don't use the internet to speak on my physical prowess so I don't understand why you went there. As far as Tuck being tougher than me...perhaps...in fact I'd certainly hope so concindering no one is paying me millions of dollars to go whip ***. </P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Again, my point is that you have no idea what the man is going through from a physical standpoint so passing judgement on him in that regard is nonesense.</FONT></P>

Theres no reason to get bent out of shape. You think owies/laziness/*****assness are good excuses for poor play and I don't. Difference of opinion thats all.</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>If you read your original post, you will find that you were the one ranting and getting bent out of shape, not me.Further, you have no basis to say that Tuck is lazy or a ******** (whatever that's supposed to mean). Of course, you can say whatever you want. My position is that you have nothing to back it up other than your opinion and I say you don't know what you're talking about because the man has proven time and time again that he is a tough hardworking player. This isn't Albert Haynsworth we're talking about here it's Justin effing Tuck whose team thinks enough of his abilities and work ethic to put a "C" on his chest. But you know better, right?.</FONT></P>

</P>

burier
12-13-2011, 01:43 PM

*</P>

It must be nice to sit there in your comfy chair behind your computer screen and pass judgement on someone when it is clear that you haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.*I especially like it when you say "we're playing for our lives" like you're actually playing.***You may be a tough guy, I'll*bet you're tougher than me, but I would also bet my last dollar that you are not even in the same universe as Justin Tuck.* It's clear to anyone with a brain that the guy is injured. Why? because he his clearly not playing to the level that we have all come to expect (including him). When healthy, he's a beast and nobody throws him around.* At the moment he's clearly not healthy and there may reach a point when he's more of a liability than an asset on the field.* He told Francessa last night that the Cowboys were still double teaming him. If that's the case, then it still seems like a good idea to play him if he can go.* But to question the guy's toughness is nonsense pure and simple.</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>If you read your original post, you will find that you were the one ranting and getting bent out of shape, not me.**Further, *you have no basis to say that Tuck is lazy or a ******** (whatever that's supposed to mean). Of course, you can say whatever you want.* My position is that you have nothing to back it up other than your opinion and I say you don't know what you're talking about because the man has proven time and time again that he is a tough hardworking player. This isn't Albert Haynsworth we're talking about here it's Justin effing Tuck whose team thinks enough of his abilities and work ethic to put a "C" on his chest.* But you know better, right?.</FONT></P>

</P>

ok well first of all I wasn't bent out of shape. I just use harsh wording because I think its fun and more interesting to read..but I stand by the essence of my post. You'll eventually come to understand that I believe what I say though I tend to use hyperbole from time to time.

As far as not knowing what Tuck is going through. You are correct. He could have swollen testicles which I'm guessing would hamper his ability to play at a high level...But he never said he had swollen testicles so far be it for me to assume he does. All I know is that he said he neck and groin hurt and thats what I'm going on. I've injured my groin. It hurts...I've injured my neck...it hurts.
But if its hurting him so bad that he cant be affective then I say bench him.

When I call Tuck lazy its not just this season. Its every year...its always the same thing..coming out of games and complaining.

I'm not in the guys skin but if Tuck or anyone else is waiting on 100% health from any pro football player...don't hold your breath.

The guys that make it are the ones who push through

I Bleed Blue
12-13-2011, 01:47 PM

Would we notice?

T-Murda84
12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Im so sick of Tuck. I never seen a defensive captain just rule himself out of a game. He did it early in the season because he woke up was a sore neck lol, and then said he did it because the team was better without him. What kind of captain believes that...Justin Tuck is the William Beatty of the Defensive Line, so soft and mild mannered, just doesnt have the fire or the passion to compete. Pierce was so right about Tuck.

If Tuck misses next weeks game....I hope that "C" on his jersey gets replaced....This is the most important STRETCH of the season, and u ruling urself out. I bet after the MRI, Tuck wont get a 2nd or 3rd opinion from a different doctor. Because thats what most leaders do.

I think I lost my respect for Tuck after Flozell Adams tossed him into the sidelines...and he sat there taking a knee and getting up with his hands on his hips.

titwio
12-13-2011, 02:17 PM
If Tuck is just going to be out there as the "fourth man on the line"....then he shouldn't be playing at all. I much rather him sit and have Tollefson take the reps.

Tuck couldn't do anything last week... if he's going to give the same effort this week then it's not worth just having him in there to scare Washington from running to his side.

BTW...Who's next on the depth chart at DE after Tolly?......I'm guessing it must be Kiwanuka.