PDA

View Full Version : Abysmal officiating

nhpgiantsfan
08-29-2012, 11:35 PM
These refs tonight were terrible. First that wole mess with the two penalties on the punt where it took them 5 minutes to figure out what they were doing. Then the do a boothe review with less than one minute left in the game just to call a penalty against the Iants for 12 men in the huddle! Since when do the stop the game to look at the tape and count oldies on the field.

They need to settle this fast.

miked1958
08-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Yea just horrible. How about last week when they gave the giants an untimed play at end of first quarter

gmen0820
08-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Don't know what you got 'till it's gone.

DandyDon
08-30-2012, 12:45 AM
The regular refs are not bad, they just cannot compete with tv technology. IMHO, you would need 10 to 12 refs on the field and sidelines to even come close to getting every call right. Or put a couple in the broadcast studio with overturn authority.

But these guys are bad - not that it's their fault, they are just overmatched by the speed of the NFL game.

With all the $$$ the NFL makes, they cant come to an agreement with the refs? We are seriously going into the regular season with these guys?

The fans will solve this. Make noise and the NFL will give the refs a contract.

Rod-Diggity
08-30-2012, 02:15 AM
and this is what we're starting week 1 with smh, these owners are so childish and full of pride

Rat_bastich
08-30-2012, 02:25 AM
Yeah I had to listen to the game at work via internet. I don't remember a game where it stopped so many times because of penalties that I actually got up and walked away for a few minutes. I know the "real" officials were lacking but not as bad as these guys. I thought everything would eventually balance out but it looks gloomy.

Giantsfan241
08-30-2012, 02:33 AM
These refs are trying very hard I understand their frustrations but they need to get off their butts at home after the game stop eating those oreos and watch some penalty film god bless go gmen.

TomCat_FIN
08-30-2012, 02:57 AM
I never really liked the "real" refs either, but watching these replacement guys has made me appreciate the job the real ones do. I mean you can't expect them to get EVERYTHING correct, but there are so many botched calls, non-calls and phantom penalties that it's ridiculous. It seems like if they haven't called a penalty for a while, they'll call a holding one out of the blue.

Toadofsteel
08-30-2012, 03:01 AM
I never really liked the "real" refs either, but watching these replacement guys has made me appreciate the job the real ones do. I mean you can't expect them to get EVERYTHING correct, but there are so many botched calls, non-calls and phantom penalties that it's ridiculous. It seems like if they haven't called a penalty for a while, they'll call a holding one out of the blue.

Same here... as long as Bill Leavy isn't running the crew, at least.

GMan-67
08-30-2012, 04:28 AM
i gotta say, i have a soft spot for Don King .... only in America !!!!

jomo
08-30-2012, 08:27 AM
The old refs and I do mean OLD are not a much better option and their financial demands are ridiculous. The league shouldn't have let it get to tthis. They should have embarked on a full time officiating program years ago.

Redeyejedi
08-30-2012, 08:45 AM
"NFL owners want them to stop being part-time labor and instead work full-time for the league. Sounds great, except they want the refs to eliminate their other sources of income while taking a 16 percent cut in salary. They also want to eliminate their pensions and replace them with 401k plans tied to the stock market"

OX1
08-30-2012, 08:55 AM
It seems like if they haven't called a penalty for a while, they'll call a holding one on the blue.

Fixed it for ya......

Atomic1
08-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Those clowns had me rolling on the floor laughing . You could do that in pre-season BUT starting next week officiating like that will get me angry ! That call that seemed to take a half hour that they still got wrong was hilarious as not only the officiating was clueless but just what was Matt McCants the rookie LT doing running up and bumping ELI.....Carl Banks Dead-paned... McCants almost got the sack on ELI....as the officials were bumbling and stumbling... Classic...LOL ..That whole scene was like watching the 3 Stooges !