PDA

View Full Version : Ojomo to dt? Why not?

ksmooth22
08-30-2012, 12:42 AM
First of all i hope Ojomo makes the team, 2nd the kid probably could play defensive tackle or you could put him in tucks spot and put tuck at dt, it wont really ruin rotation but why not JT played dt quite a bit last year they always switch it up, why not do that? this kid better make the team.

Giants5699
08-30-2012, 12:43 AM
Ojomo played DT at the U as well. He knows the position but is better suited on the outside. If a DE is getting moved to DT at all it would be Tuck

BrianK01
08-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Why? He will get plenty of reps at end so why not play to his strengths?

ksmooth22
08-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Why? He will get plenty of reps at end so why not play to his strengths?

bro they have osi at the end, and i know he will but im just saying since we have DT problems why not start him their?

BlueSanta
08-30-2012, 01:59 AM
bro they have osi at the end, and i know he will but im just saying since we have DT problems why not start him their?

positions are not interchangable like that.

We have some guys who can lay DT in the nascar package(Tuck/ JPP) but that is only used on passing downs. What do you know about Ojomo's gap control? How about his ability to take on double teams? How is he at the point of attack These are some of the most important attributes for a Dt and his being able to pressure the QB from DE doesnt say anything about these attributes.

ksmooth22
08-30-2012, 02:10 AM
thats why im saying put tuck at DT.

Rat_bastich
08-30-2012, 02:10 AM

We have some guys who can lay DT in the nascar package(Tuck/ JPP) but that is only used on passing downs. What do you know about Ojomo's gap control? How about his ability to take on double teams? How is he at the point of attack These are some of the most important attributes for a Dt and his being able to pressure the QB from DE doesnt say anything about these attributes.

Exactly! You would be taking from his strength. Defensive Tackles are supposed to suck up blocks and push the offensive line back and crush the pocket from the front to prevent lanes for running or passing while the ends swoop around. Ojomo is the athletic end who has the speed to get to the quarterback with as little interference from an Offensive Lineman or Tight-End as possible. Defensive Tackles are not sack machines and Ojomo would miss out.

BlueSanta
08-30-2012, 02:13 AM
thats why im saying put tuck at DT.

Do I need to refer you to THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD.....

"OJOMO to DT? Why Not?"

TheEnigma
08-30-2012, 02:15 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Stop_sign_MUTCD.svg/220px-Stop_sign_MUTCD.svg.png

making

http://timetobleed.com/images/threads.jpg

BlueSanta
08-30-2012, 02:17 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Stop_sign_MUTCD.svg/220px-Stop_sign_MUTCD.svg.png

making

I am finding good humor in this forums tonight. Ty for that

ksmooth22
08-30-2012, 02:21 AM
no i know what i put i just think he would be better at DT then what we have guys thats what im saying.

Rat_bastich
08-30-2012, 02:28 AM
Alright....now I am officially confused.

RagTime Blue
08-30-2012, 03:19 AM
All of our DE's are too small to play DT. Look at how long it took Canty to learn 3tech. Do you really want to put a rookie there who's too small to be there?

lawrenceS59
08-30-2012, 03:45 AM
Bad idea. Ojomo's 270...he'd be giving up at least 40 pounds to whoever is lined up across from him in a small gap. The ball would get run down his throat.

Giantsfan241
08-30-2012, 03:54 AM
dude no wtf? Ojomo stays at DE for sure.

rainierjef
08-30-2012, 03:57 AM

making

enigma.....

you are my homie

Rat_bastich
08-30-2012, 04:07 AM
I think the hammer came down.

GMan-67
08-30-2012, 04:07 AM
good for Ojomo, he saw his opportunity and grabbed it .... DT, well not in base D, but don't forget we have our NASCAR packages where DEs play DT on obvious passing downs

dave56dj
08-30-2012, 04:44 AM
Look Ojomo came on strong and dominated the threes and the occasional twos. I think he earned his spot and if this is the case he will rotate in at DE like Tolly did. In the nascar package Tolly rushed as a DT too and so will Ojomo if given the same spot. That said this does not help our DT base package issues. That still lies with the big boys - Rocky Linval Kuhn Hendricks or Thomas - the passing situations were never the issue.

NorwoodBlue
08-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Man this is a bizarre thread for sure. The guy hasn't even made the team yet, and you want him to play out of position. The guy may very well be headed for the practice squad.

Tuck is NOT a DT, never has been, never will be.

If Ojomo makes the active roster, he'll spell Tuck at DE, and that will be his role. People are trying to catapult this guy to all-pro status and he hasn't even played a real game against first team competition yet. Let's get real, he hasn't done anything yet, except shine against guys who are probably getting cut before Saturday.

BrianK01
08-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Man this is a bizarre thread for sure. The guy hasn't even made the team yet, and you want him to play out of position. The guy may very well be headed for the practice squad.

Tuck is NOT a DT, never has been, never will be.

If Ojomo makes the active roster, he'll spell Tuck at DE, and that will be his role. People are trying to catapult this guy to all-pro status and he hasn't even played a real game against first team competition yet. Let's get real, he hasn't done anything yet, except shine against guys who are probably getting cut before Saturday.No way would he ever make the practice squad.

Dwinsballgames
08-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Yes, let's not annoint the kid yet. Let's just hope he: #1 makes the team and, #2 can fill the role vacated by Tolly.

JJC7301
08-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Do whatever you have to to keep him on the roster. This guy's a player.

tonyt830
08-30-2012, 12:06 PM

We have some guys who can lay DT in the nascar package(Tuck/ JPP) but that is only used on passing downs. What do you know about Ojomo's gap control? How about his ability to take on double teams? How is he at the point of attack These are some of the most important attributes for a Dt and his being able to pressure the QB from DE doesnt say anything about these attributes.I agree with you comments regarding gap control, taking on double teams. His strength appears to be rushing the QB from the DE position.

I know the OP mentions Tuck at DT, and that is only in the Nascar package, not as a Fulltime DT. I know Canty is on the PUP, but Linval and Bernard are going to hold the fort down just fine until Canty is ready to come back. If they need to be spelled, Austin(depending on his health and status), and Hendricks/Kuhn/Thomas will be ready. I think the Giants carry 4 DTs with Canty on the PUP.