PDA

View Full Version : Perry Fewell's Lack of Adjustments

StarWarsGiant
12-13-2011, 09:02 AM
This guy is totally clueless. His game plan is get pressure on the QB.. If that doesn't work then he is lost.

GB game. Offense ties the game. GB needs a FG to win. This guy comes out and plays Man coverage across the board so they catch the ball and get all types of YAC and beat us.. Play some kind of Zone and tackle.. them make them use their last timeout and go into overtime.

Same thing against the Cowboys. Played man covered and JPP saved his but* with the blocked FG.. not to mention Romo with the overthrow..

Fewell is a bad DC and the players are not buyng into whatever he is selling.

Please bring back spags to run the D..

elaherb
12-13-2011, 09:20 AM
I AGREE COMPLETLY. HECAME WITH THE REPUTATION ASA GOOD PASS DEFENDER. WE HAVE SEEN HE IS NOT. IF HE DOES NOT GET PRESSURE FROM THE FRONT FOUR HE DOES ADAPT TO ANOTHER SCHEME. JPP IS THE ONLY ONE THAT APPLS ANY PRESSURE EXCEPT WHEN HIS ASSIGNMENT IS TO GET INTO PASS COVERAGE.HESI LEWIAS AND ERICKSON ALL OVER AGAIN.

YATittle1962
12-13-2011, 10:34 AM
all I read is how folks hate his zone mentality ...now yr hating on his man coverage.....

the fact that Will Blackmon was even on the team let alone on the field covering Jordy Nelson one on one should give you a slight clue of what this defenses true problems are....

its not completely Fewell.... even though he will naturally take the brunt of the blame

scf424
12-13-2011, 10:38 AM
If T2 and Goff are in there, along with a consistently healthy Tuck/Osi, I'm sure the song being sung here would be alot more upbeat.

Does he call some bad plays? Absolutely. But who doesn't? The defense still needs to make tackles, and the secondary needs better communication.

I'm 99.9% sure Fewell didn't call for Bryant to be open 50 yards downfield.

Oh, and PS: sometimes your players just get beaten. How do you think other teams feel when Nicks/Cruz/Ham burn their DBs?

Miles Austin vs Aaron Ross isn't exactly in our favor.

Mr Excitement
12-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Lack of talent doesnt help him...