PDA

View Full Version : Weakness= offensive line

BigBlueCrew22
08-30-2012, 02:13 AM
our offensive line straight up looks abysmal. david deihl looks washed up and done, will beaty has never played good in my eyes and he is injured, i think even if beaty is healthy locklear should be the starter. it just doesnt look good, petrus looked great in the playoffs last year, what happened? snee is always good, and baas is just reallly slow and he is horrible on pickin up blitz's. this oline looks below average, or even poor :(

Marvelousmik
08-30-2012, 02:57 AM
The backups or starters? Not sure if you've been watching the same games as me, but it looks like our O line is giving eli a lot of time to pass.

Giantsfan241
08-30-2012, 03:00 AM
Ty for the amazing insight lol, we know this it sucks but every team has weaknesses we just have ours in the worst spot.

Marvelousmik
08-30-2012, 03:15 AM
How is the "starting" o line playing bad? That backups are playing out right garbage. No one will deny that, but how are the starting group playing bad?

Rat_bastich
08-30-2012, 06:14 AM
our offensive line straight up looks abysmal. david deihl looks washed up and done, will beaty has never played good in my eyes and he is injured, i think even if beaty is healthy locklear should be the starter. it just doesnt look good, petrus looked great in the playoffs last year, what happened? snee is always good, and baas is just reallly slow and he is horrible on pickin up blitz's. this oline looks below average, or even poor :(

I was just reading over most underated and overrated players on MSN.com and they have Diehl as one of the most underrated. I agree with everyone that he has done alot for the organization and has, like Kiwanuka, done what the organization has asked of him...but I would not call him underrated. They had alot of other questionable players up there as well you would've thought Bayless was moonlighting over there.

I am getting the feeling that Diehl may get the O'Hara/McKenzie treatment next season. I wonder if McKenzie is still available and in semi-football shape? I know he is a tackle but hell anything is good right now.

titwio
08-30-2012, 06:23 AM
How is the "starting" o line playing bad? That backups are playing out right garbage. No one will deny that, but how are the starting group playing bad?

For the first quarter it was basically the starters with the exception of Petrus. Diehl, Baas, Boothe and Locklear who are the projected starters against the Cowboys did look like crap today.

But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they maybe were just trying to come out of this game injury free and unscathed.

nhpgiantsfan
08-30-2012, 07:18 AM

Pretty sure Petrus didn't see a single snap in the playoffs last year.

jomo
08-30-2012, 07:19 AM
our offensive line straight up looks abysmal. david deihl looks washed up and done, will beaty has never played good in my eyes and he is injured, i think even if beaty is healthy locklear should be the starter. it just doesnt look good, petrus looked great in the playoffs last year, what happened? snee is always good, and baas is just reallly slow and he is horrible on pickin up blitz's. this oline looks below average, or even poor :(...........and this just dawned on you? :D

Marvelousmik
08-30-2012, 09:17 AM
For the first quarter it was basically the starters with the exception of Petrus. Diehl, Baas, Boothe and Locklear who are the projected starters against the Cowboys did look like crap today.

But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they maybe were just trying to come out of this game injury free and unscathed.

what did they do wrong? i remember eli having a really good pocket. the only time he got sacked was because of petrus. (a backup)

JesseJames
08-30-2012, 10:39 AM
personally I don't see any way we can fix this O line for this season other than just more playing time together and hope for the best. I have been saying this for 2 years now and still wonder why Reese made no attempt to do anything meaningful to fix this line..

JJC7301
08-30-2012, 10:47 AM
They should have started revamping the o-line two or three years ago.

tonyt830
08-30-2012, 10:48 AM
The backups or starters? Not sure if you've been watching the same games as me, but it looks like our O line is giving eli a lot of time to pass.The starters did not look bad last night. yes Petrus was filling in for Snee, and I think Petrus has taken a step back in his development this preseason.

I'm ok with Locklear at LT, and will be a solid back-up when Beatty is ready at LT. McCants probably will be cut, and maybe signed to the practice squad to let him develop some. But he struggled last night, but hey he is a rookie.

I am more concerned with the health of Beatty and Brewer as well. Both have had back problems and missed a lot of time.

I think Reese will be watching the waiver wire to see if he can add any solid depth on the O-line.

repeatchamps
08-30-2012, 10:56 AM
personally I don't see any way we can fix this O line for this season other than just more playing time together and hope for the best. I have been saying this for 2 years now and still wonder why Reese made no attempt to do anything meaningful to fix this line..

It's two-fold. There were no lights out offensive tackles in the last several drafts based on where the Giants picked in the 1st round. If there were any then none have yet to come into their own on any NFL team which means they'd make no impact on this Giants team either. Name me one offensive tackle that was available around the spot the Giants have picked in the 1st round that would make sense to pick over anyone they ended up picking. You can't because there were none.

The other aspect is there have been no lights out offensive tackles in free agency in years and even if there were some better guys avaialble than what they have now the Giants would have been unable to afford paying for one let alone two based on the Giants recent Salary Cap situation over the last 5 years.

Redeyejedi
08-30-2012, 11:21 AM
I was just reading over most underated and overrated players on MSN.com and they have Diehl as one of the most underrated. I agree with everyone that he has done alot for the organization and has, like Kiwanuka, done what the organization has asked of him...but I would not call him underrated. They had alot of other questionable players up there as well you would've thought Bayless was moonlighting over there.

I am getting the feeling that Diehl may get the O'Hara/McKenzie treatment next season. I wonder if McKenzie is still available and in semi-football shape? I know he is a tackle but hell anything is good right now.The Guy that gave up the most pressures per snap in the NFL last year is underrated.Okay. The only statement i can make that would make him underrated is saying he is the worst Olineman in the NFL then U can say he is underrated

Redeyejedi
08-30-2012, 11:29 AM
our offensive line straight up looks abysmal. david deihl looks washed up and done, will beaty has never played good in my eyes and he is injured, i think even if beaty is healthy locklear should be the starter. it just doesnt look good, petrus looked great in the playoffs last year, what happened? snee is always good, and baas is just reallly slow and he is horrible on pickin up blitz's. this oline looks below average, or even poor :( The Giants have the worst lineman in the NFL. Even Snee who has been an exceptional player has started to decline. Are 2 Starting Tackles Locklear and Diehl were both in the Bottom 10 in efficiency last year. Are Best Lineman last year was Will Beatty and even he graded out negatively. Diehl last year gave up 9 Sacks 8 QB Hits and 48 Hurries. I think the Giants could actually upgrade 4 spots thats how putrid they are

Giantsfan241
08-30-2012, 11:39 AM
I agree with Redeye we have the worst O Line in the NFL needs to fixed ASAP idk what Reese was thinking you can't overshadow o line with other great personnel (ie he overshadowed our weakness with LBS because we had great dline play) Eli managed to do it last year because he is that good but can he do it a second year? We have to hope.

Redeyejedi
08-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I agree with Redeye we have the worst O Line in the NFL needs to fixed ASAP idk what Reese was thinking you can't overshadow o line with other great personnel (ie he overshadowed our weakness with LBS because we had great dline play) Eli managed to do it last year because he is that good but can he do it a second year? We have to hope. The funny thing is the guys the Giants were high on have been disasters thus far so in a way its almost good we didnt take 1. Nate Solder has been dreadful and Ijalana has tore his ACL twice

GameTime
08-30-2012, 11:50 AM
maybe the Giants O line has the same mantra as the jets offense. Not showing anything till the first game this season......lol

Giantsfan241
08-30-2012, 11:52 AM
The funny thing is the guys the Giants were high on have been disasters thus far so in a way its almost good we didnt take 1. Nate Solder has been dreadful and Ijalana has tore his ACL twice

With us they'd probably tear 7 lol.

Giantsfan241
08-30-2012, 11:53 AM
maybe the Giants O line has the same mantra as the jets offense. Not showing anything till the first game this season......lol
Not showing anything until the check comes lol.

ozzie0075
08-30-2012, 12:10 PM
I think the 1s have been fine so far this year. Hopefully Beatty come back healthy. The real issue is depth, if any of the 2s have to play significant minutes we are in truouble.

titwio
08-30-2012, 05:22 PM
what did they do wrong?

Pass pro was ok...run blocking they were atrocious. Guys were running into the backfield unblocked.

miked1958
08-30-2012, 07:17 PM
The backups or starters? Not sure if you've been watching the same games as me, but it looks like our O line is giving eli a lot of time to pass.Not last night? If he wasn't running for his life he was getting hammered as he threw it or sacked

jomo
08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
I agree with Redeye we have the worst O Line in the NFL needs to fixed ASAP idk what Reese was thinking you can't overshadow o line with other great personnel (ie he overshadowed our weakness with LBS because we had great dline play) Eli managed to do it last year because he is that good but can he do it a second year? We have to hope.Literally speaking, we don't have the worst OL in the NFL. It concerns all of us, especially our backups. We need help on the injury front this year.

Tmurda1984
08-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Jerry Reese is very lucky he got the job in the Eli Manning era. Eli is just an amazing QB...he loses weapons constantly each year and plays behind a sorry offensive line. Any other QB would of been hurt in that 49er playoff games last season. If I was Reese i would of apologized to Eli after that game.

ozzie0075
08-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Jerry Reese is very lucky he got the job in the Eli Manning era. Eli is just an amazing QB...he loses weapons constantly each year and plays behind a sorry offensive line. Any other QB would of been hurt in that 49er playoff games last season. If I was Reese i would of apologized to Eli after that game.

Those weapons you speak of Jerry found the for Eli.