PDA

View Full Version : Well if Ojomo doesn't make this team....

Snappinnecks
08-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Then he will be picked within a couple of hours after we place him on the practice squad...

wuzpapn
08-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Yea, the Patriots.

thomsoad
08-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Then he will be picked within a couple of hours after we place him on the practice squad...

Just as an FYI: When a team cuts a player they cant offer them the practice squad til they clear waivers. So technically Ojomo would never be on our practice squad.

Im sure its what you meant...its sort of more for those newer to these boards.

thomsoad
08-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Yea, the Patriots.

With Ojomo...its like the Pats and probably 28 other teams. No chance we let him go....he is the V Cruz of Defense

BrianK01
08-30-2012, 09:50 AM
He would never clear waivers to make it to the practice squad...

Yea, the Patriots.
He wouldn't make it that far down the waiver list, I think Indy has 1st pick of waiver wire so he would be a Colt.

wuzpapn
08-30-2012, 09:54 AM
I was joking guys. Bilicheat loves our sloppy seconds.

NorwoodBlue
08-30-2012, 09:57 AM
With Ojomo...its like the Pats and probably 28 other teams. No chance we let him go....he is the V Cruz of Defense

The Victor Cruz of the defense? So Ojomo, who's played primarily 4th quarter preseason football is going to be an all-pro, on a team with three DE who've already been all-pro? If you watch virtually every other preseason game from any season there's always some young stud who tears up the 3rd string O-line and gets to the third string QB. I believe several young players have done that against the Giants this season. It's kind of like stocks : "pre-season performance is no guarantee of future regular season performance." Ojomo , may have developable talent, and that's for the coaches to decide. To say he belongs on the team, isn't something any of us have enough information on based on a few late game performances. My feeling is they'll try to slip him onto the practice squad. He may clear waivers, or he may not; but I think the Giants have enough DE talent ahead of him to take that chance.

thomsoad
08-30-2012, 09:58 AM
I was joking guys. Bilicheat loves our sloppy seconds.

Becuz he took one player that we waived?

Toadofsteel
08-30-2012, 09:59 AM
I think Harbaugh likes our sloppy seconds more than Belicheck...

thomsoad
08-30-2012, 10:02 AM
The Victor Cruz of the defense? So Ojomo, who's played primarily 4th quarter preseason football is going to be an all-pro, on a team with three DE who've already been all-pro? If you watch virtually every other preseason game from any season there's always some young stud who tears up the 3rd string O-line and gets to the third string QB. I believe several young players have done that against the Giants this season. It's kind of like stocks : "pre-season performance is no guarantee of future regular season performance." Ojomo , may have developable talent, and that's for the coaches to decide. To say he belongs on the team, isn't something any of us have enough information on based on a few late game performances. My feeling is they'll try to slip him onto the practice squad. He may clear waivers, or he may not; but I think the Giants have enough DE talent ahead of him to take that chance.

The reference of "V Cruz of the Defense" is in reference to how an undrafted rookie makes such an impact in preseason that it is impossible to quietly waive him and get him on the practice squad.

In Cruz rookie season the Giants wanted to get Cruz on the practice squad becuz of how raw he was...but his preseason (Jets game in particular) negated any possiblity of that becuz Cruz obviously woulda been snatched up by probably 28 other teams.

Same thing with Ojomo....either he makes the Final 53 or kiss him goodbye. No chance he makes our PS.

ANON837
08-30-2012, 10:12 AM
He almost guaranteed himself a roster spot on an NFL team. He has some speed and instincts. Raw, yes, but definitely a keeper. Would love to see him stay in blue.

BrianK01
08-30-2012, 10:19 AM
The Victor Cruz of the defense? So Ojomo, who's played primarily 4th quarter preseason football is going to be an all-pro, on a team with three DE who've already been all-pro? If you watch virtually every other preseason game from any season there's always some young stud who tears up the 3rd string O-line and gets to the third string QB. I believe several young players have done that against the Giants this season. It's kind of like stocks : "pre-season performance is no guarantee of future regular season performance." Ojomo , may have developable talent, and that's for the coaches to decide. To say he belongs on the team, isn't something any of us have enough information on based on a few late game performances. My feeling is they'll try to slip him onto the practice squad. He may clear waivers, or he may not; but I think the Giants have enough DE talent ahead of him to take that chance.No several young players haven't done that to the Giants this year and no you can't watch virtually every other preseason game and see that. It is very obvious the kid has outstanding pass rushing skills that don't clear waivers. He has done it 3 games in a row and coaches, team mates and fans are all noticing and talking about him for a reason....

hufcane
08-30-2012, 10:40 AM
this organization doesnt allow d lineman with potential to leave

ryan12
08-30-2012, 10:44 AM
i like ojomo alot marshall looks good and i like broha. log jam at de

NorwoodBlue
08-30-2012, 10:46 AM
No several young players haven't done that to the Giants this year and no you can't watch virtually every other preseason game and see that. It is very obvious the kid has outstanding pass rushing skills that don't clear waivers. He has done it 3 games in a row and coaches, team mates and fans are all noticing and talking about him for a reason....

If the coaching staff is so high on Ojomo, why did Marshall and Broha start? And they got more sacks against better competition by the way. Ojomo has been a fourth quarter star; but that doesn't mean he's active roster talent at this point. The coaching staff will decide that by Friday. No one is saying he won't develop into a good player, he very well may; but is he a guy you want on your active roster when you're defending a Super Bowl title? Maybe not.

There's always hype that goes along with these guys who shine in the second half of preseason games; but it's seldom justified over time.

JJC7301
08-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Ojomo deserves to make this team, hands down. He's shown that he is talented, and you don't pass up on talent. Get rid of one of the crappy o-lineman or one of the WR's like Hixon or Barden, but keep Ojomo. No question. I don't even care if you're depleting an area that's already thin. If that area is thin and stocked with crappy players, then go with the talent in the area that's already stocked in talent. You never know when injuries are going to deplete you in that previously stocked area.

BillTheGreek
08-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Ojomo deserves to make this team, hands down. He's shown that he is talented, and you don't pass up on talent. Get rid of one of the crappy o-lineman or one of the WR's like Hixon or Barden, but keep Ojomo. No question. I don't even care if you're depleting an area that's already thin. If that area is thin and stocked with crappy players, then go with the talent in the area that's already stocked in talent. You never know when injuries are going to deplete you in that previously stocked area.

This is the first True comment I read today !

NorwoodBlue
08-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Coach Coughlin's comments on Ojomo after the NE game:

Q: Can you talk a little bit about Broha and Ojomo?
A: Those two kids have really done a nice job the entire preseason. They play hard. They get after the quarterback pretty good. They’ve done a nice job in practice every day. They don’t miss a thing. They’ve been a very pleasant surprise.

Hardly a ringing , can't miss the active roster endorsement.