PDA

View Full Version : Major concerns heading into week 1

bigblue999
08-30-2012, 11:44 AM
The Pats game was a huge disappointment on offense. The starters went against the Pat's scrubs and couldn't do anything. I hope this doesn't carry over into game 1.

ryan12
08-30-2012, 11:57 AM
looked bad against the scrubs they didnt to do much with fear of injury. however against a good bear d we had a great o performance

nhpgiantsfan
08-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Can't really gauge it from last nights walk through. However, offensive line is a huge concern. Seems like multiple defenders in the backfield on every running play.

ryan12
08-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Can't really gauge it from last nights walk through. However, offensive line is a huge concern. Seems like multiple defenders in the backfield on every running play.

i agree line doesnt look good however last night snee didnt play and they kept running it by petrus to see what he had

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 12:04 PM
the team had absolutely no intensity. but lets not look too much into it. in preseason games, offenses struggle often knowing they only have a few series and more pressure is added on each individual play to ensure the drive continues.
we couldnt get out of our own way. team looked flat, but i think u also have to credit the intensity the NE 2nd teamers had. which is understandable bc many of them were playing for their job. they were celebrating when they made plays like it was the SB and not the last preseason game.

Also, i bet we were installing the gameplan for dallas already and things just werent working against a diff unit.

I have no worries about this game. The team will come out, and continue on without skipping a beat from the run last season. I expect BIG things

ryan12
08-30-2012, 12:06 PM
the team had absolutely no intensity. but lets not look too much into it. in preseason games, offenses struggle often knowing they only have a few series and more pressure is added on each individual play to ensure the drive continues.
we couldnt get out of our own way. team looked flat, but i think u also have to credit the intensity the NE 2nd teamers had. which is understandable bc many of them were playing for their job. they were celebrating when they made plays like it was the SB and not the last preseason game.

Also, i bet we were installing the gameplan for dallas already and things just werent working against a diff unit.

I have no worries about this game. The team will come out, and continue on without skipping a beat from the run last season. I expect BIG things

well said and i agree 100%

Buddy333
08-30-2012, 12:14 PM
There was less intensity in that game last night than there is in the Pro Bowl.

davepc
08-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Yes, the players trying to get it over with and go home in a meaningless game is a major worry.

ponch inda face
08-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Seems like multiple defenders in the backfield on every running play.

Aka it seemed like we were watching video of our run game last year. It's preseason and the last game at that, but I am really hoping to see some major improvement over last year from the line.

Moke
08-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Starters were playing not to get hurt, and our 2nd/3rd/4th string players were playing to get a spot.

I saw many non-starters playing with intensity at the end of the game (especially on defense).

Plus, our o-line was giving Carr and co. no time at all to make plays.

I wouldn't be worried at all.

TrueBlue@NYC
08-30-2012, 03:01 PM
The OL has been shaky all pre-season. I thought we'd see some improvement with Baas being in the second year and DD moving to RT which better fits his skill set, but the unit as a whole has been very underwhelming. Any news on Beatty returning? He's missed the entire pre-season which is not good.

TomCat_FIN
08-30-2012, 03:07 PM
My biggest concern is stupid penalties that will make Eli work overtime and throw every pass twice. Wouldn't be the first time they shoot themselves in the foot with moronic penalties.

However, if they play smart and the penalties stay somewhat normal then this team doesn't have that many deficiencies. Ok, maybe the DT position, but the defense in general should be ok.

I'm expecting big things out of this group of football players.

Laurah1275
08-30-2012, 03:10 PM

I have no worries about this game. The team will come out, and continue on without skipping a beat from the run last season. I expect BIG thingsA+...I agree.

ozzie0075
08-30-2012, 03:15 PM
People tend to over react to preseason play. A lot of these are vets and many times they just end up going through the motions. The team as whole played very well in the only preseason game that mattered against the Bears.

On a side note the preseason really needs to be cut down to 2 games.

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 03:17 PM
I have no worries at all from last night the Giants were just trying to get Nicks a couple reps they weren't showing much at all. I think when K.G. opens up the play book especially on 3rd and short defenses are going to be in trouble with all the weapons we have on offense and the defense all the starters were resting they will be beats against Dallas on Wednesday. This offense if it's not in the top 5 lol then I shoot myself.

pacco_diablo
08-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Even bigger than the concerns at O-Line are my concerns at DB. I think we will be constantly tested opposite of Webster. Honestly, I'm not really sold on Amukamara yet. Yea, he played a bit last year but I'm sure we'll see several "rookie" mistakes from him as he continues to get adjusted to the NFL. I just hope that position doesnt become a liability on the field. To me CB is one of the toughest positions to play and it's relatively easy to be exposed. Get a QB and WR in sync and it's almost impossible to defend, especially for those who do not have much NFL experience. Also, I love the size of our LB's but they are definitely not the quickest. I can see us being exposed there too in the passing game. Fewell has his work cut out. I know that you sometimes want to disguise packages, but I'm hoping not to see our LBs close to the line very often, unless they're being sent. Against the run, I'm sure we'll be top dogs. Against the pass however, we have some very obvious soft spots.

ozzie0075
08-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Even bigger than the concerns at O-Line are my concerns at DB. I think we will be constantly tested opposite of Webster. Honestly, I'm not really sold on Amukamara yet. Yea, he played a bit last year but I'm sure we'll see several "rookie" mistakes from him as he continues to get adjusted to the NFL. I just hope that position doesnt become a liability on the field. To me CB is one of the toughest positions to play and it's relatively easy to be exposed. Get a QB and WR in sync and it's almost impossible to defend, especially for those who do not have much NFL experience. Also, I love the size of our LB's but they are definitely not the quickest. I can see us being exposed there too in the passing game. Fewell has his work cut out. I know that you sometimes want to disguise packages, but I'm hoping not to see our LBs close to the line very often, unless they're being sent. Against the run, I'm sure we'll be top dogs. Against the pass however, we have some very obvious soft spots.

CB becomes much easier to play when you have the best pass rush in football. Fewell will find ways to get to the QB to help protect the back 4.

joemorrisforprez
08-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Other than guys on the bubble, Preseason Game #4 is utterly worthless for the starters.

I wouldn't read anything into it, beyond guys that are trying to make the team.

pacco_diablo
09-06-2012, 12:47 AM

I sure hope we can shake the dust off after this game. One thing is for sure, id rather lose the first game as opposed to the last game. We'll be ok... I hope.